Discussion Solar Returns Starlinks Article

rogue_red

Re: How to interpret a Solar Return Chart

lillyjgc said:
Venus and Rogue Red,
I've moved your discussion from the Education Board to here.(Ed Board only for the Articles themselves:) )
Cheers
Lillyjgc
(Editor of Ed Board)

Thankyou lilly, i forgot where I was when I responded to venus' question.:)

starlink

QUOTE]AND got the thought to make a solar chart from the time and date of my progressed.!!
[/QUOTE]
No Neppy, I would not do that. If you want to compare the progressed chart with the Solar Return, then only see where Progressed planets are this year positioned in your SR chart. Personally I have not done that, but why not?
Progressed planets do show how we have progressed emotionally, mentally and otherwise over the years and I would start looking at it around age 30, as before that it does not make much sense. Progression is a very slow process and you cannot progress so much (maturing I mean) when you are a teenager, and in your twenties you usually are also a bit unconscious of what your are doing with your life, but hopefully after age 30 things could start taking shape. Now you could look at the progressed Moon. It might since birth be in a new sign and gets a new meaning attached to the native meaning (never forget the native interpretation, progressed only colours the native expression.) Now if that Moon falls this year in your 10th of work, then maybe you will bring that new element into your career or public life. You can do this with the rest, only the personal planets and Asc.ruler.
I have no idea if this works, but it is worth trying.

STarlink

starlink

last years SR asc was scorpios, and this coming up one is aquarius.

Difference is Venus, that last year you had a Fixed watersign on the Asc. and this year a fixed Airsign. One is more emotional, the other more mental. Aquarius might suggest that you would like to behave in a more independent way, doing your own thing, want to be free. Scorpio likes to hold onto things, is emotionally quite dependent and dominant in order to get or keep what he/she wants.

Into which houses in your natal chart do these Ascendants fall?

Last edited:

RockFish

I got a little confused with the articles above.

Should we insert natal planets into the SR return chart, or should we insert the Return's planets into the natal chart? :confused:

Starlink's article says:
Putting them on a 2-wheel chart is a good way of viewing them. Put the natal chart in the inner wheel.

Astrologer50's article says:

Now, insert the planets from the natal chart into the solar return chart.

Which are the differences between those methods?

Last edited:

Vista

RockFish said:
I got a little confused with the articles above.

Should we insert natal planets into the SR return chart, or should we insert the Return's planets into the natal chart? :confused:

Starlink's article says:

Astrologer50's article says:

Which are the differences between those methods?
SR in the inner circle, Natal on the outer is what I interpret and have also read in other articles.

This thread was very helpful information. Thanks everyone!

RockFish

Thanks Vista!

I thought it was more common that people use the natal chart as root.
I will try and read my return for this last year with this method, and see if it fits.

Would like to hear some other opinions about this as well. Anyone?

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor

Rockfish and Vista,
I moved your posts from the Education Board to here, as this is the thread in which we are having the discussion about the Articles.
Thanks,
Lillyjgc

Moradiva

Do you use your natal location or where you currently live? I live 3000 miles away from my birthplace; big difference.
Thanks

Joseph Ledzion

I think the rulers of the houses and their aspects to eachother are more important in indicating things such as marriage or childbirth, than merely noting planets in those houses.

I didn't actually make it through the article, but I did also happen to read that if a person has a Capricorn Ascendant and if they have a Solar Return Ascendant of Sagittarius, then this person would be able to break out of their shell a bit, so to speak.

I am wondering about the validity of that statement because Sagittarius is the 12th house of Capricorn, and indicates imprisonment, secret enemies.

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor

Joseph, I moved your post from the Ed Board to here...Hope you don't mind. The Ed Board is only for the Article itself-we opened a new thread to discuss it.
Cheers
Lillyjgc

R4VEN

Re: How to interprete a Solar Return Chart.

Cool post, starlink!!!!!!!! :tongue:

I'll be referring others to this, as there are some valuable observations in it. (and of course I'll be referring to it myself, as well :whistling:)

Thanks. :bandit:

[ Post moved from the Education Board to this thread. ED board is only for articles. Moderator.]

Last edited by a moderator:

SagiCap

Such great info! Thank you for taking the time to write this!

[Thanks SagiCap! I moved this post from the Education Board to this discussion thread. ED Board is strictly for articles.]

Last edited by a moderator:

starlink

Yesterday, 08:47 PM
misskitty
user_offline.gif

misskitty's Profile Fields

Awesome post, Starlink. Thanks so much.

My chart:
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h4...6/tranists.gif

starlink

MissKitty, I moved your post from the Education Board to this discussion thread. I made a small mistake in copying, that's why you see my Avatar as well. Sorry! But thanks for your enthousiastic answer!

Starlink

starlink

Hi Astrologer50, thanks for wanting to help out here, but as I wrote above, I had these links etc. already integrated in the main article, so I hope you dont mind I deleted this as it is in fact part of the article. This thread is mainly for discussing that Solar Return article:)

Starlink

starlink

I have not gotten notifications about additions to this thread in the last few month so that is the reason I did not see your question Joseph, but here is now:

[QUOTE by Joseph] I did also happen to read that if a person has a Capricorn Ascendant and if they have a Solar Return Ascendant of Sagittarius, then this person would be able to break out of their shell a bit, so to speak.
I am wondering about the validity of that statement because Sagittarius is the 12th house of Capricorn, and indicates imprisonment, secret enemies. [/QUOTE]

Joseph, modern astrology does not really look at these things as far as I am aware.I suppose in horary astrology it is a possibility. Interesting view with the derived houses though, never really thought about that :)

The point with Solar Returns as I know it is, that a new Sagittarius Ascendant starts a new 1st house (= personality, physical appearance) for this Solar Year, regardless of the fact that this house is Capricorns 12th house. I think this is getting a bit too detailed if you ask me:)

So the optimistic, philosophical and futuristic traits of Sagittarius will give the basic natal Capricorn expression a bit more spark, less serious, maybe even less (self)disciplined. Of course Jupiter's placement and aspects should be observed as well as which house in the natal chart is ruled by Sagittarius.
Should this Ascendant fall very near the next housecusp (within 5°) then the next house will be the point of focus (next to the Sun position) for the year.

Starlink

tsquare

you can give me a chart, of someone already deceased, and give me 4 possible years, and i tell you in wich that person have died. I say 4 because i don't have all day. Actually, i do, but i don't intend wasting it all with this.

4 possible years.

Some conditions, it must be an exact chart, meaning, with an exact birth time, meaning, with an exact ascendant.

Birth Chart:

Second, the location where the person was, if not the same as birth
Place of death: Chicago, Illinois

And finally, some informations about his family, how many sibblings would be enough.
had three brothers.

gemini59

I was at first tempted to say the 1998 chart as Libra rules the 4th house and is rising. And we see Venus, its ruler in the 4th squared by saturn on an angle which rules his natal sixth house. His natal moon is in the 12th showing confinement. Solar venus is on the cusp of the natal 6th house, Solar neptune is conjunct chiron...
venus, neptune , Uranus, and mercury in the 4th which in the natal are inconjunct.I would be looking for harder angles to the luminaries but do not see them in this chart thus my next one is...
The second runner up is 1978 as at first the angles are fixed then become mutable.
The 4th natal house is conjunct Pluto but I am a tad confused as it is in the 11th so not so good but we see neptune in the first house in sextile to venus the end of house ruler. Pluto is in hard aspect to the sun and moon and we see again venus, ruler of the 4th conjunct the sun. Saturn is also in hard aspect to the luminaries drawing force and neptune eases the sun. Neptune in the first rules the 4th house.
That is my two cents.