No oppositions in natal...what does this mean?

What is your take on this? Personally I have no oppositions (unless you count Uranus opposite chiron). I have read that oppositions sometimes indicate what you project on others. I think it's fair to say that I tend not to blame others in my life for my own circumstances/ situations, etc...but is there something positive regarding oppositions I may lack?

Thanks for you imput!

tootsie

Hey, Oppositions are usually like a separation, but you need to look at your progressions and solar return ect. From what I know progressions actually set off the transits. In fact, you may not even feel different transits with outer planets if there aren't the progressions to trigger the different themes and avents.
T

Aaronmcc11

Oppositions usually indicate challenges in regards to our personal relationships that require an adjustment in action. Once a challenge is overcome though, there can be a harmonious exchange of energy between the opposing planets, since they are in harmonious elements.
I would guess that an absence of oppositions would indicate less challenges in personal relationships and that there already exists in your life a degree of harmonious unity represented by opposite signs. If we assume that you have no oppositions because those lessons are already well learned than there is nothing negative about it. Of course, if you include other bodies (like you said, Chiron) there will surely be oppositions to be had!

oppositions are not normally 'just about' relationships, like squares and conjunctions they are considered hard aspects, but with less tension.It's a *lesson* in learning to balance the planets energies, in whatever area of life the two planets fall/house...

If an opposition includes an outer, like uranus, neptune or pluto are above the horizon, or stuck in 12th or cadent house, you may never 'feel' the energies in anyevent. They can be rather subtle parts of 'personality'

Thanks for the feedback!

I'm interested as both my boys have some big oppositions...both recieving some help through trines and sextiles, so hopefully not too disruptive for them. Also, libra is strong in both thier charts, so maybe the opps will just be reinforcement of their natural diplomacy...

Rebel Uranian

Oppositions are basically flip sides of the same thing. Look at Aquarius/Leo and Capricorn/Cancer. Aquarius is about collectivism and Leo is about individualism. Capricorn is about restraint and Cancer is about nurturing. Collectivism and individualism and restraint and nurturing are the same concept used in opposite ways. They have to balance each other out and realize that they're the same to get along, and thus oppositions provide understanding.

Lin

All my planets fall into a "bundle" and within a trine....so I have no oppositions....also no retrogrades, no intercepted signs.
But I have planets in every element and quality....so I'm good.

the thing is, that those of us who have no oppositions by birth will soon experience them from transits and eventually with progressions.

I am an only child, so I really had to learn about one-on-one relationships from scratch.
However: I have 5 planets between the 7th and 8th houses....so I always needed relationships. It was work.

Too many oppositions are definitely worse....much worse than none because the
"message" is that you always must be making choices, decisions, and these can "feel" like a matter of life and death....when really they are not.
Also, traditionally, it is said that too many oppositions can affect the health very negatively.
LIN

Thank you Lin, great points!

I also have something of a bundle, but with my 11th, 12th and 1st houses busy, so my lack of opps probably contributes to a sort of subjective orientation, also noted with my lack of air. Thankfully I am surrounded by air signs in my family, so I am placed in a community of objective thought. Helps a lot.

True also about transit opps...it's interesting because I am just finishing up transit pluto opp my mars/jup conjunction. That was intense. I have never felt so "torn" in my life...life/death decision making stuff. I'm surprised I didn't get an ulcer!

Last edited: