Moon inconjuct mars: hair-trigger temper?

wan

Hi all!

I have my moon in scopio inconjuct mars in Gemini, and it's a very exact aspect (0 degree), and I have always had trouble with controlling my anger. However, I am not sure if this is due to my ascendant in Aries, or due to this aspect (moon inconjunct mars).

Anybody has this config in their chart/s? are you, or used to be, an ill-tempered person? I have met quite a few Arien type people and most of them don't seem to have anger issues so I don't really know.

thoughts? : D

LeeRutland

Moon in Aries square Mars here, and I say it is a combination of the Aries influence,
you being Aries Rising which gives you the Aries impulsivenes and the "right now" attitude in general, and the aspect itself which links the two planets together.
I have always had to watch my temper very closely.

greybeard

Inconjunct, quincunx, 150 degree angle....signs which "do not behold each other." "Inconjunct" is also used to refer to the semi-sextile (30 degree) angle. Two planets are so close "they cannot see each other" The semi-sextile is a weak aspect and can generally be ignored in most charts. The quincunx, however, can be an infuuential aspect in a chart, especially in cases like this one where the Moon is quincunx the lord of the horoscope.

The idea of the quincunx is that the two energies involved are out of balance, disharmonious, out of touch with each other. I have Moon, ruler of the cancer ascendant in libra in the 4th house quincunx Uranus, very tight orb. My lifelong problem was "instabiity in home and family". There was a basic conflict between my desire for the security of a family and my uncompromising demand for personal liberty. So I would turn first one way, then the other. So the quincunx can indicate "incompletion". It can show a lack of continuity, a nagging sense of unease, feelings of annoyance or anxiety constantly in the background of consciousness.

I have a chart in my files in which Moon is in Aries 12th, partile quincunx Venus right on the Descendant in Scorpio. So she is the chart ruler -- Taurus Rising. Her mother stood by as if she was blind while the girl's father abused her continually over the years. Here Mother (Moon) "does not behold - is blind to...) the abuse of the native (Venus, ruler of the Ascendant) by her father.

The case in point, Moon quincunx Mars, and Mars is Lord of the Horoscope...anything that happens to Mars shows up at the Ascendant, which he rules. Mars, as Lord of the Horoscope, plays a very important role in the chart. Moon/Mars contacts in general indicate a very touchy, highly sensitive streak. There is often a tendency to imagine slights and offenses that were never intended; the imagination works overtime. As a defense against these offenses, the native himself can become very abusive verbally, and seeks to wound the "guilty party" emotionally, saying things that are deeply cutting and abusive. With Mars in the Third (I assume....Gemini with Aries rising) I would suspect a personality that has problems with vicious rumors. This aspect also shows an intransigent attitude that is unlikely to seek grounds for compromise. The mind and feelings are so busy thinking about the egregious insult, or demands on your own time and effort, that there is no room for compromise. Mars/Moon can be very unsympathetic. Maternal nurture, the feeling of being cared for and protected, was not forthcoming. It's quite possible that even as a child you felt unjustly accused of wrong-doing, or of inadequate performance. So today, you cannot abide criticism and are very sensitive to anything that might even imply criticism. Here is the aspect of the sore loser. This aspect also brings jealousy; you may think or accuse others of abandoning you (or of having any sort of relationship with your own enemies.) This person feels like others are out to get him. There's a lot more to Moon quincunx Mars. There is an implied immaturity. All aspects should be read in the context of the whole chart.

Last edited:

wan

Inconjunct, quincunx, 150 degree angle....signs which "do not behold each other." "Inconjunct" is also used to refer to the semi-sextile (30 degree) angle. Two planets are so close "they cannot see each other" The semi-sextile is a weak aspect and can generally be ignored in most charts. The quincunx, however, can be an infuuential aspect in a chart, especially in cases like this one where the Moon is quincunx the lord of the horoscope.

The idea of the quincunx is that the two energies involved are out of balance, disharmonious, out of touch with each other. I have Moon, ruler of the cancer ascendant in libra in the 4th house quincunx Uranus, very tight orb. My lifelong problem was "instabiity in home and family". There was a basic conflict between my desire for the security of a family and my uncompromising demand for personal liberty. So I would turn first one way, then the other. So the quincunx can indicate "incompletion". It can show a lack of continuity, a nagging sense of unease, feelings of annoyance or anxiety constantly in the background of consciousness.

I have a chart in my files in which Moon is in Aries 12th, partile quincunx Venus right on the Descendant in Scorpio. So she is the chart ruler -- Taurus Rising. Her mother stood by as if she was blind while the girl's father abused her continually over the years. Here Mother (Moon) "does not behold - is blind to...) the abuse of the native (Venus, ruler of the Ascendant) by her father.

The case in point, Moon quincunx Mars, and Mars is Lord of the Horoscope...anything that happens to Mars shows up at the Ascendant, which he rules. Mars, as Lord of the Horoscope, plays a very important role in the chart. Moon/Mars contacts in general indicate a very touchy, highly sensitive streak. There is often a tendency to imagine slights and offenses that were never intended; the imagination works overtime. As a defense against these offenses, the native himself can become very abusive verbally, and seeks to wound the "guilty party" emotionally, saying things that are deeply cutting and abusive. With Mars in the Third (I assume....Gemini with Aries rising) I would suspect a personality that has problems with vicious rumors. This aspect also shows an intransigent attitude that is unlikely to seek grounds for compromise. The mind and feelings are so busy thinking about the egregious insult, or demands on your own time and effort, that there is no room for compromise. Mars/Moon can be very unsympathetic. Maternal nurture, the feeling of being cared for and protected, was not forthcoming. It's quite possible that even as a child you felt unjustly accused of wrong-doing, or of inadequate performance. So today, you cannot abide criticism and are very sensitive to anything that might even imply criticism. Here is the aspect of the sore loser. This aspect also brings jealousy; you may think or accuse others of abandoning you (or of having any sort of relationship with your own enemies.) This person feels like others are out to get him. There's a lot more to Moon quincunx Mars. There is an implied immaturity. All aspects should be read in the context of the whole chart.
Dude, I am astounded, absolutely ASTOUNDED, by how accurate your reading of my chart was. Holy sh*t, I am still picking my jaw up from the floor! You really know your stuff! when I was on this other board, I did tend to "imagine" slights against me, any innocent little thing I would instantly pick up and feel it to be threatening to my personal survival (metaphorically speaking). And yes i was very verbal, and I love a good debate, and I used to love hurting people with words. wow. This is truly mind-blowing stuff.

Since you good sir are so good, I am really tempted to ask you to please give me a reading for the rest of my chart, if you are so inclined and don't mind....here it is chart, even if you don't wanna give a reading, which is completely fine, it should give you an idea whether the two of us are compatible :D

http://alabe.com/cgi-bin/chart/astr...ung&COUNTRY=TAIW&STATE=&INPUT9=&Submit=Submit

greybeard

I pass on the Scorpio Moon....thanks for the romantic invite.

Are you studying astrology?

Astrology works. Your personal chart gives an intimate portrait of you...like the Duchess of Alba, nude with all the warts.

Last edited:

wan

I pass on the Scorpio Moon....thanks for the romantic invite.

Are you studying astrology?

Astrology works. Your personal chart gives an intimate portrait of you...like the Duchess of Alba, nude with all the warts.
Well, I don't know if what I am doing counts as "studying", but I do really enjoy spending time reading about this stuff. I don't tell people in real life about it, not that there is anything wrong with astrology. I only talk to people online about it. It's really interesting stuff.

Can I ask why you would want to pass on scorpio moon? Can I ask what your chart is like? Not trying to pry or anything, I am genuinely curious. You are not an Aquarius moon at later degrees, are you? Those would definitely clash with my moon...although my fiery ascendant and my Sun should rectify the situation a tad XD

lol astrology is so much fun, I canNOT stop talking about it!!

greybeard

Moon -Mars contacts, generally, produce angry feelings, strongly passionate responses, inflamed emotions, a fiercely protective nature (including self-protection) and quick, often premature or exaggerated responses to perceived threats. Depends on the prominence and power of the aspect in the particular chart.

dhundhun

Hi all!

I have my moon in scopio inconjuct mars in Gemini, and it's a very exact aspect (0 degree), and I have always had trouble with controlling my anger. However, I am not sure if this is due to my ascendant in Aries, or due to this aspect (moon inconjunct mars).

Anybody has this config in their chart/s? are you, or used to be, an ill-tempered person? I have met quite a few Arien type people and most of them don't seem to have anger issues so I don't really know.

You have couple of stuff in chart, that could contribute to anger and frustration, if things are not your way.
1. Aries ASC
2. Inconjunct of Mars and Moon (in fall)
3. Powerful stellium involving Sun in Leo,
4. Pluto detrimental, placed in 7th

hodad

How about a T square with Moon,Mars and Neptune,all in fixed signs,with Mars in the 8th? I am basically a mellow person,and with Mars opposing Neptune it seems there is often a 'dissolving' effect on aggressive instincts,but the aggression is there for sure.Any comments on this chart?

Attachments

• astro_June26.gif
    astro_June26.gif
    52.5 KB · Views: 53

greybeard

I am not looking at the chart....and I'm not the only one to say this.....

Read the chart as a whole, not in bits and pieces.
You are a whole, unified, integral organism...You must read a chart in that way.

The example here is "Moon quincunx Mars" and then "Mars Lord of Ascendant"...The two things are directly related. Add to that (according to Dhundhun) a stellium in Leo (which squares the Moon in her fall) and you have a "sensitve pride"....You attack when your pride is wounded or threatened.....

Look at your chart as whole; all the pieces fit together to make you (the organism, whole and complete) what you are. In a car the steering wheel is not connected to the gas tank, but one without the other is useless, incomplete. Together they get you where you're going. They are two parts of a unified whole that do not function in isolation.

Hope this hasn't made you angry.

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
What about Mars trine Moon, greybeard I never hear you saying that I have such issues when you look at my chart because they are in harmonious aspect??
In my case, I use this energy to do something else?? But when I get angry....it can really be so scary that everyone will just shut their mouths because of being in shock...

Most of the time I am a happy person sometime people wonder why I look so happy all the time.:lol:

simplified.jpg

Last edited:

greybeard

Oh, Blast Moon-Mars aspects. Can't you people ever wait for anything? The intrinsic natures of Moon and Mars are at loggerheads. Any aspect between them, "harmonious" or not, is inflammatory.

The sheep is in the box.

poyi

Premium Member
Oh, Blast Moon-Mars aspects. Can't you people ever wait for anything? The intrinsic natures of Moon and Mars are at loggerheads. Any aspect between them, "harmonious" or not, is inflammatory.

The sheep is in the box.

Yea...right...so WHAT! hahahaha
I like my quick temper, didn't I tell you I also like spicy foods too! haha
BTW when you talk about inflammatory, that remains me about my acne.....for that reason I hate my Mars!!

Don't forget the sheep needs some foods to eat. (nobody knows what we are talking about here! :bandit:)

Last edited:

Erickaf

I have Moon in Aqurius exactly inconjunct Mars in Virgo, and I admit only on the internet :eek: that I do have a little temper. I have been called touchy many times. Its embarrasing when I do lash out, its rare though. I am not a lunatic. But yes I have a temper.
I just read greybeard post on moon/mars and its so accurate. Especially on the immature part. I do act immature when angry. I am really not, but I act like it and been accused of being immature which pisses me off even more lol.

Last edited:

MaeMae

Banned
moon gem 3' and mars 0' cancer.
i have a hair trigger temper.
Uranus-Merc opp points to tempest in teapot as well.
i like to get it out, spill it, spat it.
often causes arguments.
letting my flash anger build creates forest fires in my soul.
i hope to master my emotions one day ~
hades moon (moon 11th/pluto 2nd)
nonetheless ~
any moon mars combo must deal with flash emotional/physical reactions and others' reactions to them

Claire19

Hi all!

I think that as Mars rules your chart then it is possible that the stressful aspect to Moon can indicate temper. Is your Mars in the 3rd house of communication?? That would be a double whammy with the Gemini sign. Do you use foul language as well?
Having certain aspects may be the reason for our behaviour but as we mature, hopefully not the excuse.

Claire19

I have Moon in Aqurius exactly inconjunct Mars in Virgo, and I admit only on the internet :eek: that I do have a little temper. I have been called touchy many times. Its embarrasing when I do lash out, its rare though. I am not a lunatic. But yes I have a temper.
I just read greybeard post on moon/mars and its so accurate. Especially on the immature part. I do act immature when angry. I am really not, but I act like it and been accused of being immature which pisses me off even more lol.
Moon in Aquarius is a rather detached sign but can be cranky at odd times. Mars in Virgo is one that gets irritated I would say when little daily matters go wrong. With maturity usually comes a control mechanism that eases temper tantrums.