Kaali Mantra

Shivan

Can i recite Kali mantra at home .but one of my friend suggested that should be chanted either in temple or burial ground Since its very powerful mantra .Please advice

dr. farr

In my opinion you can effectively recite any mantra anywhere IF you have the proper intent and enthusiasm to make the mantra meaningful and therefore effective.

piercethevale

I have a statuette of Kali on my altar.

while I have never made japa to Kali it does seem to me that if you have Kali on your altar it would be alright to do the japa there.
As Dr. Farr suggested, I figure most such mantras are okay to do anywhere...but Kali is like Vrinchi is inferring ...thus said, She is not someone I would risk offending.

leila11

I have a statuette of Kali on my altar.

while I have never made japa to Kali it does seem to me that if you have Kali on your altar it would be alright to do the japa there.
As Dr. Farr suggested, I figure most such mantras are okay to do anywhere...but Kali is like Vrinchi is inferring ...thus said, She is not someone I would risk offending.

Hi there...I am just curious as to your interest in Kali or indian astrology. I am Australian but my husband is American,his parents from india,kolkata,and his mothers favourite goddess is Kali Ma,they are in india for four mths currently. When I met my husband he had a scroll in gold given to him by an astrologer in india and a his pisces stone around his wrist... I had always had a passion for astrology,and after doing his chart became comvinced he was right for me. We now have a one and half year old daughter... I do not know much about Jyotish.....but I really love the fact that cetain indian astrological thought is that the full Saturn return is at 36...

Hope u don't mind me butting in on your thread!:unsure:

piercethevale

sir i would like to knw the mantras..
i can handle dis & i m quite serious abt dat..
i will be glad to u!!

Thanks

You can find them on youtube
...here's one in 108 repititions...so one can work their mala and not lose count.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqW5ouEjKxc

... I won't be held responsible for misuse or improper use of the mantra. I do so only for the reason that I am offering an expedient solution to your request.

Sakti

Thanks for the response
hw i have to do it & when?

Hi tufftour & shivan,
If u r really interested in chanting the mantras; I would like to give few suggestions........
First u meet any holy brahmin who is either pandit in vedas or well-versed in mantra sashtra.
A mantra is not something to chant all by yourself. U have to take mantra from a brahmin through a specific holy method in a holy place(either a temple or a place decided by a holy brahmin).
Next the person explains u the procedure to be followed ....... like no.of times mantra to be chanted, naivedyas, supplications etc.
I think for some mantras there will be a specific number i.e; the no.of times....
and for some mantras there will be a specific period.
After completion of mantra, there will be a specific procedure to be followed.

If a person is not carefull and keen in chanting the mantra there might be some adverse effects.

Another important thing is there should not be any spelling mistakes in the mantra and mantra must be chanted for a good cause.
The person will be cursed if he chants for a bad reason.

My great grand pa is well-versed in mantra-shastra and another great grand pa is a pandit in vedas. So I came to know about this through my parents.

regards,
Sakti

piercethevale

That is excellent advice, Sakti, actually the most true and hence most perfect advice.
I apologize for my actions here in supplying a mantra so freely, in an oafish American way so common to us all here in America.
I have been doing yoga since 1968 and I know, as anyone should, that for one that has been on the path as long as I have, they should darn well know better than to do such a thing.

My only explanation, is that I am a chela of the bijmantra itself, as explained by Swami Sivananda in his book on "Japa Yoga", Himalayan Press. It is a path of much solitude, but it is also a path that demands we "remain in the world" as a part of it and not one that leads to being in the company of like oriented souls much at all. To be alone in a sea of Humanity can get to be one of the hardest lonlinesses imaginable. Coupled with that, as one of the oddities of this path is, the mastery of the chakras, is in reverse order, makes it difficult enough to function as part of society as to drive one to develop a need for the solace found in being so removed from society in such a solitary path... especially so having grown up and spending nearly my entire life in California, the "Temple of Maya".

Not an excuse, but an explanation that I had to give if only for the reason to remind myself and do so publicly as to cause myself some, self induced, social embarassment {In addition to that already my due} so as not to be so thoughtless in the future.

I humbly apologize.
Namaste,
ptv

Last edited:

Sakti

No piercethevale! You r not oafish.
I appreciate your helping hand indeed.

It is a platform where every one of us have the right to share our thoughts and suggestions.

'Temple of Maya' in California???? Whats the idol in that temple? (Curious)

No explanations please! If am not wrong, am younger to you; still 25!
Need ur blessings instead!:)

kind regards,
Sakti

piercethevale

No piercethevale! You r not oafish.
I appreciate your helping hand indeed.

It is a platform where every one of us have the right to share our thoughts and suggestions.

'Temple of Maya' in California???? Whats the idol in that temple? (Curious)

No explanations please! If am not wrong, am younger to you; still 25!
Need ur blessings instead!:)

kind regards,
Sakti

Thank you for being so understanding.
By the term, "Temple of Maya", I chose it to use as I struggled to express the obsession with material things here in California in some way relative to the culture of India, and that was the best I could come up with at the moment.

Namaste.
OM Shanti,
ptv

Sakti

Hello piercethevale,

Great! Good to hear that u r a relative to culture of India. :)
May I know to which part of India u r related with? Language?

Yeah! Understood about 'temple of maya':wink:

Namaste!

regards,
Sakti

piercethevale

I am just an american of English, Scot, a litlle Geman and Powhatan ancestry by mother, and Italian by my father. I was raised in Quaker ways, as has been the tradition of my mothers family since coming to America in 1685. My father was raised Roman Catholic, which he renounced, but remained a Christain by all meaning of the word.
I was taught how to meditate at age 15 by my mother, whom had read of the technique and had practiced somewhat herself, from the books she read and collected into a library on Edgar Cayce, a well respected early 20th century American clairvoyant.
She gave me instuction on the meditation/yogic practice of focusing on the Ajna and told me of the Word, the Logos, the bijmantra, OM.

She had no idea that I would achieve samadhi with it, that same night.

That was in August of 1968 and it was not until late 2003 or early 2004 that I read what Swami Sivananda had to say about this particular path I am on. I never had a clue as to a path in existence so strange. I di have darshan, in a most vivid dream, with Sivananda, in 1974, although I did not know who He was utnil I saw his photo on the back cover dust jacket of Swami Satchitananda's book in a store a year later when Satchitananda was in California giving lectures and giving darshan. I immediately recognized Sivananda as the manin saffron robes from my dream...which was a VERY vivid dream.

I am told that my most previous life was one in India and that I was an associate of Mohandas Gandhi. The naturqal affinity I have always had since I was a child for the way of the Sanatan Dharm led me to ask a well respected clairvoyant, whom I had worked with on a number of occasions in the past and proven her abilities to 'See' what is or was, completely to my satisfaction, and she told me that I was of India and that I was a 'Hindu" with many rings, gold rings, on all my fingers.

When I saw the birth chart of Mohandas for the first tie, about 9 or 10 years ago, I was struck by the uncanny similarity to my own, Over the course of the ensuing years it led me ot eventually have suspicion that i may have known him in the previous life. Iposted my chart alon with Gandhi's, in the 'Reincarnation/Pas Life sub-forum here with the request that anyone familar with Gandhi astrologically to make an assessment as to whether I knew him or not. The one reply I got from a member practiced in Jotish was that they thought that, not only did I know him, but that I knew Him rather intimately as well. My sussequent inquiry to my clairvoyant associate, was given the response that we were well associated with one another through a woman we both knew is some manner , that was not at all in any way "improper', but she couldn't give me anymore than that, other than that experience was to help me in these time as for reason that I might be a voice of reason in the times ahead for the United States. At first, by Her description and for the reason she gave as to my possible destiny, I suspected that I may have been the Jain monk that was spiritual advisor to Mohandas' mother, but a couple of weeks later I recalled what the clairvoyant had said about my fingers being occupied by many gold rings and that she had siad , "'definitely 'Hindu' ".

This literally does sound like some sort of recriprocating action on the part of the Guruampara in some way.
...as for another good reason...
I have a few threads and posts in the forum as to how I met a fellow American yogi, Suryakant, who is 70 years old and has been a chela of Dhyanyogi Madhusudandas, of the Maha Kundalini Order, since 1979, when Dhyanyogi came here to the United States. Suryaknt was one of the first American disciples of the Maharishi Mahesh yogi that brought TM to the Occidental world. The way Suryakant appeared and at the particular time of my life with what he had, [exactly what I had been praying for} along with his own natal chart and horoscope done by a friend of his in 1979 and in a way that advanced my understanding and abilities in the use of Sabian Symbols as presented by the late Dane Rudhyar, has been astonishingly mind and life altering for myself...and also turned out to be exactly the tools I would need to know how to use in the amount of time that it took to be capable of it.
I've written a bok and it is published and in it I give thanks and hig praise to the guruampara of the Himalaya's and India. I had two more experiences with deepp meditation following the first. It is Sri Rama that interceeded on my behalf, in answer to my plea, in one of those experiences.

Although I did comed to understand that only the bijmantra itself is my Guru and Sadguru as well from what Sivananda claimed. I did ask to be a protectorate of the Sadhan Order of Yoga of India, through someone I met at another astrology forum in 2008, and was accepted and given a mantra to Sri Prabhu Ram Lal to recite daily and I do Japa with various mantras, many over many years now. I don't meditate much anymore, as I'm not in serch of anything outside of myself at the time as these times demand so much of my attention...as it was destined to be. I do Surya Pujas daily, almost always at dawn... I'll even do them at night if that's the only time i can get to do them. Two rather long complex mantras in Sanskrit, that I've psoted somewhere in the forum in complete translation to English for the best pronunciation, which is all important as you pointed out, as I recorded from the photocopies of the pages from the book they came from... a 'gift' from Suryakant in early 2007. Prior to that I had beendoing Avery brief namaskar [I bleive the word is.} to Surya, for a minute or five, depending, each day sinced the summer of 2001, very religiously since early 2003 for reasons I won't got into here...but I did mention my serch for knowledge of the Hanuman Chalisa, earlier. I found out for myself, during that time, that the physical Sun and the Light that is One with the bijmantra to be quite a bit alike as the Yogis have insisted they are for eons and do indeed improve ones constitution and many abilities as well as provide a new one or two.

To Christains i say that i am a Quaker mystic and a yogi. To those of the Sanatan Dharm i say that I am a Yogi and a chela of the bijmantra. As a Quaker of the waiting worship variety, and as such being raised to bleieve in and listen to the "Inner Voice" and recognize it as the Christ/Krishna conciousness to speak for God to your self is the same as being a chela of the bijmantra in so many, many ways, I bow to Krishna, Rama, Yeshu'a/Jesusa, Hanuman, the Durga, Bhrama, Vishnu, Siva, Ishwara/Yaweh and, or, the El Ohim, to Sat Nam, to Prema Nam, To Surya and the elevenother names that I know him by, to Tawa whom is the Indigenous American tribe of the Hopi and the Zunis incarnation of the Sun as it flet the natural thing to do for the Indigenous ancestry I have and which was confirmed for me as the right thing to do in a vision I had and I also bow to a few others of the Vedic pantheon as well.

All "True Paths" to God are One, ultimately, as you well know, probably better than I, Sakti, and certainly you must be all the more concious of it as it is not a too popular concept here in the United States...in theory, maybe...but certainly not in practice.
I have to constantly remind myself of it and often need to.

I hope I wan't too long winded. It's not often i get to speak of such things to someone that actually may understand it.

It's been an exceptional pleasure meeting you.

Namaste, Hare Krishna Hare Rama, and If I may? Hare Yeshu'a, as well.
OM Tat Sat OM
ptv aka David, aka Devananda

Last edited:

Sakti

Dear Piercethevale,
I am very happy that I am blessed meeting a good friend, a Yogi through this community.
Your past is very interesting. Very glad to hear that you are practicing the supreme and powerful Bijamantra 'OM'. This will definitely makes u stand in the top order of Yogis who win their inner souls.
So you are lucky that you have met many saints and swamis in your lifetime.
When we gain grip on a particular mantra we will get some vivid dreams just as u got. So OM karam is best suited mantra for you especially.... :) Very nice of u!

Gandhi ji! Yes I admire him. He is one of the freedom fighters in India who fought with the weapons called non-violence and truth. People like Mohandas Gandhi makes impossible things possible. Very few people can achieve that. And you appear to be one among those few. Your parents are lucky to have a child like you. Not all will have that power to gain spirituality! Am sure.......

I believe all Gods are ONE. Only the different ways chosen by people to reach the Ultimate! Eventhough I am a born Hindu-Brahmin, I had my education in St.Ann's High School. There I have acquired Knowledge about Christianity. I read Bible in our school library. Majority of our teachers are Anglo-Indians and Nuns/sisters in Church. Eashwar, Allah, Jesus all are one. All taught the same thing, be as a Human, love mankind, peace-loving, truth etc. Their lives are lessons for us. Be it Rama, Jesus, Krishna, Swami Vivekananda etc.

Are Calirvoyants present now-a-days? Can people really predict the future and past? I am very much interested in these kind of things. I wish to meet such people. Can you predict the future of a person? Or Can you suggest me anyone? in India or America; preferably in India?

I wish I could meet you personally and learn more from you Sire!
If you don't mind, Can we continue as best friends? Kindly Excuse me if am too open in my words.

With loads of love and respect,
Sakti :)

red

If you worship kaali ma with love,devotion and honesty, there is no risk whatsoever of offending her. She is everywhere, you need not have a picture or her statue to worship and pray to her.

piercethevale

Dear Piercethevale,
I am very happy that I am blessed meeting a good friend, a Yogi through this community.
Your past is very interesting. Very glad to hear that you are practicing the supreme and powerful Bijamantra 'OM'. This will definitely makes u stand in the top order of Yogis who win their inner souls.
So you are lucky that you have met many saints and swamis in your lifetime.
When we gain grip on a particular mantra we will get some vivid dreams just as u got. So OM karam is best suited mantra for you especially.... :) Very nice of u!

Gandhi ji! Yes I admire him. He is one of the freedom fighters in India who fought with the weapons called non-violence and truth. People like Mohandas Gandhi makes impossible things possible. Very few people can achieve that. And you appear to be one among those few. Your parents are lucky to have a child like you. Not all will have that power to gain spirituality! Am sure.......

I believe all Gods are ONE. Only the different ways chosen by people to reach the Ultimate! Eventhough I am a born Hindu-Brahmin, I had my education in St.Ann's High School. There I have acquired Knowledge about Christianity. I read Bible in our school library. Majority of our teachers are Anglo-Indians and Nuns/sisters in Church. Eashwar, Allah, Jesus all are one. All taught the same thing, be as a Human, love mankind, peace-loving, truth etc. Their lives are lessons for us. Be it Rama, Jesus, Krishna, Swami Vivekananda etc.

Are Calirvoyants present now-a-days? Can people really predict the future and past? I am very much interested in these kind of things. I wish to meet such people. Can you predict the future of a person? Or Can you suggest me anyone? in India or America; preferably in India?

I wish I could meet you personally and learn more from you Sire!
If you don't mind, Can we continue as best friends? Kindly Excuse me if am too open in my words.

With loads of love and respect,
Sakti :)

It is not advisable to use clairvoyance to predict the future. That is what astrology is for. The Bible [Old Testemant] does actually say this...although many of the Christian Churches deny that. When in doubt as to what the Old Testement is saying ...ask a Rabbi. The book is of and for the Hebrews.

I have been working with the Clairvoyant, Clarisse Conner for over 11 years now and she is very good at the practice and her abilities are genuine. It is a good idea, if there seems to be any question as to what she tells you in regard as to any question you put to her, to ask exactly what she is 'Seeing', as I have found on one or two occasions that the symbology of what she is seeing might be better interpreted by oneself. not often, but once in a great while.

She is listed on the internet by the name I have given. Use your search engine to look up Clarisse Conner clairvoyant, in Paradise, Calif.

While I don't approve of the Vatican intruding upon the spirituality of India, you do what feels right for you... I wish for you the enlightenment that you seek.

Sakti

Thank you Piercethevale!
Yeah! we should be careful with Clairvoyants....... I agree!

Sire! I have seen your profile here in astrologer's community.
R u paranormal expert? I am interested about this.....
Can u please explain me about any paranormal case in your experience. ?
Is it possible for another soul to enter into a person's body? What will happen to his original soul? R u scared in any case u have solved?

Once in my childhood I have seen an irregular image on the terrace. And I felt unconscious! I woke up after 10days. My parents worried about me....
I did not remember even a single incident happened in these 10days. My parents told me that I slept all these 10days just like a dead body. My Parents said that, My Grand father performed many rituals and prayed to lord Hanuma and tied a Talisman to my hand. The next moment I woke up as if I woke up from a long sleep. My parents always remember that incident and says that they were shocked and scared at that moment. Anyway we had changed that house after that incident as per my grandfather's advice.

regards,
Sakti

piercethevale

Thank you Piercethevale!
Yeah! we should be careful with Clairvoyants....... I agree!

Sire! I have seen your profile here in astrologer's community.
R u paranormal expert? I am interested about this.....
Can u please explain me about any paranormal case in your experience. ?
Is it possible for another soul to enter into a person's body? What will happen to his original soul? R u scared in any case u have solved?

Once in my childhood I have seen an irregular image on the terrace. And I felt unconscious! I woke up after 10days. My parents worried about me....
I did not remember even a single incident happened in these 10days. My parents told me that I slept all these 10days just like a dead body. My Parents said that, My Grand father performed many rituals and prayed to lord Hanuma and tied a Talisman to my hand. The next moment I woke up as if I woke up from a long sleep. My parents always remember that incident and says that they were shocked and scared at that moment. Anyway we had changed that house after that incident as per my grandfather's advice.

regards,
Sakti
Namaste Sakti,
I've had so many "paranormal" experiences that I could write a two volume book, each of a few hundred pages.

Well, maybe not that much, but I've certainly had quite a portion of them...a lot more than the average person, i surmise.
I've written about them on a number of occasions and to be totally honest I'm not in the 'spirit' to re-account any of them at this time.
What you experienced many years ago are exactly the kind of questions to ask my friend Clarisse. I would surmise that such a question could be handeled by her in about a half an hour. As Her rates aren't cheap, I don't know that you are able to afford Her services. She charges somewhere around $350 to $400 an hour...although she does offer 'specials' on occassions and does have 'introductory rates' most of the time.
I do, however, recommend a 'protection tatoo" on the upper back above the right shouder blade, the Sankrit OM is what I have.

Blessings, ptv