Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 03-25-2019, 09:13 AM

Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Which ayanamsa for sidereal?
Did tropical have ayanamsha?

Unread 03-25-2019, 09:18 AM

Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunConjunctUranus View Post
Did tropical have ayanamsha?
No, same degrees and Signs for everyone. Have to go now.
Unread 03-25-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
No, same degrees and Signs for everyone. Have to go now.
Dude, you never change. Boring.
Unread 03-25-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
I read that the word "prat" means *** in England. Which explains the meaning of the term "pratfall".
I didnít know prat meant a*ss! I just knew it was an insult, usually if someone has done something stupid.

Quote:
On a heavier note, I'm pretty much convinced that the definition of "death" itself will change in the context of the approaching Age of Aquarius. Currently, death makes EVERYONE a "loser". And, continuing to fight on knowing you're going to lose those you care about, and, your own life in the end, is an act of courage. I think Chiron tells us about the nature of heroism in the face of injury and loss.
Chiron is a great asteroid. The mythology/archetype is very heart-warmig. I like how you linked it to being courageous.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ukpoohbear For This Useful Post:
david starling (03-25-2019)
Unread 03-25-2019, 12:48 PM

After reading through some latest posts, i just want to say David, that your the least boring person on here. Your energys great.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrysalis For This Useful Post:
david starling (03-25-2019), Gemini888 (03-25-2019)
Unread 03-25-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
In Placidus, the M.C. and I.C. always mark the beginnings of the 10th and 4th Houses, just as the Asc. And Desc. mark the beginnings of the 1st and 7th. But, in Whole-sign, that's not the case. It's one or the other--Placidus or Whole-sign. Not both at once. Didn't mean to confuse you.
So how about a lot of planets on IC and none on MC? A private life everyone knows?

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Unread 03-25-2019, 02:25 PM

I'm becoming a private astrological counsellor for a friend. She ask questions that I could think of Tarot for. But I'm always in a position to provide the answer fast, so I have to turn to Horary. I'm not really familiar with Horary but I have done some mundane astrology so I'm using that knowledge on it. I use a mixture of trad and modern rules for my Horary reading. No out-of-sign and minor aspect, but outer planets are allowed.

So now I'm in debate with myself whether Horary or Tarot is better. Horary can provide fast answers but Tarot allows more intuition. Other than that, they're pretty much the same

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Unread 03-25-2019, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini888 View Post
So how about a lot of planets on IC and none on MC? A private life everyone knows?
It should mean that a big part of your life is in the private realms that nobody knows about if you buy into the premise that the fourth house is a private house nobody knows anything about.

Y
The Following User Says Thank You to ynnest For This Useful Post:
Gemini888 (03-25-2019)
Unread 03-25-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynnest View Post
It should mean that a big part of your life is in the private realms that nobody knows about if you buy into the premise that the fourth house is a private house nobody knows anything about.

Y
Granted that the planets are in the fourth house and not conjunct ic from the third house, even though one could say that they also form an opposition to the public mc which should make it more in public light and so on.

Y
Unread 03-25-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:

So now I'm in debate with myself whether Horary or Tarot is better. Horary can provide fast answers but Tarot allows more intuition. Other than that, they're pretty much the same
Why don't you combine both.

Thats my gemini moon for you lol...always wants to do more than one thing at once.

Seriously though, combining both, would give a different perspective.
Unread 03-25-2019, 04:06 PM

Quote:
In 12/12, Sun in Aries is Sense of Purpose. Mars is Exalted in Scorpio, and therefore would take over H8 for its own abrasive purposes.
I could certainly feel that
I've said before I should pay more attention to transits, but I don't think I want to. I prefer to let things unfold naturally and to look in retrospect what was going on. This harsh period of feeling like... I had regressed in my growth certainly aligned. of course what follows is a period of even greater growth, that on brand 8th house transformation, tho occurring in a way that feels like I'm at war with myself and something bestial arises
The Following User Says Thank You to Lykanized For This Useful Post:
david starling (03-25-2019)
Unread 03-26-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
Why don't you combine both.

Thats my gemini moon for you lol...always wants to do more than one thing at once.

Seriously though, combining both, would give a different perspective.
Thanks Chry I'll take your advice. Btw do you do horary too? If so can you share some technique here? Like is it true that when the Asc is too late the question will have to wait? And you can only ask once for a day? Recently I was in a position to do two horary questions that were only less than 30 minutes apart. Fortunately the planets kind of moved to another house when the second question was asked so I could still extract some information.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemini888 For This Useful Post:
Chrysalis (03-26-2019)
Unread 03-26-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Thanks Chry I'll take your advice. Btw do you do horary too? If so can you share some technique here? Like is it true that when the Asc is too late the question will have to wait? And you can only ask once for a day? Recently I was in a position to do two horary questions that were only less than 30 minutes apart. Fortunately the planets kind of moved to another house when the second question was asked so I could still extract some information.
Yes with regards to astrology, i started off with horary...i like to do things back to front lol.

If the Asc is late, i personally still read the chart. But it usually means the answer to the question is already known and there is nothing you can do. The charts still readable though.

Ive done horary readings for people before, and have answered different questions within 30min time frames. If the Asc is the same, your still going to get different answers as the questions are different, so your looking at different significators. Or the Asc will have changed sign.

Im now slowly but surely studying natal....as i REALLY want to get into synastry more...oh the joys of being me
Gemini888 (03-28-2019)
Unread 03-27-2019, 04:32 AM

There was an exact Moon/Jupiter conjunction about an hour ago, in tropical Sagittarius. I started feeling cheerful for no apparent reason, considering it's the same snafu as usual.
Where I'm located, the Asc went into Sagittarius at the same time.

Last edited by david starling; 03-27-2019 at 04:36 AM.
Unread 03-27-2019, 07:38 AM

....and I opted for the XL cheeseburger with extra fries 😆
Unread 03-27-2019, 07:43 PM

Some of us have very high E.Q.s, which is a great asset when it comes to practicing astrology. It's confusing to those with lower E.Q.s.
Unread 03-27-2019, 08:56 PM

I understand the reasoning but Iím not sure EQ is the reason because those who are less rude or confrontational can still have a low EQ, whereas someone who acts disruptive can still have a high EQ. Plenty of people can exist under the radar and be pulling strings to elicit a reaction.

This reasoning is based on my current preoccupation with why displaying strong emotions are disliked.

Mercury in Pisces is stationing to go direct today, I think Chrysalis has Moon in Gemini, so makes sense she has taken a hit.

David Starling has at least Mars in Pisces that I know of, he has taken a hit.

Last edited by Ukpoohbear; 03-27-2019 at 08:59 PM.
david starling (03-27-2019)
Unread 03-27-2019, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
I understand the reasoning but Iím not sure EQ is the reason because those who are less rude or confrontational can still have a low EQ, whereas someone who acts disruptive can still have a high EQ. Plenty of people can exist under the radar and be pulling strings to elicit a reaction.

This reasoning is based on my current preoccupation with why displaying strong emotions are disliked.

Mercury in Pisces is stationing to go direct today, I think Chrysalis has Moon in Gemini, so makes sense she has taken a hit.

David Starling has at least Mars in Pisces that I know of, he has taken a hit.
You're right. High E.Q. can be used to target people's vulnerabilities, for good or for ill.
Unread 03-27-2019, 09:29 PM

Quote:
You're right. High E.Q. can be used to target people's vulnerabilities, for good or for ill.
Yeah exactly, very succinctly said.
david starling (03-27-2019)
Unread 03-27-2019, 11:10 PM

Quote:
I've had false awakenings, which could be either good or bad. I've had a few experiences with sleep paralysis as well, which were never good.
Sleep paralysis has become such a routine occurrence for me that I sometimes remember in the middle of the day that I experienced it on the previous night. This happens to me with "precognition"/deja vu. Makes me wonder how much of those instances of "remembrance" that aren't impressionable enough to reach surface consciousness.
Unread 03-27-2019, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Sleep paralysis has become such a routine occurrence for me that I sometimes remember in the middle of the day that I experienced it on the previous night. This happens to me with "precognition"/deja vu. Makes me wonder how much of those instances of "remembrance" that aren't impressionable enough to reach surface consciousness.
Have you noticed any transit patterns relating to when you have them? I had a brutal, physical, fighting dream a few days ago (I was attacked, and responded in kind) and attribute it to Mars in Taurus trine Pluto in Capricorn. In the dream, I was invincible. My recent SR has Pluto in my H4, and I was being attacked in my own home.

Last edited by david starling; 03-27-2019 at 11:44 PM.
Unread 03-27-2019, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Have you noticed any transit patterns relating to when you have them? I had a brutal, physical, fighting dream a few days ago (I was attacked, and responded in kind) and attribute it to Mars in Taurus trine Pluto in Capricorn. In the dream, I was invincible.
I haven't kept track of the transits when I get sleep paralysis in any long term or systematic way, especially since it's fairly commonplace in my life although it tends to come and go in seasons. I do remember a particularly interesting dream about meeting a Fiery Oxen deity and on the time of awakening there was a Moon/Mercury conjunction on my IC in Aries.

Was Mars pinging your chart by any chance? Perhaps your Saturn or Aquarius Stuff?
Unread 03-28-2019, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Have you noticed any transit patterns relating to when you have them? I had a brutal, physical, fighting dream a few days ago (I was attacked, and responded in kind) and attribute it to Mars in Taurus trine Pluto in Capricorn. In the dream, I was invincible. My recent SR has Pluto in my H4, and I was being attacked in my own home.
Added this in^. Saturn is conjunct Pluto, which I consider an inimical situation. Can't remember who was involved in the fight, unfortunately.
Unread 03-28-2019, 01:49 AM

Is it possible for me to change my nickname to Ptolemy, or Ptolemyfan?
Unread 03-28-2019, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post
Is it possible for me to change my nickname to Ptolemy, or Ptolemyfan?
Probably not, but PM Osamenor and ask.