Neptune & musical ability

GreenMist

Banned
I understand that neptune exercises the greatest influence over music. That a persons interest or ability in music can be indicated by the position of neptune in their chart.

For example a strong aspect between the moon and neptune is a good indicator

any thoughts?:innocent:

Frank

While Neptune might add a different dimension of music creativity, in my opinion music itself is a Venus function.

Arian Maverick

I believe a forum member on another thread--I forget which, but perhaps it was lilly--mentioned she had observed musical talent amongst those with natal Mercury-Venus conjunction.

You may wish to utilize the search feature to find similar threads; I believe this topic has been discussed.

Arian Maverick

R4VEN

Depends upon what you mean by `musical ability'.
Music is basically mathematical at its core, so someone who can write music - i.e. using notation - or analyse it, or write about it, will probably have a Venus-Mercury thing happening, or maybe Saturn could even be involved.

But for someone who has a lovely voice, or who just picks up a musical instrument and can instantly play it, then perhaps you're looking at venus-Neptune.

In my family-of-origin all my siblings were taken to a piano teacher for lessons. Of the 4 of us, only 2 of us continued with it because we appeared to have `talent'. We both have Mars-Neptune in close conjunction - he in Virgo in 12th, and me in Libra in 9th. That could just be coincidence, too. Both of us were also academic, whilst the other 2 were not. Perhaps it means nothing at all!
And FWIW, this particular sibling and I both became Maths teachers! Whenever I taught Maths, I found it useful to use music.

Last edited:
I believe a forum member on another thread--I forget which, but perhaps it was lilly--mentioned she had observed musical talent amongst those with natal Mercury-Venus conjunction.

You may wish to utilize the search feature to find similar threads; I believe this topic has been discussed.

Arian Maverick

Same as i thought about?

Maybe this?

/JJ

starlink

Depends upon what you mean by `musical ability'.
Music is basically mathematical at its core, so someone who can write music - i.e. using notation - or analyse it, or write about it, will probably have a Venus-Mercury thing happening, or maybe Saturn could even be involved.

Yes R4ven, very right indeed. I was musing over this last night in bed and also wanted to come back to this thread.
We also have to differentiate between "being a musical person" or "the ability to create music". This can be found in the 5th house.

Anything connected with Mercury shows agile hands and maybe piano playing would be an outlet. So a Mercury-Venus or Mercury-Moon would be a possibility but can just as well show a handy man or a very good dancer (just being musical but not making music)

Anything connected with Uranus shows technical ability and probably goes more into electronic music, and we could see Moon-Uranus or Venus-Uranus, but could also be an excellent electrician or even surgeon.

Anything connected with Saturn could show creating, establishing a piece of music or being a conductor but can also show an architect.

With Pluto-Venus, we often see sculptoring as hobby.

These aspects should all be seen in the light of talent. If no artistic talent is shown in the chart (like ruler of the 5th in the 1st), then these aspects will have more to do with any other personal expression, like photograpy (Mercury in Virgo), airobics (Mercury in Aries). or how we rear our children.

Last edited: