When will I get over my depression and be happy?

P

pisces87

Hi, It's friday, august 5, 2005 8:55 am central time in Bossier City Louisiana. If it helps, I was born February 25, 1987 at 2:26 AM in Sheboygan, Wisconsin. I'm wondering when I will get over my depression. It's lasted around ten years now, and I feel rather hopeless about it. No treatment has really done anything. Please help me. Thank you.

T

TheEmeraldEmpire

I hope this helps...

Well Sara.....I'm no expert, but I have studied astrology for a long time and I looked at your chart. Right now you just gained Saturn in the first house for the next two and a half years. (approximately) And that can be pretty sobering, isolating. What I was looking for was some reason you have been depressed for ten years. You show that you have a square from pluto to the moon in your seventh house, which I suppose could account for that....but because it's a natal aspect; like my pluto conjunct my sun...I'd have to say it's part of your personality and a challenge in your life. With a seventh house moon, you may not feel that you are loved without a significant other....and you have a serious saturn in the fifth house of FUN so you might be pretty serious about having fun...which doesn't help. You may be too responsible in that area to ever really just let go, and it may mean that you have a hard time with simple romance unless you feel it is serious and going somewhere. Lightening up is easier said than done, but maybe you are taking life too seriously? Depression is pretty serious stuff...I've delt with major depression all my life as well as suicide issues, mostly in my earlier years. So I do know something about it and was concerned when I saw your post. If you have been depressed for ten years, that is something you need to fix NOW. You don't have another ten years to WASTE feeling depressed. Life is a journey and yours is being spent being sad and unhappy and that's just not right. May I suggest seeing a doctor? I spent twenty years on antidepressants off and on and they DO help. I don't need them anymore, but I have and I know only a doctor can determine if you are experiencing just some heavy personality issues or if it is indeed a health issue. You need to find this out. Mine turned out to be a genetic virus that a side effect of; is depression. That combined with Pluto conjunct my moon and a serious Saturn stellium didn't help...I had major issued to work out within myself; which CAN be done. But if there are health issues, chemical imbalances in your body that only worsen what you have already been given to deal with...you need to find out. Don't waste your life. And don't feel sorry for yourself...do something about it every day...do something to make yourself feel good. And DON'T depend on other people for YOUR happiness. My father always said...Your only as happy as you decide to be...at the time I thought he was full of ****, but turns out, he was right...today I could be happy in a paper bag all by myself and can entertain myself for days on end. You have to be happy with YOU, because you are the one you have to live with for all time, if you aren't then you have nothing to give anyone else. You will only bring other people down...and do you really want to do that? I don't think you do. The best thing you can do in life is make other people happy, going out of your way for someone else and helping them, makes you forget your own problems. Everyone wants to be loved, and you'll find that some day. I had to wait forty four years for mine....and if you'd told me at your age that I'd find it so late in life, I'd never have believed you...but if you'd promised me it would be perfect, I'd been happy to patiently wait that long! Everything in life has a time line, and comes to you when it is supposed to. Depression itself CAN be a blessing, you appreciate things more deeply than other people, and you recognize and enjoy the good things when you have them. Look for the good things. Look into yourself and understand YOU. Trust that there is a purpose for what is happening to you, but on the same turn, do everything you can to solve it.
I don't know what else to say...I don't see anything anything terrible in your chart. With that Leo ascendent you like attention, and you like to be front and center....but with the opposition of the moon, you may place to much emotional emphasis on love from others. Maybe you feel you deserve better than you get? I don't know. Just don't let others be YOUR WORTH factor. It's not what others do that matters, it's what you do, it's whether YOU LOVE YOU that counts. Love yourself and take care of yourself. That's my best advice.
Good luck.

T

TheEmeraldEmpire

I am so sorry....

I plugged you in for p.m. instead of a.m. I am so sorry. But actually....I'm not, because your chart is EVEN BETTER NOW. And I really see no reason for what you are describing. Okay, so you have a serious Capricorn moon and Venus, but those by themselves just aren't a bad thing. You have a transit of Pluto to your first house going on, but that's a very long term transit and a very subtle one at that....it COULD cause some depression though; and if anyone else has any answers on that one, feel free to comment. But I just can't see where the problem is as far as your chart. You have that great venus in the first house and a nice, fun loving, jovial Sagittarius ascendant...so I really don't get it. From what I can see, you should be someone who loves to have and laugh alot, though you do have your serious side. Please do yourself a favor and talk to a doctor, have them do some tests and make sure you don't have something physically/chemically wrong that is causing this? Because from what I see, you don't have much to worry about. Your quite capable of taking care of yourself, you have a nice chart and I'm willing to bet are a VERY nice person. With that uranus in the first house you like to create excitement and you seem like a fun person who likes nice things....there's just nothing there that I can see to explain your depression and that worries me. The only thing I see is that pluto in the first house, but it's not touching the moon....and it would tend to only have eighth house/pluto conotations to it. Meaning it could bring jealousy, sexual things and dark things your way...which you'll have to be careful about for a long time. Study Pluto. Go to astrology weekly and type in the search box each placement for each planet in your natal chart for better explanations of how your chart functions. Then do a natal/transit chart and see where the transiting planets are and do the same to see what energies you are dealing with. It will give you a better explanation of your chart. You can also get the text version of all your aspects by clicking on the right hand corner of the chart you have, look up the aspects. It will give you much better insight as to what your looking at. Also, the library is a good resource for books, you can print out your chart and look it all up there as well. But I would seriously urge you to find out if there is a health issue first before you go looking at a problem within yourself. Okay...we all need to work on ourselves and I'm sure you do too. But get the health issue out of the way before you drive yourself nuts thinking it's your personality...one thing at a time. K?

fensi88

For your horary question, I got ASc at 12Vi18, ruler of ASC Me rx on 13Le57, Moon at 18Leo09 and ruler od 6th house(illness) Sa at 02Le35.
First of all you are not serious ill because there is not future aspect between ruler of 1st and ruler of 8th house (Me turn direct on 8 degree), but you do not lie, because Su, Me rx, and Moon are in 12th house, really bad position. But common signs on angles are sure sign that it will be change in situation! Only Moon's future aspect is trine with Pl in 4th house, end of matter, and because Pl is synonym for regeneration, you will recover! One way to look when will be change in situation is that trine with Pl and another is when Moon change sign. First way gives result of 4 months, and second way gives result of 12 months. Keep us update!

franklin taylor

Sara,
I can see where and why you may feel depression accentuated in your chart. Have you looked at the Gauquelin Sectors? These are power points, not planets, in your chart. This is a link to a page about it http://www.cd-b.com/gauquelin_sectors.htm Saturn is setting on your ascendant and in the twelfth house which the most powerful point of the Gauquelin system. It gives a brief list of qualities for the placement of Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Venus, and the moon on those areas involved, the only ones proven to be usable so far but I have read about the other planets in these sectors discussed in the link. The Placement of Saturn on such a key location you can have an innate quality of seriousness and melancholy but not necessarily depression. It is most certainly true you need to seek medical advice, but astrology can illuminate tendencies.
Take Care.
Franklin Taytlor