Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Astrology and Psychology

Astrology and Psychology For interesting discussions on psychological meanings and deeper implications in natal charts between members passionated by both psychology and astrology.

Unread 11-29-2018, 03:50 PM

Smile Re: Geminis, how much do you want to communicate?

Here's an analogy I like--Saturn is the "check-engine" warning on your dashboard. It won't tell you HOW to fix the problem, just what needs fixing.

Unread 11-29-2018, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini888 View Post
Moon conjuncts Asc in Aries with 1 deg orb. Moon is in 12H but the orb is so tight it may as well be in 1H. I believe Aries Moon gives me more impulse to talk. I have my feeling hurt from time to time but that doesn't stop my impulse . I wonder if other Geminis experiences the same thing.
Very nice combination [IMO]. I see it as as both catalytic and facilitating. Perfect for teaching. Obvious question: What about your Mars?

Last edited by david starling; 11-30-2018 at 12:43 AM.
Unread 11-30-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Very nice combination [IMO]. I see it as as both catalytic and facilitating. Perfect for teaching. Obvious question: What about your Mars?
0 deg Virgo, and in 5H. It's a strange combination. I said it before in another thread, it's a struggle between wanting to be the center of attention and wanting to be humble. I also get pleasure from helping people. When it comes to helping, I'm more on the practical side, giving advice rather than comfort.

My Mars also trines Moon. I can sometimes be really sharp with words without knowing it. Some people are intimidated by how I talk, as if I'm about to pick up a fight, while I'm completely being normal.

Could you explain to me how you think my Moon can be good for teaching? I'm a teacher btw
Unread 11-30-2018, 04:03 PM

Re: Geminis, how much do you want to communicate?

Quote:
How much do you have in your head that you can't wait to speak out (or write out)?

Before I joined this site, I had been a lurker for quite some time. I saw interesting threads and I wanted to comment real bad. When I have to hold back from talking, I feel the tension inside me and it either goes away or builds up and makes me miserable.

What's your experience?
Every time I've joined a forum it was because I was lurking and read something that I wanted to address so badly I couldn't not. Sometimes my desire to write or speak a thought is completely overwhelming.

But I go through moods, and in some moods, I am nearly mute.
The Following User Says Thank You to Witchyone For This Useful Post:
Gemini888 (12-01-2018)
Unread 11-30-2018, 04:21 PM

Quote:
0 deg Virgo, and in 5H. It's a strange combination. I said it before in another thread, it's a struggle between wanting to be the center of attention and wanting to be humble. I also get pleasure from helping people. When it comes to helping, I'm more on the practical side, giving advice rather than comfort.

My Mars also trines Moon. I can sometimes be really sharp with words without knowing it. Some people are intimidated by how I talk, as if I'm about to pick up a fight, while I'm completely being normal.

Could you explain to me how you think my Moon can be good for teaching? I'm a teacher btw
The combination of Moon in Aries, which makes it easy for you to help others in a useful way (facilitate); Asc. in Aries, which gives the (catalytic) ability to inspire others to improve themselves; and, the caring compatibility of the Moon on the Asc. (in any sign)--all these together are excellent for teaching.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
Gemini888 (12-01-2018)
Unread 12-01-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchyone View Post
Every time I've joined a forum it was because I was lurking and read something that I wanted to address so badly I couldn't not. Sometimes my desire to write or speak a thought is completely overwhelming.

But I go through moods, and in some moods, I am nearly mute.
May I ask what your moon sign is?
Unread 12-02-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
May I ask what your moon sign is?
Pisces, fishy-fish (apparently, just "Pisces" is too short, and it won't let me post it so blah blah blah)
Unread 12-02-2018, 02:40 PM

So now I know two Pisces people

How do the Moon affect your Gemini trait? I have Aries Moon and I can get bored real fast. It seems that Aries amplifies everything Gemini has, except that it isn't as detached as Gemini. And it looks like Pisces Moon doesn't like to share personal stuff, am I right?
Unread 12-02-2018, 02:58 PM

Quote:
So now I know two Pisces people

How do the Moon affect your Gemini trait? I have Aries Moon and I can get bored real fast. It seems that Aries amplifies everything Gemini has, except that it isn't as detached as Gemini. And it looks like Pisces Moon doesn't like to share personal stuff, am I right?
Maybe I have infinite personalities instead of just the standard two? Some of those personalities do, in fact, like to share personal things, and others do not. I don't mean literal personalities, like Multiple Personality Disorder. I am always painfully aware of what I did when I felt like someone else.

The mutable suns seem to embody our moons more than the other suns, in my opinion, so it doesn't surprise me at all that you have a lot Aries qualities.
GemwDepth (12-03-2018)
Unread 12-02-2018, 04:25 PM
Banned

im a gemini with huge scorpio influence.

So in my head there is so much, im thinking everytime.

But i speak not so much, maybe its because saturn is the ruler of my 3rd house and he is also in the 3rd house.. i think a lot of but dont speak out everything. I like writing more than speaking and this could be due to mercury is in 7 th house (ruled by venus) and venus is in 8th house (ruled by mercury). So they are in a mutual reception and also in a half sextil.

Last edited by Darkgirl; 12-02-2018 at 04:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Darkgirl For This Useful Post:
StillOne (12-03-2018)
Unread 12-02-2018, 09:13 PM

Pisces
Unread 12-02-2018, 09:37 PM

In my chart, I have in close-trine Moon/Venus Conj in
Unread 12-03-2018, 02:14 AM

Quote:
The combination of Moon in Aries, which makes it easy for you to help others in a useful way (facilitate); Asc. in Aries, which gives the (catalytic) ability to inspire others to improve themselves; and, the caring compatibility of the Moon on the Asc. (in any sign)--all these together are excellent for teaching.
That's interesting. I always thought of Aries as being selfish and me-centered. It didn't occur to me that Aries can be caring in its own way.
Unread 12-03-2018, 05:47 AM

Quote:
That's interesting. I always thought of Aries as being selfish and me-centered. It didn't occur to me that Aries can be caring in its own way.
The Moon on the Ascendant is naturally caring, in any Sign. Sun in Aries is a Sense of Purpose placement, on a mission of its own. Moon in Aries is the helpful Aries placement.

Last edited by david starling; 12-03-2018 at 05:52 AM.
Gemini888 (12-03-2018)
Unread 12-03-2018, 01:43 PM

Geminis, do you often use words that are associated with cerebral activity? I notice that I use the word "think" a lot.
Unread 12-03-2018, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Geminis, do you often use words that are associated with cerebral activity? I notice that I use the word "think" a lot.
I use "I" statements a lot. It's a habit that started long ago, because I learned it was the best way to put forth an opinion without starting a fight. I've noticed lately that the downside is I say "I" all the freaking time. It must seem egotistical.

Anyway, I think I use "I feel" more. But I just wrote "I think" to say that, so I don't know.

Signed,
I
(Me)
Gemini888 (12-04-2018)
Unread 12-03-2018, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchyone View Post
I use "I" statements a lot. It's a habit that started long ago, because I learned it was the best way to put forth an opinion without starting a fight. I've noticed lately that the downside is I say "I" all the freaking time. It must seem egotistical.

Anyway, I think I use "I feel" more. But I just wrote "I think" to say that, so I don't know.

Signed,
I
(Me)
Aye, m8y!
Witchyone (12-03-2018)
Unread 12-03-2018, 08:14 PM

Quote:
I KNOW
I FEEL
I THINK
I BELIEVE that you're right!
Gemini888 (12-04-2018)
Unread 12-04-2018, 01:29 AM

Quote:
I use terms from my brief stint as a Cognitive Science major, e.g. working memory, processing speed, executive functioning weaknesses. I also use a lot of verbs about thinking like contemplate, ponder, analyze, and critique.

I clicked on this topic today because I thought it was funny how relevant it was. I'm studying visual art at the moment and we had critiques today (critiques are feedback sessions). I have the reputation of having a lot to say about people's work and my classmates like it because it makes them think. They rely on me to keep the conversation going in that context.

In other environments, though, I can be withdrawn or even shy. My ascendant is Pisces and I can seem more pliant and passive than I really am. I get more comfortable and then bam! Here comes the sun (sign). I talk a lot. When I get going, it's like a basement flooding. I don't relate to the social butterfly stereotype of Gemini. Communication is more about ideas than people for me. I'd rather be in a class discussion than at a party.

I do flit from one idea to another. My speech is often tangential or syntopical, littered with free associations of allusions to a variety of fields. I used to do improv and my speech is still very improvisational.

I like writing a lot too but creative writing is better for me than academic writing. The structure of academic writing always feels stilted and artificial when applied to the non-linear quality of my thoughts.

Sometimes my brain just gets too full and starts to over-spill its contents.
The Following User Says Thank You to corvidcatharsis For This Useful Post:
Gemini888 (12-04-2018)
Unread 12-04-2018, 11:31 AM

A lot of Pisces-influenced Geminis here. So much feeling

And also, do you think you are curious? Do you ask and explore a lot? I think my Gemini side is showing here because I ask a lot of questions.
Unread 12-04-2018, 02:45 PM

Quote:
I KNOW
I FEEL
I THINK
I BELIEVE that you're right!
I guess I come by those "I statements" honestly.
Aquarius MC, Cancer Mercury, Gemini sun, Pisces moon
david starling (12-04-2018)
Unread 12-05-2018, 12:11 AM

Quote:
A lot of Pisces-influenced Geminis here. So much feeling
I don't think of myself as a feelings person. I think of myself as a more logical person. But I probably seem feelings-oriented because I'm artistic. People assume they go together.
Unread 12-05-2018, 04:05 PM

I don't know if the Sun represents "who we want to be"......so much as a "mandate" to live out the energy of that sign....
We may "want to be" a combination of the Sun and Moon....and Venus and Mars also...as Venus and Mars are the male and female inherent in all of us.

Our Venus sign can be (and often is) in a different sign from our Sun; and our Moon can be literally in any sign.

Neptune conj any personal planet or angle can confuse our identity and deceive us as to who we actually are....or can delude us into thinking we are something other than who we are....or just block our real identities from our thinking minds.

This is why we can't "generalize" in this area - or really, any area- we are all "snowflakes!"
LIN

"The universe does not care if it inconveniences you."
Unread 12-05-2018, 06:19 PM

Hi all! My ascendant is Gemini and my mercury is in the 3rd house. My sun sign is cancer and moon is libra. I only realised recently my need for communication. Former boyfriends and told me I am an excellent writer and very happy around people. I love having deep conversations with people and learning new things from the people around me! Oh I ask a lot of questions too! I want to know everything!

Last edited by Jent; 12-05-2018 at 06:26 PM.
Unread 12-05-2018, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin View Post
I don't know if the Sun represents "who we want to be"......so much as a "mandate" to live out the energy of that sign....
We may "want to be" a combination of the Sun and Moon....and Venus and Mars also...as Venus and Mars are the male and female inherent in all of us.

Our Venus sign can be (and often is) in a different sign from our Sun; and our Moon can be literally in any sign.

Neptune conj any personal planet or angle can confuse our identity and deceive us as to who we actually are....or can delude us into thinking we are something other than who we are....or just block our real identities from our thinking minds.

This is why we can't "generalize" in this area - or really, any area- we are all "snowflakes!"
LIN
Excellent thinking! I have a somewhat different opinion, but only because I consider the Ascendant a Solar indicator (intersection of Sun's geocentric path with the eastern horizon), and I'm using it for the "mandate to live out the energy of that sign", as you so well described it. And, I have the Sun-sign as how we best "apply" our energy.
I'm also using the Ascendant for self-image, along with the Sun. This is because the Asc locates the 1st House, which involves the self; and, how we function best (the Sun) plays into one's identity as well.

Last edited by david starling; 12-05-2018 at 10:39 PM.

Tags
communicate, geminis