Debate about exaltation of Pluto: Aries, Pisces or Leo?

david starling

this thread turned into french for me lol

There's more than one version of the Table of Dignities and Debilities. I went to a supposedly reliable, knowledgeable site, and they misrepresented the ancient Ptolemy's table as having planets in Detriment. Our Hellenistic scholar, petosiris, aka ptolemy, has informed us otherwise.

CapAquaPis

Mars is exalted in 28' Capricorn (or in solar birth dates, Jan. 17-18th is when the sun is in this tropical degree of Capricorn)...in sabian symbols, 27-28' Cap is a mountain pilgrimage and 28-29' Cap a large aviary (a flock of birds).

petosiris

Banned
There's more than one version of the Table of Dignities and Debilities. I went to a supposedly reliable, knowledgeable site, and they misrepresented the ancient Ptolemy's table as having planets in Detriment. Our Hellenistic scholar, petosiris, aka ptolemy, has informed us otherwise.

Here I made a table according to the Tetrabiblos - https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125698

U9Vm2qU.jpg

All these dignities are similar in effectiveness (''+ 1''). ''I'' means inferior, or rising after the Sun (evening and western), ''S'' means superior, or rising before the Moon. Venus and Moon cooperate with Mars in the triangle of Cancer, but they do not rule it. The proper faces are by sign.

See Tetrabiblos 1.17 - 1.23
http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/home.html

JUPITERASC

Here I made a table according to the Tetrabiblos - https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125698

U9Vm2qU.jpg

All these dignities are similar in effectiveness (''+ 1''). ''I'' means inferior, or rising after the Sun (evening and western), ''S'' means superior, or rising before the Moon. Venus and Moon cooperate with Mars in the triangle of Cancer, but they do not rule it. The proper faces are by sign.

See Tetrabiblos 1.17 - 1.23
http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/home.html
Thankyou for taking the time to do this
clear concise summary :smile:

The19thLaw

Pluto concerns itself with power, Leo is naturally a power-hungry sign due to it being associated with the throne and royalty. I often feel like the things used to describe the negative traits of Scorpio such as vengefulness apply even more-so for Leos who have a sensitive pride. That with the fact that Leos are the kind of sign that will fight to the last breath for power and validation....

CapAquaPis

According to the Ptolemaic familiarity chart, Venus is term of 19-20' (my Moon placement in Aquarius) and Mars is 25-26' (my sun in the same sign). This is a combination of lunar-feminine and solar-masculine, with the sun and Mars dom instead. I should have a term Jupiter for both degrees were in the 20' range.

CapAquaPis

I read astrological information on the revised planetary ruler chart (called the New Millennial Astrology). The asteroid Eros could rule Aquarius and the rising sign/Ascendant node can rule Pisces. Personally, the traditional method works best in astrological composites, even though on my post in the thread's first page, I prefer Eris to co-rule Aquarius and Sedna may be too weak to co-rule Pisces. On this thread's title, the exaltation of Pluto makes perfect sense in Aries, because I don't see anything for Pluto to affect Leonians and Pisceans.

The19thLaw

I read astrological information on the revised planetary ruler chart (called the New Millennial Astrology). The asteroid Eros could rule Aquarius and the rising sign/Ascendant node can rule Pisces. Personally, the traditional method works best in astrological composites, even though on my post in the thread's first page, I prefer Eris to co-rule Aquarius and Sedna may be too weak to co-rule Pisces. On this thread's title, the exaltation of Pluto makes perfect sense in Aries, because I don't see anything for Pluto to affect Leonians and Pisceans.

Pluto cannot function in Aries. Aries is a forgive and forget, quick action, head-first type of sign. It isn't as slow moving and calculated as a Leo.

CapAquaPis

Pluto cannot function in Aries. Aries is a forgive and forget, quick action, head-first type of sign. It isn't as slow moving and calculated as a Leo.

Pluto is too small compared to the other planets anyway, but it is an octave of Mars. The two planets go perfectly together as rulers of Scorpio, a sign of war, anger, negativity and death. I doubt Pluto will have anything to do with Leo.

The19thLaw

Pluto is too small compared to the other planets anyway, but it is an octave of Mars. The two planets go perfectly together as rulers of Scorpio, a sign of war, anger, negativity and death. I doubt Pluto will have anything to do with Leo.

I don't associate Scorpio with war, that is more of the realm of Aries and Capricorn. Scorpio is more about secrecy. As for Leo, well a fixed fire sign has its anger and the sun scorches as much as it gives life. For me, Leo and Scorpio ruling Pluto would be the yin yang of the planet.

Scorpio being the secret side of power while Leo is more of the charismatic outward side of it.

The19thLaw

Rulers are of stronger Chart-influence, and better express their innate natures in some Signs than in others. I refer to "Exalted" as a type of rulership , and have Pluto as Exaltation-ruler of Gemini, Domicile-ruler of Scorpio, and Beneficial-ruler of Aries. Different types of rulerships, rather than Domicled as the only meaning of Sign-rulership.

Pluto is not exalted in Gemini, that makes zero sense.

The19thLaw

According to the Ptolemaic familiarity chart, Venus is term of 19-20' (my Moon placement in Aquarius) and Mars is 25-26' (my sun in the same sign). This is a combination of lunar-feminine and solar-masculine, with the sun and Mars dom instead. I should have a term Jupiter for both degrees were in the 20' range.

I wanted to let you know that none of your posts make sense on this forum, English please.

sentR89day

I can see Pluto in Pisces helping someone with total ego-death, or enlightenment. I think it's better individually to have Pluto in Pisces, or the 12th house, than collectively! Personally, I always saw Pluto in Aquarius as more of an exaltation, because Aquarius loves change, and the transformation of Pluto goes with that. But, I can also see Pluto in Aquarius's pitfalls.

I'd like to believe that Pluto goes best with some sign between Sagittarius and Pisces. Just my two cents! :w00t:

The19thLaw

I can see Pluto in Pisces helping someone with total ego-death, or enlightenment. I think it's better individually to have Pluto in Pisces, or the 12th house, than collectively! Personally, I always saw Pluto in Aquarius as more of an exaltation, because Aquarius loves change, and the transformation of Pluto goes with that. But, I can also see Pluto in Aquarius's pitfalls.

I'd like to believe that Pluto goes best with some sign between Sagittarius and Pisces. Just my two cents! :w00t:

makes no sense to have it in the same element as Scorpio