Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Research and Development

Research and Development This is a forum designed for applying scientific methods and understanding to all approaches of astrology, cooperative formulation and testing of new ideas, re-examination of known methods of delineation and interpretation, and the exploration of new astrological methods of all kinds (e.g. heliocentric models, planetary nodes and apogees, etc.).

View Poll Results: Do your Appearance match your Ascendant?
Yes, it does 6 24.00%
No, it does not 5 20.00%
Yes, it does somewhat 14 56.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 03-01-2020, 10:05 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
The deep, dark eyes I have often noticed with people with Sco rising and Sco Sun (both aspects), and with people with Pluto at the Asc.

Curvy body makes sense with Jup conj. Asc. and Jup trine Venus, the latter being the ruler of the Asc. Is Jup closer by degree to the Asc. than Saturn?
Libra asc is at 1degree 6
Jupiter 8.55
Saturn 9.14
Pluto 24.2

Iím cap sun

Maybe deep eyes due to Pluto

Unread 03-01-2020, 10:37 PM
Account Closed

Re: Ascendant and Appearance - do they match up?

Forgot to mention I look younger than I actually am. I get told all the time and when I tell people my age they get shocked. Of course I see this as great. I do get people talking to me like Iím a younger person which is just ageist lol but thatís a whole new thread....
Unread 03-01-2020, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
Libra asc is at 1degree 6
Jupiter 8.55
Saturn 9.14
Pluto 24.2

Iím cap sun

Maybe deep eyes due to Pluto
Well, Venus ruled Asc. and Jup right their as well as the Jup-Ven aspect (that outscores the Saturn part)... you are going to be slightly curvy because Venus likes softness and not bones sticking out.

The part about looking younger could have to do with the airy Libra... Asc, like Jenn Anniston

ďSome people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.Ē óParamahansa Yogananda
Unread 03-01-2020, 11:48 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Well, Venus ruled Asc. and Jup right their as well as the Jup-Ven aspect (that outscores the Saturn part)... you are going to be slightly curvy because Venus likes softness and not bones sticking out.

The part about looking younger could have to do with the airy Libra... Asc, like Jenn Anniston
My merc, Venus nept are all in 3rd house sag. I always thought that my Venus in 3rd would make me young at heart too. Do have a leo moon.

Thanks for your insights 😊
Unread 03-05-2020, 04:18 PM

I have an interesting situation on this topic.

Cancer asc, Sun in Pisces. In Vedic it's Gemini/Aquarius, obviously.

I got absolutely nothing Piscean on me, except maybe eyes, which can also be Cancerian. Maybe they're a bit darker blue than they're supposed to be for a Cancerian.

The only thing Piscean I have is my personality, and even that is changing into Cancerian/Gemini. Also fav colors, blue and purple, Piscean.

Cancerian face and tendendy for it to get round. Nothing else. Most of my personality is Cancerian.

Gemini is what I really look like. Slender, average to tall, nervous musculature, forget to eat due to intellectual stimulation, chameleon like dressing and behaving but with tendency to dominate and challenging, deep, penetrating but playful eyes and look.

And Gemini is how I feel, I only feel Cancerian about marriage.

Pisces' intuition is great, but I'm happy to keep using it without the other Piscean "qualities", except for vices.

Fight sport with drugs!
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ॥

Om Asato Maa Sad-Gamaya |
Tamaso Maa Jyotir-Gamaya |
Mrtyor-Maa Amrtam Gamaya |
Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||
Unread 03-05-2020, 05:03 PM

Smile Re: Ascendant and Appearance - do they match up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekonomist13 View Post
I have an interesting situation on this topic.

Cancer asc, Sun in Pisces. In Vedic it's Gemini/Aquarius, obviously.

I got absolutely nothing Piscean on me, except maybe eyes, which can also be Cancerian. Maybe they're a bit darker blue than they're supposed to be for a Cancerian.

The only thing Piscean I have is my personality, and even that is changing into Cancerian/Gemini. Also fav colors, blue and purple, Piscean.

Cancerian face and tendendy for it to get round. Nothing else. Most of my personality is Cancerian.

Gemini is what I really look like. Slender, average to tall, nervous musculature, forget to eat due to intellectual stimulation, chameleon like dressing and behaving but with tendency to dominate and challenging, deep, penetrating but playful eyes and look.

And Gemini is how I feel, I only feel Cancerian about marriage.

Pisces' intuition is great, but I'm happy to keep using it without the other Piscean "qualities", except for vices.

Fight sport with drugs!
Where's your Moon in tropical coordinates?
I have late Pisces Sun in tropical, and early Pisces in Vedic using any of the different ayanamsas. I've been told (since I'm not Vedic-educated) that my Moon is also in the same Sign (Aquarius) in both tropical and Vedic, even though it's mid-Sign in tropical.
My Ascendant is mid-Pisces in tropical, and I'd say I look more Pisces than Aquarius, and act more Piscean as well.

My NN is in at 5 degrees tropical Gemini, and that fits me well.

Last edited by david starling; 03-05-2020 at 05:22 PM.
Unread 03-05-2020, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Where's your Moon in tropical coordinates?
I have late Pisces Sun in tropical, and early Pisces in Vedic using any of the different ayanamsas. I've been told (since I'm not Vedic-educated) that my Moon is also in the same Sign (Aquarius) in both tropical and Vedic, even though it's mid-Sign in tropical.
My Ascendant is mid-Pisces in tropical, and I'd say I look more Pisces than Aquarius, and act more Piscean as well.

My NN is in at 5 degrees tropical Gemini, and that fits me well.
Capricorn in modern, Sagittarius in Vedic.

I also have a Capricorn stellium and I can feel it in my ambition and introvertion and seclusion while working on something big. But nothing physical.

I'm guessing the look I have which I've attributed to Gemini could be due to my eyebrows. I frequently guess people's modality by the eyebrows - you can't miss analytical eyebrows which equally belong to Pisces, Gemini, Virgo and Sags. Those are nascent like Aries, but little less than Aries, and they're often more dense.

And I know Cancerian eyebrows are like ^ ^ - something like Ariana Grande

How are your eyebrows?

Last edited by Ekonomist13; 03-05-2020 at 05:47 PM.
Unread 03-05-2020, 06:01 PM

Smile Re: Ascendant and Appearance - do they match up?

Quote:

I also have a Capricorn stellium and I can feel it in my ambition and introvertion and seclusion while working on something big. But nothing physical.

I'm guessing the look I have which I've attributed to Gemini could be due to my eyebrows. I frequently guess people's modality by the eyebrows - you can't miss analytical eyebrows which equally belong to Pisces, Gemini, Virgo and Sags. Those are nascent like Aries, but little less than Aries, and they're often more dense.

How are your eyebrows?
Kind of "bushy", but I keep them moderately trimmed.
Unread 03-05-2020, 06:15 PM
Account Closed

Aaaah yes thatís something we have missed. Vedic ascendants

My Vedic asc is Virgo so whatís that meant to look like?
Unread 03-07-2020, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Aaaah yes thatís something we have missed. Vedic ascendants

My Vedic asc is Virgo so whatís that meant to look like?
Same as modern LIbra?

Unread 03-07-2020, 05:17 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Same as modern LIbra?
Modern libra 🤔 hmmmmm
Unread 03-14-2020, 05:59 AM

Libra Ascendant here, Iím 5í11 muscular. The only thing that matches is that I have dimples lol. My ascendant gets hit hard. Mercury conjunct ascendant, Mars opposite Ascendant, Jupiter trine Ascendant, Neptune square Ascendant.

Interesting topic

I look young, people think iím in my mid 20ís but Iím 31 lol maybe the Mercury conjunct Ascendant?

Last edited by Tony88; 03-14-2020 at 06:10 AM.
Unread 03-14-2020, 11:41 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony88 View Post
Libra Ascendant here, Iím 5í11 muscular. The only thing that matches is that I have dimples lol. My ascendant gets hit hard. Mercury conjunct ascendant, Mars opposite Ascendant, Jupiter trine Ascendant, Neptune square Ascendant.

Interesting topic

I look young, people think iím in my mid 20ís but Iím 31 lol maybe the Mercury conjunct Ascendant?
Yes I think so. Mercury and libra makes one look young. How does the rest of the aspects pan out for u?
Unread 03-14-2020, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Yes I think so. Mercury and libra makes one look young. How does the rest of the aspects pan out for u?
Mars opposite Ascendant - gave me the muscular frame or the drive to pursue
Bodybuilding?

Jupiter trine Ascendant - I put on weight fast lol and tall for my family.

Neptune square Ascendant - this one I donít know, people that meet me are confused by my ethnicity Iím Hispanic but some think iím Italian or middle eastern lol. Neptune confusion? Lol, I would like know others with Neptune hard aspect to Ascendant.
Unread 03-14-2020, 03:49 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony88 View Post
Mars opposite Ascendant - gave me the muscular frame or the drive to pursue
Bodybuilding?

Jupiter trine Ascendant - I put on weight fast lol and tall for my family.

Neptune square Ascendant - this one I donít know, people that meet me are confused by my ethnicity Iím Hispanic but some think iím Italian or middle eastern lol. Neptune confusion? Lol, I would like know others with Neptune hard aspect to Ascendant.
Lovely 😊
I donít have any hard aspects to Neptune. My only aspect with Neptune is a sextile to Pluto
I have Jupiter in first house and if I donít work hard at gym Iím prone to put weight on. Venus chart ruler
Mars for you is a great thing then
Unread 06-17-2020, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Interesting.

In my case, I have a Leo Asc. with nothing in my first house or on the Asc. My Sun is almost unaspected except by Merc. (which is the case with most Suns).

I am of average height (under 5'5"), have thick and wavy hair, walk proud, have an open oval-to-round face, have been told to initially (unless people get to know me well) come across as sort of arrogant and over-confident, have a presence that fills the room. I can be quite childish, or child-like, and, yes, I don't like being ignored (hurts my pride).
Funny thing, I've known people with exact same descriptions who are Cancer ascendants (been spending more time thinking about them because Im as well Cancer ascendant).

Do we have some room here for Asc calculation errors or....?

I really need ideas, I'm hard-stuck with 15 different researches into astrology. You have an idea, I've probably tested it.

Well, that is, if the idea includes Sun sign or ascendant, I really did not bother with planets and aspects as there are multiple available researches such as Gauquelin ones etc)

Unread 06-17-2020, 11:53 PM

Funny thing, I have seen cancer Asc that look quite different than how you claim for them to look.

I suggest you continue with your study and I will pursue mine.

Quote:
Funny thing, I've known people with exact same descriptions who are Cancer ascendants (been spending more time thinking about them because Im as well Cancer ascendant).

Do we have some room here for Asc calculation errors or....?

I really need ideas, I'm hard-stuck with 15 different researches into astrology. You have an idea, I've probably tested it.

Well, that is, if the idea includes Sun sign or ascendant, I really did not bother with planets and aspects as there are multiple available researches such as Gauquelin ones etc)
Unread 06-19-2020, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Funny thing, I have seen cancer Asc that look quite different than how you claim for them to look.

I suggest you continue with your study and I will pursue mine.
I don't recall saying how any ascendant looks like, I've just said I've known a few matching your description in Cancer (no matter the degrees).

I was simply asking for ideas/knowledge/hypothesis to test. I am not a sceptic, but I am bound (in my mind) by the scientific method.

Having two people with exact same descriptions of their outer selves finding themselves in two different ascendant signs, begs for different answers.

For example, there's been a topic about "Spiritual birth" here on this forum, but I can't seem to find it again. The gist of it is that sometimes people are given a wrong ascendant and that it happens when your spiritual birth came before your actual birth (which to me sounds like the real ascendant should be calculated by the time of water bursting instead of birth).

Knowing a lot of such cases who get described better to the asc sign previous to their own, this is what I had in mind.

The idea is logical, intuitive and testable but I guess it makes you a bigger expert to just shut other people and ideas out and continue the only way which has been proved to not work.

No, ascendant signs without controlling for demographics and myriad of other hidden variables do not tell you anything about yourself. At least not anything right.

Unread 06-19-2020, 08:11 PM

Quote:

For example, there's been a topic about "Spiritual birth" here on this forum, but I can't seem to find it again. The gist of it is that sometimes people are given a wrong ascendant and that it happens when your spiritual birth came before your actual birth (which to me sounds like the real ascendant should be calculated by the time of water bursting instead of birth).
Found the original thread: https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...piritual+birth

That looks to me pretty plausible right now, after 15 different researches done on ascendant signs which brought no good news.

Unread 10-02-2020, 08:18 AM

The personality and physical appearance of the individual shall agree with the zodiacal sign on the Ascendant....especially the behavior and the face. It must be stressed that this is one of the most basic tenets of astrology. In general the first house rules the personality, the physical body and very specifically the head. The seventh house rules your spouse. If your spouse's astrological signature does not match up with the ASC / DEC axis in your chart this is a clue that your ASC is wrong?

Generally:
If a planet is in the 1st house and close to the ASC it may have an impact on the appearance. The sign containing the Sun might also have a subtle affect on the appearance.

Cardinal rising signs are compact and quick to move with ovate heads.
Think Jason Bourne types.

Fixed rising signs are thick bodied, stubborn and have squarish heads.
Think Charles Bronson's character types.

Mutable rising signs are tallish and slender, hard to pin down and have triangular shaped heads and faces.
Think rock stars and basketball players.
The Following User Says Thank You to David Phoenix For This Useful Post:
nadiaaa (10-02-2020)
Unread 10-02-2020, 01:44 PM

i have a gemini ascendant and i get told i look younger than i am most of the time i have venus trine mars (charming), saturn square ascendant (people with this aspect are know for having dark hair, pale skin, blue eyes.. like the herion chic era in the 90s), and uranus square ascendant which i think can make me look younger?? i have an aquarius midheaven
Unread 10-02-2020, 03:55 PM

Quote:

How are your eyebrows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post

Kind of "bushy", but I keep them moderately trimmed
First house represents the focal point for the personality
and manner of expression.

As well as describing the physical appearance
the condition of the First House house
and
that of its planetary ruler
indicates
the level of personal vitality and strength.

Main Rulerships of FIRST HOUSE = Life, vitality and health.

as well as

Stature
colour, complexion
form and shape of body.
Older sources note its influence upon the intellect
the way the mind works, and speech.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h1.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 10-02-2020, 11:06 PM

Hi nadiaaa,
Further cross checks for correct ASC.
If Gemini, are you somewhat taller and / or more slender than your familial genotype would suggest?
With GEM ASC and AQU MC you have an intercepted sign / house pair. Using Placidus houses which house axis contains the intercepted sign? Does that house axis properly describe your vocation or strong avocation? Answers to me not needed. These questions are for your self appraisal.
The Following User Says Thank You to David Phoenix For This Useful Post:
nadiaaa (10-03-2020)
Unread 10-02-2020, 11:15 PM

Cancer Ascendant+Aquarius sun = I'm a man with light or beige skin, dark brown or close to black hair, and bright blue eyes. The round "moon" face and described to appear handsome than many other men. And in race and ethnic origin, I'm half French/Flemish (via France in Europe) on Dad's side and has Cherokee/Osage (Native American) on my Mom's side - the 8th sun and moon represents parents coming from global diasporas and minority communities.
aquarius7000 (10-03-2020)
Unread 10-03-2020, 01:31 AM

Pisces ascendant and yea i can come off as sensitive or shy/quiet in new situations if I'm with people i don't know. But I'm a sagittarius so after they get to know me they discover someone else, although i have pisces moon too so someone super close gets to see that side too

I dont know if i look physically like pisces ascendant, i don't have large eyes like people always say pisces ascendant has. But i do have quite Tiny hands and feet (pisces rules those body parts).
The Following User Says Thank You to rosegarden For This Useful Post:
aquarius7000 (10-03-2020)

Tags
appearance, ascendant, match