Would this career path work out?

moonmoney

I've decided to stop messing around and have actually started looking into going to school for a culinary arts degree. As in, I have already enrolled in the school although have not gone so far as to register for classes. They offer night classes at a reasonable price so it is feasible currently without me having to quit my job, but depending on class availability it may take a long time to achieve or I might have to push it back until the new year.

I wanted to know how this is looking.

Asc. (me) is Jupiter in Sagittarius 1st house--this seems to my uneducated guess a positive thing? Starting something, in the first house of the self, domicile with its correct sign. I don’t know if the career path would be ruled by the 10th or 9th, but both rulers are in the 8th house, which since it is cadent house I’m not thrilled. But if we are looking at ruler of 10, Venus, she is conjunct sun (is this combust?!?) both trining Jupiter (me.) I also don’t think I should be thrilled about the moon being pinned between Saturn and Pluto, although Saturn and the moon are in different houses...

There seems to be a lot of information here but I can't really make sense of it. I would appreciate the help!

Thank you :sideways:

Last edited:

moonmoney

Hi, I’m really sorry! I’ve been having so much trouble lately with uploading my charts. It doesn’t appear that I am able to upload from this device, so I will have to wait several hours until I get home and try to repost.

I am not expecting this but if by any chance someone would be so kind as to pull the chart on my behalf, it was cast 13:38 in St. Louis, MO, USA :love:

Until then, apologies again and I will return when I get home. I hope the post doesn’t die

moonmoney

(I hope it took this time. This is really embarrassing, I'm sorry)

Attachments

• culinary.jpg
    culinary.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 21

waybread

I would give this an "OK" kind of "yes." Not so strong that you would need sunglasses just to look at it, but in the sense of "this should work out."

Jupiter is very strong in the sign it rules and in the first house. (They'd be lucky to have you.) The sun rules the 9th house of adult education, and the 10th house rules your career. The sun and Venus are significators. Venus is actually cazimi-- a strong placement for the culinary school.

However, both of these planets have passed their last aspect with the sun and the moon does not make a major aspect to them. There is some reception of the traditional terms and faces sort, which is beneficial.

Question: as you consider the kind of cooking you would like to do, and the type of establishment, is a culinary school diploma going to be necessary? Or would foot-in-the-door work experience serve you as well, or better?

I ask because my niece was in a totally different field when she decided that she wanted to become a professional baker. She looked into culinary schools and was shocked by the tuition. (I note the weakened condition of your 2nd house moon.) Instead, my niece began working at low-order jobs at local bakeries, and gradually worked her way up. This route was more of an apprenticeship. She now has a job baking bread at a popular local bakery where she lives, and seems to be very happy.

Have you talked to people currently in the profession, in positions you'd like to be in, in a few years' time? What do they see as the best credentials?

moonmoney

I would give this an "OK" kind of "yes." Not so strong that you would need sunglasses just to look at it, but in the sense of "this should work out."

Jupiter is very strong in the sign it rules and in the first house. (They'd be lucky to have you.) The sun rules the 9th house of adult education, and the 10th house rules your career. The sun and Venus are significators. Venus is actually cazimi-- a strong placement for the culinary school.

However, both of these planets have passed their last aspect with the sun and the moon does not make a major aspect to them. There is some reception of the traditional terms and faces sort, which is beneficial.

Question: as you consider the kind of cooking you would like to do, and the type of establishment, is a culinary school diploma going to be necessary? Or would foot-in-the-door work experience serve you as well, or better?

I ask because my niece was in a totally different field when she decided that she wanted to become a professional baker. She looked into culinary schools and was shocked by the tuition. (I note the weakened condition of your 2nd house moon.) Instead, my niece began working at low-order jobs at local bakeries, and gradually worked her way up. This route was more of an apprenticeship. She now has a job baking bread at a popular local bakery where she lives, and seems to be very happy.

Have you talked to people currently in the profession, in positions you'd like to be in, in a few years' time? What do they see as the best credentials?

The people I’ve talked to about this have said similar things, about how you don’t “need” a degree to become a chef. Going to school is my personal decision because I want to make sure I’m getting a broad education and not just being trained by one person (perhaps incorrectly) and having to commit to a restaurant for an extended amount of time. Maybe that’s a silly waste of money but I really want to get a broad range of skills across the board. Thank you so much for your reply!!