Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology

Horary Astrology Ask and answer any horary questions, and discuss theory and technique. Please post a chart of the time, date, and place you asked the question. Please do not ask the same question repeatedly, hoping for a different result: horary works best when you ask the question ONCE and then interpret the chart that results from when the question FIRST came into your mind. Horary forums are ONLY for discussion of horary charts and techniques.

Closed Thread
Unread 11-12-2016, 02:21 AM

Re: Am I reading this chart correctly?

Yes SOME things do stay the same but not everything. So if I ask a Horary question about whether or not I'll get married and the chart says no. But then months later I meet a guy fall in love and get married. See what I mean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
Not really, a lot of things in life stay exactly the same.

Unread 11-12-2016, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildOfVenus View Post
Yes SOME things do stay the same but not everything. So if I ask a Horary question about whether or not I'll get married and the chart says no. But then months later I meet a guy fall in love and get married. See what I mean?
And how do you know that you actually will?

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dirius For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (11-12-2016)
Unread 11-12-2016, 02:28 AM

People make it seem like the answers you get from Horary Charts are the final say so. Like the answers dictate the decisions you make in life. That's the part I don't understand so if a chart gives a no answer the person just gives up on the situation at hand? That's why I ask if people actually let astrology dictate what they do in life?
Unread 11-12-2016, 02:32 AM

Ok so what would you do if you asked a question about a person and you received a no answer. Would you just cut the person off and stop talking to them because of what the chart says?
Quote:
And how do you know that you actually will?
Unread 11-12-2016, 02:37 AM

Quote:
People make it seem like the answers you get from Horary Charts are the final say so. Like the answers dictate the decisions you make in life. That's the part I don't understand so if a chart gives a no answer the person just gives up on the situation at hand? That's why I ask if people actually let astrology dictate what they do in life?
Given that you choose to cast the chart in the first place, you can't really say the chart is the one dictating your life.

Anyway, we did talked this on a long post in which we traditionals explained our view on that subject. Pay particular attention to what Oddity has to say. You may find some answers in that topic.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=94987

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirius For This Useful Post:
ChildOfVenus (11-12-2016), JUPITERASC (11-12-2016)
Unread 11-12-2016, 02:44 AM

Thank you I'll read this thread.
Quote:
Given that you choose to cast the chart in the first place, you can't really say the chart is the one dictating your life.

Anyway, we did talked this on a long post in which we traditionals explained our view on that subject. Pay particular attention to what Oddity has to say. You may find some answers in that topic.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=94987
Unread 11-12-2016, 12:18 PM

So it's better if an astrologer pulls up the chart instead of the person who's asking the questions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
I've erected charts for others before in the past as well as myself. I actually find it more accurate to read the charts of others than my own.
Unread 11-12-2016, 12:26 PM

Quote:

So it's better if an astrologer pulls up the chart instead of the person who's asking the questions?
It seems you are not reading Dirius responses on this thread

the question you just asked
has already been asked on this thread
and answered by Dirius as follows

Quote:

To be honest, it would be better, but people will not really do it unless they get paid. No one minds giving a free help to someone attempting to read a chart. But I hardly think most people will go the extra mile to give you a complete horary service for free. It happens from time to time, mostly with interesting questions, or to help out really newby posters.

The problem with newby chart making is that, usually, most people are constantly doing horary charts, and making multiple charts about the same question, and end up just posting one they like. In most cases, the chart is not really giving any answers, so the outcome of it is completly different from what people predict.

There are a few users in this section that have been posting charts, every week, about the same thing (love life), and probably casting more charts than what they post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 11-12-2016, 02:16 PM

Would job be the 6th house?
Unread 11-12-2016, 04:54 PM

Quote:
At least if the astrologer pulls up the chart, you would be avoiding the situation you currently find yourself where you have created countless charts for a single question, with each subsequent chart being less radical (read: relevant) than the next.

An astrologer would erect the chart for the question once, and if they are honest/competent enough, give you a sound verdict based on astrological principles regardless of what you personally want the chart to tell you.

As I understand it, no branch of astrologer is static save for elections (probably). The timing used will depend on the branch and as horary works within a small area of interest i.e one question about a specific thing, horary will rely upon the continuous movements of the planets in the chart to tell you the unfolding of events. Tikana gave some examples of this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
Dirius (11-12-2016), JUPITERASC (11-12-2016)
Unread 11-12-2016, 04:58 PM

Venus, the real problem is that you seem to have very little knowledge of astrology, and you are already jumping into casting horary charts, despite having no idea how they are supposed to be read.

You are driving yourself crazy, without understanding any of it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dirius For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (11-12-2016)
Unread 11-12-2016, 05:02 PM

Right but other people said different things about the chart I posted some people said yes. You said that the chart will tell you the unfolding of events. So basically whatever the chart says is set in stone? Mars on the AC means that our friendship will break up and that we will no longer be involved with each other?
Quote:
At least if the astrologer pulls up the chart, you would be avoiding the situation you currently find yourself where you have created countless charts for a single question, with each subsequent chart being less radical (read: relevant) than the next.

An astrologer would erect the chart for the question once, and if they are honest/competent enough, give you a sound verdict based on astrological principles regardless of what you personally want the chart to tell you.

As I understand it, no branch of astrologer is static save for elections (probably). The timing used will depend on the branch and as horary works within a small area of interest i.e one question about a specific thing, horary will rely upon the continuous movements of the planets in the chart to tell you the unfolding of events. Tikana gave some examples of this.
Unread 11-12-2016, 05:05 PM

Yes I am new to astrology but I do understand some of it.
Quote:
Venus, the real problem is that you seem to have very little knowledge of astrology, and you are already jumping into casting horary charts, despite having no idea how they are supposed to be read.

You are driving yourself crazy, without understanding any of it.
Unread 11-12-2016, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Right but other people said different things about the chart I posted some people said yes. You said that the chart will tell you the unfolding of events. So basically whatever the chart says is set in stone? Mars on the AC means that our friendship will break up and that we will no longer be involved with each other?
Astrology has a high interpretive component (if you hadn't already noticed that) so people will differ in the way that they look at your chart. How people view the chart will depend on their level of knowledge, level of experience and the way they view the various planets and points in the chart themselves.

A way you can use to decide who is saying the right things, is to listen to the people who have a proven track record of getting predictions correct, and there just so happened to be a number of them on your last thread. Obviously they aren't infallible () but there is a higher chance that they will hit the mark more than your own interpretation, which is mired in wishful thinking and ignorance.

As to horary charts being set in stone, inherent in you asking the question to an astrologer/astrology is the assumption that "the stars can provide me with the answer to my query". What is happening with horary is it telling you what is currently happening within the context that you asked about - putting everything on the table - as opposed to deciding the outcomes for you. Theoretically you can change what the horary tells you, but that would take sustained discipline and self-awareness which most people don't care to do.
The Following User Says Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (11-12-2016)
Unread 11-12-2016, 05:20 PM

I see that I had asked a question where I used my date of birth I can't remember if I created that chart before or after the one I made with the Capricorn Rising. I guess I've messed up then but I guess the chart with the Capricorn Rising would still be right since I did use the correct birth time and location.
Unread 11-12-2016, 05:31 PM
Banned

Was the reason people were coming up with different answers not because you had posted more than one question and horary chart in the same thread, so people were reading different charts?

Tikana gave a very definitive answer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bluebell87 For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (11-12-2016)
Unread 11-12-2016, 05:40 PM

She said that she didn't think the guy and I would meet again. Yet other people said yes I even asked on another astrology forum and I was told yes. The Moon sextile Saturn is why people are saying yes. The reason why she said no is because of the Mars on the ASC. And then you went on about how I will learn the hard way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebell87 View Post
Was the reason people were coming up with different answers not because you had posted more than one question and horary chart in the same thread, so people were reading different charts?

Tikana gave a very definitive answer.
Unread 11-12-2016, 05:43 PM

Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
Quote:
She said that she didn't think the guy and I would meet again. Yet other people said yes I even asked on another astrology forum and I was told yes. The Moon sextile Saturn is why people are saying yes. The reason why she said no is because of the Mars on the ASC. And then you went on about how I will learn the hard way.
For love of God... Lol sextiles are the weakest yes. U need mutual reception or strong essential dignity. U don't have that... Saturn is peregrine. Malefic super agressve mars on asce is bad omen
The Following User Says Thank You to tikana For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (11-12-2016)
Unread 11-12-2016, 05:45 PM

My wishful thinking and ignorance? I wasn't doing any wishful thinking I just asked a question. I was trying to figure out why the guy would be sending me proactive pictures saying that he wanted to do things with me if the chart said no. The chart tells you what is currently happening meaning that it shows the way things are for the time being and not permanently? So how will you know whether or not the situation will change?
Quote:
Astrology has a high interpretive component (if you hadn't already noticed that) so people will differ in the way that they look at your chart. How people view the chart will depend on their level of knowledge, level of experience and the way they view the various planets and points in the chart themselves.

A way you can use to decide who is saying the right things, is to listen to the people who have a proven track record of getting predictions correct, and there just so happened to be a number of them on your last thread. Obviously they aren't infallible () but there is a higher chance that they will hit the mark more than your own interpretation, which is mired in wishful thinking and ignorance.

As to horary charts being set in stone, inherent in you asking the question to an astrologer/astrology is the assumption that "the stars can provide me with the answer to my query". What is happening with horary is it telling you what is currently happening within the context that you asked about - putting everything on the table - as opposed to deciding the outcomes for you. Theoretically you can change what the horary tells you, but that would take sustained discipline and self-awareness which most people don't care to do.

Last edited by ChildOfVenus; 11-12-2016 at 05:50 PM.
Unread 11-12-2016, 05:47 PM

Quote:
My wishful thinking and ignorance?
In general. Ignorance means lack of knowledge and wishful thinking because nobody does a chart without any desire for a specific answer, otherwise they're lying. A proper astrologer bypasses both these issues.
JUPITERASC (11-12-2016)
Unread 11-12-2016, 05:58 PM

Quote:
So how will you know whether or not the situation will change?
When the situation asked about either happens or doesn't happen.
JUPITERASC (11-12-2016)
Unread 11-12-2016, 06:00 PM

Yes you are right but what happens when you get yes and no answers then what?
Quote:
In general. Ignorance means lack of knowledge and wishful thinking because nobody does a chart without any desire for a specific answer, otherwise they're lying. A proper astrologer bypasses both these issues.
Unread 11-12-2016, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Yes you are right but what happens when you get yes and no answers then what?
A couple of things.

1.You can learn to a proficiency where you can read your own charts
2. You can see what happens and then look at the chart after the fact to see why the yes or the no was stronger
3. Disregard astrology and live your life. Majority of people on Earth are doing this with great success.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
IleneK (11-12-2016), JUPITERASC (11-12-2016), tikana (11-12-2016)
Unread 11-12-2016, 06:33 PM

Well I do like reading about astrology.
Quote:
A couple of things.

1.You can learn to a proficiency where you can read your own charts
2. You can see what happens and then look at the chart after the fact to see why the yes or the no was stronger
3. Disregard astrology and live your life. Majority of people on Earth are doing this with great success.
Unread 11-12-2016, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Well I do like reading about astrology.
Then git gud
Closed Thread

Tags
chart, correctly, reading