Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat > Hot topic arena

Hot topic arena As the title suggest, this sub-board is dedicated to non-astrological talks on interesting, important or controversial topics.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Unread 03-27-2020, 10:27 PM
Chrysalis's Avatar
Chrysalis Chrysalis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Do not disturb
Posts: 6,750
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Speaking of introverts is there a name for rebellious introverts? Up until this pandemic, I've always classed myself as an introvert, but now I'm actually being told to stay indoors, I want to go outdoors?

__________________
Y@ur 3ner9y intr@duc3s 7ou B3fore y@u even sp3@k
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Unread 03-27-2020, 10:34 PM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 5,956
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
Speaking of introverts is there a name for rebellious introverts? Up until this pandemic, I've always classed myself as an introvert, but now I'm actually being told to stay indoors, I want to go outdoors?
Forbidden fruit is always sweeter, as they say.
__________________
Yoga essentially means progressing from being just a piece of creation to becoming the creator yourself. It is very unwise to think of Yoga as a set of mere contortions of the human body. Sadhguru
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aquarius7000 For This Useful Post:
Chrysalis (03-27-2020)
  #28  
Unread 03-27-2020, 10:39 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 22,445
Smile Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
Speaking of introverts is there a name for rebellious introverts? Up until this pandemic, I've always classed myself as an introvert, but now I'm actually being told to stay indoors, I want to go outdoors?
It's less crowded out there, since most of the natural extroverts are obediently "sheltering in place". Much nicer outdoor environment for a natural introvert!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 03-27-2020, 10:43 PM
Chrysalis's Avatar
Chrysalis Chrysalis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Do not disturb
Posts: 6,750
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
It's less crowded out there, since most of the natural extroverts are obediently "sheltering in place". Much nicer outdoor environment for a natural introvert!
I like how you say "obediently" the strange thing is the extroverts I know of are the most obedient ones during all this. I have an acquaintance across the road from me, she is usually so extroverted but with all this going on, she's been the most compliant. Interesting.
__________________
Y@ur 3ner9y intr@duc3s 7ou B3fore y@u even sp3@k
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Unread 03-27-2020, 11:03 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 22,445
Smile Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
I like how you say "obediently" the strange thing is the extroverts I know of are the most obedient ones during all this. I have an acquaintance across the road from me, she is usually so extroverted but with all this going on, she's been the most compliant. Interesting.
I think that most extroverts are socially oriented, and are attuned to what the social hierarchy expects of people. Whereas, introverts are usually more individualistic, and prefer to go their own way.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
aquarius7000 (03-27-2020)
  #31  
Unread 03-27-2020, 11:05 PM
Chrysalis's Avatar
Chrysalis Chrysalis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Do not disturb
Posts: 6,750
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
I think that most extroverts are socially oriented, and are attuned to what the social hierarchy expects of people. Whereas, introverts are usually more individualistic, and prefer to go their own way.
Well said David, I applaud you.
__________________
Y@ur 3ner9y intr@duc3s 7ou B3fore y@u even sp3@k
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chrysalis For This Useful Post:
david starling (03-27-2020)
  #32  
Unread 03-28-2020, 06:48 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,649
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

MayBe we have to live with this or thru this for a long time. In this case I feel the economic system will need to change to live or get thru this.

At the moment the only thing we can do is play it by ear. So once we finish playing it by ear and realise itís not going away things will have to change starting with the economic system
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hkk For This Useful Post:
aquarius7000 (03-28-2020)
  #33  
Unread 03-28-2020, 10:40 PM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 5,956
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
MayBe we have to live with this or thru this for a long time. In this case I feel the economic system will need to change to live or get thru this.

At the moment the only thing we can do is play it by ear. So once we finish playing it by ear and realise itís not going away things will have to change starting with the economic system
Not just the whole economic system will need to change, but I feel the entire thinking of mankind, this feeling of might is right that man essentially lives by and abuses it in so many ways - from little things like all this plastic, etc stuff we have been using completely mindlessly and out of convenience - without a thought about what we are doing to this beautiful world we live in, how we are so recklessly harming our environment and hurting all the other beings in it. How seeing monetary gain in everything has completely dominated the minds of our leaders and most everybody governed by them. And how that leads us to so much destruction in so many ways. I think for our own selfishness - will to survive - will need a complete overhaul.

Only, seeing some even today, I am not sure this coronavirus will do it. Unfortunately, I feel there is much more intense morbidity to come. We have had many, many warnings in the form of many tsunamis, SARS 1, etc, but look where we are today. Nature knows how to become the voice of those that cannot speak and deal with us, each time more painfully and severely, and we deserve it.
__________________
Yoga essentially means progressing from being just a piece of creation to becoming the creator yourself. It is very unwise to think of Yoga as a set of mere contortions of the human body. Sadhguru
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Unread 03-28-2020, 10:44 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 22,445
Smile Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
Not just the whole economic system will need to change, but I feel the entire thinking of mankind, this feeling of might is right that man essentially lives by and abuses it in so many ways - from little things like all this plastic, etc stuff we have been using completely mindlessly and out of convenience - without a thought about what we are doing to this beautiful world we live in, how we are so recklessly harming our environment and hurting all the other beings in it. How seeing monetary gain in everything has completely dominated the minds of our leaders and most everybody governed by them. And how that leads us to so much destruction in so many ways. I think for our own selfishness - will to survive - will need a complete overhaul.

Only, seeing some even today, I am not sure this coronavirus will do it. Unfortunately, I feel there is much more intense morbidity to come. We have had many, many warnings in the form of many tsunamis, SARS 1, etc, but look where we are today. Nature knows how to become the voice of those that cannot speak and deal with us, each time more painfully and severely, and we deserve it.
It's difficult for many, especially those afflicted with a need for wealth and power, to realize that the Earth is a living, sentient entity, upon which we depend for our survival as a species.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Unread 03-28-2020, 10:52 PM
Chrysalis's Avatar
Chrysalis Chrysalis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Do not disturb
Posts: 6,750
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

I was walking down my road today to the local corner store, and three times people were walking up towards me on the same side, but beforehand crossed the road to walk on the other side.

I think we have been programmed now to always act like this.
__________________
Y@ur 3ner9y intr@duc3s 7ou B3fore y@u even sp3@k
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrysalis For This Useful Post:
aquarius7000 (03-29-2020), Opal (04-01-2020)
  #36  
Unread 03-29-2020, 02:14 AM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 5,956
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
It's difficult for many, especially those afflicted with a need for wealth and power, to realize that the Earth is a living, sentient entity, upon which we depend for our survival as a species.
Then I would say let us stop looking at such people. Let us each start with our own selves and expand outwardly - from us to our children, parents, siblings, family, friends, wider social circle. Otherwise, we are just looking for ways to shirk that very critical responsibility and pass the buck / responsibility on to others. After all, we to partake of this nature's beauty and everything in it. The real problem lies in the highly individualistic attitudes we have developed in this modern world, where as long as everything is fine with me and my immediate family (sometimes we don't even care about family) who cares about society, the environment... It is for somebody else to worry about. We have to all develop an inclusive attitude. Think about what I do - how will that effect others, not just my own kids and family. It is not an impossible task if at least some of us start.

A small e.g. is if people stopped using plastic bags and cutlery as much as possible, its demand will reduce. Demand controls supply and that controls the amounts to be produced or manufactured.
__________________
Yoga essentially means progressing from being just a piece of creation to becoming the creator yourself. It is very unwise to think of Yoga as a set of mere contortions of the human body. Sadhguru
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Unread 03-29-2020, 02:18 AM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,648
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

I am learning to use Patience.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Opal For This Useful Post:
aquarius7000 (03-29-2020)
  #38  
Unread 03-29-2020, 03:35 PM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 5,956
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
I am learning to use Patience.
Yes, very correct. It is also teaching us to discover our own selves and really getting to know our family because if you notice - there is very very little right now to distract us from ourselves and our families.

Yesterday, after getting so fed up of TV and Internet Surfing, I actually thought, let me do my eyes a favour and give them a break from all this screen time. Let me go to the state library close by and get a book or two and do some old-fashioned (so to say) quality reading. Then realised, wait a min., can't do that even.

Also learning to really be content with what we have.
__________________
Yoga essentially means progressing from being just a piece of creation to becoming the creator yourself. It is very unwise to think of Yoga as a set of mere contortions of the human body. Sadhguru
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aquarius7000 For This Useful Post:
Opal (04-01-2020)
  #39  
Unread 03-29-2020, 04:23 PM
eekndyn eekndyn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
It's difficult for many, especially those afflicted with a need for wealth and power, to realize that the Earth is a living, sentient entity, upon which we depend for our survival as a species.
I have been documenting a sad but materialistic reality. Amazon has been building there prime air hub <2 miles from my home. They cleared out generation of farm/forest land for said project. To cater to peoples one click ease of purchasing. Upon clearing this land, many bald eagles, deer and every creature had to relocate. They blast the earth 2x's m-f @1:50 & 5:20. It shakes our whole county and affecting many homes within its radius. Its opened my eyes that we living materialistic reality and those with wealth and power r**p**g the earth.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eekndyn For This Useful Post:
aquarius7000 (03-29-2020), Opal (04-01-2020)
  #40  
Unread 03-29-2020, 04:27 PM
passiflora's Avatar
passiflora passiflora is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by eekndyn View Post
I have been documenting a sad but materialistic reality. Amazon has been building there prime air hub <2 miles from my home. They cleared out generation of farm/forest land for said project. To cater to peoples one click ease of purchasing. Upon clearing this land, many bald eagles, deer and every creature had to relocate. They blast the earth 2x's m-f @1:50 & 5:20. It shakes our whole county and affecting many homes within its radius. Its opened my eyes that we living materialistic reality and those with wealth and power r**p**g the earth.

Oh eekndyn. That is really concerning when the new normal will be even more disconnected from the earth than the old normal.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to passiflora For This Useful Post:
Opal (04-01-2020)
  #41  
Unread 03-29-2020, 05:06 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by eekndyn View Post
I have been documenting a sad but materialistic reality. Amazon has been building there prime air hub <2 miles from my home. They cleared out generation of farm/forest land for said project. To cater to peoples one click ease of purchasing. Upon clearing this land, many bald eagles, deer and every creature had to relocate. They blast the earth 2x's m-f @1:50 & 5:20. It shakes our whole county and affecting many homes within its radius. Its opened my eyes that we living materialistic reality and those with wealth and power r**p**g the earth.
Thatís pure evil and you knocked the nail on the head when you say they are Ríing our earth 🌍
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Unread 03-29-2020, 06:30 PM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 5,956
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

We can also see and hope that countries with big GDP's might now realise that perhaps their priorities have not been correct? That they clearly are not prepared to provide their people with basic treatment during such epidemics. That they have to be humble enough to ask for help...
__________________
Yoga essentially means progressing from being just a piece of creation to becoming the creator yourself. It is very unwise to think of Yoga as a set of mere contortions of the human body. Sadhguru
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Unread 03-31-2020, 12:52 AM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 5,956
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

On a regular day, I would have been at the gym and would been to the movies at the weekend.

Life is showing me how temporary and almost useless most things are around which our lives revolve... movies, malls, gym, restaurants and whatnot... It is as though we are being reprogrammed
__________________
Yoga essentially means progressing from being just a piece of creation to becoming the creator yourself. It is very unwise to think of Yoga as a set of mere contortions of the human body. Sadhguru
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Unread 04-01-2020, 06:11 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,649
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Itís shown me that some people wonít change. Ever. Like my nosy neighbours and how they really feel about us!

Anyway Iíve also learned to appreciate the outside more.

When we are allowed to go back to normal I feel we will reprogramme.

Itís strange but I was watching the tv Ianís someone touched each other and for a slight second I thought what are they doing!! Then I realised number one itís pre-recorded and two itís normal l

Then i was told a story and part of the story was touching and again for a slight second I though touching? What!!

It made me realise how programmed we do get
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hkk For This Useful Post:
Opal (04-01-2020)
  #45  
Unread 04-06-2020, 01:51 AM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 5,956
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

I understand the fact that COVID has the entire world in its grip, this is a collective karmic cycle of humanity, the karma being the abuse of Mother Nature, the greed that made us completely oblivious of other sentient beings' pain (slaughterhouses, wet markets, over breeding for our consumption), over consumption on the whole- which gave rise to crime, etc. It is cry for us to return to simple living and a more inclusive world- treating this world as one big family. This should actually not be so difficult to understand, but because we have wandered so far away, perhaps this sounds too out of reach or philosophical.
__________________
Yoga essentially means progressing from being just a piece of creation to becoming the creator yourself. It is very unwise to think of Yoga as a set of mere contortions of the human body. Sadhguru
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Unread 04-06-2020, 08:38 AM
Sweet Pea's Avatar
Sweet Pea Sweet Pea is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 453
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

It feels like a planetary initiation to me. When we don't collectively evolve, the universe sends an agent (by whatever means) to force the issue. We now stand still at a crossroads, invited to choose a different road to the one we were on. When you can't indulge in your normal habits, they lose their grip on you and then you have a kind of inner spaciousness where you have a wide choice of paths going forward.

This is a really good piece of writing from Paul Levy "The Coronavirus contains its own medicine". There is also a very good 'message from covid-19' in the comments if you scroll right down.

https://www.awakeninthedream.com/art...s-own-medicine
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Pea For This Useful Post:
david starling (04-06-2020)
  #47  
Unread 04-07-2020, 12:50 AM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 5,956
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
It feels like a planetary initiation to me. When we don't collectively evolve, the universe sends an agent (by whatever means) to force the issue. We now stand still at a crossroads, invited to choose a different road to the one we were on. When you can't indulge in your normal habits, they lose their grip on you and then you have a kind of inner spaciousness where you have a wide choice of paths going forward.

This is a really good piece of writing from Paul Levy "The Coronavirus contains its own medicine". There is also a very good 'message from covid-19' in the comments if you scroll right down.

https://www.awakeninthedream.com/art...s-own-medicine
Thank you and very close to what i said. This is what I also meant - collective karmic cycle. I believe wholeheartedly in the concept of karma - our actions will have adequate repercussions accordingly. And Covid is the repercussion. I do believe in a Higher Vibration - the OM. The deep message as mentioned in a previous post is to set us back, to show that we over did it all in every way - with the materialistic pursuits. The throw back and locking us in is to force us to introspect without too many distractions that we are so used to otherwise, find our centre again and re programme our consciousness. (now we can make ourselves feel better by saying we are safe at home, and are not caged up, but we are by today's standards)
__________________
Yoga essentially means progressing from being just a piece of creation to becoming the creator yourself. It is very unwise to think of Yoga as a set of mere contortions of the human body. Sadhguru

Last edited by aquarius7000; 04-07-2020 at 03:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aquarius7000 For This Useful Post:
Sweet Pea (04-19-2020)
  #48  
Unread 04-07-2020, 08:48 PM
Chrysalis's Avatar
Chrysalis Chrysalis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Do not disturb
Posts: 6,750
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

I've just learned that there is an actual asteroid called "Wuhan".

https://demetra-george.com/blog/asteroid-wuhan/
__________________
Y@ur 3ner9y intr@duc3s 7ou B3fore y@u even sp3@k
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Unread 04-07-2020, 11:24 PM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 5,956
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
I've just learned that there is an actual asteroid called "Wuhan".

https://demetra-george.com/blog/asteroid-wuhan/
Wow this is interesting and a bit uncanny as well.
Thanks for sharing
__________________
Yoga essentially means progressing from being just a piece of creation to becoming the creator yourself. It is very unwise to think of Yoga as a set of mere contortions of the human body. Sadhguru
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Unread 04-08-2020, 10:45 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
Then I would say let us stop looking at such people. Let us each start with our own selves and expand outwardly - from us to our children, parents, siblings, family, friends, wider social circle. Otherwise, we are just looking for ways to shirk that very critical responsibility and pass the buck / responsibility on to others. After all, we to partake of this nature's beauty and everything in it. The real problem lies in the highly individualistic attitudes we have developed in this modern world, where as long as everything is fine with me and my immediate family (sometimes we don't even care about family) who cares about society, the environment... It is for somebody else to worry about. We have to all develop an inclusive attitude. Think about what I do - how will that effect others, not just my own kids and family. It is not an impossible task if at least some of us start.

A small e.g. is if people stopped using plastic bags and cutlery as much as possible, its demand will reduce. Demand controls supply and that controls the amounts to be produced or manufactured.
Stopping eating meat would help the environment immensely.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ukpoohbear For This Useful Post:
aquarius7000 (04-09-2020)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.