Ascendant in 12th house? And what do you see in me = personality wise?

Hyperqueen

P.S. just go to the second paragraph if you don't want to read the whole thing and just "cut to the chase"

So I got a reading from a youtuber&astrologer that I really really like. He's not a professional, but I feel like he has an insight or way of explaining & understanding the signs like no other. Anyway, he contacted me before the reading and wanted to understand what rising I was, because he was really surprised to find someone with a Scorpio rising at 0 degree, and thought, that might not seem right. After talking to him for 2 long hours, we decided to take 2 minutes off to turn it into a libra rising. and he did my short reading. He made a beautiful reading that was based off who I was(as in what I am to people) that I have some kind of healing orb surrounding me, and that I have to stop being a loner, in the sense that if I want help, I should ask for it. I shouldn't be so unique because it's going to make me feel so alone. etc etc etc. But I wonder if the chart says anything about my personality? like, he didn't make a 2 hours reading, just a simple one, and might have checked off some little details I think?

All in all, what I wanted to know is, first off, is the house system wrong? like it seems kind of wrong that my asc is in the 12th house. The youtuber even told me that I should change it. And second of all, what can you tell about me based on this chart? you don't have to say a lot if you don't want to, because really every response is appreciated, and in some kind of way, everyone has their explanations that can be better than others, and more understanding. If you understand where i'm getting at? It's why I like this site, I see this everywhere. I like to use astrology to better myself or.. just to know myself better? Just like anyone on this earth who's ever started to learn about astrology lol.
Thanks if advance :)

Attachments

• real astro.gif
    real astro.gif
    51.4 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

JUPITERASC

P.S. just go to the second paragraph if you don't want to read the whole thing and just "cut to the chase"

So I got a reading from a youtuber&astrologer that I really really like. He's not a professional, but I feel like he has an insight or way of explaining & understanding the signs like no other. Anyway, he contacted me before the reading and wanted to understand what rising I was, because he was really surprised to find someone with a Scorpio rising at 0 degree, and thought, that might not seem right. After talking to him for 2 long hours, we decided to take 2 minutes off to turn it into a libra rising. and he did my short reading. He made a beautiful reading that was based off who I was(as in what I am to people) that I have some kind of healing orb surrounding me, and that I have to stop being a loner, in the sense that if I want help, I should ask for it. I shouldn't be so unique because it's going to make me feel so alone. etc etc etc. But I wonder if the chart says anything about my personality? like, he didn't make a 2 hours reading, just a simple one, and might have checked off some little details I think?

All in all, what I wanted to know is, first off
is the house system wrong?
like it seems kind of wrong that my asc is in the 12th house.

The youtuber even told me that I should change it.
The ASCENDANT POINT ITSELF can fall anywhere in the first house
HOWEVER
It is impossible for Ascendant to be in 12th house

There are at least twenty or thirty different house systems
or means of dividing the so-called "birthchart"
into twelve segments of life activity.
In astrology, houses, mansions, or domains
represent general areas of life activity
and are the grounding areas or arenas of expression for planets.
Originally, the words "houses" and "signs" were interchangeable.
A planet in the SIGN of Aries
was also a planet in the HOUSE of Aries
so that in effect houses as we know them today did not exist

to view for yourself how that works in practice
create your natal chart using Whole Sign Houses option
then compare with the same natal chart using Placidus
keep in mind that Placidus is simply the default

Using Whole Sign Housea
the ascendant sign becomes the whole first house
and the other houses follow.
MIDHEAVEN POINT can be anywhere in the upper half of the chart

The House location of a natal planet can change,
dependent on the house system chosen
easily verify that fact at astro.com's Extended Chart Selection Page :smile:
there, fourteen of the more popular house systems currently in use
are available options

Placidus being simply the default

Artificial divisions now known as houses

were attempts by early Greeks and Hindus to measure strength "points" in the horoscope
which during 7th and 8th centuries AD were construed
or confused
as means of dividing the birth chart.
The ascendant and midheaven degrees and their opposites were definite power points
or areas of intense focus
but not necessarily the beginnings of a house or quadrant
And second of all, what can you tell about me based on this chart? you don't have to say a lot if you don't want to, because really every response is appreciated, and in some kind of way, everyone has their explanations that can be better than others, and more understanding. If you understand where i'm getting at? It's why I like this site, I see this everywhere. I like to use astrology to better myself or.. just to know myself better? Just like anyone on this earth who's ever started to learn about astrology lol.
Thanks if advance :)

Hyperqueen

Alright, Alright.

There seems to be my second photo of how should my houses look like when my first house falls on my ascendant

Now. Is this really the right way of seeing the house ? or should I have left in default?

For instance, I tend to look onto "astro - portait click" and it will still be the default one.

Just want to make sure im not looking at it the wrong way, just like how I thought I was a scorpio ascendant this whole time but realized that I wasn't

Attachments

• real astro 2.gif
    real astro 2.gif
    49.7 KB · Views: 63

ashriia

just like how I thought I was a scorpio ascendant this whole time but realized that I wasn't

You realized you were not a scorpio ascendant, because this youtuber told you that you couldn't have a 0 degree ascendant? the thing is, you certainly can and if your birth time is correct for a scorp ascendant chart, then that is what it is.

Many people have critical degree ascendants - 29/0. Beginning astrologers usually have a difficult time doing readings for natives with critical degree ascendants simply because its not what they are used to, or because they don't have the knowledge yet for interpretation. And I'd be wary of an astrologer that tells you, you shouldn't be so unique because it can be isolating. you have uranus in the 4th and aquarius ruling the 4th house cusp, you are supposed to be different, and have an unusual mindset and homelife. embrace it, make the most of it. :smile:

Hyperqueen

You realized you were not a scorpio ascendant, because this youtuber told you that you couldn't have a 0 degree ascendant? the thing is, you certainly can and if your birth time is correct for a scorp ascendant chart, then that is what it is.

Many people have critical degree ascendants - 29/0. Beginning astrologers usually have a difficult time doing readings for natives with critical degree ascendants simply because its not what they are used to, or because they don't have the knowledge yet for interpretation. And I'd be wary of an astrologer that tells you, you shouldn't be so unique because it can be isolating. you have uranus in the 4th and aquarius ruling the 4th house cusp, you are supposed to be different, and have an unusual mindset and homelife. embrace it, make the most of it. :smile:

Sorry I know I can be a Scorpio rising, it's just that 1 minute before my birth, it falls into Libra rising and sometimes doctors can be wrong about things! He talked it over with me just to make sure because the same thing happened to him, and another astrologer confirmed him the same thing.

I do not look, act or attract any scorpio-type people unless if its their moon. My two best friends are libra, and a lot of my childhood friends were also air signs, and quite frankly most of my friends are for some reason air signs.

You see why I say this? We literally sat there for 2 hours debating to see which was my real rising sign,
As a plus, everyone always says that I have "flirty eyes" and that I'm just a flirty person usually. I thought that was just that "presence" people talked about when they say scorpio rising.

And for the rest of it - He meant as in I always want to be a creator and want to be too unique, in the sense that I will resent people. For instance, I hate the city because I feel "alone" and I hate everybody because they are "the same". I don't realize that they are unique too, and shouldn't take this too seriously.

We should definitely be unique! Just a little sacrifice of it though just to let others in... is sometimes good.

Last edited:
The ASCENDANT POINT ITSELF can fall anywhere in the first house
HOWEVER
It is impossible for Ascendant to be in 12th house

There are at least twenty or thirty different house systems
or means of dividing the so-called "birthchart"
into twelve segments of life activity.
In astrology, houses, mansions, or domains
represent general areas of life activity
and are the grounding areas or arenas of expression for planets.
Originally, the words "houses" and "signs" were interchangeable.
A planet in the SIGN of Aries
was also a planet in the HOUSE of Aries
so that in effect houses as we know them today did not exist

to view for yourself how that works in practice
create your natal chart using Whole Sign Houses option
then compare with the same natal chart using Placidus
keep in mind that Placidus is simply the default

Using Whole Sign Housea
the ascendant sign becomes the whole first house
and the other houses follow.
MIDHEAVEN POINT can be anywhere in the upper half of the chart

The House location of a natal planet can change,
dependent on the house system chosen
easily verify that fact at astro.com's Extended Chart Selection Page :smile:
there, fourteen of the more popular house systems currently in use
are available options

Placidus being simply the default

Artificial divisions now known as houses

were attempts by early Greeks and Hindus to measure strength "points" in the horoscope
which during 7th and 8th centuries AD were construed
or confused
as means of dividing the birth chart.
The ascendant and midheaven degrees and their opposites were definite power points
or areas of intense focus
but not necessarily the beginnings of a house or quadrant

That's why I'm here, to find out why my reading says my Asc is in 12th house. I thought it impossible as well, especially after months of studying advanced Astrology.
My 12th is Virgo & my Asc is 9° Libra.
My birth time exact.
Anybody?
Also, what does it mean if my Venus is "Contrariety of Hayz"? I cannot find a straight answer online, pertaining to my love life.