How do you tell if a planet is out of bounds?

Attachments

• natal chart.png
    natal chart.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Blacknight

Hey are you familiar with astro.com? If you go to that website and hover your cursor over 'free horoscope' and then click on 'extended chart selection' in the pull down menu you can enter your data and click to show your chart. When you show your chart it has a link "Additional tables (PDF)" just above where your name & birth day/place is listed when viewing your chart. Click on that link and it gives declinations for all your planets. Planets tend to go out of bounds when they enter gemini/cancer or sagittarius/capricorn:

http://www.astroamerica.com/ said:
Out of Bounds Significance: When planets are further from the equator than what the sun itself travels in a year (eg, beyond the borders of the Tropics of Cancer or Capricorn), they are known as out of bounds and are understood to be beyond normal conditions or expectations (coined by KT Boehrer). How this relates to the earth's magnetic poles.
Zodiacal Sign Relevance: The normal out of bounds signs are Gemini, Cancer, Sagittarius & Capricorn. Watch out for planets out of bounds in other signs.

This forum thread has some interesting info too:
http://www.linda-goodman.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/019165.html

My mars and venus are both out of bounds. Not sure how it applies to my chart either, but it's interesting.

Blacknight

Which celebrities have out of bounds mars?

Mel Gibson? Russel Crowe?

Mel has his mars in scorpio and Russel has his mars in aries. Neither of those signs fall into the cancer/gemini or capricorn/saggitarius region so I doubt their respective mars placements are out of bounds.

Both their mars placements are in good signs (both ruled by mars). How that reflects on their character is another thing...

Quit edit:
So if a planet goes beyond the declination of 23°27' then it's considered out of bounds currently (the declination changes over time I believe...)
Of the celebrities that I looked up, Bryan Cranston has his mars in capricorn at 23°36' 9" S, and Tom Hardy has his mars in cancer at 23°27'31" N just barely out of bounds if that counts, and Johnny Knoxville (from the Jackass movies) has his mars in saggitarius at 23°28' 3" S.

Last edited:

Slenkar

Maybe they have other mars issues

I did a search for 'OOB planets and celebrities'
there is some interesting stuff

arnie and stallone both have OOB pluto and they had this massive power struggle, their movies were all about power and destruction.

Kannon

Check the planet's declination. If it is 23 degrees or more, it is OOB.

Incorrect. A planet is 'out of bounds' when its moves it outside the declination boundaries of the ecliptic drawn by the Sun's path which are at 23*26' north or south.

So, Ricktatorship, only your Mars is 'out of bounds' at 23*38' South (-23*38'). This puts it in parallel aspect with Sun, Uranus, N.Node. Could be seen as a 'stellium of declination.' This is a chart factor of energetic, even impulsive energy intent no moving forward in life. These 'out of bounds' positions occur when planets are in Sag/Cap or Gem/Cancer. Normally it puts the planet into a somewhat more emphasized place in which person pushes a bit harder or goes somewhat further than would be normal for that planet in that sign.

Incorrect. A planet is 'out of bounds' when its moves it outside the declination boundaries of the ecliptic drawn by the Sun's path which are at 23*26' north or south.

So, Ricktatorship, only your Mars is 'out of bounds' at 23*38' South (-23*38'). This puts it in parallel aspect with Sun, Uranus, N.Node. Could be seen as a 'stellium of declination.' This is a chart factor of energetic, even impulsive energy intent no moving forward in life. These 'out of bounds' positions occur when planets are in Sag/Cap or Gem/Cancer. Normally it puts the planet into a somewhat more emphasized place in which person pushes a bit harder or goes somewhat further than would be normal for that planet in that sign.
thanks for the post, this clarifies alot!!!

and thanks everyone else for chiming in, this has become a very informative thread

cheers

Blacknight

Maybe they have other mars issues

I did a search for 'OOB planets and celebrities'
there is some interesting stuff

arnie and stallone both have OOB pluto and they had this massive power struggle, their movies were all about power and destruction.

And Dolph Lundgren (who played the Russian who fights Stallone from Rocky IV) has his venus at 26°32'46" S out of bounds in Saggitarius.