&%*$ Mars (transit)

Flapjacks

I've been super irritated at everything lately; feeling like things are not moving fast enough for my liking and I'm impatient with everyone. It is to the point where I am likely upsetting people. I've had a couple outbursts, and even when I try to hold it in I'm sure it's obvious I'm holding it in. I don't care if I hurt people's feeling at the moment, which is very unusual.

I feel blocked by everyone's minor transgressions that I perceive as wasting my time (For example, I got upset when someone couldn't understand what I was saying because they didn't know common technical terms, like "scale" used in the context of graphical data. They have a degree in mathematics and didn't know what scale of a graph meant and instead gave me the range of the graph, acting like I was misusing the word "scale". After explaining to them what "scale" means, they didn't believe me and I had to pull out a dictionary to get them to understand what I meant when I said scale so that we could communicate on a basic level... You can see how these kinds of exchanges end with Flapjacks grinding her teeth).

At first, I thought it was low blood sugar, or PMS, but since it has lasted about three weeks now I decided there might be a prominent transit. Lo and behold: Transit Mars is passing over my Saturn conjunct Descendent, squaring Venus.

Luckily, it is almost out of orb. So maybe I'll calm down and smooth things over with all these people I'm snapping at. :whistling:

Mars is a relatively fast moving planet, so major transits happen fairly frequently. How do you deal with Mars transits, and how do they manifest in your chart?

AriesIntrovert

Mars is a relatively fast moving planet, so major transits happen fairly frequently. How do you deal with Mars transits, and how do they manifest in your chart?

One year when Mars was opposite my natal Aries Sun I was ENERGIZED to a ridiculous degree. Even before I had any coffee I was so naturally wired I felt like I should sprint around my work building five times to get the edge off.

Another year when Mars crossed my Desc angle everyone was impatient with me! Driving SUCKED! I was driving my same speed and manner but I kept getting honked at for being in people's way. :|

For my life, transits rarely repeat the same way twice. The following cycle transiting Mars opposite my Sun didn't even give me a blip, it passed without any notice. (Which of course proves the importance of progressed and solar arc effects which may be in aspect one year but not the next.)

I tend to just wait out Mars transits (and watch out for road rage) but I assume you can dissipate the Mars energy by directing it with movement and action... like Tai Chi?

Last edited:

Flapjacks

For my life, transits rarely repeat the same way twice. The following cycle transiting Mars opposite my Sun didn't even give me a blip, it passed without any notice. (Which of course proves the importance of progressed and solar arc effects which may be in aspect one year but not the next.)

I tend to just wait out Mars transits (and watch out for road rage) but I assume you can dissipate the Mars energy by directing it with movement and action... like Tai Chi?

Progressions/solar arc adds another dimension, but I thought they would show a general trend rather that temporary influences. There are other aspects at play that cause a transit to have different effects, in my view. For instance, at the time of this one, Pluto has been conjunct my own Mars for a couple years, Uranus in Aries is just coming into orb of my NN, etc.

Waiting out sounds like a good plan, haha.

Blaze

Account Closed
The fun isn't over yet, Flap. With Mars doing the moonwalk (RX) into Scorpio you'll see those aspects happen again. Better write two apology notes. :bandit:

The worst aspects transit mars makes for me would be the squares. When it conjuncts one of my T-square planets, I always become this angry jerk-face with too much energy and no outlet for it. Oh, I also get insomnia... :pinched:

And the only way I deal with bad Mars transits is by working out or just trying to burn off as much energy as possible. That way, I've not enough energy to scream, shout and get all bent out.

Flapjacks

The fun isn't over yet, Flap. With Mars doing the moonwalk (RX) into Scorpio you'll see those aspects happen again. Better write two apology notes. :bandit:

The worst aspects transit mars makes for me would be the squares. When it conjuncts one of my T-square planets, I always become this angry jerk-face with too much energy and no outlet for it. Oh, I also get insomnia... :pinched:

And the only way I deal with bad Mars transits is by working out or just trying to burn off as much energy as possible. That way, I've not enough energy to scream, shout and get all bent out.

Squares would be tricky, but also productive, I bet. t-squares in particular are dynamic... But I wonder what happens when tMars completes a grand square? Seems like you would become blocked from doing anything.

I'm done with the attitude for now. I got up at 7am and drove 5 hours to drop someone off somewhere for a trip this morning, then went to work for 6 hours plus one 40 minute break for food, then came home and wrote a heartfelt letter for 3 hours and cried and **** because my friend's dad is sick, then I ate crackers and read about GM studies and climate issues and other hot topics that would attract a Merc square Pluto native, and now I am here not wanting to sleep at 1230am.

No energy for shouting today. :lol:

Lin

Mars issues can include great impatience. And combined with Saturn? yeah...a lot of impatience and not being able to abide stupidity and incompetence.
All you can do it be 'forearmed.' So....check your ephemeris when you begin to feel this way or notice you are getting impatient more than usual.
LIN