Declinations

pwadm

Staff member
I just put up a new tool on declinations - allowing to integrate declinations into regular chart interpretations.
Here it is: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/declination/

I would like to ask for feedback on this technique. I didn't get to use it much, but in the few cases I tried seem to bring an unusual insight.

pwadm

Staff member
First you need a program that computes planets' positions in declination. I will put up probably today an online tool that will calculate it. But all programs offer this function.

I just tried it for the chart of Israel and I found that the Moon of Israel is out of bounds at 24n08. Using the online tool, it gives:
Declination out of bounds!
Declination: 24N8
Codeclination: 22N45

Equivalent longitudes: 16Gem41 and 13Can18
So, we learn that 24n08 is out of bounds, because it's greater than 23n27, the ecliptic limit. Therefore there's a mirroring on the other side of this threshold, at 22n45 (codeclination).
And there're equivalent longitudes for the given codeclination. (actually they represent the Sun's longitude when at 22n45 by declination).

We have two hotspots for the Moon in the Israel chart at 16Gem41 and 13Can18, like two places of hiden influence (similar to antiscia). And we notice that one of these hotspots is actually conjunct with the US Sun at 13Can19 (Sibly chart). This is an extraordinary find, explaining the tight connection between Israel and the US, why Israel is so intimately supported by the US.

Similarly, there might be connections within a natal chart, in synastry between real people or events (as shown above) and there're surely many other ways to use it.

Futurist

Radu and all,

I thought you might like to read this information I found on planets which are out of bounds:

There must, of course, be a difference in the behavior of the planets that are called "Out-of-Bounds" (oob), for they are definitely outside of the rules as Kt Boehrer researched and found. First, they have the ability to exceed the potential promised in the natal chart. That is the most positive way to look at oob. The negative manifestation brings out behavior that is completely outside the accepted standards of behavior for society. For other definitions, check out the following phrases:

1. Unstable
2. Behavior out-of-bounds
3. Able to get away with more concerning the activity of the planet
4. Acts in a Uranus kind of way
5. Creative
6. Volatile

Be sure, when you use the above phrases and key words, especially number 3, that you look at the house and sign the planet is in, the house or houses that the planet rules, and the condition of that planet in regard to longitudinal and declination aspects made to it. Use the usual planetary key words, but exaggerate them so that their activity is oob.

The signs where the planets can out go out-of-bounds the most often are Gemini, Cancer, Sagittarius and Capricorn. This is because they are the signs at the extremes of declination. We use to think these were the only signs planets went oob, with the exception of Pluto that reaches in to Leo and Aquarius until Leigh Westin's research showed that Venus periodically goes oob in Taurus and Scorpio and Mars in Leo and Aquarius. All planets don't go oob when they transit these signs, and even those that do, don't do so every time.

When your clients start calling to find out if Mercury is retrograde, between cycles, look to see if it is oob, or in declination with another planet that could give you the answer.

Many studies have been done concerning oob planets in the charts of countries and in mundane transits, most notably by Charles Hannan of Chicago. When the Moon and Mars are both oob, a war can be the result. Look at your ephemeris again for January 1991, through the first two weeks of May 1991. That should call to mind Desert Storm. The Moon had begun a cycle of going oob, both north and south, in its monthly cycle, several months before. All it needed was a catalyst, and in mid to late January Mars went oob, and stayed outside the boundary the Sun sets till the second week in May.

The charts of people who exhibit violent behavior can also contain an oob planet. Although this is interesting, it should not be concluded that all oob planets are violent, but these placements can enable the person to have that extra punch to exceed normally expected potentials, both positively and negatively. The charts of many well-known public figures have at least one planet oob, although it is not necessarily a criterion for fame.

An interesting study in declination can be done with Lois Rodden's Astro Data: Profiles in Crime. Look at the collection of parallels and contra-parallels between the outer plants and the personal points that are in high degrees of declination. Certainly not all, but most of the murderers, and their victims, have those difficult energies to contend with. That certainly leaves us with plenty of room for more investigations.

Hope this helps in the interpretations of them

K x

You may like to read The Powerful Parallels at http://collaboratingwithfate.blogspot.com

Last edited:

pwadm

Staff member
Great info - many thanks.

Latley, I watched parallels & contraparallels of declination of transiting planets in relationship with current events and it's an interesting subject for study.
Magi Society keeps highlighting the importance of natal and transiting Chiron in relational events, for instance parallels and contraparallels of transiting planets to natal planets. That stuff really works.

Futurist

Yeah, I only have one of those Magi books but now want more!

Radu, do you have an ephemeris that shows declinations other then Raphaels? I know the Rosicrucian's do one but wondered if there are any others. Would it be an impossible thing to put an online declination ephemeris up showing scanned pages? Probably ! There seem to be loads online for astronomy purposes but you have to put in the date. When looking for zero degrees (when the planets cross from South to North) and OOB one needs a broad view as it's difficult to ascertain a date to enter.

Another idea might be a graphic ephemeris showing a mid line of the celestial equator ??

Just a thought seeing as you are a technical wizard with these things.

K x
PS. Did you see my addendum about Mars being way OOB on 9/11 and at the earlier bomb attack on the WTC? Interesting eh

pwadm

Staff member
More complex programs such as Winstar, Janus or Solar Fire have very nice graphical outputs of declinations, try get one of those.

I knew about Mars being OOB during the 911 events, but not that it was also OOB during the 1993 WTC bombings.

Futurist

Ok thanks. I had already searched in my solar fire help for declinations to no avail but you are right. To anyone else searching for the feature you bring up the graphic ephemeris tool and there is a drop down menu that includes declinations.

So, I have now been able to ascertain that on 19 May 2007 a new Mars cycle begins. The problem now (having not done anything by hand for years due to the advent of computer programs such as Win Star & Solar Fire) is to remember how to calculate the exact time, for an exact location, that the planet changes declination by crossing the C. Equator line from South to North. The only way at present seems to be to use the 'Rectify' button on a chart and then keep looking at the declinations in 'Reports', however it is almost impossible to get it to 00.00. The closest I have come is 00.08

Does anyone know the formula? It's to do with daily speed calculations.

Thanks

Kx