Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 06-05-2011, 04:32 AM
LovelyMissAries's Avatar
LovelyMissAries LovelyMissAries is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: US
Posts: 1,500
Cool Sun Square Neptune

I'm being repetitive starting another thread on this, but I wasn't able to find the other recent one (that I know is here somewhere!) to add my question.

I have this placement and the majority of interpretations indicate someone with a foggy sense of self, escapist tendencies, yada-yada (gawl, why do squares get such a bad rap? If anything I'm annoyed by trines because they're not as apparent, but I digress...) however when I ordered this report from a youth-friendly astrology site it gave me this interpretation:
You find love difficult to grab onto, do you not? There have been lovers you managed to wrap around your little finger, blessed as you are with a magnetism and the spooky capacity to see directly into their hearts. But this is not ultimately satisfying. You see them but they don't see you.
What's always stuck with me is the "..spooky capacity to see directly into their hearts..." part. Has anyone with Sun Square Neptune been able to do that? What does that mean exactly, that Sun sq. Neptune are able to read people well?
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro_2gw_01_hanna_he.14574.9903.gif (45.5 KB, 25 views)

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 06-06-2011, 01:22 AM
LovelyMissAries's Avatar
LovelyMissAries LovelyMissAries is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: US
Posts: 1,500
Re: Sun Square Neptune

I should also add I wasn't looking for anyone to read my chart specifically but put it up there as a precaution.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 06-06-2011, 05:26 AM
Flowergirl's Avatar
Flowergirl Flowergirl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 604
Re: Sun Square Neptune

I find this aspect as a difficulty to grasp a sense of self. Neptune is quite prominent in my chart and I don't have a good sense of boundary between me and others. It's always sort of blended. I take on other people's identity, pursuits or tastes on very easily without me realising doing it. Maybe that is what it means when it says you see into the heart of others easily. I don't do it to be invasive or because I'm curious or anything like that. It just happens via osmosis and it is a most natural occurrence. And most annoying too.

I'd love to have a strong sense of self but I don't. I'd love to have a better sense of what I want of life and follow my own heart but I don't. Not having a strong sense of self breeds self-doubt and discontent and all sorts of other problems, but let me not digress. Sometimes the fogginess of Neptune gets so bad that I am angry because I don't know who I am. And then when the fog lifts, I am angry because of all the time I waste in pursuit of other's interests, instead of my own. I become disillusioned with life a lot. Neptune/Sun aspects make it difficult to know your self.

The remedy for people who find this troubling is acceptance and finding something bigger than yourself to live for. People with a strong Neptune in their charts can more easily merge with the divine. Because of the lack of ego and lack of boundaries. People have many ideas of what 'the divine' means but I think it simply includes all people.

Clear as mud?
__________________
Blessings

Last edited by Flowergirl; 06-06-2011 at 06:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 06-08-2011, 01:23 AM
LovelyMissAries's Avatar
LovelyMissAries LovelyMissAries is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: US
Posts: 1,500
Re: Sun Square Neptune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowergirl View Post
I find this aspect as a difficulty to grasp a sense of self. Neptune is quite prominent in my chart and I don't have a good sense of boundary between me and others. It's always sort of blended. I take on other people's identity, pursuits or tastes on very easily without me realising doing it.
Oh, I can do that too! I slip into it unconsciously but realize it soon enough. I wonder if it's easier for people with Sun square Neptune to become actors? I also have a difficult time with a sense of self. It's like defining it is within my reach and yet there's no stability to it, no firmness - I find that more frustrating than anything.


Quote:
The remedy for people who find this troubling is acceptance and finding something bigger than yourself to live for. People with a strong Neptune in their charts can more easily merge with the divine. Because of the lack of ego and lack of boundaries. People have many ideas of what 'the divine' means but I think it simply includes all people.

Clear as mud?

I'm not sure how strong my Neptune contacts are. Well - I know I have three squares with some personal planets, and then there's at least one trine with my moon. I guess I'm just confused as to how to conquer and develop squares. If it's something lifelong then how will we know when we've developed and accomplished the square's mission?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 06-08-2011, 03:10 AM
Flowergirl's Avatar
Flowergirl Flowergirl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 604
Re: Sun Square Neptune

Hi LMA, yes, I think Sun square Neptune people will make excellent actors. It sounds like your Neptune is strong.

I find that Neptune clouds my perception too easily. It is difficult when you don't see things clearly and make judgement errors or when you say things that makes people think you're a nut. And yes sometimes I think I am a nut too. But then there are also the times when (by some magic) my perception is perfectly clear and my mind is like a still pond than can perceive even the smallest insect on the surface, and I think to myself, this is wonderful, beautiful. And I can see and appreciate the beauty of life, and how we are all part of some living beautiful being and the things we think are important in life, just falls away as if they never mattered.

I've read a lot of bad things about this aspect and I can't disagree with them. The negative side of Neptune is a nightmare and coupled with the sun can bring years of wandering in darkness. I don't have any concrete solutions to this square for you. But there are a few short moments in life when you are able to have a splendid vision of bliss and that makes the rest of life worth living somehow.
__________________
Blessings
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 06-09-2011, 12:18 PM
lazarusx lazarusx is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 357
Re: Sun Square Neptune

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyMissAries View Post
Oh, I can do that too! I slip into it unconsciously but realize it soon enough. I wonder if it's easier for people with Sun square Neptune to become actors? I also have a difficult time with a sense of self. It's like defining it is within my reach and yet there's no stability to it, no firmness - I find that more frustrating than anything.
Although mine is an opposition rather then a sqaure, i can understand exactly what you mean by been unable to establish a sense of self, i wouldn't be surprised if this aspect was a major contributor in my pursuit of spirituality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowergirl View Post
And I can see and appreciate the beauty of life, and how we are all part of some living beautiful being and the things we think are important in life, just falls away as if they never mattered
.
I believe this is the upside of this aspect, through the struggle of attempting to defines one's self (sun) through the cloudy illusions (neptune).. eventually realizing that none of it was us to begin with, none of it was important.. and everything just falls away.. allowing us to simply be.
__________________
"He who binds to himself a joy
Doth the winged life destroy;
But he who kisses the joy as it flies
Lives in eternity's sun rise."
- William Blake.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 06-09-2011, 11:41 PM
LovelyMissAries's Avatar
LovelyMissAries LovelyMissAries is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: US
Posts: 1,500
Re: Sun Square Neptune

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarusx View Post
Although mine is an opposition rather then a sqaure, i can understand exactly what you mean by been unable to establish a sense of self, i wouldn't be surprised if this aspect was a major contributor in my pursuit of spirituality.
Since yours is an opposition, how are the effects different? And yes, it's true! I intuitively know my own moral standards, code of ethics, beliefs etc. but verbalizing them is hard unless there's someone there with the same ideas, as well as deciding which belief I'm stronger in (if that makes sense). I too am fascinated with religion and spirituality!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 06-09-2011, 11:49 PM
LovelyMissAries's Avatar
LovelyMissAries LovelyMissAries is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: US
Posts: 1,500
Re: Sun Square Neptune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowergirl View Post
Hi LMA, yes, I think Sun square Neptune people will make excellent actors. It sounds like your Neptune is strong.
It is but with lots of squares... on the personal planets nonetheless! I'm sitting here thinking "Ugh, the HELL am I going to do with that?" People always talk about liking squares because that's where growth happens but I'm stumped on how to grow from a foggy Neptune square since it seems all encompassing.

Quote:
I find that Neptune clouds my perception too easily. It is difficult when you don't see things clearly and make judgement errors or when you say things that makes people think you're a nut.
I know what you mean! I wonder if Neptune's sensitivity was punctured when I was little and my mom would scold me about making mistakes and not having good judgment. Even now I don't trust my own judgment and second-guess myself and it's lead to feeling like I'm dumbed than everyone else (though I'm noticing more and more I'm not.)

Quote:
And yes sometimes I think I am a nut too. But then there are also the times when (by some magic) my perception is perfectly clear and my mind is like a still pond than can perceive even the smallest insect on the surface, and I think to myself, this is wonderful, beautiful.
I know what you mean. It's like finally you hear your own voice and consciousness without having to sit and think on it.

Quote:
I've read a lot of bad things about this aspect and I can't disagree with them. The negative side of Neptune is a nightmare and coupled with the sun can bring years of wandering in darkness. I don't have any concrete solutions to this square for you. But there are a few short moments in life when you are able to have a splendid vision of bliss and that makes the rest of life worth living somehow.
I've had bouts of deep depression but I always get back up and I don't believe Neptune has been a serious aggravation to my quality of life overall, it's just bothersome. Like a gnat you can't catch but keeps flying in front of your face. However, when I do have those moments of clarity it does make me think I can achieve anything. If you don't mind, would you post your chart so I can compare Neptune aspects?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 06-10-2011, 02:08 AM
Flowergirl's Avatar
Flowergirl Flowergirl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 604
Re: Sun Square Neptune

I've sent you a pm
__________________
Blessings
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 06-10-2011, 10:19 AM
astrologer50's Avatar
astrologer50 astrologer50 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 13,695
Re: Sun Square Neptune

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyMissAries View Post
I'm being repetitive starting another thread on this, but I wasn't able to find the other recent one (that I know is here somewhere!) to add my question.

I have this placement and the majority of interpretations indicate someone with a foggy sense of self, escapist tendencies, yada-yada (gawl, why do squares get such a bad rap? If anything I'm annoyed by trines because they're not as apparent, but I digress...) however when I ordered this report from a youth-friendly astrology site it gave me this interpretation:
You find love difficult to grab onto, do you not? There have been lovers you managed to wrap around your little finger, blessed as you are with a magnetism and the spooky capacity to see directly into their hearts. But this is not ultimately satisfying. You see them but they don't see you.
What's always stuck with me is the "..spooky capacity to see directly into their hearts..." part. Has anyone with Sun Square Neptune been able to do that? What does that mean exactly, that Sun sq. Neptune are able to read people well?
This is a combination of your aries stellium and well aspected moon, in my opinion

It's not appropriate to look into just this one aspect as your neptune IS conjuct saturn. So therefore, the saturn square sun will be strongly active in your chart.

Basic astrology
Now basically your sun sign is your 'core beliefs, values, ego' and Asc is your physical body, mode of expression and mask and persona that we all wear and hide behind, but definitely not what's going on underneath. What's going on underneath is your Sun sign. Moon sign, house placements and aspects describe your emotional and intuitive responses, also describes your view of your mother, as saturn describes your father by sign and house position.

So, think of a glass milk bottle the bottle is your Asc and your sun the milk, but the milk still has to 'come out' through the glass neck of the milk bottle....

Now aspects within a natal chart represent 'facets' of our personality, because we are all multifaceted beings. What these do is 'break down and compartmentalise' these facets into smaller bite size chunks. This does take quite a lot of self analysis and objectivity to 'see yourself' and why you do certain things and behave in certain ways. Actually it can be quite good therapy...

Remember back to your school days an opposition is 180', square 90', trine 120', and sextile 60' Now challenged aspects are conj (depending on the planets, cos some like each other and some really don't) squares and oppositions. Easy aspects are conj (if the planets get along) eg: Jupiter conj Moon, sextile and trine. Quincunx is inbetween (depending on the planets) causes health strains and unresolved or hard to balance planets/energies.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 06-12-2011, 04:00 AM
LovelyMissAries's Avatar
LovelyMissAries LovelyMissAries is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: US
Posts: 1,500
Re: Sun Square Neptune

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrologer50 View Post
This is a combination of your aries stellium and well aspected moon, in my opinion

It's not appropriate to look into just this one aspect as your neptune IS conjuct saturn. So therefore, the saturn square sun will be strongly active in your chart.
Ha, I'm not at the point yet where I'm able to overlap aspects. I will be, just not yet! Also, an Aries stellium would aid in seeing into 'people's hearts' as they so put it? I thought Aries were very basic because they were the first of the zodiac, the newborn. You mean... I really DO have some kind of ability and am not just at the hands of everyone else because I'm Aries?!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 06-13-2011, 08:41 AM
astrologer50's Avatar
astrologer50 astrologer50 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 13,695
Re: Sun Square Neptune

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyMissAries View Post
Ha, I'm not at the point yet where I'm able to overlap aspects. I will be, just not yet! Also, an Aries stellium would aid in seeing into 'people's hearts' as they so put it? I thought Aries were very basic because they were the first of the zodiac, the newborn. You mean... I really DO have some kind of ability and am not just at the hands of everyone else because I'm Aries?!
Yes, but it's more likely to be your moon *trine* neptune

Do you get depressed easily? I'm looking at Saturn conj Neptune
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 06-13-2011, 01:21 PM
LovelyMissAries's Avatar
LovelyMissAries LovelyMissAries is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: US
Posts: 1,500
Re: Sun Square Neptune

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrologer50 View Post
Yes, but it's more likely to be your moon *trine* neptune
Gotta love that trine!

Quote:
Do you get depressed easily? I'm looking at Saturn conj Neptune
Yes but I've taught myself to ignore it when that happens. I never quite understood the Saturn conj. Neptune but I can tell you nearly everyone I've ever been attracted to (on both a platonic and romantic scale) has had that aspect! I was told it was a karmic aspect meant to change my view on things, but I guess there's more to it?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 06-13-2011, 02:12 PM
Arian Maverick's Avatar
Arian Maverick Arian Maverick is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,089
Re: Sun Square Neptune

Quote:
I never quite understood the Saturn conj. Neptune
This is the best article I've encountered about the dynamics of Saturn in Neptune in any aspect. It really helped me better understand the seemingly conflicting impulses of these planets when forced into cohabitation, as it were: The Desert of the Real: The Saturn-Neptune Gestalt by Bill Streett 12/12/04

Quote:
but I can tell you nearly everyone I've ever been attracted to (on both a platonic and romantic scale) has had that aspect!
Keep in mind that Saturn and Neptune are two slower-moving planets, so this conjunction occurred several times over the span of a year or more. If you've dated within your age group, it's not surprising you've come across many people with this aspect.

With that said, I had a counselor many years ago who had an exact Saturn-Neptune conjunction in Libra, so I know we often attract people into our lives with similar astrological signatures.

Quote:
I was told it was a karmic aspect meant to change my view on things, but I guess there's more to it?
Well, if the conjunction itself isn't karmic, all of the squares to the personal planets certainly are! (I was born two days earlier and essentially have the same chart, minus the nice trines to the Moon.)

Arian Maverick

Last edited by Arian Maverick; 06-13-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 07-20-2011, 03:24 PM
astrologer50's Avatar
astrologer50 astrologer50 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 13,695
Re: Sun Square Neptune

I have sun and moon opp neptune, I think it's more easily seen in teenage years, where it can cause (sun square Neptune) identity crisis, of 'who am I' but this aspect also relates back to father and perhaps 'not bonding' as much as you would like perhaps.

I thought I could have been adopted as I never quite got a straight answer to anything ie: see your mother, or go ask your father. having a stellium in taurus, who needed lots of cuddles and affection, could never quite understand why my parents were not more 'loving'

so there is an air of mystery, illusions and confusions, espec in early childhoood, surrounding dad/sun and mother/moon aspects. I do also think the oppositions are easier to deal with, but it also also add pschic sensitivities. The antidote to neptune which I've found works really well is *music* I can remember my old astrology teacher telling me this and it really helps (espec when upset) to lose yourself for a while in music as it seems to soothe the soul and emotions.

Hope this helps
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 07-20-2011, 11:02 PM
Ruka_5 Ruka_5 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 386
Re: Sun Square Neptune

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyMissAries View Post
I'm being repetitive starting another thread on this, but I wasn't able to find the other recent one (that I know is here somewhere!) to add my question.

I have this placement and the majority of interpretations indicate someone with a foggy sense of self, escapist tendencies, yada-yada (gawl, why do squares get such a bad rap? If anything I'm annoyed by trines because they're not as apparent, but I digress...) however when I ordered this report from a youth-friendly astrology site it gave me this interpretation:
You find love difficult to grab onto, do you not? There have been lovers you managed to wrap around your little finger, blessed as you are with a magnetism and the spooky capacity to see directly into their hearts. But this is not ultimately satisfying. You see them but they don't see you.
What's always stuck with me is the "..spooky capacity to see directly into their hearts..." part. Has anyone with Sun Square Neptune been able to do that? What does that mean exactly, that Sun sq. Neptune are able to read people well?

I think they mentioned that because Neptune is a planet linked to psychic ability. So yeah I'd expect that some people with it in aspect to their sun might be pretty good at that, although the easier aspects might be more so.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 07-21-2011, 05:10 AM
Piscean Pixie's Avatar
Piscean Pixie Piscean Pixie is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 51
Re: Sun Square Neptune

Hi I have Pisces Sun square neptune I have always been into metaphysical topics and can do psychic readings, healings and other forms of divination. I do have a good imagination and I'm really good at visualisation... so far they are the only things I can really identify with, would love to know some more about this aspect. Also because my sun is in pisces (Neptune) squared with Neptune, Is that meant to make this aspect even worse??
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 07-21-2011, 07:45 AM
astrologer50's Avatar
astrologer50 astrologer50 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 13,695
Re: Sun Square Neptune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscean Pixie View Post
Hi I have Pisces Sun square neptune I have always been into metaphysical topics and can do psychic readings, healings and other forms of divination. I do have a good imagination and I'm really good at visualisation... so far they are the only things I can really identify with, would love to know some more about this aspect. Also because my sun is in pisces (Neptune) squared with Neptune, Is that meant to make this aspect even worse??
possibly, remember planets are modified by signs, where they express are houses and how they express are *aspects* It would be helpful to what houses this square is in and what other aspects your sun has. You should also be aware that all aspects are facets of your personality as we are all mutli faceted human beings and don't necessarily express, just simply one aspect at any given time...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 03-15-2017, 12:01 AM
folelser folelser is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 63
Re: Sun Square Neptune

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyMissAries View Post
I'm being repetitive starting another thread on this, but I wasn't able to find the other recent one (that I know is here somewhere!) to add my question.

I have this placement and the majority of interpretations indicate someone with a foggy sense of self, escapist tendencies, yada-yada (gawl, why do squares get such a bad rap? If anything I'm annoyed by trines because they're not as apparent, but I digress...) however when I ordered this report from a youth-friendly astrology site it gave me this interpretation:
You find love difficult to grab onto, do you not? There have been lovers you managed to wrap around your little finger, blessed as you are with a magnetism and the spooky capacity to see directly into their hearts. But this is not ultimately satisfying. You see them but they don't see you.
What's always stuck with me is the "..spooky capacity to see directly into their hearts..." part. Has anyone with Sun Square Neptune been able to do that? What does that mean exactly, that Sun sq. Neptune are able to read people well?



Hello this is quite old,
however I can relate a little bit.
It happens to me that sometimes talking to someone, even though they are really messing up with their words, or they could be easily misunderstood I can "feel" their real intention, I mean the real nature of their words wich could be that they feel hurt, insecure...I Sympathy with them and i can comfort them easily.


Howver when it happens to me that for example, I say something that could sound a bit not too nice or whaetver, but what I am really trying is to show to the other person that I got hurt , or that I need a bit more of affection then no one understand me, no one catch me. Many unpleasant misunderstandings happen.
I learnt to stop doing it

Last edited by folelser; 03-15-2017 at 12:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to folelser For This Useful Post:
LovelyMissAries (03-15-2017)
Reply

Tags
neptune, square

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is Neptune a Malefic? The_Sundance_Kid Natal Astrology 194 04-29-2011 11:52 PM
Uranus square Sun and Neptune midnight sun Transits 2 02-14-2011 09:17 AM
The Planets lillyjgc Education Board 36 04-11-2009 08:01 AM
My concerns about the world salvation - Neptune in aquarius Squapius Chat 3 02-15-2009 10:33 PM
Free Romantic Readings. Eatsbooks123 Relational Astrology 104 01-18-2008 12:59 PM



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.