Do you think I would make a good Mortician?

ChildOfVenus

I know this is a strange profession but this is something I've been thinking about. My moon in Aquarius would keep me from getting too attached to certain situations. And my Venus in Pisces would allow me to express sympathy and empathy to the family of the loved ones.

ChildOfVenus

2zr2939.jpg

Post up your chart in here

conspiracy theorist

-MC lady in 8th house
-Ruler of 8th in the 8th
-Ruler of 2nd in the 8th
-NN in 8th
-Mars in the MC and most angular of the professional planets (cutting involved in the career)
MC ruler near the finale of the zodiac (this is a personal observation)

Yeah, you could do it

ChildOfVenus

I just wonder if I'd have nightmares.
-MC lady in 8th house
-Ruler of 8th in the 8th
-Ruler of 2nd in the 8th
-NN in 8th
-Mars in the MC and most angular of the professional planets (cutting involved in the career)
MC ruler near the finale of the zodiac (this is a personal observation)

Yeah, you could do it

aquarius7000

Hi,

Your tenth house ruler is in the 8th house and exalted. I think this is even something that may, odd as it may sound, fulfil you. Your Moon in aspect to Pluto also shows that you are fine with delving deep into things and with the dark side of life.

ChildOfVenus

I just don't know what my friends and family will think. I mean they will probably think I'm weird.
Hi,

Your tenth house ruler is in the 8th house and exalted. I think this is even something that may, odd as it may sound, fulfil you. Your Moon in aspect to Pluto also shows that you are fine with delving deep into things and with the dark side of life.

waybread

Yeah but don't you think people might think I'm strange?

Up to a point. If you've ever lost someone you care about to death, you realize what an important service the funeral industry provides. People do grow and mature during their lives, and with this comes increased exposure to death, and an increased appreciation of those able to do this important work.

You've got to be true to yourself, not to other people who are immature or shallow.

ChildOfVenus

See even you think it's weird lol. But I understand what you mean though. I shouldn't care what people think about my profession even if it is family. I'm sure they will have things to say against it. But there are pros and cons with every profession really. The only thing that makes me hesitant is I don't know if I'd be able to deal with seeing dead people everyday. Other than that I think I'd really like it. Because I would be helping other people and my Venus in Pisces would enjoy it.
Up to a point. If you've ever lost someone you care about to death, you realize what an important service the funeral industry provides. People do grow and mature during their lives, and with this comes increased exposure to death, and an increased appreciation of those able to do this important work.

You've got to be true to yourself, not to other people who are immature or shallow.

waybread

No, I don't think it's weird. Quite the contrary. 8th house people do tend to think about death more than the average person, and are not fearful or squeamish about it. Consequently they are suited for jobs dealing with death. This might also include ICU hospital staff, hospice workers, paramedics, charitable organizations trying to find cures for currently incurable diseases. I merely acknowledge that those other people who don't have an 8th house emphasis don't get where you're coming from, because their focus is elsewhere.

As a senior citizen, my parents were both gone by the time I was 35. My brother died from cancer. Probably a dozen or so friends and neighbours have died in the past 8 years. With one of our friends and neighbours who died of cancer in the local hospital's hospice room, we visited him several times per week, and we saw how he deteriorated.

Yes, it's hard to watch sometimes, but I think it's harder to die alone, or for the spouse to face death without a support network.

I've been to just a couple of funerals with an open casket. While I wouldn't want this for myself, for some loved ones, it does bring a sense of closure, to see the body at rest.

Also, not all the work at a funeral home involves dealing with the body. It's a bit like a reception center, with some employees scheduling the viewing or open house arrangements, sometimes programs to be printed if a memorial service will be held there, arranging for a casket or cremation, possibly making arrangements with a church, and so on.

The near bereaved family members are often in no emotional condition to do this, so it is a service to them to have a professional to handle the arrangements.

The last time I was more closely involved with a funeral was my brother's death. The funeral home staff couldn't have been more helpful, respectful, and supportive.

Your moon is in the 8th house of service. In Aquarius, it does give you a sense of emotional detachment, which should be helpful for this type of work. But also, I cannot imagine that people in this profession wouldn't have special methods of clearing their minds so that it doesn't run them 24/7.

Last edited:

ChildOfVenus

I didn't think of it that way but I just don't see why people think of it as weird. Being as though death is apart of life and someone has to do the job. It's about making the loved ones feel good. And yes you are right there are other things to do like paperwork talking with the families etc. But I like the way you explained it though. What you've said really does make a lot of sense.
No, I don't think it's weird. Quite the contrary. 8th house people do tend to think about death more than the average person, and are not fearful or squeamish about it. Consequently they are suited for jobs dealing with death. This might also include ICU hospital staff, hospice workers, paramedics, charitable organizations trying to find cures for currently incurable diseases. I merely acknowledge that those other people who don't have an 8th house emphasis don't get where you're coming from, because their focus is elsewhere.

As a senior citizen, my parents were both gone by the time I was 35. My brother died from cancer. Probably a dozen or so friends and neighbours have died in the past 8 years. With one of our friends and neighbours who died of cancer in the local hospital's hospice room, we visited him several times per week, and we saw how he deteriorated.

Yes, it's hard to watch sometimes, but I think it's harder to die alone, or for the spouse to face death without a support network.

I've been to just a couple of funerals with an open casket. While I wouldn't want this for myself, for some loved ones, it does bring a sense of closure, to see the body at rest.

Also, not all the work at a funeral home involves dealing with the body. It's a bit like a reception center, with some employees scheduling the viewing or open house arrangements, sometimes programs to be printed if a memorial service will be held there, arranging for a casket or cremation, possibly making arrangements with a church, and so on.

The near bereaved family members are often in no emotional condition to do this, so it is a service to them to have a professional to handle the arrangements.

The last time I was more closely involved with a funeral was my brother's death. The funeral home staff couldn't have been more helpful, respectful, and supportive.

Your moon is in the 8th house of service. In Aquarius, it does give you a sense of emotional detachment, which should be helpful for this type of work. But also, I cannot imagine that people in this profession wouldn't have special methods of clearing their minds so that it doesn't run them 24/7.