Is my VENus square saturn valid

Love2Know

My venus square saturn in the signs of leo and saggitarius... is it still as effective out of sign?

Last edited:

urano

From my part I haven't a clear answer about this kind of configuration.

This square Venus-Saturn has a close orb or not?

Last edited:

urano

Ok I see. With more or less 5 degrees for this orb I am also unsure about the validity of this aspect in your natal chart.
If this orb was about 2 or 3 degrees I would say yes, we have to considerer it, but here ?...
In angular houses, Saturn square Venus in its detriment (Leo), it's traditionaly a difficult aspect you should strongly feel, if not, maybe this aspect isn't there...

Love2Know

Ok I see. With more or less 5 degrees for this orb I am also unsure about the validity of this aspect in your natal chart.
If this orb was about 2 or 3 degrees I would say yes, we have to considerer it, but here ?...
In angular houses, Saturn square Venus in its detriment (Leo), it's traditionaly a difficult aspect you should strongly feel, if not, maybe this aspect isn't there...

Yeah I could relate to it very strongly. I am just confused because the signs are of the same element. I relate to it more than venus conjunct ascendant.

Horus

Your Venus is not in detriment (Scorpio or Aries).

The square is valid as is any aspect up to 8° in a natal chart for most astrologers. At astro.com setting the orb factor to 85% will limit aspects to this number. The default (100%) includes aspects up to 10° -usually too wide unless Luminaries are involved as they confer more energy. These planets are in compatible elements but hard aspects with Saturn are rarely eased by anything.

Looking at this aspect within a wider context, it makes sense and fits together with other parts of the chart to flesh out a "story" of relationship and family karma to give the square more validity. Saturn is the Lord of Karma and Venus is the ruler of your Libra South Lunar Node -the marker for past lives in the sign of partnerships, and in the house of siblings. Saturn is also square the Moon which (aside from acting as the subconscious memory bank for this and past lives) also represents mother and/or family clan. And Saturn is in the house of family and roots, and conjunct Juno, asteroid of marriage. One possibility (speculating here based on the symbols) is that perhaps you were restricted by marriage and family obligations and so in this life your soul strives to break that pattern and be independent (Aries North Node), to travel, study, pick up a good philosophy (NN in the 9th, Saturn's main lessons through Sag.) and to be creative (energy focused in Leo, ruler of the North Node in the 5th) as you may not have been or could not have been before?

Last edited:

Love2Know

Your Venus is not in detriment (Scorpio or Aries).

The square is valid as is any aspect up to 8° in a natal chart for most astrologers. At astro.com setting the orb factor to 85% will limit aspects to this number. The default (100%) includes aspects up to 10° -usually too wide unless Luminaries are involved as they confer more energy. These planets are in compatible elements but hard aspects with Saturn are rarely eased by anything.

Looking at this aspect within a wider context, it makes sense and fits together with other parts of the chart to flesh out a "story" of relationship and family karma to give the square more validity. Saturn is the Lord of Karma and Venus is the ruler of your Libra South Lunar Node -the marker for past lives in the sign of partnerships, and in the house of siblings. Saturn is also square the Moon which (aside from acting as the subconscious memory bank for this and past lives) also represents mother and/or family clan. And Saturn is in the house of family and roots, and conjunct Juno, asteroid of marriage. One possibility (speculating here based on the symbols) is that perhaps you were restricted by marriage and family obligations and so in this life your soul strives to break that pattern and be independent (Aries North Node), to travel, study, pick up a good philosophy (NN in the 9th, Saturn's main lessons through Sag.) and to be creative (energy focused in Leo, ruler of the North Node in the 5th) as you may not have been or could not have been before?

Yeah I always feel restricted by everything. Work love family friends lol it gets ridiculous. I love my mom but she can be mean without "realizing" it.. especially since I gained Weight But she always helps me out. My fantasy is to live by the ocean on a tropical island with my son Lol. He has moon conjunct chrion which pisses me off but also moon trine saturn. I am very focused on him. My husband Is very nice but I am very controlling of what he says to our son. I feel he will be too achievment focused on him. Also I get really angery when people think I should have more than 1 child. my mom also thinks I am not emotionally strong enough to handle children and be happy. No one expected me to have kids.. not even me.
My family history is all bizzar and mysterious.

Last edited:

Oddity

Traditionally speaking it's not a square, because those are determined by sign, and yours isn't in sign. If it were one or two degrees out, I'd be asking some questions about it, because occasionally they do work out-of-sign despite theory, but not at the range yours is. Saturn is detrimented in Leo, so if Venus was squaring it from there it would be pretty ugly.

Kannon

Yes. Aspects are geometry. They have nothing to do with signs. Its all whether they are within orb of influence, and clearly your Venus and Saturn are.

Dirius

As Oddity mentions, from traditional perspective, they are not in square.

Both are in fire signs, of the same element (triplicity).

Aspects are not lines in the sky. They represent the position between planets, and how they relate according to the sign they find themselves in.

From traditional perspective, your Saturn and Venus are actually trining each other. This means they are still related, they just happen to have a different kind of relation, rather than the square.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

My venus square saturn in the signs of leo and saggitarius... is it still as effective out of sign?
TROPICALLY
Leo Venus is in separating trine aspect by sign from Sagittarius Saturn

however

interesting that on your sidereal chart:
SIDEREALLY
Leo Venus is in applying square aspect by sign to Scorpio Saturn
:smile:

Marinka

Yes. Aspects are geometry. They have nothing to do with signs. Its all whether they are within orb of influence, and clearly your Venus and Saturn are.

I agree that it is geometry - it is an angle that is formed between 2 objects in space as seen from the earth, squares are 90 degrees +/- about 6 degree orb but, there are differing opinions about what should be allowed for the orb. Some use as little as 2 degrees, others as much as 10 degrees.

Bunraku

Hi Love2Know,

Talk us through about the aspect & its relation to your chart. Maybe it can give us a clue pertaining as how it applies to you.

urano

I would bring some precisions to my yesterday post, maybe too short.
When signs are in trine (Leo-Sagittarius here) but when in the same time the angle between the planets involved is more or less 90°, there is a conflincting information (trine if we consider the signs, square if we consider the angle).
From my part I’m not able to decide on the matter ; in the strict sense there is’nt square, but with a very close orb, maybe can we consider the aspect (I leave a question mark...).
Futhermore I consider aspects in a chart with an orb larger than 2°, I assure you :) it was just in this particular context.
Also, for sure Venus in Leo isn’t in detriment, but Saturn is in detriment in Leo. For sure Saturn isn’t in Leo in the chart, but if we consider the aspect between Venus and Saturn here, on account of this fact Saturn hurts a lot Venus, that’s what I meant (it's an ancient rule). Even if the aspect here was clearly a trine, that wouldn’t be so good for Venus.

Last edited:

urano

I have this kind of aspect in my own chart, with an orb quite close.
The angle is a sextile but the signs are in square. Actually I don’t consider this aspect in my chart, also because it involves Pluto and I think Pluto influence was overestimated. Maybe I have a medieval side :)

Last edited:

Love2Know

Hi Love2Know,

Talk us through about the aspect & its relation to your chart. Maybe it can give us a clue pertaining as how it applies to you.

I have a hard time connecting to people. Even my husvhusband says I can treat him like a stranger. I randomly lose my connections to people. I can feel emotionally cold and awkward. Especially in romantic area. I also think it might be jjupitur esque issue.

Last edited: