Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Houses & cusps

Houses & cusps For discussions on houses and house cusps (i.e. planets on angles, house stelliums and so on)

Unread 06-27-2006, 06:35 PM
Banned

Does your descendant describe your partner

Hi,

Does your Descendant describe your partner, I was reading up on the descriptions of the D.C and was looking at my Descendant, mine does quite accurately describe my partner I think. It doesn't just have be his Sun Sign.

Here is how I think my D.C describes him.

I have the sign of Pisces on my Descendant and the Sun, Moon, and Mercury placed there with lots of aspects but it will take too long to look at them.

I looked at my partners birth chart and he has his Ascendant, Moon, and Mercury placed in Leo certainly the type of person who likes to shine and he is very dramatic. I think this represents the sun in my 7th which can mean a Leo type partner.

Next he has his South Node in the sign of Cancer so he knows how to be caring, protective and emotional, skills he has well developed. This is represented by my Moon in the 7th

He has his Sun in Virgo, he is intelligent a workaholic and likes to be of service to others. This is represented by my Mercury in the 7th.

He used to be an Alcoholic, he has Sun Square Neptune. This could be my Pisces Descendant
( Attracting the drunks ) Just Kidding he is really lovely.

How does your Descendant describe your partner? I would be interested to know.

Last edited by Miss Saturn; 06-27-2006 at 09:12 PM.
Unread 06-27-2006, 08:05 PM

Re: Does your descendant describe your partner

Descendant Sagittarius 26°32'50

I am attracted to the very friendly and freedom-loving types. The type of people who are always having fun, having an adventure one day or on another.. like the beatnik Jack Kerouac! this intrigues me. It fits the description of whom I am always attracted to... the ones I can't ever have. I'm sure I can have them, but it would mean some great deal of freedom of space has to be involved, which can get complicating.

If there is someone who is too settled, I'll get bored. But if someone is too freedom-loving, I would want to be the one who wants a little "settling" down. Argh!

Unread 06-27-2006, 09:25 PM
Banned

Thanks for the info SS. I have read having Sagittarius on the cusp of the Seventh or Jupiter placed there can bring a lot of Marriages. Part of the reason these people marry often is because they're optimistic, buoyant, and enthusiastic about jumping into an alliance.
Unread 06-27-2006, 09:44 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Rubella

Hmmmm,
Interesting thought. I have Aries Descendant, with Sun, Jupiter and Mercury ( the last two in conjunction ). I heard that the more planets you have in the 7th, the more picky about your partner you are, cause it needs to have more specfic qualities.
Unread 06-28-2006, 02:32 AM

I have Sagitarius 29º at the desc, Capricorn intercepted (juno at 9º Cap), and a little bit of sag. Also I have neptune at 26º sag.

All guys who were involved romanticaly with me were Sun in Pisces, or Moon in Pisces.

My actual relationship: Sun in Pisces, Mercury in Pisces, Ruler of the Asc in the 12th, Jupiter in Aquarius in the 10th Capricorn Mc. Sun´s dipositor is in Capricorn.

I think there is sth in common with sag and pisces: jupiter. The side of jupiter I love most is jup with a mix of saturn: The wise, the philosopher, the one who has ideals, free spirit, visionary, quite eccentric.

Mary

Last edited by Mary; 06-28-2006 at 02:38 AM.
Unread 06-28-2006, 05:43 AM

Capricorn on the cusp, with seventh house containing cap south node and aquarius venus

My deepest and longest lasting relationship with with a capricorn, with aqua mars and aqua rising, so it does seem rather accuate for me so far.

My DC and mars are the only points of my chart to touch Earth, and I do have rather a fatal attraction to Earthy boys :P
Unread 06-28-2006, 07:51 AM

My DC is in Libra and I have Uranus and Moon in the 7th house, with Moon roughly conjunct the 7th house cusp. My partner is a gemini (whose sun trines my moon and DC) with a scorpio moon and capricorn AC. He is a bit eccentric though, probably because he now would have progressed aqu asc and his dad is an aquarian so that fits in well. I think he also is very sensitive but doesn't express it much, fits in with the moon. He also likes the finer things in life. He likes good clothes, food, wine, coffee, appreciates good music etc but probably in a more Taurean way than a Libran way. He is not very artistic though but appreciates the arts. So I guess in a tenuous way he matches my DC and the contents in the 7th house. The fact that my 7th house also contains sco in it makes more sense in matching my partner as he involved in the health profession

Last edited by 23; 06-28-2006 at 07:54 AM.
Unread 06-28-2006, 11:41 AM

I have 14 Leo 14 on the 7th house cusp. My recent x has his vertex at 14 Leo. Our moons are conjunct at 5 and 6 Leo. My Moon falls in his 7th house. However, my Mars is at 2 Cancer in the 5th house and I'd say about 90% of my relationships, including 2 marriages were with Cancer men.

Lori
Unread 06-28-2006, 02:16 PM

Hi. The sign on the cusp of your DC alone will probably not describe your ideal partner. You have to also add in the qualities of the planets in your H7, your Sun sign and your Mars sign. The more qualities of these signs that you can incorporate into the mix, the better.

AqMoon
Unread 06-28-2006, 04:31 PM

My desc. is in cancer. He is caring and sensitive, yes.
My mars is in Saggi, and he has a Saggi moon and midheaven, very much a Saggitarius.
His Venus is in Libra, and I'm a Libran. His desc in Virgo, which is on my moon.

I would say he is close to my ideal, if not my ideal.
Unread 06-29-2006, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquariusMoon
Hi. The sign on the cusp of your DC alone will probably not describe your ideal partner. You have to also add in the qualities of the planets in your H7, your Sun sign and your Mars sign. The more qualities of these signs that you can incorporate into the mix, the better.

AqMoon

Well in that case, my mars in gemini conjuncts both his venus and sun. And yes, I am attracted to geminis in general the most.
Unread 06-29-2006, 08:13 AM

I don't have a partner at the moment.
My descendant is Gemini, so that would mean I'm attracted to intelligent but unreliable men, i.e. smart liars.
Doesn't Juno tell about the partner as well?
Unread 06-29-2006, 08:59 AM

Ouch, sounds like you've met some of the dregs of the gemini population
They're not all like that, I promise

Yeah, I would be interested to hear if anyone has had or has a long term partner who is described by their juno placement.
Unread 06-29-2006, 09:41 AM

I have Moon in 7th House in Cancer.

I've never had a close relationship, but I notice I prefer Cancerian people over just about anyone else. Although I also seem to get along well with Capricorns.

The only two girls I've ever told I loved them were both Cancers, although I don't think I really loved them.

To give a hint, half of the people who's birth date I've collected are Cancers, or have Cancer Ascendants.
Unread 06-29-2006, 11:52 AM

Hmm.. curious, I was thinking that most of my own relationship troubles with "Sagittarian" types (my desc) has always been because its something that I don't have, so I fill it by having a partner who is quite not like me.. but love to have in a form of a person.

Would this understanding better help us to choose more reliable ones in the future? It makes much sense... of course these things are unavoidable but it helps better lessen the hurts and disappointments..
Unread 06-29-2006, 01:40 PM

Dear All
I have no planets in the seventh house. But my wife has 5 planets in her ascendant - Sun, Moon, Mars, Venus, Mercury!!! We do all the things in our own way!!!
Unread 06-29-2006, 01:49 PM

Unhappy Re: Does your descendant describe your partner

Everything in my chart to do with partners and 7th is neptunian, yet I am always attracted to Geminis due to my Gemini mars. But I must admit my response to them is frequently neptunian- fuzzy minded, idealistic and martyrish
Unread 06-29-2006, 09:47 PM

Like Francesca, I am attracted to Cancer men.. My Mars is in Cancer in the 5th.. And I plead the 5th.
Unread 06-30-2006, 02:04 AM

Mmm, I was thinking about this last night; all of the strong platonic friendships in my life are with people very strong in the signs and elements I have (air/fire) Many of the women who are important to me are of the same sun sign as my venus and moon.

However, there's a complete reversal when when I look at the guys I get involved with, all water and earth!

SS, I think you're onto something with your theory of "fulfilling" the presence of certain signs in your life in the form of other people. I have wondered before if I will attract/be attracted to partners 'less different' to me as I become more comfortable with 'using' the different qualities myself.
Unread 06-30-2006, 08:17 AM
Banned

On the subject of relationships I found this lovely description of my Virgo boyfriend.

[deleted copyrighted content posted without owner's permission - Moderator]

I can't wait to read this to him he'll love it.

Last edited by wilsontc; 04-23-2011 at 10:11 PM.
Unread 06-30-2006, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorielle
Like Francesca, I am attracted to Cancer men.. My Mars is in Cancer in the 5th.. And I plead the 5th.
Lol, I've got a female friend who seems to take a liking in me.

Now I have her chart

- she's a Cancer

- and it happens she has Mars in Cancer (she likes Cancer types?)

- in 7th (Mars in 7th, so she likes Arian types; Cancer in 7th, she likes Cancer types?)

- Moon and Venus in Gemini (not sure what the role of the moon is here, but I guess it would indicate she has Gemini emotions and behaves in a Gemini way in a relationship?)

While I have

- Moon in Cancer (I'm a strong Cancer type)

- in 7th (I'm attracted to Cancer types)

- Venus in Aries conjunct Mercury (I like Arian types/am an Arian type/like Gemini types?)

- and Mars in Gemini (I'm a Gemini type in a relationship?)

Lol, I'll ask her in a few hours what type of guys she falls for, macho's or sensitive types (she already remarked that I'm a sensitive type).
Unread 07-02-2006, 06:20 PM

Hi,

my descendant is in Saggitarius, so I am attracted to freedom and adventure loving men, who are also quite individualistic, and are different from other men since they are unique and original. Sometimes I think why I am not attracted to some more 'easy to handle' types - but than I remind myself that my descendant is in Saggitarius...

Wave.

Last edited by Wave; 07-02-2006 at 06:24 PM.
Unread 07-02-2006, 07:15 PM

Yes...

Gemini DC, no planets here.
Taste for Gem boys when younger, but have decided Caps are more my style.
Mars in Cap, strongest planet in my chart., plus
serious Saturn conj. Mercury, sextiled by Mars.
So we see I like hardworking, subtle dry humor,
well read, a bit rebellious...That's about right, lol

Oddly...Aquarians always approach *me* first, sensing the Venus/Uranus energy easier than others since it's hidden in the 12th.
Oh, and my last 2 stalkers have had Venus conj or opp. Pluto...Yikes!
Unread 09-16-2006, 12:15 PM

Thought I'd revive this pearler of a thread with some descendant astrology I hadn't yet seen...

Cancer Descendant
If Cancer lies on your Descendant, you're looking for a love mate who will free you from the emotional chains you lock yourself up in, someone whose warm, affectionate and protective nature will melt your chilly reserve. Since you have Capricorn Rising -- a Sign that signifies a need for control, caution and accountability -- you need a partner who gives freely of their love and their attention. You don't take much time for yourself because you're so worried about keeping up with your obligations, but you instinctually seek out lovers who pamper and spoil you, but who are also somewhat emotionally needy in their own right. When you fall in love, you tend to do so slowly and cautiously, fearful of losing control of your destiny; you'd be most content with someone with whom you can start a family and share a secure home.

Scorpio Descendant
If Scorpio lies on your Descendant, you're seeking a torrid romantic partner, someone with whom you can get very intimate. Since you have Taurus Rising -- a Sign associated with perseverance and stubbornness -- you seem to the world quite in control of your appetites and passions. Behind closed doors, you're craving intense, lusty encounters, profound and complex connections and unrestrained emotion expression. When it comes to falling in love, you put on a brave and diligent face, sizing up your potential mate, assessing their physical beauty (a high priority for Taurus Rising) and material worth. Once you've got a lover in your sights, though, your defensive layers peel away like skin off an onion, your simmering emotions and passions heating things up in no time. A partner who is somewhat possessive and intense, someone keyed into your ardent desires will make you the happiest.

Pisces Descendant
If Pisces lies on your Descendant, you wish for a romantic partner who is as tuned into the universe's rhythms and to the joy and transcendant possibilities of love as you are. Since you've got Virgo Rising, people often see you as serious and meticulous, as needing to quantify everything and be in control, someone who enjoys being needed; you may seem like the type who views love as way to security rather than as a mystical and exciting experience. When it comes to falling in love, you are at first hesitant, cautious and businesslike, quantifying your potential partner's qualities to discern whether or not they're worth your time. But it's all quite to the contrary once you're intimate with someone; in love you're actually looking for someone with whom you can share intense emotional connections and perhaps a common spirituality, someone who can read your mind and intuit your needs. A mate whose open mind and heart will free you from fears or reservations will make you the happiest.

Gemini Descendant
If Gemini lies on your Descendant, you're searching for a partner who will help you to see the trees for the forest, someone who will deflate your rhetoric with their keen view of reality. Since you have Sagittarius Rising, you have a tendency to want to roam the world endlessly, to continuously question your life's path and explore your every whim and curiosity. Being tied down frightens you, and you instinctually seek out partners who will make you aware of the smaller picture, someone who will want to keep moving around as much you do. When it comes to love, you paint with broad strokes, idealizing the notion of love and expecting your lovers to live up to your high intellectual expectations. You'd be happiest with someone vibrant and youthful; they must mentally stimulate you yet not congratulate you for your occasional arrogance and preachiness!

Libra Descendant

If Libra lies on your Descendant, you're searching for a romantic partner with an even temperament and a sense of inner harmony. Since you have Aries Rising -- a Sign associated with aggressiveness and action -- you seem to the world quite spontaneous, bold and assertive. Beneath the surface, though, you're a soft-hearted romantic who yearns to meet that special someone and settle down. Coupledom -- even with all its inherent benefits and aggravations -- profoundly appeals to you, the idea of sharing your life with one person resonating in your soul. When it comes to falling in love, you may at first seem blasé, too preoccupied and busy with your own dynamic lifestyle. You may even warn your potential mate of your roving eye or your need for freedom; once you've got their ear, though, you'll reveal your heart's true intentions. A mate keen on marriage and building a family will make you the most satisfied.

Aquarius Descendant

If Aquarius lies on your Descendant, you aim to meet a romantic partner who will expose you to life's rich variety, a true individualist and independent. Since you have Leo Rising -- a Sign associated with imperiousness, drama and positivity -- you seem like someone who requires much adoration and attention. You give the impression that you want a mate who will coddle you and cajole your powerful ego. To the contrary, though, you're actually looking for a relationship partner who will step back when necessary, giving you a break from all the attention you're always receiving. When you fall in love, you do so with an open heart, showering your new mate with lots of gifts and affection; once you've got their attention, though, you reveal your true desires. A mate who is eccentric, active, intelligent and inspiring will make you the happiest.

Capricorn Descendant
If Capricorn lies on your Descendant, you aspire to meet someone who is successful, honest and dignified, a romantic mate whose gifts to you go beyond flowers and foot massages and more toward fiscal security and unswerving devotion. Since you have Cancer Rising -- a Water Sign associated with emotional sincerity and the maternal instinct -- you seem to desire someone whom you can baby or dote on, someone who will only intensify your tender vulnerability. On the contrary, you're actually seeking a partner who is more mature than you (you may in fact marry someone a bit older than you!), someone on whom you can rely, someone to dote on you! When it comes to falling in love, you seem to lead with your heart; once you've got a potential mate's attention, though, you pull out your checklist of desired qualities and assets. A partner of status who is serious, established and ambitious will best suit you.

Taurus Descendant
If Taurus lies on your Descendant, you yearn for a romantic mate who can offer you a sense of material comfort and stability, someone dependable and reassuring. Since you have Scorpio Rising -- a Sign known for its obsessive and secretive tendencies -- you seek out someone whose calm and comforting nature will soothe your fears and build up your confidence. You aspire to create harmonious, affectionate relationships, possibly to deflect the mysterious and sort of dark energy you seem to attract because of your mysterious Rising Sign. When it comes to falling in love, you really only give yourself over once you know that a potential partner possesses a reliable source of income and a balanced temperament. You may even feel the urge to delve into your mate's past to make certain what they're telling you is true: And this includes peeking at their bank statement and investigating the histories of past relationships!

Virgo Descendant
If Virgo lies on your Descendant, you desire a mate who is selfless in their service and dedication to you, a lover who will provide unwavering reliability and stability. Since you have Pisces Rising, others see you as dreamy, emotionally pliable, submissive even. Consequently, you may feel you need a mate who can anchor you in reality and clue you in when you're overlooking important facts and clues. You need someone who is pragmatic and astute, alert to the world's perils and possibilities, someone who will keep you on your toes. When you fall in love, you do so with your heart open, your idealistic romantic notions bared and vulnerable; it wouldn't feel like love to you if you were guarded. Though you seem to enjoy having your head in the clouds, you're actually craving structure and security, the kind of certainty that comes from routines and habitual behavior.

Aries Descendant
If Aries lies on your Descendant, you're seeking a love partner who will stimulate you, someone dynamic and assertive. Since you have Libra Rising -- a Sign known for its indecisiveness and caution -- you feel as though you need someone who's resolute in their actions. You crave relationships full of fireworks and surprises, so expect that, with whomever you attract, you will experience some spirited conflicts and misunderstandings. It's in your nature to fall quick and to fall hard, impulsively wrapping yourself up in someone's life before you even take a moment to consider the consequences of the union. You may also marry on a whim. With the combination of impetuous Aries on the Descendant and romantic Libra Rising, you could wake up single in the morning and find yourself hitched in Vegas by nightfall!

Leo Descendant
If Leo lies on your Descendant, you're hunting for a mate who is as gregarious and sociable as you, but who possesses the sort of resolute confidence and emotional expressiveness that you sometimes feel you lack. Since you have Aquarius Rising -- a Sign associated with aloof intellectuality and humanitarian interests -- you need a mate who will counter your self-deprecating pride with their own brand of pride -- of a more effervescent, positive variety. You hold your own in the spotlight, assured and well-spoken. When the attention turns to your love life, though, to sharing your most intimate emotions with another person, you run and hide, fearful of being pinned down or caged; and yet you instinctually seek out romantic partners who are steadfast and loyal and who will worship you and spoil you with unconditional support and affection.

Sagittarius Descendant
If Sagittarius lies on your Descendant, you're searching for someone who has not only the same intellectual nature as you, but also the focus and stamina to turn their innovative thoughts into direct action. Since you have Gemini Rising, people see you as intelligent but also a bit brisk and lighthearted, not too keen on delving beneath the surface or advancing past the initial fun stages of things. You seek out a mate who will take you deeper, who will allow your expansive mind the space it requires, someone with whom you can share the rather idealistic beliefs you keep hidden beneath a cool, glib exterior. When it comes to love, you're flirtatious and spontaneous. You tell potential partners that you need your freedom, that you can't be tied down to one mate forever (and you'll likely marry more than once), but you actually feel the most liberated when you're in a secure relationship.
Unread 09-16-2006, 01:00 PM
Banned

She is such an excellent Astrologer Miss Saturn, I totally agree with everything she says.

Hey Howl the description of my Pisces Descendant sounds a lot like me, I am very cautious in approaching love. I do need to be needed in my relationship. I didn't like it when my partner's mum cooked him a meal before he left from visiting her, because I was going to cook for him. I can be critical to my partner but I do it gently I hope.

Shining Ray

Tags
descendant, describe, partner