Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Ukpoohbear

I understand the reasoning but I’m not sure EQ is the reason because those who are less rude or confrontational can still have a low EQ, whereas someone who acts disruptive can still have a high EQ. Plenty of people can exist under the radar and be pulling strings to elicit a reaction.

This reasoning is based on my current preoccupation with why displaying strong emotions are disliked.

Mercury in Pisces is stationing to go direct today, I think Chrysalis has Moon in Gemini, so makes sense she has taken a hit.

David Starling has at least Mars in Pisces that I know of, he has taken a hit.

Last edited:

david starling

I understand the reasoning but I’m not sure EQ is the reason because those who are less rude or confrontational can still have a low EQ, whereas someone who acts disruptive can still have a high EQ. Plenty of people can exist under the radar and be pulling strings to elicit a reaction.

This reasoning is based on my current preoccupation with why displaying strong emotions are disliked.

Mercury in Pisces is stationing to go direct today, I think Chrysalis has Moon in Gemini, so makes sense she has taken a hit.

You're right. High E.Q. can be used to target people's vulnerabilities, for good or for ill.

conspiracy theorist

I've had false awakenings, which could be either good or bad. I've had a few experiences with sleep paralysis as well, which were never good.

Sleep paralysis has become such a routine occurrence for me that I sometimes remember in the middle of the day that I experienced it on the previous night. This happens to me with "precognition"/deja vu. Makes me wonder how much of those instances of "remembrance" that aren't impressionable enough to reach surface consciousness.

david starling

Sleep paralysis has become such a routine occurrence for me that I sometimes remember in the middle of the day that I experienced it on the previous night. This happens to me with "precognition"/deja vu. Makes me wonder how much of those instances of "remembrance" that aren't impressionable enough to reach surface consciousness.

Have you noticed any transit patterns relating to when you have them? I had a brutal, physical, fighting dream a few days ago (I was attacked, and responded in kind) and attribute it to Mars in Taurus trine Pluto in Capricorn. In the dream, I was invincible. My recent SR has Pluto in my H4, and I was being attacked in my own home.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Have you noticed any transit patterns relating to when you have them? I had a brutal, physical, fighting dream a few days ago (I was attacked, and responded in kind) and attribute it to Mars in Taurus trine Pluto in Capricorn. In the dream, I was invincible.

I haven't kept track of the transits when I get sleep paralysis in any long term or systematic way, especially since it's fairly commonplace in my life although it tends to come and go in seasons. I do remember a particularly interesting dream about meeting a Fiery Oxen deity and on the time of awakening there was a Moon/Mercury conjunction on my IC in Aries.

Was Mars pinging your chart by any chance? Perhaps your Saturn or Aquarius Stuff?

david starling

Have you noticed any transit patterns relating to when you have them? I had a brutal, physical, fighting dream a few days ago (I was attacked, and responded in kind) and attribute it to Mars in Taurus trine Pluto in Capricorn. In the dream, I was invincible. My recent SR has Pluto in my H4, and I was being attacked in my own home.

Added this in^. Saturn is conjunct Pluto, which I consider an inimical situation. Can't remember who was involved in the fight, unfortunately.

Gemini888

Yes with regards to astrology, i started off with horary...i like to do things back to front lol.

If the Asc is late, i personally still read the chart. But it usually means the answer to the question is already known and there is nothing you can do. The charts still readable though.

Ive done horary readings for people before, and have answered different questions within 30min time frames. If the Asc is the same, your still going to get different answers as the questions are different, so your looking at different significators. Or the Asc will have changed sign.

Im now slowly but surely studying natal....as i REALLY want to get into synastry more...oh the joys of being me :lol:

Funny how you started with Horary first. I thought everyone started with Natal :sideways:

I seem to notice that horary is better for instant gratification, like very specific questions that need answers within a day. Although both horary and tarot are effective in their own ways, questions that are open-ended or take time to unfold, like which next job decision to take, are more effective with tarot, AND when the querent respects the reader and the deck. Horary doesn't require the same respect, but in tarot when the querent doesn't take the reader seriously the reading can fail.

I just did some tarot readings for some acquaintances to get myself some exposure. One man didn't take tarot seriously. He has a shop and half-heartedly asked what to do to get more money, and I did the Celtic spread with my RWS. He picked the cards quickly without any thinking. He didn't give me much background to work on so my reading was very vague, but I did manage to get from the deck that his ultimate goal was to maintain a happy family, and he didn't need to worry too much about money in the first place. There was also that reserved Lover card there which I predicted to be a struggle between two choices, but I couldn't make out what it is because I didn't have any context around his question.

Some cards were messed up in that spread (made no sense). I have a feeling my deck tried really hard to understand the problem and get over the disrespect too. I was working with my RWS which is much of a people-pleaser. If I had been working with my Thoth, which subtly demands respect, it would have intentionally messed things up as a response to the disrespect :rightful:

Last edited:

Gemini888

Some of us have very high E.Q.s, which is a great asset when it comes to practicing astrology. It's confusing to those with lower E.Q.s.

I want to continue the discussion about EQ. David brought about a good point about EQ being an asset of astrologers. Doing astrology (or as I discovered recently, tarot) requires a level of understanding about human mind. Without at least some basic knowledge about psychology, I don't think I'm able to make sense of all the symbolism. After all you are the messenger of the sky, you have to know how to deliver the message to other people. It's very much like Hermes having to translate messages of the God to the human beings. Hermes has to understand human beings to help them understand the message in human language.

As for Mercury, it conjuncted my Saturn which square natal Mercury, so I also took a hit.

Chrysalis

My profile page is so venus in Libra friendly :love:

I've always been the same, even if i lived on the streets in a cardboard box, id still make it look nice.

CapAquaPis

The yellow vest protests in France, a county long accustomed to violent and massive demonstrations (years 1944, 1958, 1968, 1981, 1995 and 2005 come to mind, is it an astrological cycle that affects the French?) They are working class French people who protest for economic justice and oppose president Emmanuel Macron's policies.

Gemini888

The yellow vest protests in France, a county long accustomed to violent and massive demonstrations (years 1944, 1958, 1968, 1981, 1995 and 2005 come to mind, is it an astrological cycle that affects the French?) They are working class French people who protest for economic justice and oppose president Emmanuel Macron's policies.
Without doing any reading, I would say the French like to demonstrate. There is this mindset within the culture that allows the aggressive expression of the self. So if there's anyone opposing to something, they will find a way to gather people around for a demonstration. It's so bad that visitors are supposed to check out whether there is a strike somewhere to arrange their route.

So if we want to look for an astrological pattern, I would suggest doing that in conjunction to analyzing French's own birth chart.