Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

Unread 10-06-2020, 05:12 AM

what is my moon sign? capricorn or aquarius

dob: oct 2nd, 1987
time: 10:17am
birth place: ludhiana, punjab, india

astrosage tells me capricorn and a different website tells me aquarius

can someone please let me know about my moon sign and give general views on my natal chart?

Unread 10-07-2020, 08:29 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Re: what is my moon sign? capricorn or aquarius

Are you asking from a Vedic or Western prospective?

Did one of the sites you consulted use Vedic astrology and the other use Western?

Everything in a Vedic chart is 23 or 24 degrees earlier than in the Western version of the same chart. That puts most placements in different signs.
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Want my input on your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
The Following User Says Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
Thirdteenth (10-07-2020)
Unread 10-07-2020, 09:16 PM

Hello Kelly87 Try the website Astro.com to get your birth chart generated from. I find it to be of great usage Here is a direct link to it: https://www.astro.com/

Unread 10-08-2020, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Are you asking from a Vedic or Western prospective?

Did one of the sites you consulted use Vedic astrology and the other use Western?

Everything in a Vedic chart is 23 or 24 degrees earlier than in the Western version of the same chart. That puts most placements in different signs.
I think that is why..
Can you give me basic predictions about my life?
Unread 10-08-2020, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdteenth View Post
Hello Kelly87 Try the website Astro.com to get your birth chart generated from. I find it to be of great usage Here is a direct link to it: https://www.astro.com/
so people who are born in India but have been living in U.S. use Tropical instead of Vedic.
Unread 10-08-2020, 04:53 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly87 View Post
so people who are born in India but have been living in U.S. use Tropical instead of Vedic.
People from anywhere can use Vedic or Western astrology. It's easier to find Western astrologers if you're in the U.S., though. There aren't nearly as many Vedic ones here.

So, in the Western world, Western astrology is the "official" astrological language. In India (I would assume) Vedic is.

Western tropical astrology is also the primary "language" of this site. We have a section for Vedic, and there are a few posts here and there about Western sidereal astrology, which is a very small subset (uses Western astrological principles but sidereal method to determine the signs), but unless you specify sidereal, it's assumed that you're talking tropical astrology when you post here.
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Want my input on your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
Unread 10-16-2020, 10:57 PM

If you believe in western astrology (placidus) which i prefer the most, your moon sign is in the sign of aquarius.

Tags
aquarius, capricorn, moon, sign