Brother's troubled life

ScorpAsc5

We are trying to understand how we can get my brother's life back to normal.

He has no career and he will be 28 in July. He did not care about studies and career and got lost wasting time with his friends and spending money.

He does not respect mother and blames her for every wrong happened to him. I tried to get his life back on track but he took me wrong and stopped talking to me.

He only listens to his friends and one by one they all are betraying him and he still listens to them. He has no family values and does not care about his career - sister - mother. He likes to have lavish lifestyle but snatches mother's money.

He is my younger brother, he is my family and I love him. I want to help him to be a better person and have a career. But how, I do not know. He tried to get into business/technology/government services/teaching but failed consecutively and now has no idea how-where-what to do.

I created his natal-transit-progressions chart if someone could see anything positive for my family; or if my brother would be able to find a career in coming days and challenges would be sorted, somehow.

Thanks much!

Last edited:

Win

Well, he has a lot of planets in 6th house (daily work and health) and 11th house (friends, big organizations), so it can also mean a lot of focus in these areas in his life (and as you said, he focuses on his friends and he tried and had a lot of problems in having a career.

His sun opposites Uranus and Neptune. Sun opposite Uranus makes him quite a rebel and adds instability, while Sun opposite Neptune makes him sensitive, but deluded and maybe a bit weak (hurt ego even, because sun symbolizes ego), withdrawing to his inner world when feeling hurt (I think it also relates to his sun in cancer, which characterizes very emotional people with a tendency to withdraw into themselves).

As for his career, his MC is in Sagittarius. As such, this might be a reason why he can't stay for long in one job. His workplace should let him express his energy (and not sit all day in office), maybe travel a bit ( driver?). Maybe he can be a good teacher too..

Jupiter rules his sign of Midheaven, and it's in Leo and in the 6th house. Being in Leo means he should be more generous to others and less self- focused in order to succeed in life. In the 6th house , it's important for him to enjoy his work (oddly enough, I saw that Jupiter in this house usually signifies workaholics, but I also read that when Jupiter is in a fire sign, like in this case, the individual will overindulge in less important activities. This also might affect his health, as 6th house rules also health.. drinking too much or something like that maybe. Just an assumption, I might be wrong of course).

Another tip I would suggest is looking over his Pallas placement (an asteroid that can show one's skills or strategy).

Please note that astrology isn't 100% accurate (and I'm not a professional myself lol). Was I right? If I was wrong somehow I am absolutely sorry.

Hope I helped and wish that things will be better :smile:

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
We are trying to understand how we can get my brother's life back to normal.

Who's "we"? Is your brother included in this we? Does he consent to you getting his life "back to normal" for him?

If not, you're asking the wrong questions. You can't change someone else's life without their consent and direct participation. If you try, you are invading their boundaries. Neither can you decide what kind of life changes another person needs. Making that decision for someone else is also a violation of their boundaries.

You can put up your own chart and ask how you yourself can handle the effects your brother is having on you. That would be a fair question. But if your brother is not asking for astrological advice, it's not fair to ask for him.

Last edited:

greybeard

Who's "we"? Is your brother included in this we? Does he consent to you getting his life "back to normal" for him?

If not, you're asking the wrong questions. You can't change someone else's life without their consent and direct participation. If you try, you are invading their boundaries. Neither can you decide what kind of life changes another person needs. Making that decision for someone else is also a violation of their boundaries. Which is likely why your brother stopped talking to you.

You can put up your own chart and ask how you yourself can handle the effects your brother is having on you. That would be a fair question. But if your brother is not asking for astrological advice, it's not fair to ask for him.

I second the motion. He'll have to find his own way. Meanwhile, your own garden needs weeding and cultivating.

greybeard

Well, he has a lot of planets in 6th house (daily work and health) and 11th house (friends, big organizations), so it can also mean a lot of focus in these areas in his life (and as you said, he focuses on his friends and he tried and had a lot of problems in having a career.

His sun opposites Uranus and Neptune. Sun opposite Uranus makes him quite a rebel and adds instability, while Sun opposite Neptune makes him sensitive, but deluded and maybe a bit weak (hurt ego even, because sun symbolizes ego), withdrawing to his inner world when feeling hurt (I think it also relates to his sun in cancer, which characterizes very emotional people with a tendency to withdraw into themselves).

As for his career, his MC is in Sagittarius. As such, this might be a reason why he can't stay for long in one job. His workplace should let him express his energy (and not sit all day in office), maybe travel a bit ( driver?). Maybe he can be a good teacher too..

Jupiter rules his sign of Midheaven, and it's in Leo and in the 6th house. Being in Leo means he should be more generous to others and less self- focused in order to succeed in life. In the 6th house , it's important for him to enjoy his work (oddly enough, I saw that Jupiter in this house usually signifies workaholics, but I also read that when Jupiter is in a fire sign, like in this case, the individual will overindulge in less important activities. This also might affect his health, as 6th house rules also health.. drinking too much or something like that maybe. Just an assumption, I might be wrong of course).

Another tip I would suggest is looking over his Pallas placement (an asteroid that can show one's skills or strategy).

Please note that astrology isn't 100% accurate (and I'm not a professional myself lol). Was I right? If I was wrong somehow I am absolutely sorry.

Hope I helped and wish that things will be better :smile:

It is not astrology which is not accurate. It is the astrologer.

Osamenor

Staff member
It is not up to you or anyone to judge if it was deserved that her brother stopped talking to her, you do not know the least about the situation to write this, unnecessary to say that
Fair point, and I deleted my own remark for that.
I think her and her family's intention is to try to understand what goes on in her brother's head and thus give some more targeted support

Nobody can change anyone, the will have to come from within ourselves, but when you are in the family with a problematic situation have another way of looking at the other person can change the perspective of the situation and so find better ways to help
However, the way she worded it is giving the impression that she's trying to force her brother to change, without his consent. That is not okay, and not a way I feel is ethical to use astrology.

The way she described the situation, it doesn't sound like her brother wants her support, or at least not the kind of support she wants to give him. Help given under those circumstances is toxic help. It just drives people away.

There's nothing in that first post to indicate the OP, or whoever else is included in this "we," is asking the brother for his perspective on this. If he's not included in the effort to "help," it's not help for him, it's objectification of him.

The only person you can change is yourself. I still encourage the OP to have her own chart read for what could help her deal with this family situation. Maybe even her synastry with her brother, as long as brother's chart is anonymized.

And let this be the last post in this vein. This is an astrology thread. We must stick to astrology. Let's not drive it off topic. I will delete any further off topic posts, whether or not I personally agree with their content.