Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology

Horary Astrology Ask and answer any horary questions, and discuss theory and technique. Please post a chart of the time, date, and place you asked the question. Please do not ask the same question repeatedly, hoping for a different result: horary works best when you ask the question ONCE and then interpret the chart that results from when the question FIRST came into your mind. Horary forums are ONLY for discussion of horary charts and techniques.

Unread 03-27-2021, 09:34 PM

Can we fix our friendship?

Hi everyone,

I'm currently no contact with an old love interest who I was in a friends-with-benefits relationship with, but he ended things when he suspected that I had deeper feelings for him. I think I'm slowly getting over him romantically but really miss talking to him. Will we able to reconcile as friends?

Thank you for your help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2021-03-27 at 21.24.48.jpg (62.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: png Screenshot 2021-03-27 at 21.24.55.png (70.8 KB, 12 views)

Unread 03-28-2021, 09:20 PM

Re: Can we fix our friendship?

You should be able to.
Moon in the 11th house of friends approaches a trine to your co.ruler, pluto in the 3rd.
It answers your question to a T!.

Not always do two persons see things the same way in a relationship, and this looks like one case.
The question as represented by moon is in cool virgo (the Virgin), while you are in sexy scorpio and your other co-ruler is in your 8th of sex.
Moon separated from the opposition of 5th ruler of love affairs, Neptune showing the mixed signals you two had between you.
Interesting that you included Ceres, the nurturer, who is in the exact degree of both you as mars, and the moon's nodes.
So the idea of nurturing and unconditional love is your key to success in this relationship.
He apparently needs it right now, he is Venus ,weak by sign and combust and between sun and Chiron! Very challenging situation for him. You can help him by being a friend. Probably the possibility of emotional ties with sex are too much for him right now.
In addition, uranus on his cusp needs space and freedom of movement.
The Following User Says Thank You to ElenaJ For This Useful Post:
scahm (03-29-2021)
Unread 03-28-2021, 11:04 PM

Coming from a traditional point of view, looking at the receptions, it appears he does have feelings for you as both Venus and the Sun are in Aries whose ruler is Mars which is also the ruler of the Ascendant in Scorpio. With Venus being so close to the Sun he is perhaps feeling more overwhelmed by his own feelings for you rather than yours.

Mars is separating from a square with Mercury, the ruler of the 11th house and Moon has separated from an opposition with the Sun which would give a No to your question.

I dont usually use the outer planets but Uranus is conjunct the 7th house cusp so sticks out showing a separation/divorce.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jupiter Rocks For This Useful Post:
scahm (03-29-2021)
Unread 03-29-2021, 07:18 AM

"Mars is separating from a square with Mercury, the ruler of the 11th house and Moon has separated from an opposition with the Sun which would give a ‘No’ to your question. "

I think this refers more to the past than to the present or future.
scahm (03-29-2021)
Unread 03-29-2021, 08:56 AM

Thank you both for taking the time to respond, I really appreciate your insights.

I feel a serious hesitance to approach him in case he misconstrues this to be an attempt to get back together romantically, especially as a previous horary confirmed that he had no feelings for me. I wonder whether my approaching square to Neptune shows my own confusion about this.

Does the chart show what is causing his suffering? Sun exalted in Aries, rules his third house of thoughts, sitting in his 11th - I'm unsure what this might suggest.
Unread 03-29-2021, 09:09 AM

You will trine Jupiter, ruler of both your 2nd of self esteem and your 5th.
So you will be able to come to grips with the situation change, realise it isn't due to some shortcoming on your part, and find the spiritual strength and generosity to help him with love, in the universal sense.
Remember you are strong with the NN conjunction.
He is learning life lessons at the moment, with the Chiron conjunction.
Learning to listen to his inner self, but uncomfortable with it, as Venus in Aries is ego-minded but she prefers to be other-minded. Venus is conjunct sun, in the natural house of sun and it's sign of exaltation. Sun is ego and the individual, our core, another indication that this is where his energy is focusing, and causing growth pain for him.
scahm (03-29-2021)
Unread 03-29-2021, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
You will trine Jupiter, ruler of both your 2nd of self esteem and your 5th.
So you will be able to come to grips with the situation change, realise it isn't due to some shortcoming on your part, and find the spiritual strength and generosity to help him with love, in the universal sense.
Remember you are strong with the NN conjunction.
He is learning life lessons at the moment, with the Chiron conjunction.
Learning to listen to his inner self, but uncomfortable with it, as Venus in Aries is ego-minded but she prefers to be other-minded. Venus is conjunct sun, in the natural house of sun and it's sign of exaltation. Sun is ego and the individual, our core, another indication that this is where his energy is focusing, and causing growth pain for him.
Thank you so much Elena, I'm always so grateful for the details you provide - so interesting you mention my self esteem, I've only very recently had the realisation that the relationship not working out had nothing to do with me. I will keep you posted on how this plays out.
The Following User Says Thank You to scahm For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (03-29-2021)
Unread 03-29-2021, 11:00 AM

Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales

Quote:
You should be able to.
Moon in the 11th house of friends approaches a trine to your co.ruler, pluto in the 3rd.
It answers your question to a T!.

Not always do two persons see things the same way in a relationship, and this looks like one case.
The question as represented by moon is in cool virgo (the Virgin), while you are in sexy scorpio and your other co-ruler is in your 8th of sex.
Moon separated from the opposition of 5th ruler of love affairs, Neptune showing the mixed signals you two had between you.
Interesting that you included Ceres, the nurturer, who is in the exact degree of both you as mars, and the moon's nodes.
So the idea of nurturing and unconditional love is your key to success in this relationship.
He apparently needs it right now, he is Venus ,weak by sign and combust and between sun and Chiron! Very challenging situation for him. You can help him by being a friend. Probably the possibility of emotional ties with sex are too much for him right now.
In addition, uranus on his cusp needs space and freedom of movement.
id take 7th house bc it is still relationship issue
Unread 03-29-2021, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikana View Post
id take 7th house bc it is still relationship issue
Yes, I agree.
I used moon as resolution of the question, not as 7th significator.
Moon on 11th cusp asks about a friendship-type future of the relationship.
In the further analysis, I refer to Venus as his significator.
Unread 03-29-2021, 12:21 PM

Quote:
"Mars is separating from a square with Mercury, the ruler of the 11th house and Moon has separated from an opposition with the Sun which would give a No to your question. "

I think this refers more to the past than to the present or future.

They are separating aspects so in the past - not going to happen now.

I have run the chart in my software and there is contact with an upcoming sextile with Venus and Mars which is frustrated by the Moon opposing Venus, it might be best to leave him alone for the time being. It looks like your feelings for him are going to resurface as Moon changes signs and enters Libra. Both Sun and Venus are conjunct the Moon by antiscia which implies something secret/hidden. Venus is combust so hes not going to see sense right now and wont listen to anything in this condition but he is moving away from this and it wont last forever. Sun rules the turned fourth house, he may have issues to deal with at home. With Venus being in his own detriment, he is feeling quite vulnerable.

Its been a while since I delineated a chart so take this with a pinch of salt!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter Rocks For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (03-29-2021), scahm (03-29-2021)
Unread 03-29-2021, 12:25 PM

"Sun rules the turned fourth house, he may have issues to deal with at home"

Good point to consider.
Unread 03-29-2021, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Rocks View Post
They are separating aspects so in the past - not going to happen now.

I have run the chart in my software and there is contact with an upcoming sextile with Venus and Mars which is frustrated by the Moon opposing Venus, it might be best to leave him alone for the time being. It looks like your feelings for him are going to resurface as Moon changes signs and enters Libra. Both Sun and Venus are conjunct the Moon by antiscia which implies something secret/hidden. Venus is combust so hes not going to see sense right now and wont listen to anything in this condition but he is moving away from this and it wont last forever. Sun rules the turned fourth house, he may have issues to deal with at home. With Venus being in his own detriment, he is feeling quite vulnerable.

Its been a while since I delineated a chart so take this with a pinch of salt!
Thank you so much, that makes a lot of sense - he had to move back in with his parents due to the pandemic and I did wonder whether this is causing issues/he's struggling to find somewhere else to live.

I think it feels safer to leave him alone for now too, but you mention the upcoming Venus/Mars sextile - does this mean that any contact between us will therefore come from him as the faster moving planet? Maybe the Venus/Saturn sextile confirms this, with Saturn ruling my third?
The Following User Says Thank You to scahm For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (03-29-2021)
Unread 03-29-2021, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scahm View Post
I think it feels safer to leave him alone for now too, but you mention the upcoming Venus/Mars sextile - does this mean that any contact between us will therefore come from him as the faster moving planet? Maybe the Venus/Saturn sextile confirms this, with Saturn ruling my third?

Yes, the faster planet is the one to make the move.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jupiter Rocks For This Useful Post:
scahm (03-29-2021)
Unread 03-29-2021, 09:38 PM

He/Ven meets Sat in your 3rd house of communication before Ven and Mars sextile. Sat receives him/Venus in Aries very poorly by reception. I am not seeing an entry for communication between you: Saturn in the 3rd gets in the way.

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012

Last edited by IleneK; 03-30-2021 at 12:18 AM. Reason: changed 'He/Jup' to He/Ve to be consistent with 'Sat receives him/Venus in Aries'
The Following User Says Thank You to IleneK For This Useful Post:
scahm (03-30-2021)
Unread 03-29-2021, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
He/Jup meets Sat in your 3rd house of communication before Ven and Mars sextile. Sat receives him/Venus in Aries very poorly by reception. I am not seeing an entry for communication between you: Saturn in the 3rd gets in the way.
Sorry I'm not following. Why Jupiter?
Unread 03-30-2021, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Sorry I'm not following. Why Jupiter?

Sorry, 'he/Venus' to be consistent with was is written later as 'Sat receives him/Venus in Aries'

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IleneK For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (03-30-2021), scahm (03-30-2021)
Unread 03-30-2021, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
He/Ven meets Sat in your 3rd house of communication before Ven and Mars sextile. Sat receives him/Venus in Aries very poorly by reception. I am not seeing an entry for communication between you: Saturn in the 3rd gets in the way.
Thanks, Ilene. I'll keep this thread updated, though I assume if anything were to happen, it wouldn't be for a while.

Tags
friendship, horary, relationship