Mars Retrograde

ccb2879

So I’m still learning about astrology and was listening to a you tube video and the person said to look at where Mars is your natal chart and you can see how the retrograde can impact you. Did I understand that correctly? I have Mars in my 12th and I live alone and with COVID have felt completely isolated and lost touch with the outside world. Isn’t solitude one of the 12th houses themes?

Osamenor

Staff member
Solitude is indeed a twelfth house theme. But what they mean by "where Mars is in your chart" is where transiting Mars is in your chart. Which of your houses is the retrograde taking place in? Which of your planets, if any, does it aspect? Which of your natal houses are ruled by Mars?

If you have natal Mars retrograde, that right there changes the quality of Mars retrograde for you, even if the retrograde doesn't touch your natal Mars.

ccb2879

Solitude is indeed a twelfth house theme. But what they mean by "where Mars is in your chart" is where transiting Mars is in your chart. Which of your houses is the retrograde taking place in? Which of your planets, if any, does it aspect? Which of your natal houses are ruled by Mars?

If you have natal Mars retrograde, that right there changes the quality of Mars retrograde for you, even if the retrograde doesn't touch your natal Mars.
Ah ok, my natal Mars is not retrograde and transiting Mars is in my 10th House. It only makes one aspect and it’s to my Venus in the 1st House of Cancer, lovely... Scorpio rules my 5th house and I can say I feel it there for sure.

Thanks for the input!!!!

Osamenor

Staff member
Ah ok, my natal Mars is not retrograde and transiting Mars is in my 10th House. It only makes one aspect and it’s to my Venus in the 1st House of Cancer, lovely... Scorpio rules my 5th house and I can say I feel it there for sure.

Thanks for the input!!!!

If your natal Mars is in the later half of Gemini, this Mars retrograde will sextile it.

You might also have other transits raising solitude for you. Maybe something touching your twelfth house, or maybe something involving Saturn. Saturn is associated with solitude as well.

Kintpuash

Banned
This recent Mars retrograde was powerful. A lot things getting torn down and burned up, and fighting, and war-like violence all around "over and beyond.' Even in people's home or work or civic lives - mars burned through, stopped, went back to burn more and then moved on and burned again. If you can sense that 'action' in some aspect of your life during this time, your chart will show it in real time.

Zeuses

I have natal mars in the 8th and I've had mars transiting the 8th through this time. Alongside it conjuncting the sun and mars at points, it has also sextiled Venus (10th). The only thing I've noticed from it is I've taken on a new sport activity. Nothing else.