Sun conjunct pluto... egomaniac/control freak

venusarising

Hi, I want to know other people's experience with this aspect. I recently met a guy with this Pluto/sun 9th house in libra. The libra makes it sound light but he's pretty intense, controlled person. Anyone have any experience about this aspect? Can it cause the person to be abusive or sociopathic? Thanks

waybread

It's about power in inter-personal relationships. Whether this is good or bad depends on how sun-Pluto are situated.

venusarising

It's about power in inter-personal relationships. Whether this is good or bad depends on how sun-Pluto are situated.

This makes sense. I guess I read on another thread that moon conjunct pluto can cause a person to go over board emotionally or to be obsessive and so I was thinking that in the same vein the sun representing the ego conjunct pluto could give a larger sense of self.

I'm sure it doesn't help that this person also has venus/mars in scorpio

and his sun/pluto are squaring my cancer moon/saturn, so I'm sure this is why I feel this aspect so much with this person :)

david starling

oh that's funny :sideways: looks like I found the hang-out spot for sun conjunct pluto's ... oopsy... <walks away quietly>

Consider that an entire "Pluto-sign" generation has many with Sun conjunct Pluto. Shouldn't be too hard to find some well-known people with that Aspect in their Charts. Also, if you use the Asc-sign ruler as the Chart-ruler, or the Sun-sign ruler, we have all Scorpio-Asc and/or Suns with Pluto (and/or Mars) as Chart-ruler; And, the Pluto in Leo generation has a strong relationship between Pluto and the Sun. Egomaniac/control freak--REMIND you of anyone, HRC? :lol: (Mars/Pluto Conjunct in Leo in H10 Whole-sign, along with Saturn.)

Last edited:

Bunraku

David, have you met any Sun+Pluto in Capricorn? It’s a very young generation. I ended up becoming friends with one.
She really wanted control. :andy:
But we still love her anyways.

david starling

David, have you met any Sun+Pluto in Capricorn? It’s a very young generation. I ended up becoming friends with one.
She really wanted control. :andy:
But we still love her anyways.

I have never met a Sun in Capricorn who DIDN'T need to be in control, but who wasn't still quite loveable. Come to think of it, my Pluto in Leo generation had many Sun in Leo control-freaks! But, Leos do have that tendency as a character-trait! Hmm, Bill Clinton, Sun + Pluto/Merc Conjunct + Saturn, all in Leo in H 11! (Have to mention his extremely tight Asc/Mars/Neptune Conjuntion in Libra, in H1, with a close Venus in Libra 5 degree Orb, and Jupiter in there as well--complicated guy!)
I did recently witness a Father/Son confrontation involving a 4 year-old (would have been inappropriate to ask his birthday!) who was demanding a second ice cream cone. Might have been what you've described--fierce determination on the child's part, but his Neptune in Capricorn dad was holding firm, not willing to spend the money! Clearly a power-struggle. Best to take the goat by the horns, or it will butt you in the butt when you least expect it! (I mean actual goats, not Capricorn people. :innocent:)

Last edited:

WHYNOT

Banned
Hi, I want to know other people's experience with this aspect. I recently met a guy with this Pluto/sun 9th house in libra. The libra makes it sound light but he's pretty intense, controlled person. Anyone have any experience about this aspect? Can it cause the person to be abusive or sociopathic? Thanks

Yes, I know/have known 4 people with Sun/Pl conj....and all of them control freaks and abusive. One was Scorpio, the other 3 Virgos.

Abby83

He he ive got this aspect in libra too. Yeah I think I have a secret need to be in control, I'm intense and I love power and being in charge. I'm guessing you can sense it in the guy but I'm not sure about abuse though. Librans don't like to be abusive but with this aspect he may want to be authoritative and can get angry.

Abby83

This makes sense. I guess I read on another thread that moon conjunct pluto can cause a person to go over board emotionally or to be obsessive and so I was thinking that in the same vein the sun representing the ego conjunct pluto could give a larger sense of self.

I'm sure it doesn't help that this person also has venus/mars in scorpio

and his sun/pluto are squaring my cancer moon/saturn, so I'm sure this is why I feel this aspect so much with this person :)

Venus in scorpio? Well that says it all. Run!

venusarising

Venus in scorpio? Well that says it all. Run!
hahaha! thank you!! now I know! I did not know about scorpio's, at least not really, before I met this person. Although, I have dated a few scorpio suns in my past, but definitely not the same as mars or venus in scorpio. I think I have a particular attraction to the pluto/scorpio types mainly because pluto is transiting my 7th house and I also have a very tight pluto square venus in my natal....