Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Mundane Astrology

Mundane Astrology Discuss the astrology of towns, cities, states, provinces, countries, empires, and the world in general.

Unread 10-03-2019, 02:27 AM

Re: The Ugly Side of the Age of Aquarius

David......

What of the ugliness of Capricorn....what do you see?

Unread 10-03-2019, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
David......

I'm waiting for his in-depth explanation too. But from what I gathered up to now, he thinks Cap Age is a materialistic era. Oppression, power issue, depression... Cap Age also emphasizes the power of Saturn, which to him is the real delusion, the delusion of order.

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Unread 10-03-2019, 09:21 AM

Smile Re: The Ugly Side of the Age of Aquarius

The Ages are the result of Earth's astrological effect on our Charts. The transit of the Age-indicator is due to Earth's wobble as it rotates, and the locating point is determined using Earth's relationship to the Sun.

For the sidereal Ages we've been discussing, we're using the point marked by the Sun at the beginning of Spring in the Northern hemisphere, when the Sun reaches the Earth's Equatorial plane. This point transits the zodiac at the current rate of 1 degree every 71.6 years, and takes 2148 to move 30 degrees, from one Sign-boundary to the next.

The catch is, where exactly ARE the sidereal Sign-boundaries? Even a 1 degree difference in Sign-boundary location causes a nearly 72 year's difference in when the transiting Age-indicator reaches it, signaling the beginning of a new Age. What's confusing is, the sidereal Sign locations are being set according to each individual astrologer's personal opinion, resulting in a difference in Age-starts of as much as 400+ years!

Last edited by david starling; 10-03-2019 at 10:39 AM.
Unread 10-03-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
David......

If you mean the ugly side of the TROPICAL Age of Capricorn, just take a look around. The Tropical Aquarian Age hasn't begun yet. Getting close though. Like the song says, "....the mind's true liberation...."
Helluva long dawning though!

Last edited by david starling; 10-03-2019 at 10:51 AM.
Unread 10-03-2019, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
If you mean the ugly side of the TROPICAL Age of Capricorn, just take a look around. The Tropical Aquarian Age hasn't begun yet. Getting close though. Like the song says, "....the mind's true liberation...."
Helluva long dawning though!
For the Tropical age of Capricorn to have begun.......then we have exited the tropical age of Aquarius.......the dawning will be an extremely long wait.......
Unread 10-03-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
For the Tropical age of Capricorn to have begun.......then we have exited the tropical age of Aquarius.......the dawning will be an extremely long wait.......
That's the sidereal Age of Cap. The tropical Ages have direct motion, whereby the Age of Aqua follows the Age of Capricorn.
Unread 10-03-2019, 01:30 PM

The sidereal Age of Pisces, with Neptune as Domicile-ruler, has accompanied the somewhat shorter tropical Age of Capricorn since it began c.400 A D., by nearly everyone's reckoning. Neptune as spiritual ruler, Saturn as mundane ruler.
Unread 10-03-2019, 01:41 PM

The two Aquarian Ages will be occurring at once, under Uranian rulership. Nice synchronicity for the transition out of the Kali Yuga.

Last edited by david starling; 10-03-2019 at 01:58 PM.
Unread 10-03-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
That's the sidereal Age of Cap. The tropical Ages have direct motion, whereby the Age of Aqua follows the Age of Capricorn.
Where are you getting your research from? None of the reading I have done on the Ages has a direct motion.
Unread 10-03-2019, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini888 View Post
I'm waiting for his in-depth explanation too. But from what I gathered up to now, he thinks Cap Age is a materialistic era. Oppression, power issue, depression... Cap Age also emphasizes the power of Saturn, which to him is the real delusion, the delusion of order.
Hey.....

What are your thoughts on the Ages, do you feel we are sidereally in Pisces or Aquarius?
Unread 10-03-2019, 06:19 PM

Quote:
The Ages are the result of Earth's astrological effect on our Charts. The transit of the Age-indicator is due to Earth's wobble as it rotates, and the locating point is determined using Earth's relationship to the Sun.

For the sidereal Ages we've been discussing, we're using the point marked by the Sun at the beginning of Spring in the Northern hemisphere, when the Sun reaches the Earth's Equatorial plane. This point transits the zodiac at the current rate of 1 degree every 71.6 years, and takes 2148 to move 30 degrees, from one Sign-boundary to the next.

The catch is, where exactly ARE the sidereal Sign-boundaries? Even a 1 degree difference in Sign-boundary location causes a nearly 72 year's difference in when the transiting Age-indicator reaches it, signaling the beginning of a new Age. What's confusing is, the sidereal Sign locations are being set according to each individual astrologer's personal opinion, resulting in a difference in Age-starts of as much as 400+ years!

Any comment concerning this post, Opal? Especially the first paragraph.

Last edited by david starling; 10-03-2019 at 06:24 PM.
Unread 10-03-2019, 08:31 PM

Let's look at a more obvious tropical Age, the Age of Sagittarius, which directly preceded the current tropical Age of Capricorn that's coming to a very problematic conclusion. Astrology as we know it developed during that Age, and the ancient Greek culture was at the cutting edge. Notice that Apollo, the god of archery, was called "the most Greek of the gods" and that his father, Zeus (Jupiter), was at the head of the pantheon. The very image for the Sign is the Greek Centaur.
In addition, the ingress of the tropical Age-indicator out of Scorpio and into Sagittarius, around 1300 B.C.E., fits the timeframe for the Exodus story, which is about crossing a body of water and emerging into the hot, dry desert. Symbolically, that's Water (Scorpio) changing to Fire (Sagittarius). This tropical Age was accompanied by another Fire-sign Age, the sidereal Age of Aries, which began a few centuries earlier.

Last edited by david starling; 10-04-2019 at 12:58 AM.
Unread 10-04-2019, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Where are you getting your research from? None of the reading I have done on the Ages has a direct motion.
It makes sense. The precession caused by the Earth's wobble results in the tropical zodiac rotating Retrograde through the sidereal zodiac, and the boundary of a tropical Sign marks the sidereal Age. But, all motion is relative to what is held in place. With the tropical zodiac held motionless, the constellations rotate through it with Direct motion.
No reason why something as important as the Earth's Ages wouldn't be a factor in the tropical zodiac.

Last edited by david starling; 10-04-2019 at 01:11 AM.
Unread 10-04-2019, 03:01 AM

Hi David,

I think I have described this before, but here goes.....

The zodiac circle or Royal Arch in the sky, is traced repeatedly designating different pole stars at different times in it journey through the ages.

The path of the sun around the earth changes 1 degree every 7,200 years. Culminating in a full 360 degree circle over whatever 360 x 7,200 years equals.

When the sunís path is going from the north to the south pole, it is referred to as The Age of Horrors, because of the extreme weather caused by the path of the sun.

The Tower of Babel was built to protect mankind and crops from the age of Horrors.

Is this what you were asking?

I ask, where do you get your direct motion information on The Ages?
Unread 10-04-2019, 03:12 AM

Quote:
It makes sense. The precession caused by the Earth's wobble results in the tropical zodiac rotating Retrograde through the sidereal zodiac, and the boundary of a tropical Sign marks the sidereal Age. But, all motion is relative to what is held in place. With the tropical zodiac held motionless, the constellations rotate through it with Direct motion.
No reason why something as important as the Earth's Ages wouldn't be a factor in the tropical zodiac.
Yes, it could. Why the direct motion though? All I have read is of retrograde motion on the Ages.
Unread 10-04-2019, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Hi David,

I think I have described this before, but here goes.....

The zodiac circle or Royal Arch in the sky, is traced repeatedly designating different pole stars at different times in it journey through the ages.

The path of the sun around the earth changes 1 degree every 7,200 years. Culminating in a full 360 degree circle over whatever 360 x 7,200 years equals.

When the sun’s path is going from the north to the south pole, it is referred to as The Age of Horrors, because of the extreme weather caused by the path of the sun.

The Tower of Babel was built to protect mankind and crops from the age of Horrors.

Is this what you were asking?

I ask, where do you get your direct motion information on The Ages?
Thought you knew. I figured it out in the 1980's on my own. Checked it thoroughly for correlations and logical consistency. I've been referring to it since I joined this Community.
I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this topic, although I always enjoy your posts. Your approach to the Ages is mystical and Biblical. Mine is analytical, practical, and down to Earth.

Last edited by david starling; 10-04-2019 at 03:20 AM.
Unread 10-04-2019, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Thought you knew. I figured it out in the 1980's on my own. Checked it thoroughly for correlations and logical consistency. I've been referring to it since I joined this Community.
I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this topic, although I always enjoy your posts. Your approach to the Ages is mystical and Biblical. Mine is analytical, practical, and down to Earth.
I try to use the numbers of precession....... they are the key to me.......

I admire your approach and methodology......I admire original thought......

I was checking to see your source because of it......

We are different David, yet similar......I enjoy reading you, and debating with you!

We donít have to agree on everything, we just have to inspire each other, and challenge each other......without animosity......

Thank you for your food of thought!
Unread 10-04-2019, 03:40 AM

Quote:
I try to use the numbers of precession....... they are the key to me.......

I admire your approach and methodology......I admire original thought......

I was checking to see your source because of it......

We are different David, yet similar......I enjoy reading you, and debating with you!

We donít have to agree on everything, we just have to inspire each other, and challenge each other......without animosity......

Thank you for your food of thought!
Definitely no animosity whatsoever. I have gained some valuable insights from your posts.
Unread 10-04-2019, 03:47 AM

Hey, where's our Ancar-man?
Unread 10-04-2019, 03:51 AM

Probably waiting for us to shut up and let others play😄!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Opal For This Useful Post:
david starling (10-04-2019)
Unread 10-04-2019, 04:51 AM

Quote:
By the way.....now that I know the source, I am more interested.....I will want to hear more.......

Do your natal Mercury, Jupiter and Uranus contact each other....? or by midpoint?

and no, I didn't know, I just joined here in March.......
Unread 10-04-2019, 07:13 AM

Jupiter in Scorpio is close-Trine my late Pisces Sun. I felt like a detective, following the clues to uncover the mystery of the Aquarian Age, as I perceived it. With Conj in Trine in , it makes sense I would focus on that.
Unread 10-05-2019, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Hey, where's our Ancar-man?
Yeah, I got your pun! It's actually pronounced "AHN-kahr", but it's close enough to be pretty punny - especially if you have a foreign accent!

I actually got off this train several stations back. (I'm phoning this in.) I realized that it was speeding into a byzantine region that I didn't have the background or stamina to explore - and there were only two or three passengers left when I disembarked. Fortunately, I just found a great book to curl up in bed with, which describes this territory from the basics - with pictures, diagrams and everything - so I'll likely get back on board when I've "boned up".
Unread 10-05-2019, 01:24 AM

Question Re: The Ugly Side of the Age of Aquarius

The age of Aquarius seems to be the middle of the procession of ages: from the Virgo birth to the Libra day of judgment. Are we at our peak or are we headed to extinction as a species and as a planet? The procession of ages: Virgo/Pisces is the starting point, 1. Leo/Aquarius, 2. Cancer/Capricorn, 3. Gemini/Sagittarius, 4. Taurus/Scorpio, 5. Aries/Libra, 6. Pisces/Virgo and now: Aquarius/Leo (AD 2000-2020 is the dawn of this new astrological age).
BlackLioness87 (11-15-2019)
Unread 10-05-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancar View Post
Eureka! Spot on, David!

It does seem an unrewarding pursuit to try and establish exact dates or boundaries for something as vast in scope as an Astrological Age.

Considering accepted axioms in quantum physics, the forefront of science, such as the Law of Uncertainty, Non-Locality, Quantum Entanglement, Wave-Particle Duality, Electron Clouds (and not "electron orbits"), etc. - not to mention the proposition of multiple dimensions that are actually out there all around us, but our brains are simply not equipped to perceive them - it may be that we struggle too much with mathematically precise Newtonian science in our attempts to determine the exact parameters of intangible concepts that are quite beyond such mechanistic definition. To my knowledge, there is no system of mathematics or coordinates that can explain synchronicity, and for me, an Astrological Age is a kind of synchronicity of the Earth's state of precession, the Zeitgeist, and the concurrent predominant symbology.

This is where we may look at archaeology for the symbology (which, we must not forget, will overlap - there are no rigid boundaries). In the Age of Taurus, the Great Bull of Mesopotamia, Egypt and the Minoans diminishes into the Golden Calf. Then in the Age of Aries, the Mighty Ram becomes the Lamb of God. Then the Fisherman becomes the Fish and is now just a Minnow we see on the car bumpers of some Christians. And with this exciting information from Opal telling us that Burgoyne claims the Age of Aquarius began in the 19th Century, it is rather interesting that some of the most influential HUMANS in the 19th Century were Aquarians: Edison was born on Feb. 11th, Darwin and Lincoln were both born on February 12th. Lincoln has become a symbol as familiar as the bull, ram, and fish in earlier ages - his image is on every US penny, every US $5 bill, and his magnificent monument, inside which a godlike statue of him sits like Zeus in his temple, dominates the capital of the most powerful country of the present era.

PS:
I must confess that in my earlier posts in this thread, I was woefully ignorant in my understanding of "sidereal" in the category "Modernistic Sidereal Astrology". Being an English teacher by profession, "sidereal" (according to the Oxford Dictionary) means "Of or with respect to the distant stars (i.e. the constellations or fixed stars, not the sun or planets)". Given this basic meaning of "sidereal", it is perfectly possible for Tropical Astrology to incorporate sidereal information without crossing "sectarian" lines.
Ancar, I really like your description of the astrological Ages as being "vast in scope". I discovered that in order to comprehend them more fully, it would take more than a single point, or even a single line. The founder of Modernistic siderealism, Cyril Fagan, gave me the idea. He saw the Age of Pisces as an Age of Aries, ruled by Mars. He knew a Piscean Age would be far more peaceful than what transpired following its beginning, according to his reckoning, in 221 A.D. He also said that since the Age of Pisces was more an Age of Aries, that would mean the Age of Aquarius would be like an Age of Pisces. He stopped there, and pretty much discounted the Vernal Point as a valid Age-indicator.
But, it gave me an idea: The Vernal Point is referred to as the "First Point of [tropical] Aries, which is a constructed 30 degree length of arc. Modernistic siderealism discounts the tropical zodiac altogether, so, i took the nomenclature "First Point of Aries" dropped the name Aries, but kept the entire 30 degree length, using BOTH the first and last points, and called it the "Age Interval". I also dropped the rest of the tropical zodiac, which wasn't needed in the sidereal context. Now I'm using the term "Age Window", because it's the window through which the Ages can be seen in a more comprehensive way.
When the Age Window converged with sidereal Aries, only Aries was visible. The Roman Empire was at its height, and appeared invincible.
I labeled the leading point of the Age Window, the Age-indicator, because it leads the way into the next Sign, in this case signaling the beginning of the Age of sidereal Pisces, and Aries switching from being the "foreground" Age-sign to being the "background" Age-sign. And, that's been a mismatch, because, to use the analogy, Pisces would be acoustic music, soulful, melodic, and low decibel. Whereas Aries would be highly amplified, heavy metal rock. A case of background overwhelming foreground. Although it was enough to end the Roman Empire, the Age of Pisces couldn't contain the warlike influence of Mars, and still can't, on the spiritual level.
I'll stop here, and hope you'll comment.
[Edit] Except to say, the Age Window concept can be applied to the tropical zodiac as well, provided there's a way to place it correctly.

Last edited by david starling; 10-06-2019 at 04:38 AM.

Tags
aquarius, side, ugly