Boyfriend broke up with me 2 weeks before my bday :( is there still hope?

Lovefool

A short background, we've been seeing each other for a few months and seriously talking about living together (him moving in with me). He got swamped with work and decided to end things because he "has a lot going on". Weeks leading up to this, he has mentioned a few times that he's been working everyday even on weekends and after work (he works in Construction) and he hasn't had a dayoff in months. I asked him if it's because he found someone else, and he said no. He has a 2 year-old son that I haven't met yet. The baby mama abandoned them and they haven't been in communication. I always worry that she might be in the picture again. He broke up with me on May 24 (should I check his planetary transits?) It's been almost 3 weeks since and I miss him more and more each day. I'm tempted to drop him a text but afraid that he won't acknowledge it. I know deep in my heart that he still loves me and I believe that this is just bad timing. He's a double Capricorn and Albanian, which is a perfect blend of workaholic. Please help, I want him back. :(
But is this a right decision? Your feedback is highly appreciated.

If anyone is into Numerology, he is life path 1 and I am life path 4, if that helps.

https://imgur.com/a/ddHdrw5