Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Astrology and Psychology

Astrology and Psychology For interesting discussions on psychological meanings and deeper implications in natal charts between members passionated by both psychology and astrology.

Unread 11-27-2018, 01:51 AM

Geminis, how much do you want to communicate?

How much do you have in your head that you can't wait to speak out (or write out)?

Before I joined this site, I had been a lurker for quite some time. I saw interesting threads and I wanted to comment real bad. When I have to hold back from talking, I feel the tension inside me and it either goes away or builds up and makes me miserable.

What's your experience?

Unread 11-27-2018, 02:02 AM

Smile Re: Geminis, how much do you want to communicate?

Hey, you're among friends here. Say whatever you like!
Unread 11-27-2018, 02:09 AM

I believe Gemini Suns usually have love in their hearts, but it's not always reflected in their words. That's a defense mechanism, to avoid getting their feelings hurt. Where's your Moon, if I may ask?
Unread 11-27-2018, 02:18 AM

Re: Geminis, how much do you want to communicate?

Moon conjuncts Asc in Aries with 1 deg orb. Moon is in 12H but the orb is so tight it may as well be in 1H. I believe Aries Moon gives me more impulse to talk. I have my feeling hurt from time to time but that doesn't stop my impulse . I wonder if other Geminis experiences the same thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemini888 For This Useful Post:
david starling (11-27-2018)
Unread 11-27-2018, 02:54 AM

I've found I am only attracted to certain boards. I read a ton, but somehow is only drawn to comment on this one. Its like my guilty pleasure. At first, it was the quality and the fact that this board attracts high quality astrologers, people who knows their stuff back and out, experts in their particular niche. Another factor is that many ‘experts’ are multi-knowledgable, well practiced in other, related subjects, such as tarot, psychic mediums, etc. Its the depth and variety that draws me here. An interesting thing is this thread. I found I indeed have Mercury in good aspect to this board’s Mercury. Hence the activity.

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...ead.php?t=8654

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Hey, you're among friends here. Say whatever you like!
David, I gather you're a Gemini Sun too?

Last edited by GemwDepth; 11-27-2018 at 06:42 AM.
Unread 11-27-2018, 03:39 AM

Yes, I like to Communicate.
I hate any kind of miscommunication.
I'm either in my Head or Mouth.
Due to different work life I'm not into writing anymore. But when I was studying I love to write.

Venus and Moon in Gemini 2nd H.
Unread 11-27-2018, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemwDepth View Post
I've found I am only attracted to certain boards. I read a ton, but somehow is only drawn to comment on this one. Its like my guilty pleasure.

At first, it was the quality and the fact that this board attracts high quality astrologers, people who knows their stuff back and out, experts in their particular niche.

Another factor is that many ‘experts’ are multi-knowledgable, well practiced in other, related subjects, such as tarot, psychic mediums, etc.

Its the depth and variety that draws me here.

An interesting thing is this thread. I found I indeed have Mercury in good aspect to this board’s Mercury. Hence the activity.

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...read.php?t=792

David, I gather you're a Gemini Sun too?
NN and in Gemini, Mercury rising. Where's this board's Mercury?
Btw, Mercury and Jupiter are currently within 1 degree orb from the Sun in tropical Sagittarius. Also, at this moment, Moon is both Domicled and precisely at its NN, at 28 degrees 2' .

Last edited by david starling; 11-27-2018 at 04:21 AM.
Unread 11-27-2018, 04:33 AM

Quote:
NN and in Gemini, Mercury rising. Where's this board's Mercury?
Btw, Mercury and Jupiter are currently within 1 degree orb from the Sun in tropical Sagittarius. Also, at this moment, Moon is both Domicled and precisely at its NN, at 28 degrees 2' .
I figure you are pretty old then Old people tend to keep things to themselves more than young people, but that's just my opinion. Do you feel like a Gemini too? I don't think your Sun is in Gemini.
Unread 11-27-2018, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini888 View Post
I figure you are pretty old then Old people tend to keep things to themselves more than young people, but that's just my opinion. Do you feel like a Gemini too? I don't think your Sun is in Gemini.
Feeling old tonight! Not usually though. Maybe a combination of Pisces Sun, Mercury and Mars + Aquarian Moon and Venus + and NN in Gemini=Gemini!
My expertise is in the realm of the Astrological Ages. I hadn't considered this board was appropriate for that. But, considering Karl Jung is probably the only reason the Ages became so well known, maybe it is.
Unread 11-27-2018, 05:32 AM

Quote:
You're right, I'm not good at chatting about personal stuff, but I know older people who are, so it's probably introverted Pisces. I'll get out of the way, and stop interfering with the thread.
Unread 11-27-2018, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Where's this board's Mercury?
Just corrected the link above. This forum's natal Mercury is at 0 Pisces.
The Following User Says Thank You to GemwDepth For This Useful Post:
david starling (11-27-2018)
Unread 11-27-2018, 07:57 AM

Talking Re: Geminis, how much do you want to communicate?

Quote:
You're right, I'm not good at chatting about personal stuff, but I know older people who are, so it's probably introverted Pisces. I'll get out of the way, and stop interfering with the thread.
I started this thread thinking of Gemini Sun, but I'm curious about people who aren't Gemini Sun but have a lot of Gemini/3H in their chart. Also it would be interesting to see Gemini Sun with more influence from other signs share their experience too.
Unread 11-27-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
I started this thread thinking of Gemini Sun, but I'm curious about people who aren't Gemini Sun but have a lot of Gemini/3H in their chart. Also it would be interesting to see Gemini Sun with more influence from other signs share their experience too.
I believe I have some traits of Gemini because I have Mercury conjunct ascendant. It is in Virgo, but I can see how Mercury is a little more correctly associated (imo) with Gemini than Virgo, because it makes me NEED to communicate and gives a joker presence (albeit quite dry) to my personality. I am lucky, because constant communication is a big part of my job (as is a extremely varied work day). It would be hell for me to sit quietly.
Interestingly, almost all my closest friends are Geminiís, and of my three major loves: one was a Gemini Sun, one a Gemini Moon and the last (and the best!) is a Gemini rising.

Last edited by Starsareround; 11-27-2018 at 01:30 PM.
Unread 11-27-2018, 05:42 PM

The Sun-Merc of this site trines my Moon in Gemini at 26 !/2. The MC and POF conjuncts my own MC.

I rarely hesitate to say whatever I feel will be of use when it comes to astrology. In my day to day life I use extreme self discipline in my conversation. Mostly because I have been an astrologer for so long that I can't always refrain from inserting astrological references into my speech and others just don't always like (OR understand) what I am talking about. I can't help thinking metaphorically any more.

Actually I miss the time when I was just a "regular person" and could "shoot the breeze" and "chat" about things casually. It's harder for me now. The other person has to be very compatible with me for this to occur.

On the other hand, I can discuss MANY specific topics with people who enjoy conversing. Been around a long time. Know a lot of stuff.
LIN

"The universe does not care if it inconveniences you."
Unread 11-28-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin View Post
The Sun-Merc of this site trines my Moon in Gemini at 26 !/2. The MC and POF conjuncts my own MC.

I rarely hesitate to say whatever I feel will be of use when it comes to astrology. In my day to day life I use extreme self discipline in my conversation. Mostly because I have been an astrologer for so long that I can't always refrain from inserting astrological references into my speech and others just don't always like (OR understand) what I am talking about. I can't help thinking metaphorically any more.

Actually I miss the time when I was just a "regular person" and could "shoot the breeze" and "chat" about things casually. It's harder for me now. The other person has to be very compatible with me for this to occur.

On the other hand, I can discuss MANY specific topics with people who enjoy conversing. Been around a long time. Know a lot of stuff.
LIN
I'm going to venture in because of Lin. Topic: Sign-blending at the cusps. Also, seems like something a free-thinking Gemini might agree with. Notice how Lin and I are topic-oriented, but Sun Geminis seem to prefer personal stuff.

Last edited by david starling; 11-28-2018 at 07:54 AM.
Unread 11-28-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
I'm going to venture in because of Lin. Topic: Sign-blending at the cusps. Also, seems like something a free-thinking Gemini might agree with. Notice how Lin and I are topic-oriented, but Sun Geminis seem to prefer personal stuff.

I'm pretty topic-oriented too. But I also like personal stuff Just toss me a good topic and then we can go on a mental trip

Unfortunately not many people can strike a good conversation that can get me hooked up.
Unread 11-28-2018, 05:31 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty topic-oriented too. But I also like personal stuff Just toss me a good topic and then we can go on a mental trip

Unfortunately not many people can strike a good conversation that can get me hooked up.
What's your favorite astrological topic?
Unread 11-28-2018, 06:40 PM

Here's a radical idea: What if Mercury, instead of the Sun, determines "your Sign"? (Since I have Merc in Pisces AND Sun in Pisces, I'd still be a Piscean.) So, it would be about your Mercury Return instead of your SR!
Unread 11-28-2018, 06:47 PM

Here's a question for Gem Suns (the true jewels of the zodiac)--would you say you prefer traditional to modern, or vice versa?
Unread 11-29-2018, 09:25 AM

Well, hey Gems, show some restraint, don't all communicate at once!
Unread 11-29-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
What's your favorite astrological topic?
I'm interested in a lot of things, mostly natal chart related (I'm a Gemini after all ) It's hard for me to pick up one topic that I like more. Just throw in an interesting topic enough and I can jump in.

Also recently I'm interested in how shallow sun sign horoscope can distort people's identity. I have a friend who like that kind of "astrology". She's a Gemini and according to what she read, Gemini is supposed to be shallow, multi-talented, childlike and like to stay away from commitment. She believes all of this and try to mold her personality into that very stereotype. But I manage to obtain her approximate birth data and she is much less of a Gemini than she thinks, as her birth chart has a splash-like pattern. She seems to be more influenced by Cancer, with Cancer Mercury close to Cancer MC. She also has 8H Sun, the total opposite of shallow commitment. And she unconsciously acts like a Cancer, with her devotion to her family and cooking, and her rather superstitious attitude.

Well what a mouthful here But could it be a good topic?

Last edited by Gemini888; 11-29-2018 at 12:40 PM.
Unread 11-29-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Here's a question for Gem Suns (the true jewels of the zodiac)--would you say you prefer traditional to modern, or vice versa?
I prefer modern. Traditional relies too much on fate. Traditional believes that if you have this particular placement you are doom for the rest of your life. It's too rigid and doesn't take into account free will.
Unread 11-29-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
I'm interested in a lot of things, mostly natal chart related (I'm a Gemini after all ) It's hard for me to pick up one topic that I like more. Just throw in an interesting topic enough and I can jump in.

Also recently I'm interested in how shallow sun sign horoscope can distort people's identity. I have a friend who like that kind of "astrology". She's a Gemini and according to what she read, Gemini is supposed to be shallow, multi-talented, childlike and like to stay away from commitment. She believes all of this and try to mold her personality into that very stereotype. But I manage to obtain her approximate birth data and she is much less of a Gemini than she thinks, as her birth chart has a splash-like pattern. She seems to be more influenced by Cancer, with Cancer Mercury close to Cancer MC. She also has 8H Sun, the total opposite of shallow commitment. And she unconsciously acts like a Cancer, with her devotion to her family and cooking, and her rather superstitious attitude.

Well what a mouthful here But could it be a good topic?
I think of the Sun's influence in the natal-chart as being about how you prefer to function, rather than what you're really about.
Unread 11-29-2018, 03:07 PM

That makes sense, considering that the Sun is often described as the "individuality". So if the Sun is who we want to be, then what indicates who we are?
Unread 11-29-2018, 03:22 PM

Quote:
That makes sense, considering that the Sun is often described as the "individuality". So if the Sun is who we want to be, then what indicates who we are?
The whole Chart. The Sun-signs are more like "what's your tribe?".

Tags
communicate, geminis