The Quincunx / Inconjunct Factor

poyi

Premium Member
Today I realized even Virgo and Aries supposed to be 150 apart most likely to form inconjunct if you have planets in Virgo and Aries, yet they are each other antisicon. So should also consider this.

serafin5

I remember reading a while back that the "quincunx" can be indicative of a special talent(s). But this has been an interesting thread as I did not know that comedians had a lot of these aspects in their charts.

Thanks guys,
S5

dr. farr

I'm curious Dr. Farr, what conditions would the quincunx relay from a medical standpoint? And have you seen it indicating the sudden onset of a condition in a transit??

Disruptive influences and conditions involving the affinities/significations of the planets (or other horoscopic points) involved.

In answer to the question about sudden onset re transit, sometimes this seems to occur, other times not (the onset has either come in some time prior to the aspect, or develops some time after the aspect has perfected)

byjove

Account Closed
Today I realized even Virgo and Aries supposed to be 150 apart most likely to form inconjunct if you have planets in Virgo and Aries, yet they are each other antisicon. So should also consider this.

Is that not at particular degrees? Hmm

JUPITERASC

Is that not at particular degrees? Hmm
'…. Antiscia & Contra-Antiscia - Greek, literally 'opposite shadows', antiscion of a planet is its zodiac degree mirrored across the solstice points of the Cancer-Capricorn axis

(so a planet at 5 degrees Capricorn has its antiscion at 25 degrees Sagittarius) :smile:

This mirroring ties the planets into a relationship based on the fact that at both points the length of day and night will be equal. Generally, the antiscion of a planet is considered to be a favorable point......'

Lilly p.90 of Christian Astrology:

'….Antiscion signs are of the same virtue and are equally distant from the first degree of the two tropic signs, Cancer, Capricorn, and in which degrees whilst the Sun is, the days and nights are of equal length; by example it will be plain; when the Sun is in the tenth degree of Taurus, he is as far distant from the first degree of Cancer as when in the twentieth degree of Leo; therefore when the Sun is in the tenth of Taurus, he hath his Antiscion to the twentieth of Leo; that is, he giveth virtue or influence to any star or planet that at that time either is in the same degree by conjunction, or casteth any aspect unto it.....'

'….But that you may more fully and perfectly know where your Antiscion falls in degrees and minutes, behold this following table.

A General Table of the Antiscions in signs.

Gemini---------Cancer
Leo---------Taurus
Virgo---------Aries
Libra---------Pisces
Scorpio---------Aquarius
Sagittarius---------Capricorn

Any planet in Gemini sends his Antiscion into Cancer, or being in Leo into Taurus.....'
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/antiscia.html

AUG3-6Antiscia.jpg

poyi

Premium Member
For example, you have planets in 5 degrees Aries and 5 degrees Virgo both are in quincunx at natal. There is a possiblity by progression one is faster and one is slower at some point the antiscia degree can be perfected in the progression but the foundation of this two planets were in quincunx only at some point in life they also becoming antiscia. So the interpretation will be based on the original disharmony or lack of common interest to become best mates later on.

The same could occur between natal planets between Libra and Pisces as they have large degrees of distance so more likely to experience antiscia relationship early by progression. But then that will be based on the condition in natal and motion/speed/direction of the planet how and when they will perfect this antisicia relationship. Such as contra antiscia certain signs may form conjunction as well as contra antiscia.

Last edited: