Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 03-26-2019, 06:03 PM
Kingogkings717222 Kingogkings717222 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 30
the more airy or earthy your ascendant is the more beautiful you truly are?

If venus represents the standard of beauty, and we can safely say this is THE standard of beauty among all living organisms that are what they are via being combinations of different planetary energies within the zodiac (and in the zodiac venus is represntative of beauty itself anyways) cant we say that its not opinion but a fact that venus IS beauty itself?

What would even further support this idea is that every astrological planet's traits are what make up it's whole character, and when we do that for venus it always ends up with venus being representative of beauty, among other things.

If so is true, and venus is an air and earth planet, then wouldn't it also be true to say that the more airy or earthy your ascendant is the more beautiful you truly are?

This would make sense too, since air and earth are the most sensual oriented and materialistic based elements afterall.


Last edited by Kingogkings717222; 03-26-2019 at 06:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 03-26-2019, 06:44 PM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,924
Re: True or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingogkings717222 View Post
If so is true, and venus is an air and earth planet, then wouldn't it also be true to say that the more airy or earthy your ascendant is the more beautiful you truly are?

This would make sense too, since air and earth are the most sensual oriented and materialistic based elements afterall.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That said, my sense is that Venus sign doesn't make any difference in whether or not a person is beautiful, or seen as beautiful, but its aspects do. If Venus is in a harmonious aspect to the ascendant, or in conjunction with it, I think there's a greater chance that the native will be seen as beautiful. Adding other planets into the mix might affect that, though, so it's not Venus alone.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 03-26-2019, 07:08 PM
Kingogkings717222 Kingogkings717222 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 30
Re: True or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That said, my sense is that Venus sign doesn't make any difference in whether or not a person is beautiful, or seen as beautiful, but its aspects do. If Venus is in a harmonious aspect to the ascendant, or in conjunction with it, I think there's a greater chance that the native will be seen as beautiful. Adding other planets into the mix might affect that, though, so it's not Venus alone.
If the condition of ones venus can be determined by it's aspects then why cant the condition of it also be dtermined by the sign its in? Its like you're saying that the sign a planet is in doesnt matter but its aspects do. Which makes no sense and ignores almost everything astrology teaches.

And you havent proven how the more airy or earthy an ascendant is the more close to the standard of beauty (venus) they are in looks.

Last edited by Kingogkings717222; 03-26-2019 at 07:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 03-26-2019, 07:12 PM
Oddity's Avatar
Oddity Oddity is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,982
Re: True or not?

It's the ascendant that governs your appearance. Aspects to the ascendant modify it. So...if Venus aspects the ascendant, that will affect it more than if Venus is off in the sixth house.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oddity For This Useful Post:
Kingogkings717222 (03-26-2019), Osamenor (03-26-2019)
  #5  
Unread 03-26-2019, 07:18 PM
Kingogkings717222 Kingogkings717222 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 30
Re: True or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
It's the ascendant that governs your appearance. Aspects to the ascendant modify it. So...if Venus aspects the ascendant, that will affect it more than if Venus is off in the sixth house.
Correct. However you should know that houses only do so much. They don't alter the planets energy, (unlesd theyre in aspect to a planet) they just govern what area of life a placement/planet will be dedicated to.

So if venus is in the 1st 3rd 8th or 7th house (which all deal with physical appearance on some level) you will have to end up being physically attractive no matter what. At least what can be considered to be in the physically attractive category. Even if the venus isnt aspected well, it being in one of those houses is there because it means that no matter what, your own unique level of attractiveness/beauty(your own venus) is dedicated to one of those areas of life, which, as I said before, all govern physical appearance on some level.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kingogkings717222 For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (03-26-2019)
  #6  
Unread 03-26-2019, 07:23 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 56,340
Re: True or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post


It's the ascendant that governs your appearance.
Aspects to the ascendant modify it.

So...
if Venus aspects the ascendant, that will affect it more
than if Venus is off in the sixth house.
ALSO
keep in mind that Ascemdamt is synonymous with First House

Main Rulerships of First House:
Life, vitality and health.

Stature
colour
complexion
form and shape of body.

Older sources note its influence upon the intellect,
the way the mind works, and speech.
First house represents the focal point for the personality and manner of expression.

As well as describing the physical appearance
the condition of First House
and that of its planetary ruler
indicates the level of personal vitality and strength.
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h1.html
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
Kingogkings717222 (03-26-2019)
  #7  
Unread 03-26-2019, 07:36 PM
Kingogkings717222 Kingogkings717222 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 30
Re: True or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
ALSO
keep in mind that Ascemdamt is synonymous with First House

Main Rulerships of First House:
Life, vitality and health.

Stature
colour
complexion
form and shape of body.

Older sources note its influence upon the intellect,
the way the mind works, and speech.
First house represents the focal point for the personality and manner of expression.

As well as describing the physical appearance
the condition of First House
and that of its planetary ruler
indicates the level of personal vitality and strength.
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h1.html
I think the first house is indeed something that represent who one is.

After all, I have my moon in pisces in the 12th house and the moon is 90% water even with aspects.

And my mercury is in cap in 10th in cap and conjunct my sun in cap in 10th in cap, also squares my jupiter in aries in 1st in Aries, and conjuncts both my lilith in cap and my juno in cap.

And my sun conjuncts my Mercury and squares my jupiter too lol and semi squares my mars in pisces in 12th in aquarius.

And my jupiter in aries is in the 1st in aries and is in good condition aspect wise.

So my personality is pretty introverted and my ASC being in Aries contradicts that yet it is conjunct the moon which is also in pisces and in the 12th and is a weak moon aspects considered. So yeah my ASC does represent who I am as a whole I can see that now.

Also forgot to mention my saturn is in the 1st, meaning regardless of the sign and aspects of my saturn, my saturn is ending up dedicated to my 1st house (house of personality and self) so that definitley contributes to how my 1st house represents who I am as a whole too.

I think what this proves is that the planets that are in your 1st house mean that your whole self is representative of those natal planet of yours and your looks too, and the sign your 1st is in and the aspects just determines how you physicallly look and is more of a symbolical representation of who you are

Last edited by Kingogkings717222; 03-26-2019 at 07:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 03-26-2019, 07:39 PM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,924
Re: True or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingogkings717222 View Post
If the condition of ones venus can be determined by it's aspects then why cant the condition of it also be dtermined by the sign its in? Its like you're saying that the sign a planet is in doesnt matter but its aspects do. Which makes no sense and ignores almost everything astrology teaches.
Venus isn't personal appearance. At least, not in and of itself. That has more to do with the ascendant, and first house planets if there are any. If Venus rules the ascendant, aspects it, and/or is in the first house, then that puts Venus in the picture right there. If none of those apply, then the condition of Venus probably doesn't have much, if anything, to do with the native's appearance.

In that case, what Venus's condition would affect is things like the native's personal values, approach to money, approach to interpersonal relationships, and their own innate sense of beauty. Not how beautiful others perceive them to be, but how they themselves perceive and appreciate beauty. What turns on their aesthetic sensibilities? What do they need to feel at peace?

Venus's condition would also affect the workings of the house(s) that it rules and that it's placed in. If that doesn't include the first house, then physical appearance won't be one of those workings, at least not directly. And, at least according to traditional astrology, if Venus rules the AC but doesn't aspect it by sign, then it's not doing much for physical appearance in that case either.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
Kingogkings717222 (03-26-2019), Oddity (03-26-2019)
  #9  
Unread 03-26-2019, 07:55 PM
Kingogkings717222 Kingogkings717222 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 30
Re: True or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Venus isn't personal appearance. At least, not in and of itself. That has more to do with the ascendant, and first house planets if there are any. If Venus rules the ascendant, aspects it, and/or is in the first house, then that puts Venus in the picture right there. If none of those apply, then the condition of Venus probably doesn't have much, if anything, to do with the native's appearance.

In that case, what Venus's condition would affect is things like the native's personal values, approach to money, approach to interpersonal relationships, and their own innate sense of beauty. Not how beautiful others perceive them to be, but how they themselves perceive and appreciate beauty. What turns on their aesthetic sensibilities? What do they need to feel at peace?

Venus's condition would also affect the workings of the house(s) that it rules and that it's placed in. If that doesn't include the first house, then physical appearance won't be one of those workings, at least not directly. And, at least according to traditional astrology, if Venus rules the AC but doesn't aspect it by sign, then it's not doing much for physical appearance in that case either.
You know what, youre 100% right on most of what you said.

But how come venus is the sign of beauty, then? If so, shouldnt one who looks more venusian be more beautiful? None of what you said debunks this. And following the samw logic, air and earth are closest to beauty, as venus is both air and earth, so all celestial bodies we use in astrology that are airy and earthy type of characters by nature should thus all be more sensual based and thus specialise in those areas and be favored in them.

Which means the more airy and earthy (by character) that youre ascendant is, the more attractive/beautiful you are.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 03-26-2019, 07:59 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 56,340
Re: True or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Venus isn't personal appearance. At least, not in and of itself. That has more to do with the ascendant, and first house planets if there are any. If Venus rules the ascendant, aspects it, and/or is in the first house, then that puts Venus in the picture right there. If none of those apply, then the condition of Venus probably doesn't have much, if anything, to do with the native's appearance.

In that case, what Venus's condition would affect is things like the native's personal values, approach to money, approach to interpersonal relationships, and their own innate sense of beauty. Not how beautiful others perceive them to be, but how they themselves perceive and appreciate beauty. What turns on their aesthetic sensibilities? What do they need to feel at peace?

Venus's condition would also affect the workings of the house(s) that it rules and that it's placed in. If that doesn't include the first house, then physical appearance won't be one of those workings, at least not directly. And, at least according to traditional astrology, if Venus rules the AC but doesn't aspect it by sign, then it's not doing much for physical appearance in that case either.
DYSJUNCT is a traditional term = not in aspect
If Venus is Ascendant ruler but DYSJUNCT
then
the native MAY neglect their personal appearance


HOWEVER
although generalisation is fun
it is unreliable
and so
keep in mind that traditionally
VENUS rules TAURUS and LIBRA
and
BOTH Taurus AND Libra
are Exaltation hosts

i.e.
TAURUS is the Exaltation of MOON
and
LIBRA is the Exaltation of SATURN
and so
IF
Venus were DYSJUNCT a Libra or a Taurus ASCENDANT
then
Exaltation rulers influence on appearance
is greater than it would be
if Venus WERE in aspect to the ascendant
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 03-26-2019, 08:05 PM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,924
Re: True or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingogkings717222 View Post
And following the samw logic, air and earth are closest to beauty, as venus is both air and earth, so all celestial bodies we use in astrology that are airy and earthy type of characters by nature should thus all be more sensual based and thus specialise in those areas and be favored in them.

Which means the more airy and earthy (by character) that youre ascendant is, the more attractive/beautiful you are.
Scorpio is also a very sensual sign, and it's a water sign. So, in a way, is Leo, which is fire. Pisces is the sign of Venus's exaltation, and it's another water sign.

Aquarius, meanwhile, is the ultimate air sign, but Venus in Aquarius seems to correlate more (based on charts I've seen and their natives' stories) with there being something unusual about the native's appearance, or about their personal style. If a Venus in Aquarius person is beautiful, chances are they're beautiful in a very unique way. That might be due to deliberately quirky dressing and grooming on their part, or it might simply be how they're perceived. And that's if this Aquarian Venus is involved with their ascendant in any way. If it's not, then there's still little or no correlation between their Venus and their appearance.

And which sign the ascendant is in might say something about the native's general characteristics, but it doesn't determine whether they're seen as beautiful or not. That part has much more to do with aspects to the ascendant and placements in the first house.

Last edited by Osamenor; 03-26-2019 at 08:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 03-26-2019, 08:50 PM
Kingogkings717222 Kingogkings717222 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 30
Re: True or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Scorpio is also a very sensual sign, and it's a water sign. So, in a way, is Leo, which is fire. Pisces is the sign of Venus's exaltation, and it's another water sign.

Aquarius, meanwhile, is the ultimate air sign, but Venus in Aquarius seems to correlate more (based on charts I've seen and their natives' stories) with there being something unusual about the native's appearance, or about their personal style. If a Venus in Aquarius person is beautiful, chances are they're beautiful in a very unique way. That might be due to deliberately quirky dressing and grooming on their part, or it might simply be how they're perceived. And that's if this Aquarian Venus is involved with their ascendant in any way. If it's not, then there's still little or no correlation between their Venus and their appearance.

And which sign the ascendant is in might say something about the native's general characteristics, but it doesn't determine whether they're seen as beautiful or not. That part has much more to do with aspects to the ascendant and placements in the first house.
But that doesnt mean its a sensual sign. If it we're, it would be an earth sign, as earth signs are most sensual and because of that they rule sensuality and materialism.

Scorpio is the sign of sex, but not because its a sensual sign, but because its an emotional one. It being a sexual sign stems from it being emotional and from its emotional nature, not because its materialistic or sensual. I know thats not what the books may say but it is what it is.

Ive never heard anyone ever say Leo is a sensual or materialistic sign lol. As far as im aware of, Leo just represents self image, the ego, and pride. Nothing sensual about that. And many will tell you the same thing, so what does that tell you? Leo definitely isnt a sensual or sexual sign either.

Your logic makes no sense here. You're saying that an ascendant's aspects are all that matters when it comes to how ones physical appearance is determined and that the sign an ascendant is in doesnt at all have any say in that. This is the first time I've ever seen such backwards logic on this forum.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 03-26-2019, 09:10 PM
Lin Lin is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,209
Re: True or not?

SO much of the OP's assumptions are wrong....I can't even begin to untangle it.
And I don't have the time to explain astrology from page ONE.

Venus represents the individual's "definition" of what is attractive, desirable, beautiful, balanced, valuable - worth saving, owning, working for, dying for, sacrificing for - etc, etc.

Venus represents the definition. You have a definition of what is love or beauty to YOU but that has nothing to do with MY definition of love and beauty or value.

And as for aspects: I have seen many many charts of people who are very attractive, beautiful, etc who do not have great Venus aspects in their natal charts.

And speaking of "values", the 2nd house, it's ruler and planets tenanting it represents these same things. And that is true no matter what sign is on the house and what planet rules it...because it is Venus' natural house.

All this is Astrology 101.


LIN
__________________


"The universe does not care if it inconveniences you."

Last edited by Lin; 03-26-2019 at 09:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lin For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (03-27-2019)
  #14  
Unread 03-26-2019, 09:17 PM
Oddity's Avatar
Oddity Oddity is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,982
Re: True or not?

If you're looking at tradition, you're mixing up signs and planets here. Sun and Venus are the sexual planets. Signs are not sexual.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingogkings717222 View Post
But that doesnt mean its a sensual sign. If it we're, it would be an earth sign, as earth signs are most sensual and because of that they rule sensuality and materialism.

Scorpio is the sign of sex, but not because its a sensual sign, but because its an emotional one. It being a sexual sign stems from it being emotional and from its emotional nature, not because its materialistic or sensual. I know thats not what the books may say but it is what it is.

Ive never heard anyone ever say Leo is a sensual or materialistic sign lol. As far as im aware of, Leo just represents self image, the ego, and pride. Nothing sensual about that. And many will tell you the same thing, so what does that tell you? Leo definitely isnt a sensual or sexual sign either.

Your logic makes no sense here. You're saying that an ascendant's aspects are all that matters when it comes to how ones physical appearance is determined and that the sign an ascendant is in doesnt at all have any say in that. This is the first time I've ever seen such backwards logic on this forum.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oddity For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (03-27-2019)
  #15  
Unread 03-27-2019, 02:41 AM
Kingogkings717222 Kingogkings717222 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 30
Re: True or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
If you're looking at tradition, you're mixing up signs and planets here. Sun and Venus are the sexual planets. Signs are not sexual.
What? Well maybe traditional astrology states that somewhere but if we look at the evidence out there it becomes pretty obvious whats true and that's that earth rules materialism and thus sensuality and sexual things, water is opposite and rules the opposite which is spiritual things and thus spirituality itself.

Meaning sun isnt sexual at all. Venus kind of is though as its ruled somewhat by earth/sensual things/materialism. I wont deny that Scorpio (Pluto combined with mars) is the sign of sex, despite being a water sign. However it makes most sense for Scorpio to be a spiritual based sign than a materialistic one since it is a water sign and water is opposite materialism.

This means Scorpio must represent sex but not because its a sexual sign but because its a spiritual one...somehow. Not sure how that can be but it must be true going off of what I said before about what each element has rulership over.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 03-27-2019, 03:08 AM
Kingogkings717222 Kingogkings717222 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 30
Re: True or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin View Post
SO much of the OP's assumptions are wrong....I can't even begin to untangle it.
And I don't have the time to explain astrology from page ONE.

Venus represents the individual's "definition" of what is attractive, desirable, beautiful, balanced, valuable - worth saving, owning, working for, dying for, sacrificing for - etc, etc.

Venus represents the definition. You have a definition of what is love or beauty to YOU but that has nothing to do with MY definition of love and beauty or value.

And as for aspects: I have seen many many charts of people who are very attractive, beautiful, etc who do not have great Venus aspects in their natal charts.

And speaking of "values", the 2nd house, it's ruler and planets tenanting it represents these same things. And that is true no matter what sign is on the house and what planet rules it...because it is Venus' natural house.

All this is Astrology 101.


LIN
Your right about ones venus. However you nor anyone has proven how the idea that the more sensual and materialistic based an ascendant is, the more beautiful that Asc is by beauty standards is wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 03-27-2019, 04:18 AM
Lykanized's Avatar
Lykanized Lykanized is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: iamamiwhoami
Posts: 4,319
Re: True or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That said, my sense is that Venus sign doesn't make any difference in whether or not a person is beautiful, or seen as beautiful, but its aspects do. If Venus is in a harmonious aspect to the ascendant, or in conjunction with it, I think there's a greater chance that the native will be seen as beautiful. Adding other planets into the mix might affect that, though, so it's not Venus alone.
Do you think if someone has Venus squares and just one trine(Jupiter) and conjunction(MC), they're **** out of luck in the beauty department? My squares are to moon, Mars, AC
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 03-27-2019, 09:49 PM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,924
Re: True or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykanized View Post
Do you think if someone has Venus squares and just one trine(Jupiter) and conjunction(MC), they're **** out of luck in the beauty department? My squares are to moon, Mars, AC
Not necessarily. What's your rising sign?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
Lykanized (03-27-2019)
  #19  
Unread 03-27-2019, 11:41 PM
Billybobenson Billybobenson is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 10
Re: True or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykanized View Post
Do you think if someone has Venus squares and just one trine(Jupiter) and conjunction(MC), they're **** out of luck in the beauty department? My squares are to moon, Mars, AC
If youre trying to ask if any natal planet squaring ones ASC means they are less fitting in the standards of beauty/attractivness scale, then I have to say no.

ASC is the only thing that actually rules our looks, and how we look is reflected in every other configuration of our other placements in our chart.

Meaning no other planet/placement actually effects how we physically look other than our ASC, while our other natal planets are either just reflections of how beautiful we must be by the standard of beauty, or how we view beauty. This is by the way due to the way the zodiac works, seeing as every placement depends on every other placement to be what it is as it is, because your natal chart is only what it is because it is unique and only yours and no one will ever have the same natal chart as you, no matter what.

I guess that's where the beauty and magic of astrology lies, in it's underlying message and lessons.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 03-27-2019, 11:45 PM
Lykanized's Avatar
Lykanized Lykanized is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: iamamiwhoami
Posts: 4,319
Re: True or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Not necessarily. What's your rising sign?
Pray tell!

Virgo
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 03-28-2019, 12:07 AM
Billybobenson Billybobenson is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 10
Re: True or not?

I agree with Kingogkings717222. The more earthy or airy an ascendant is, the closer the ascendant then must be by the standard of beauty itself (venus, which is both air and earth).

Every personality planet determines how you think, those two planets that do that are mercury and moon. Merc + moon = inner self/personality.

Every other planet's condition in your chart is what it is to match your personality so that you are a balanced individual when you are created and living. And what this also guarantees that some of those other planets will in some way be symbolical reflections of who you are personality wise.

Meaning if your ASC is mostly earth and/or air, this will mean you WILL be physically on the closer side to the standard of beauty/standard of attractiveness (venus) in physical looks but also just in bodily mannerisms as well to match.

And if your ASC is indeed what I described it as above, then all of your planetary configurations will be exactly what they are to ensure you have the ASC you do, aspects and sign it is in considered as well, which will make you exactly who you are and who you'll be as a result of everything you'll ever do.

Last edited by Billybobenson; 03-28-2019 at 12:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 03-28-2019, 11:31 AM
Lykanized's Avatar
Lykanized Lykanized is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: iamamiwhoami
Posts: 4,319
Re: True or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
It's the ascendant that governs your appearance. Aspects to the ascendant modify it. So...if Venus aspects the ascendant, that will affect it more than if Venus is off in the sixth house.
I'll ask you your opinion too...
If Venus is in hard aspect(not conjunction) to the ascendant, what kind of effects do you think that might have? In my case it's a square. For me my Venus is in the 10th conjunct my MC so maybe that's more fortunate, but I'm still curious your pov
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 03-28-2019, 04:11 PM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,924
Re: True or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykanized View Post
Pray tell!

Virgo
Venus is not your ascendant ruler, then, and from what you described, it's not in your first house. I wouldn't expect it to have much to do with your appearance.

This Venus/ascendant/beauty idea is really just a theory I'm playing with, not something I'm holding out to be true. My theory is that if Venus is helping out the ascendant in some way, like a conjunction or trine or rulership, that might be a contributing factor in the native being seen as pleasant or pretty or both. That doesn't mean you're ugly if you don't have it.

If you've got Venus on your MC, though, that might also contribute to being seen as beautiful, or pleasant, or both. MC placements can have plenty to do with how we're seen.

I once had someone tell me, just from looking at my chart: "You are an oddball, but an oddball who gets along with people." Or maybe it was, "Others see you as an oddball..." One of those jaw droppingly true astrology moments.

I have Uranus (oddball) on my MC, in Libra (gets along with people). That is indeed what I am. Though maybe not such an oddball when most of the people I'm around are Uranian types themselves.

Last edited by Osamenor; 03-29-2019 at 12:53 AM. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
Lykanized (03-29-2019)
  #24  
Unread 03-29-2019, 12:43 AM
Lykanized's Avatar
Lykanized Lykanized is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: iamamiwhoami
Posts: 4,319
Re: True or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Venus is not your ascendant ruler, then, and from what you described, it's not in your first house. I wouldn't expect it to have much to do with your appearance.

This Venus/ascendant/beauty idea is really just a theory I'm playing with, not something I'm holding out to be true. My theory is that if Venus is helping out the ascendant in some way, like a conjunction or trine or rulership, that might be a contributing factor in the native being seen as pleasant or pretty or both. That doesn't mean you're ugly if you don't have it.

If you've got Venus on your MC, though, that might also contribute to being seen as beautiful, or pleasant, or both. MC placements can have plenty to do with how we're seen.

I once had someone tell me, just from looking at my chart: "You are an oddball, but an oddball who gets along with people." Or maybe it was, "Others see you as an oddball..." One of those jaw droppingly true astology moments.

I have Uranus (oddball) on my MC, in Libra (gets along with people). That is indeed what I am. Though maybe not such an oddball when most of the people I'm around are Uranian types themselves.
I had misconstrued what you were saying actually
I thought you meant that regardless of ruling sign, the ascendant in harmony with Venus will have an effect so then inharmonious aspects might have a negative effect



Haha, I'm a Uranian individual myself even tho it's not on any angle. I'm not sure I really have anything cooling the Uranian-ness tho since it forms such harsh aspects for me. I think it can be hard for others to take in the condition it's in in my chart since it can have a rough edge. It also happens to express itself in both my AC and MC
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lykanized For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (03-29-2019)
Reply

Tags
airy, ascendant, beautiful, earthy, true

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.