How to choose an Ishta Devata

mathur_dinesh

Please see the file in the attachment. It deals with ishta devata very clearly. It is in public domain on the net.

Attachments

• Ishtadevata.pdf
    539.1 KB · Views: 65

RishiRahul

Please see the file in the attachment. It deals with ishta devata very clearly. It is in public domain on the net.

Dinesh ji,

The pdf on Ishtadevata is enlightening!

Amongst the birthcharts given there, the birthdetails of Srila Prabhupada seems to be known & in A.D (not B.C.).
The birthdetails from sources at the net shows he was born 8 Nov 1896 around 15.30 in Calcutta, India.

His atmakaraka is seen as Rahu, which is also mentioned at the pdf.
Rahu is in Kumbha rasi & Libra Navamsa (parashari).

The pdf also mentions that Sun & moon are placed in the Jeevanmuktamsa.
Though I do not see it to be so.

Am I going wrong or the pdf?

RishiRahul

mathur_dinesh

Rishi Rahulji,
The pdf says “Atma Karaka in Navamsa is called the karakamsa. The twelfth house from Lagna shows that what releases one from the bonds of this world. The twelfth house from the karakamsa is called the jivanmuktamsa. This is the house signifying the emancipation of the soul and we have to examine this house in order to find one's Ishta Devata.”
The navamsha chart of Srila in the pdf file shows that Rahu, the atmakaraka, is in Libra (which would be the karakamsa according to the pdf). The twelfth house from karakamsa is Virgo. This according to the pdf is jivanmuktamsa. Ch (Moon) and Sy (Sun) are in Virgo.

mathur_dinesh

In addition, the birth data that the pdf has used for Srila Praphupada is as follows:
DOB: 1/Sept/1896
TOB:1600 hours
POB:Calcutta

This data give the same navamsha chart as the pdf has given. This pdf has been created by Prabhupada's disciples so obviously the followers accept this data to be correct. The same data has been given by astrodata bank.

RishiRahul

Rishi Rahulji,
The pdf says “Atma Karaka in Navamsa is called the karakamsa. The twelfth house from Lagna shows that what releases one from the bonds of this world. The twelfth house from the karakamsa is called the jivanmuktamsa. This is the house signifying the emancipation of the soul and we have to examine this house in order to find one's Ishta Devata.”
The navamsha chart of Srila in the pdf file shows that Rahu, the atmakaraka, is in Libra (which would be the karakamsa according to the pdf). The twelfth house from karakamsa is Virgo. This according to the pdf is jivanmuktamsa. Ch (Moon) and Sy (Sun) are in Virgo.

In addition, the birth data that the pdf has used for Srila Praphupada is as follows:
POB:Calcutta

This data give the same navamsha chart as the pdf has given. This pdf has been created by Prabhupada's disciples so obviously the followers accept this data to be correct. The same data has been given by astrodata bank.

Dinesh ji,

Thanks for replying.

Firstly, I did not find any birthdata of Srila Prabhupada, categorically mentioned in the pdf.

Yes, his birthdetails, as mentioned by you, taken from the net sources is:
POB:Calcutta.

As per this birthdetail his atmakaraka Rahu is in Libra/Tula Navamsa, as mentioned in the pdf....... So no problem here.
....Now the 12th. from Libra Navansa is Virgo/Kanya Navamsa, which is Jeevanmukthamsa.
But, in reality (check with the given birthdetails) the position of Sun & Moon are not in Virgo/Kanya Navamsa, but is in Sagittarius/Dhanus Navamsa.
Maybe the pdf made a mistake in mentioning that Sun & moon is in Virgo navamsa, which you have also overlooked.

I wonder if we should take pdf's blindly without counter checking how much we can.

RishiRahul

mathur_dinesh

Perhaps you are not using Lahiri ayanamsha. As I had mentioned in my previous post the navamsha chart with the astrodata bank birth details comes to be exactly the same as the pdf has given.
The importance of the pdf lies more in the clear manner in which it has laid down the principles for ishta devta. We are free to reject it if our experience says otherwise.

RishiRahul

Perhaps you are not using Lahiri ayanamsha. As I had mentioned in my previous post the navamsha chart with the astrodata bank birth details comes to be exactly the same as the pdf has given.
The importance of the pdf lies more in the clear manner in which it has laid down the principles for ishta devta. We are free to reject it if our experience says otherwise.

I was using Lahiri Ayanmasha. Just that the L.M.T. option needed to be enabled at the given birthtime.:biggrin:

RishiRahul