Does having Venus in Pisces make a person weak?

aquarius7000

...Lots of venus in pisces are taken advantage and they find that if they let it happen, life is easier...
That is quite an apt way of describing Venus in Pisces. Pisces (the energy, not a complete individual) has difficulties letting go. One of the reasons it sees everything through rose-coloured glasses and takes to escapism when facing a difficult situation. Venus in Pisces, when in love or when it loves, will love to the point of being completely destroyed by the other person. It would rather take that pain than the pain of separation. It will even feel guilty to leave the other person on its own.

ChildOfVenus

Right a lot of people who have Venus in Pisces get taken advantage of. So people here should understand what I mean when I say this placement makes me feel weak sometimes.

ChildOfVenus

So because I have an afflicted Venus that means I will have trouble in regards to marrying someone who has money. I always thought that because I have Venus in the 8th house that meant that I might gain an inheritance through marriage.

aquarius7000

So because I have an afflicted Venus that means I will have trouble in regards to marrying someone who has money...
So, firstly, Venus in Pisces is exalted, even better placed than it is perhaps in Taurus and Libra, the two signs it rules. This is because the signs where planets are exalted treat these planets like VIP guests (as an analogy).

As to understanding something as weakness or strength many a times depends on what one considers important.

ChildOfVenus

So this is why I say that this placement can be a weakness.
That is quite an apt way of describing Venus in Pisces. Pisces (the energy, not a complete individual) has difficulties letting go. One of the reasons it sees everything through rose-coloured glasses and takes to escapism when facing a difficult situation. Venus in Pisces, when in love or when it loves, will love to the point of being completely destroyed by the other person. It would rather take that pain than the pain of separation. It will even feel guilty to leave the other person on its own.

aquarius7000

So this is why I say that this placement can be a weakness.
Only thing is that you might be missing the point as to what Venus is all about: love, love and love. Love in any relationship is all about giving and being one with the person/object of love. That is what Venus in Pisces most desires and does the best! That is its exaltation in the true sense of the word. Unfortunately, hurt is involved in the process sometimes. :)

Last edited:

ChildOfVenus

I'm saying that my Venus is afflicted because I have Venus square Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. But having Venus in the 8th house I've read that this means I could marry someone who has money and gain an inheritance. But because of the afflicted Venus this may no longer apply to me.
So, firstly, Venus in Pisces is exalted, even better placed than it is perhaps in Taurus and Libra, the two signs it rules. This is because the signs where planets are exalted treat these planets like VIP guests (as an analogy).

As to understanding something as weakness or strength many a times depends on what one considers important.

ChildOfVenus

I understand but most people don't love the way we do. So it just ends up being us doing all the loving. I wonder if the people really appreciate us though I mean after it's all said and done. And when we get fed up and no longer show that person love do they ever think that wow this person really cared.
Only thing is that you might be missing the point as to what Venus is all about: love, love and love. Love in any relationship is all about giving and being one with the person/object of love. That is what Venus in Pisces most desires and does the best! That is its exaltation in the true sense of the word. Unfortunately, hurt is involved in the process sometimes. :)

aquarius7000

I'm saying that my Venus is afflicted because I have Venus square Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. But having Venus in the 8th house I've read that this means I could marry someone who has money and gain an inheritance. But because of the afflicted Venus this may no longer apply to me.
I understand. However, without seeing the complete chart, it is not appropriate to say anything.

Horus

This also applies to Venus conjunct Neptune in Scorpio. Not that I would know anything about that. <clears throat> :whistling:

Horus

What does an afflicted Venus mean? Would having Venus square Uranus, Neptune and Saturn mean I have an afflicted Venus? So the thing about gaining through marriage doesn't apply to me?

It may or may not. Aspects certainly do modify placements. Gaining financially? Venus square Saturn might restrict that, depending on how you are dealing with Saturn's requirement. He usually likes you earn what you get with disciplined effort.

Venus square Uranus may make that marriage brief as this is a divorce-prone aspect unless it's an unconventional relationship characterized by a great deal of independence and freedom.

And with Venus square Neptune (and your Neptune is in the H5 of romance as well), the possibility of being deceived or being caught up in your own illusions (seeing what you want to see, wishful fancies, ignoring red flags, sweeping problems under the rug, etc.) in such matters is always a danger, unless you work extra hard to cultivate self-awareness, self-honesty, intuition, and heed and honor it. Healing work and regular meditation helps.

ChildOfVenus

But the aspects from my Venus to Saturn and Neptune are so wide. So I don't know if all the negative things that are said about these aspects would really apply to me. Yes having Neptune in the 5th house probably is a problem but I also have Mercury trine Saturn which should help a little. But then I also have Mercury square Neptune. Yes I know Venus square Uranus is a divorce aspect which is one of the reasons why I don't see the point of me getting married to begin with.
It may or may not. Aspects certainly do modify placements. Gaining financially? Venus square Saturn might restrict that, depending on how you are dealing with Saturn's requirement. He usually likes you earn what you get with disciplined effort.

Venus square Uranus may make that marriage brief as this is a divorce-prone aspect unless it's an unconventional relationship characterized by a great deal of independence and freedom.

And with Venus square Neptune (and your Neptune is in the H5 of romance as well), the possibility of being deceived or being caught up in your own illusions (seeing what you want to see, wishful fancies, ignoring red flags, sweeping problems under the rug, etc.) in such matters is always a danger, unless you work extra hard to cultivate self-awareness, self-honesty, intuition, and heed and honor it. Healing work and regular meditation helps.

Horus

But the aspects from my Venus to Saturn and Neptune are so wide. So I don't know if all the negative things that are said about these aspects would really apply to me. Yes having Neptune in the 5th house probably is a problem but I also have Mercury trine Saturn which should help a little. But then I also have Mercury square Neptune.

I wouldn't count the Venus sq. Neptune, but Venus in Pisces plus Neptune in the 5th sq. Merc is more than enough to cause the issues I described above.

Sagittarian Saturn square the Piscean Venus is 8° and that's valid for most astrologers. I emailed you a host of Saturn sq. Venus defs last year (6-15-15) -did you read them? Do they apply? You be the judge as to how much this one is affecting you.

aquarius7000

Well I guess it doesn't help that I also have Neptune in the 5th house.
That could mean added romanticism to flings and flirts.
What will really matter is if your Nep has any aspects to Venus, especially hard aspects like a square, opposition or a conjunction. That could really heighten the Pisces effect in terms of escapism, etc.
The signs of the outer planets (like Nep here) don't matter much as they affect generations. It is the house and aspects of the outer planets that need to be considered when looking at an individual's chart.

Last edited:

ChildOfVenus

Yeah I do have that hard aspect to Venus but I don't really think it means anything.
That could mean added romanticism to flings and flirts.
What will really matter is if your Nep has any aspects to Venus, especially hard aspects like a square, opposition or a conjunction. That could really heighten the Pisces effect in terms of escapism, etc.
The sign of the outer planets (like Nep here) don't matter much as they affect generations. It is the house and aspects of the outer planets that need to be considered when looking at an individual's chart.

Horus

Yeah I do have that hard aspect to Venus but I don't really think it means anything.

Venus square Neptune is 9° wide and an out-of-sign square, Neptune is in Capricorn which is basically compatible with Pisces -the signs are sextile. I don't think I would count it.

Not that it matters, Neptune is still doing a number on you being in the house of romance and courtship and squaring Jupiter, the ruler of the 5th. Arian Jupiter in the 8th may have certain beliefs about sex which are in conflict with your romantic ideals? Or Neptune is warping beliefs away from reality, possibly too much faith in a dubious intimate partner? :unsure: Something to ponder and watch out for.

ChildOfVenus

But I also have Uranus there as well and Sagittarius does something to my 5th house too. As far as romantic relationships go I've never been in love so.
Venus square Neptune is 9° wide and an out-of-sign square, Neptune is in Capricorn which is basically compatible with Pisces -the signs are sextile. I don't think I would count it.

Not that it matters, Neptune is still doing a number on you being in the house of romance and courtship and squaring Jupiter, the ruler of the 5th. Arian Jupiter in the 8th may have certain beliefs about sex which are in conflict with your romantic ideals? Or Neptune is warping beliefs away from reality, possibly too much faith in a dubious intimate partner? :unsure: Something to ponder and watch out for.