Scorpio vs. Cancer w/ issues -will it work out?

Horus

I don't see this in her natal.

That's because it's not there --I was looking at a readout with the wrong birthtime! :eek: Thanks for catching that!

I don't see any obvious signs of abuse from childhood,

I recall reading that possibility in a couple of aspects... as I recall, the Moon Opposition Neptune can indicate painful childhood experiences, and her trying to escape from painful feelings about them.

What I do see as main problem albeit wide orb is your Uranus is square her venus.
Electric attraction characterizes this pairing. However, both will have to deal with an inability to truly count on one another over time. The Uranus person may resent any hint that the Venus person wants more of a commitment from, or structure in, the relationship.

I'm the Uranus person, but I definitely want commitment and structure, a long-term, stable, partnership and marriage.

Counting on each other and stability is supported mainly by my Moon trine her Saturn, with some degree of further assistance by my Midheaven trine her Moon, my Saturn conjunct her Jupiter (1°), and possibly my Neptune trine her Saturn for creative teamwork. I've read everywhere that long-term relationships require good Saturnine aspects. Then again, I've also got a couple of rather difficult Saturnine squares with this lady too... :eek:

Last edited:

kbell

I once dated a girl who had the Moon in Gemini. She was the most honest person I've ever met. She really liked talking about her feelings.

I'm a gemini moon and I do, as well. I love to talk about how I'm feeling, but I don't always like feeling what I'm feeling. I want to be honest about them, but I can also hide things sometimes. I don't know, I feel like an open book at times and people tell me my feelings are written all over my face. Just wanted to add, though, I don't talk about my feelings to everyone. I usually wait a bit until I really know someone.

Last edited:

Horus

Then you have a Sagitarius Moon, and she a Gemini Moon. Again there's probably a bit of light hearted expression of feelings. Both signs like a bit of freedom and not to feel too committed or held back.

Both signs are dichotomous and paradoxical which is probably why they are in opposition. Are the differences irreconcilable? Or is this the "Chalk and the Cheese"?

But when you really need each other to empathise, you just don't get each other at the feelings level, yet you're both water sun signs. Her Gemini moon will struggle to understand your Scorpio Sun, your Sag moon will struggle with her Cancer Sun. And again where the water elements need that closeness, the moonsigns want some separation.

More paradoxical insanity! At least they aren't square! I definitely want closeness (Venus in Scorpio) and Scorpios need commitment, loyalty, fidelity which Cancers usually provide. Maybe not in this case... I was hoping that the Sun trine Venus and Sun trine Mercury would help us out here, but maybe such aspects aren't strong enough...:unsure: There are so many aspects that indicate rapport, mutual undertanding between us, and so many that indicate the opposite -quite confusing, and I guess it mirrors this crazy situation i'm in!

Add to that her Mercury is conjunct the Moon in Gemini, so she thinks just like she feels. Quickly and superficially. Something that might impress a Scorpio at first, but ultimately may be a source of great frustration at the lack of depth.

Despite her Sun and Venus in Cancer? Or maybe it's a split-personality disorder -- vacillating constantly from being deep to shallow, loving and indifferent.

I think I'd be OK w/ a Gemini Sun lady so long as she had a Scorpio Moon, but I don't get to pick, do I? :annoyed:

If it's to work, you need to use astrology to understand where the difficulties and differences are; so you can avoid getting frustrated or feeling like you're play games.

Indeed, and I am trying! Thanks for your feedback, Inside Out Orange.

Last edited:
I recall reading that possibility in a couple of aspects... as I recall, the Moon Opposition Neptune can indicate painful childhood experiences, and her trying to escape from painful feelings about them.

Excuse me, I have this moon opp neptune and haven't had painful childhood experiences. Emotional disillusionment, confusion surrounding mother, or not understanding mother (chalk and cheese perhaps) I always said I'm my father's daughter first and mother's last. I have an applying opp to neptune and separating aspect from sun opp neptune and both 'lights' are squared by Uranus (7th) to 4th stellium in taurus.

You could have the best synastry in the world, but unless you have good communications, are honest with each other about your needs, wishes and desires and 'both' of you want the same things...........then nothing will happen. It cannot make anyone change, or love you more. Some challenging squares, oppositions in synastry can be healthy, and may require one or both of you to grow in some way. Astrological natal charts cannot explain environmental factors, financial handicaps/ restraints and what position you hold in society, neither can it tell you if you are of ‘Royalty’ or beggar.

I am of the belief that people come in and out of our lives for a reason, either we have to teach them something or we have to learn something from them. There is Always an exchange, good or bad.

Good luck with your journey

Horus

Excuse me, I have this moon opp neptune and haven't had painful childhood experiences.

We're talking about her, and and what I was referring to was author Lynn Birbeck's interpretation of that aspect. After reading a few others online, and considering my background in uncovering people's issues/emotional wounds which invariably stem from childhood, I can see why he points to "painful childhood experiences" (which may or may not include abuse, but more often than not, do) as a potential cause related to the Neptune Opp. Moon aspect.

Thanks for your input.

We're talking about her, and and what I was referring to was author Lynn Birbeck's interpretation of that aspect. After reading a few others online, and considering my background in uncovering people's issues/emotional wounds which invariably stem from childhood, I can see why he points to "painful childhood experiences" (which may or may not include abuse, but more often than not, do) as a potential cause related to the Neptune Opp. Moon aspect.

Thanks for your input.

I have not heard of this lady, below is from the book ‘Aspects and Personality’ by Karen Hamaker-Zondag

Oversensitive Naturally, we lose confidence instead of gaining it. Several unfortunate things may occur. For ­example, a longing for reassurance may make us too ­­self sacrificing. Or we may misinterpret other people’s feelings ‑ a common ­occurrence with these hard aspects ‑ and fail to respond ­appropriately. Often we invite disillusionment, due perhaps to some infatuation, simply because we imagine everything to be more beautiful than it is, as if it were part of a storybook world. Or, by taking things the wrong way, we may sometimes appear to be deliberately manipulative and full of intrigue.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrological-aspects/moon-opposition-neptune.php
http://cafeastrology.com/natal/moonneptuneaspects.html

Considering this lady has Pluto square sun and venus, this aspect is the least of your problems.

Horus

I have not heard of this lady,

Sorry astrologer50, I wrote the name incorrectly...his name is Lyn Birkbeck and he's written eight or nine books on astrology:

http://www.lynbirkbeck.com/

I was referred to his work by a good friend of mine, an astrologer for thirty years in Manchester, England.

Considering this lady has Pluto square sun and venus, this aspect is the least of your problems.

(((sigh))) Yeah...no joke!

Coupled with the Moon Opp. Neptune is Mercury Opp. Neptune. Birkbeck wrote:

"The negative dimensions of these situations and others tempt you to rationalize them away rather than see the truth of the matter. You swing between think the best of someone one moment, and as a waste of your time the next. in turn, you imagine that you are well thought of, or unjustly slighted.Indeed you are having and trying to tell the false from the true...

As a child you probably had a bold line in tall stories, and you are still inclined to bend the truth somewhat if you feel in a tight spot or if you are just bored with reality."

This is particluarly disturbing as it relates to the Mercury and Moon in Gemini, and adding this together with the power/manipulation/domination schemes of the Pluto squares, and which is also the theme of our squares and oppositions in synastry, and reflected in Tarot, and signs of all of it showing up in the bedrock reality, -yikes! :eek: Did I really "order" this? I want a refund! :wink:

Sorry astrologer50, I wrote the name incorrectly...his name is Lyn Birkbeck and he's written eight or nine books on astrology:

http://www.lynbirkbeck.com/

I was referred to his work by a good friend of mine, an astrologer for thirty years in Manchester, England.

(((sigh))) Yeah...no joke!

Coupled with the Moon Opp. Neptune is Mercury Opp. Neptune. Birkbeck wrote:

"The negative dimensions of these situations and others tempt you to rationalize them away rather than see the truth of the matter. You swing between think the best of someone one moment, and as a waste of your time the next. in turn, you imagine that you are well thought of, or unjustly slighted.Indeed you are having and trying to tell the false from the true...

As a child you probably had a bold line in tall stories, and you are still inclined to bend the truth somewhat if you feel in a tight spot or if you are just bored with reality."

This is particluarly disturbing as it relates to the Mercury and Moon in Gemini, and adding this together with the power/manipulation/domination schemes of the Pluto squares, and which is also the theme of our squares and oppositions in synastry, and reflected in Tarot, and signs of all of it showing up in the bedrock reality, -yikes! :eek: Did I really "order" this? I want a refund! :wink:

Most popular books on astrology tend to describe aspects espec the hard ones together as in square and opposition, which I think is wrong. The opposition aspects is much easier and far less troublesome than the square. The squares cause internal tension, and oppositions seem easier to integrate and learn the balancing act of the two planetary energies.

We are all complex human beings and multi faceted at that, but when attempting synastry squares and opps can be healthy because of the tension it can cause, thereby learning/growing. Whereas some of the easy trines and sextiles can be troublesome.

Quote by Freedomlover in post here on AW
In reality, no chart is definitely "good" or definitely "bad". As you pointed out, there is really no way of knowing how the energies will manifest. Some charts show a greater possibility for the energies to manifest well. But the same lovely trine that implies comfortable, loving energy can manifest as a feeder line that goes along with the other's abusive behaviour without questioning it. The same lovely sextile that implies harmony together can manifest as the two individuals will make the same bad choices.

There is a higher and a lower energy available in all the aspects. It all depends on free will and each individual's personal state of spiritual growth. In synastry there should be a varied degree of so called 'good and bad' aspects, but in reality I would use the terms, 'easy empathy, and challenging' cos without constant effort, respect, understanding and love and a willingness on both sides to 'work at matters' then no amount of good synastry will explain if a relationship will be successful or not...

Horus

Now Aquarius is a very private sign, along with scorpio but talkative, knows lots of people and firstly needs friendship, mental companionship before physical things....

Apparently so. She just wants to be friends now, and told me that she's emotionally-unavailable for a committed, romantic relationship due to damages sustained during her marriage and a nasty, recent divorce last May. Amorous contact between us made her realize her limitations and wounds. I understand, emphathize, and have experience catching women on the rebound from divorce or breakups: two different Virgo ladies in fact, who were both born on the same day in the same town -that was surreal!

I doubt I can sustain a Platonic frienship with this Cancer, and I certainly dread repressing or suppressing romantic/sexual feelings and behavior. I'm also extemely uncomfortable with the idea of her dating other men, if she chooses to. So it would appear to be over...unless out paths cross in the future when she's ready and if I'm single and uninvolved with someone else. I shouldn't hold out for that, and it's with a heavy heart that I am challenged to let go, and move on.

Thank you.

kaminari

Apparently so. She just wants to be friends now

I think she'll be back. They all come back. At least the ones I've been intimately involved with. They sense my all-encompassing love, kind of are afraid of it. But they come back. In time. It's all just time man. The synastry could be great, you're helping them unfold part of their life, they yours. But they'll come back if they respect you, miss the kind of loving you gave them. You know what I think? Love happens when I'm not with her. They always come back. But usually by then I've already moved on. "The Notebook" tells a good story of heartbreak of a girl leaving & eventually falling for another guy. But guess what? She comes back.

You know that saying, let love go & if it's real it will come back to you. In the meanwhile, celebrate life as a single guy, cause if you get married you can't do the same things that you are allowed to do now.:w00t:

Horus

You know that saying, let love go & if it's real it will come back to you. In the meanwhile, celebrate life as a single guy, cause if you get married you can't do the same things that you are allowed to do now.:w00t:

Thanks, Brother! My non-committal and freedom-loving Sagg. nature likes that.

I do think she'll be back, but I don't know if it's this lifetime. The karma may still be there even though I did apologize (and forgive) for past harms. Meanwhile I am looking at my own personal karma w/ Saturn in Taurus in my 5th house opposing Venus and trying to figure out how to heal/transform it. I think a new thread on this is in order.

kaminari

I have the same opposition. Let me tell you, never ever ever ever say you're sorry to a woman. It's in your heart, yeah, & that's where it should stay.

Give love unconditionally. It comes back 10-fold.

Horus

I have the same opposition. Let me tell you, never ever ever ever say you're sorry to a woman. It's in your heart, yeah, & that's where it should stay.

If I make a mistake, and this mistake causes harm, then an apology is in order, and that's the responsible thing to do in romance or in any other situation in life.

Give love unconditionally. It comes back 10-fold.

Words of wisdom. :happy:

Horus

I think she'll be back. They all come back. At least the ones I've been intimately involved with. They sense my all-encompassing love, kind of are afraid of it. But they come back. In time. It's all just time man. The synastry could be great, you're helping them unfold part of their life, they yours. But they'll come back if they respect you, miss the kind of loving you gave them.

You were right my friend -she came back, though I initiated it by simply wishing her happy birthday in a short email. Then she wanted to call and see me, but the picture isn't any clearer and I have serious doubts that this is going anywhere. I can't detect any trace of her Cancer Sun and Venus in there at all! Where are my sweet trines? "Hello? Anyone emotional,caring, and loving home at all?" All I'm getting is the ice queen Aquarius Rising and her Gemini Mercury stuff. My Sag. front can joke with her but that only goes so far. :annoyed:

Then she tells me that some guy broke all of her dishes and punched her in the mouth and that she had to get a protection order against him! If that had happened while I was with her I'd have gone nuclear Scorpio on his ***! This is her Venus sq. Pluto -lovelife cratered with crises. And I don't need to be making karma this life when I'm here to clear it, but is she a whirlwind attracting trouble? And that Gemini Moon conjunct Mercury opp. Neptune making snap judgements and distortions....

Intuitively, I don't have any bad pictures of her in my mind though.... :unsure: