Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

Unread 01-23-2009, 10:06 AM

Arabic Parts Calculations

Hi everyone,

Im having trouble in working out the 2 things re: Arabic Parts calculation.

1. Im not sure if I should use the ancient rulers or the modern rulers when calculating arabic parts???

2. As I live in Aus, I was also wondering if I should use the AM or PM version of the calculation. I was born in the morning in Aus, although when I convert my chart to Univ or Sid it is a nightime time???

Thanks any help would be appreciated.

Kez

Unread 01-23-2009, 05:59 PM

Re: Arabic Parts Calculations

1) Use the ancient. They have been tested for hundreds (if not thousands) of years, where as modern rulers have only been in use for the past hundred or so years, with very little expeirence behind them.

2) Use the time that you were born, dont convert it to universal time or any other time except the zone and time you were actually born in and on.
Astrology Books, Treatise, Readings & more!
Unread 01-23-2009, 10:27 PM

thanks astro.teacher .
Unread 01-29-2009, 03:25 AM

I've been working with Arabic Parts. At first I had some confusion regarding the whole am/pm thing. Some of the calculations are different depending upon an am or pm birth time.

At first I was thinking in terms of our modern concept of am/pm, but something didn't seem right. Turns out, after some research, that the proper way is to look at the chart and consider am to be when the sun is over the horizon line, and pm to be when the sun is below the horizon line.

For example, my friend whose lots I was doing was born at 6pm on August 4. Since his was a summer birth, even though the time is pm, the sun was still above the horizon line. I had to consider his 6pm birth a "daytime" birth.
Unread 01-29-2009, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by estrella
I've been working with Arabic Parts. At first I had some confusion regarding the whole am/pm thing. Some of the calculations are different depending upon an am or pm birth time.

At first I was thinking in terms of our modern concept of am/pm, but something didn't seem right. Turns out, after some research, that the proper way is to look at the chart and consider am to be when the sun is over the horizon line, and pm to be when the sun is below the horizon line.

For example, my friend whose lots I was doing was born at 6pm on August 4. Since his was a summer birth, even though the time is pm, the sun was still above the horizon line. I had to consider his 6pm birth a "daytime" birth.
Oh god this has confused me! Now I was born 3 March 10.10am in Australia, The first month of our Autumn. Does that make me a AM or PM?
Unread 01-29-2009, 03:57 AM

look at your chart. if the sun is above the horizon line (line that goes from 1st house cusp to the other side of the chart) it is considered am. if the sun is below the horizon it is considered pm. very easy.
Unread 01-29-2009, 04:07 AM

lol ok much easier.
Unread 03-01-2010, 04:50 AM

Send a message via MSN to tanamarios Send a message via Yahoo to tanamarios

i prefer to use the traditional method for POF. It puts me at 9 deg 39 min in Cancer in the tenth house.

Natal Chart:
http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/...60865_2861.gif

solar return 2012-2013:
http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/...n2012-2013.gif

Tags
arabic, calculations, parts