Will the baby have Down Syndrome? Answer due for next week

chappygirl

Hello All,

A friend "feels" her baby could have down syndrome and after seeing the chart, I am afraid she could be right. it is my first medical horary so I am not sure I did it right. First, I used the baby's 6th house ruler: should I have used the 3rd?

The baby is sun, peregrine in Pisces, conjunct unfortunate 12th house/baby's 8th house cusp, so this isnt good.

Also, before it reached Pisces, Sun had a 29th degrees' conjunction with Mercury. Mercury rules the radical 3rd and 6th but is also the general significator of mental abilities.
The conjunction happened at the time of the supposed conception so at the "birth" of a possible down syndrome. This conjunction happened in Aquarius, sign of rulership of the baby's disease and sign of detriment of the baby...

The baby's possible down syndrome is saturn, in domicile and its own terms. So we have a disease that is stronger than the baby.. not good again.
Sun will apply next to Saturn with a mild reception by face from saturn. I am afraid this is a yes, the baby does have down syndrome..

If we consider that Mercury gets to Saturn first and so prohibits the application of Sun to Saturn, Mercury still makes a translation of light from Moon to Saturn so either way, its a yes. But Mercury as "mental abilities" ruler is very very weak being in its detriment and its fall.

Looking at Moon: it is strong being exalted and angular. But I dont know if this is in favor of the baby or the disease? Moon last application was a trine with saturn in the house of moon's detriment. It will next sextiles Venus.

Venus rules the baby's 3rd house: this house rules the mind so it could relate to a mental handicap. Venus is dignified by exaltation and terms but conjunct Neptune in the 12th which could symbolize a "lack of", as in, lack of mental ability? it receives the baby's disease by face and the radical 6th by detriment and fall.

Looks like all indicators point to an unfortunate YES the baby has down syndrome?
I dont think I will tell her anyway...let's see what her tests say.

Finally, using Dr Farr's Walis Magic 8 ball method:
baby: 7th house (according to Al Biruni) = Libra = Venus = Yes

Do you agree?

Attachments

• down.jpg
    down.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

rafaella

Hey Chappy,

I'm a bit tired so won't go into studying this chart in depth, time for bed. But there are these tests they can do to check if the baby has this disorder. I would suggest your friend does that test. That's the surest way to find out. Astrologers can be wrong and medical astrology are way to sensitive and difficult so many times I decline.

But this chart shows NN in 5th. Good. Sun in prolific sign, dispositor as well. Sun has no dignity, is not afflicted, Saturn is dignified. There is aspect to Mars, 1st ruler. Not sure what that square implies, Mars can mean surgery. Mars rules the querent also. Maybe abortion or maybe caesarean...

Honestly not seeing anything alarming here. Is the mother in her late 30s or older? Down syndrome I believe is more prevalent if the mother is older...

anyway, keep us updated, hope she goes for the medical check.

aquarius7000

Hi

Sorry it took so long to respond.

Baby=Sun seems fine to me. At least nothing as dire. Moon too is strong inTaurus. However, mother= Mars is in the eight, so something could go wrong , which could involve a c-section due to premature birth or something. Something related to surgery/blood. Ask her to surely not over exert herself. Mars is also that.

Any chance you can post her natal with transits??

chappygirl

thanks Rafaella,

I am confused, I really dont get it with medical chart :innocent:.
I thought the stronger the 6th as opposed to 5th, the higher the chance of disease..

Sorry i got it all wrong and thanks for correcting me.

There is aspect to Mars, 1st ruler. Not sure what that square implies, Mars can mean surgery. Mars rules the querent also. Maybe abortion or maybe caesarean...
A couple of days after the chart, she said she bled a bit. The next day they made an echo and the baby is fine. She also had a blood screening for down syndrome; her results are due for end of week. From there, if the risk of DS is high, she said she will have to go for an amniocenthesis.

Is the mother in her late 30s or older?
Yes in her late 30s.

chappygirl

Sun seems fine to me. At least nothing as dire. Moon too is strong inTaurus.
For my personal knowledge, a peregrine significator isnt bad in a medical horary?

However, mother= Mars is in the eight, so something could go wrong , which could involve a c-section due to premature birth or something. Something related to surgery/blood.
I see you both mention something going on with her with a possible miscarriage/C section.
Maybe it could be the amnio, she said she can ahve it done later on. It seems this amnio could trigger labor so, if it's not done too early, the baby can be saved.
The aspects with Mars seem to take place in 10 units of time (Venus and Mars aspect in 2 1/ units as 2 months and a half as 10 weeks). That would take us to end of April.
Yet she is due for mid september.

Any chance you can post her natal with transits??
I will ask for permission before.

thanks!

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi

Can you pls attach the chart here. The link you sent takes me to my own astro.com, but doesn’t show me the native’s chart

chappygirl

Whats the update Chappy?

Hello!

I was busy so didnt have the time to catch up!

She had a test to evaluate the risk of the baby having down syndrome: the baby has a very low risk, thankfully!

Aquarius7000 and you have pointed to:

Mars is in the eight, so something could go wrong. Something related to surgery/blood.

There is aspect to Mars, 1st ruler. Not sure what that square implies, Mars can mean surgery. Mars rules the querent also...

This aspect was due 10 units later: exactly 10 days after, she was preparing a brunch and used the blade of a chopper to slice sausage and ham, by hand. She ended up chopping off part of her thumb which ended in the sink. she said it bled a lot for several hours.

I really hope its all passed now and that both of them will be fine.

By the way, although the doctor is "only" 80% sure, the baby seems to be a girl. Any guess on the sex of the baby or on the baby in general?

Last edited:

rafaella

Ohhh that would be my worst nightmare... hope she was able to get her thumb reattached? The sun mars square I saw was more related to the baby, maybe a difficult birth, caserean... but who knows. Uranus on Asc generally indicates freak accidents such as she had...

I'm thinking it's a girl too 💃🏻😊

chappygirl

no bone was chopped, she "just" chopped a big chunk of flesh thankfully.

I missed the mars/sun square in 13 units. a caesarian or labor within this timeframe would still make the baby premature since she is due for september.
she plans on having a physiological labor (natural birth).

When do you think this square could be activated?

chappygirl

Hello all

I thought i should give you some updates on the chart.

1 month or so ago, my friend fell from a ladder and broke her tailbone. Fortunately the baby didnt get hurt.

Relooking at the chart, would you say it relates to:

Mars: general sig. For bone fracture
Saggitarius: general ruler of coccyx/tailbone
8th house: ruler of fall from height
?

Another question: if there is no aspect between mars ascendant or mars moon, how did you tell something could happen to her?

Thanks a lot!