Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat > Hot topic arena

Hot topic arena As the title suggest, this sub-board is dedicated to non-astrological talks on interesting, important or controversial topics.

Unread 03-27-2020, 10:27 PM

Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Speaking of introverts is there a name for rebellious introverts? Up until this pandemic, I've always classed myself as an introvert, but now I'm actually being told to stay indoors, I want to go outdoors?

Unread 03-27-2020, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
Speaking of introverts is there a name for rebellious introverts? Up until this pandemic, I've always classed myself as an introvert, but now I'm actually being told to stay indoors, I want to go outdoors?
Forbidden fruit is always sweeter, as they say.
Chrysalis (03-27-2020)
Unread 03-27-2020, 10:39 PM

Smile Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
It's less crowded out there, since most of the natural extroverts are obediently "sheltering in place". Much nicer outdoor environment for a natural introvert!
Unread 03-27-2020, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
It's less crowded out there, since most of the natural extroverts are obediently "sheltering in place". Much nicer outdoor environment for a natural introvert!
I like how you say "obediently" the strange thing is the extroverts I know of are the most obedient ones during all this. I have an acquaintance across the road from me, she is usually so extroverted but with all this going on, she's been the most compliant. Interesting.
Unread 03-27-2020, 11:03 PM

Quote:
I like how you say "obediently" the strange thing is the extroverts I know of are the most obedient ones during all this. I have an acquaintance across the road from me, she is usually so extroverted but with all this going on, she's been the most compliant. Interesting.
I think that most extroverts are socially oriented, and are attuned to what the social hierarchy expects of people. Whereas, introverts are usually more individualistic, and prefer to go their own way.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
aquarius7000 (03-27-2020)
Unread 03-27-2020, 11:05 PM

Quote:
I think that most extroverts are socially oriented, and are attuned to what the social hierarchy expects of people. Whereas, introverts are usually more individualistic, and prefer to go their own way.
Well said David, I applaud you.
david starling (03-27-2020)
Unread 03-28-2020, 06:48 PM
Account Closed

MayBe we have to live with this or thru this for a long time. In this case I feel the economic system will need to change to live or get thru this.

At the moment the only thing we can do is play it by ear. So once we finish playing it by ear and realise itís not going away things will have to change starting with the economic system
The Following User Says Thank You to Hkk For This Useful Post:
aquarius7000 (03-28-2020)
Unread 03-28-2020, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
MayBe we have to live with this or thru this for a long time. In this case I feel the economic system will need to change to live or get thru this.

At the moment the only thing we can do is play it by ear. So once we finish playing it by ear and realise itís not going away things will have to change starting with the economic system
Not just the whole economic system will need to change, but I feel the entire thinking of mankind, this feeling of might is right that man essentially lives by and abuses it in so many ways - from little things like all this plastic, etc stuff we have been using completely mindlessly and out of convenience - without a thought about what we are doing to this beautiful world we live in, how we are so recklessly harming our environment and hurting all the other beings in it. How seeing monetary gain in everything has completely dominated the minds of our leaders and most everybody governed by them. And how that leads us to so much destruction in so many ways. I think for our own selfishness - will to survive - will need a complete overhaul.

Only, seeing some even today, I am not sure this coronavirus will do it. Unfortunately, I feel there is much more intense morbidity to come. We have had many, many warnings in the form of many tsunamis, SARS 1, etc, but look where we are today. Nature knows how to become the voice of those that cannot speak and deal with us, each time more painfully and severely, and we deserve it.
Unread 03-28-2020, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
Not just the whole economic system will need to change, but I feel the entire thinking of mankind, this feeling of might is right that man essentially lives by and abuses it in so many ways - from little things like all this plastic, etc stuff we have been using completely mindlessly and out of convenience - without a thought about what we are doing to this beautiful world we live in, how we are so recklessly harming our environment and hurting all the other beings in it. How seeing monetary gain in everything has completely dominated the minds of our leaders and most everybody governed by them. And how that leads us to so much destruction in so many ways. I think for our own selfishness - will to survive - will need a complete overhaul.

Only, seeing some even today, I am not sure this coronavirus will do it. Unfortunately, I feel there is much more intense morbidity to come. We have had many, many warnings in the form of many tsunamis, SARS 1, etc, but look where we are today. Nature knows how to become the voice of those that cannot speak and deal with us, each time more painfully and severely, and we deserve it.
It's difficult for many, especially those afflicted with a need for wealth and power, to realize that the Earth is a living, sentient entity, upon which we depend for our survival as a species.
Unread 03-28-2020, 10:52 PM

I was walking down my road today to the local corner store, and three times people were walking up towards me on the same side, but beforehand crossed the road to walk on the other side.

I think we have been programmed now to always act like this.
aquarius7000 (03-29-2020), Opal (04-01-2020)
Unread 03-29-2020, 02:14 AM

Quote:
It's difficult for many, especially those afflicted with a need for wealth and power, to realize that the Earth is a living, sentient entity, upon which we depend for our survival as a species.
Then I would say let us stop looking at such people. Let us each start with our own selves and expand outwardly - from us to our children, parents, siblings, family, friends, wider social circle. Otherwise, we are just looking for ways to shirk that very critical responsibility and pass the buck / responsibility on to others. After all, we to partake of this nature's beauty and everything in it. The real problem lies in the highly individualistic attitudes we have developed in this modern world, where as long as everything is fine with me and my immediate family (sometimes we don't even care about family) who cares about society, the environment... It is for somebody else to worry about. We have to all develop an inclusive attitude. Think about what I do - how will that effect others, not just my own kids and family. It is not an impossible task if at least some of us start.

A small e.g. is if people stopped using plastic bags and cutlery as much as possible, its demand will reduce. Demand controls supply and that controls the amounts to be produced or manufactured.
Unread 03-29-2020, 02:18 AM

I am learning to use Patience.
The Following User Says Thank You to Opal For This Useful Post:
aquarius7000 (03-29-2020)
Unread 03-29-2020, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
I am learning to use Patience.
Yes, very correct. It is also teaching us to discover our own selves and really getting to know our family because if you notice - there is very very little right now to distract us from ourselves and our families.

Yesterday, after getting so fed up of TV and Internet Surfing, I actually thought, let me do my eyes a favour and give them a break from all this screen time. Let me go to the state library close by and get a book or two and do some old-fashioned (so to say) quality reading. Then realised, wait a min., can't do that even.

Also learning to really be content with what we have.
Opal (04-01-2020)
Unread 03-29-2020, 04:23 PM

Quote:
I have been documenting a sad but materialistic reality. Amazon has been building there prime air hub <2 miles from my home. They cleared out generation of farm/forest land for said project. To cater to peoples one click ease of purchasing. Upon clearing this land, many bald eagles, deer and every creature had to relocate. They blast the earth 2x's m-f @1:50 & 5:20. It shakes our whole county and affecting many homes within its radius. Its opened my eyes that we living materialistic reality and those with wealth and power r**p**g the earth.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eekndyn For This Useful Post:
aquarius7000 (03-29-2020), Opal (04-01-2020)
Unread 03-29-2020, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eekndyn View Post
I have been documenting a sad but materialistic reality. Amazon has been building there prime air hub <2 miles from my home. They cleared out generation of farm/forest land for said project. To cater to peoples one click ease of purchasing. Upon clearing this land, many bald eagles, deer and every creature had to relocate. They blast the earth 2x's m-f @1:50 & 5:20. It shakes our whole county and affecting many homes within its radius. Its opened my eyes that we living materialistic reality and those with wealth and power r**p**g the earth.

Oh eekndyn. That is really concerning when the new normal will be even more disconnected from the earth than the old normal.
The Following User Says Thank You to passiflora For This Useful Post:
Opal (04-01-2020)
Unread 03-29-2020, 05:06 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eekndyn View Post
Thatís pure evil and you knocked the nail on the head when you say they are Ríing our earth 🌍
Unread 03-29-2020, 06:30 PM

We can also see and hope that countries with big GDP's might now realise that perhaps their priorities have not been correct? That they clearly are not prepared to provide their people with basic treatment during such epidemics. That they have to be humble enough to ask for help...
Unread 03-31-2020, 12:52 AM

On a regular day, I would have been at the gym and would been to the movies at the weekend.

Life is showing me how temporary and almost useless most things are around which our lives revolve... movies, malls, gym, restaurants and whatnot... It is as though we are being reprogrammed
Unread 04-01-2020, 06:11 PM
Account Closed

Itís shown me that some people wonít change. Ever. Like my nosy neighbours and how they really feel about us!

Anyway Iíve also learned to appreciate the outside more.

When we are allowed to go back to normal I feel we will reprogramme.

Itís strange but I was watching the tv Ianís someone touched each other and for a slight second I thought what are they doing!! Then I realised number one itís pre-recorded and two itís normal l

Then i was told a story and part of the story was touching and again for a slight second I though touching? What!!

It made me realise how programmed we do get
The Following User Says Thank You to Hkk For This Useful Post:
Opal (04-01-2020)
Unread 04-06-2020, 01:51 AM

I understand the fact that COVID has the entire world in its grip, this is a collective karmic cycle of humanity, the karma being the abuse of Mother Nature, the greed that made us completely oblivious of other sentient beings' pain (slaughterhouses, wet markets, over breeding for our consumption), over consumption on the whole- which gave rise to crime, etc. It is cry for us to return to simple living and a more inclusive world- treating this world as one big family. This should actually not be so difficult to understand, but because we have wandered so far away, perhaps this sounds too out of reach or philosophical.
Unread 04-06-2020, 08:38 AM

It feels like a planetary initiation to me. When we don't collectively evolve, the universe sends an agent (by whatever means) to force the issue. We now stand still at a crossroads, invited to choose a different road to the one we were on. When you can't indulge in your normal habits, they lose their grip on you and then you have a kind of inner spaciousness where you have a wide choice of paths going forward.

This is a really good piece of writing from Paul Levy "The Coronavirus contains its own medicine". There is also a very good 'message from covid-19' in the comments if you scroll right down.

https://www.awakeninthedream.com/art...s-own-medicine
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Pea For This Useful Post:
david starling (04-06-2020)
Unread 04-07-2020, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
It feels like a planetary initiation to me. When we don't collectively evolve, the universe sends an agent (by whatever means) to force the issue. We now stand still at a crossroads, invited to choose a different road to the one we were on. When you can't indulge in your normal habits, they lose their grip on you and then you have a kind of inner spaciousness where you have a wide choice of paths going forward.

This is a really good piece of writing from Paul Levy "The Coronavirus contains its own medicine". There is also a very good 'message from covid-19' in the comments if you scroll right down.

https://www.awakeninthedream.com/art...s-own-medicine
Thank you and very close to what i said. This is what I also meant - collective karmic cycle. I believe wholeheartedly in the concept of karma - our actions will have adequate repercussions accordingly. And Covid is the repercussion. I do believe in a Higher Vibration - the OM. The deep message as mentioned in a previous post is to set us back, to show that we over did it all in every way - with the materialistic pursuits. The throw back and locking us in is to force us to introspect without too many distractions that we are so used to otherwise, find our centre again and re programme our consciousness. (now we can make ourselves feel better by saying we are safe at home, and are not caged up, but we are by today's standards)

Last edited by aquarius7000; 04-07-2020 at 03:11 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to aquarius7000 For This Useful Post:
Sweet Pea (04-19-2020)
Unread 04-07-2020, 08:48 PM

I've just learned that there is an actual asteroid called "Wuhan".

https://demetra-george.com/blog/asteroid-wuhan/
Unread 04-07-2020, 11:24 PM

Quote:
I've just learned that there is an actual asteroid called "Wuhan".

https://demetra-george.com/blog/asteroid-wuhan/
Wow this is interesting and a bit uncanny as well.
Thanks for sharing
Unread 04-08-2020, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
Then I would say let us stop looking at such people. Let us each start with our own selves and expand outwardly - from us to our children, parents, siblings, family, friends, wider social circle. Otherwise, we are just looking for ways to shirk that very critical responsibility and pass the buck / responsibility on to others. After all, we to partake of this nature's beauty and everything in it. The real problem lies in the highly individualistic attitudes we have developed in this modern world, where as long as everything is fine with me and my immediate family (sometimes we don't even care about family) who cares about society, the environment... It is for somebody else to worry about. We have to all develop an inclusive attitude. Think about what I do - how will that effect others, not just my own kids and family. It is not an impossible task if at least some of us start.

A small e.g. is if people stopped using plastic bags and cutlery as much as possible, its demand will reduce. Demand controls supply and that controls the amounts to be produced or manufactured.
Stopping eating meat would help the environment immensely.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ukpoohbear For This Useful Post:
aquarius7000 (04-09-2020)