Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Mundane Astrology

Mundane Astrology Discuss the astrology of towns, cities, states, provinces, countries, empires, and the world in general.

Unread 10-01-2019, 01:33 PM

Smile Re: The Ugly Side of the Age of Aquarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
December 22, 1880

The date that Thomas H Burgoyne said that the Age of Aquarius began.

He states that it begins with Michaelís rule. Who represents the Sun, Power and Kingdom.

He places Michaelís last rule from BC 280 to 29 AD, which would put the Age of Pisces starting at BC 280, by his writings.

He theorizes that The start of Michaelís rule is always beginning of a new age. Followed by Anael/Venus, Gabriel/Moon, Cassie/Saturn, Zachariel/Jupiter, Raphael/Mercury, and Samael/Mars who always ends the Age.

As shown in the diagrams of
The Realm of Spirit
Symbolical Illustration of the
Divine Harmony of Natureís Law

Found on Page 110 of his book ďThe Light of Egypt ď
This emphasizes the point made by Traditionalistic astrologer Robert Zoller that sidereal astrology is more about the spiritual realm, and tropical is more about the mundane.

Unread 10-01-2019, 01:40 PM

Re: The Ugly Side of the Age of Aquarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
This emphasizes the point made by Traditionalistic astrologer Robert Zoller that sidereal astrology is more about the spiritual realm, and tropical is more about the mundane.
I know that name......I might have something written by him.....

Do you agree with his findings, sounds plausible.......
Unread 10-01-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
I know that name......I might have something written by him.....

Do you agree with his findings, sounds plausible.......
Yes, it makes sense to me.
Unread 10-01-2019, 02:04 PM

It's why the Aquarian Age is so important to our spiritual connectivity, since Aquarius is Domicile of the planet with a name derived from the Greek "Urano", which means "of the Heavens". In several languages, including Spanish, that's actually the name used, instead of the misspelled word, "Uranus", which was neither Greek nor Roman.
Unread 10-01-2019, 02:31 PM

Since I've ascertained that tropical astrology, which is focused on worldly affairs, also has an Aquarian Age upcoming, in that context it means a reconnection of our material existence with our spiritual nature. The current state of the world is best described tropically [IMO]. That's where the "ugliness" comes into play. Trapped as we are on the material plane, in the tropical Age of the Sign in which Saturn is Domiciled, Capricorn, the approach of the tropical Age of Aquarius signals that the Heavens and the Earth are gradually being reunited. But, it's a slow, painful process.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
BlackLioness87 (11-11-2019)
Unread 10-01-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
December 22, 1880

The date that Thomas H Burgoyne said that the Age of Aquarius began.

He states that it begins with Michael’s rule. Who represents the Sun, Power and Kingdom.

He places Michael’s last rule from BC 280 to 29 AD, which would put the Age of Pisces starting at BC 280, by his writings.

He theorizes that The start of Michael’s rule is always beginning of a new age. Followed by Anael/Venus, Gabriel/Moon, Cassie/Saturn, Zachariel/Jupiter, Raphael/Mercury, and Samael/Mars who always ends the Age.

As shown in the diagrams of
The Realm of Spirit
Symbolical Illustration of the
Divine Harmony of Nature’s Law

Found on Page 110 of his book “The Light of Egypt “
Opal, did he write about how he determined the timing of Michael's rule?

Hope you're feeling better.

Last edited by david starling; 10-01-2019 at 07:29 PM.
Unread 10-01-2019, 07:19 PM

There's a problem with applying exact mundane, temporal dates to an occurrence in the spiritual realm like the start of a spiritual, sidereal Age.
More like individual prophecy than anything universally acknowledged.
Unread 10-02-2019, 04:21 AM

Quote:
I do think I have one of his....I googled him......I am looking
Unread 10-02-2019, 04:26 AM

Quote:
It's why the Aquarian Age is so important to our spiritual connectivity, since Aquarius is Domicile of the planet with a name derived from the Greek "Urano", which means "of the Heavens". In several languages, including Spanish, that's actually the name used, instead of the misspelled word, "Uranus", which was neither Greek nor Roman.
I thought it was "Ourano" originally, which I wondered if it had a link to "Ouroboros"........
Unread 10-02-2019, 04:33 AM

Quote:
There's a problem with applying exact mundane, temporal dates to an occurrence in the spiritual realm like the start of a spiritual, sidereal Age.
Eureka! Spot on, David!

It does seem an unrewarding pursuit to try and establish exact dates or boundaries for something as vast in scope as an Astrological Age.

Considering accepted axioms in quantum physics, the forefront of science, such as the Law of Uncertainty, Non-Locality, Quantum Entanglement, Wave-Particle Duality, Electron Clouds (and not "electron orbits"), etc. - not to mention the proposition of multiple dimensions that are actually out there all around us, but our brains are simply not equipped to perceive them - it may be that we struggle too much with mathematically precise Newtonian science in our attempts to determine the exact parameters of intangible concepts that are quite beyond such mechanistic definition. To my knowledge, there is no system of mathematics or coordinates that can explain synchronicity, and for me, an Astrological Age is a kind of synchronicity of the Earth's state of precession, the Zeitgeist, and the concurrent predominant symbology.

This is where we may look at archaeology for the symbology (which, we must not forget, will overlap - there are no rigid boundaries). In the Age of Taurus, the Great Bull of Mesopotamia, Egypt and the Minoans diminishes into the Golden Calf. Then in the Age of Aries, the Mighty Ram becomes the Lamb of God. Then the Fisherman becomes the Fish and is now just a Minnow we see on the car bumpers of some Christians. And with this exciting information from Opal telling us that Burgoyne claims the Age of Aquarius began in the 19th Century, it is rather interesting that some of the most influential HUMANS in the 19th Century were Aquarians: Edison was born on Feb. 11th, Darwin and Lincoln were both born on February 12th. Lincoln has become a symbol as familiar as the bull, ram, and fish in earlier ages - his image is on every US penny, every US $5 bill, and his magnificent monument, inside which a godlike statue of him sits like Zeus in his temple, dominates the capital of the most powerful country of the present era.

PS:
I must confess that in my earlier posts in this thread, I was woefully ignorant in my understanding of "sidereal" in the category "Modernistic Sidereal Astrology". Being an English teacher by profession, "sidereal" (according to the Oxford Dictionary) means "Of or with respect to the distant stars (i.e. the constellations or fixed stars, not the sun or planets)". Given this basic meaning of "sidereal", it is perfectly possible for Tropical Astrology to incorporate sidereal information without crossing "sectarian" lines.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ancar For This Useful Post:
BlackLioness87 (11-11-2019), Opal (10-02-2019)
Unread 10-02-2019, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Since I've ascertained that tropical astrology, which is focused on worldly affairs, also has an Aquarian Age upcoming, in that context it means a reconnection of our material existence with our spiritual nature. The current state of the world is best described tropically [IMO]. That's where the "ugliness" comes into play. Trapped as we are on the material plane, in the tropical Age of the Sign in which Saturn is Domiciled, Capricorn, the approach of the tropical Age of Aquarius signals that the Heavens and the Earth are gradually being reunited. But, it's a slow, painful process.
I am starting to hear you......I have to get by all that Cardinal shiznic sometimes

I like what I read sidereal for the Ages....

I like what I read tropical for natal......

Man, I am starting to learn "starling"
Unread 10-02-2019, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Opal, did he write about how he determined the timing of Michael's rule?

Hope you're feeling better.
I am on the upside of bad......thank you.....

I am rereading, between naps....trying to find his pinpoint.....he speaks of the date, and other times mundanely, but I am not finding a definitive determining time....he speaks of the other ages and their time slot, and the keys of Solomon.......I will get my copy of that out to and see if their is any hints in them.......that jump out at me.......

I believe you are aware of my Key of Mysteries fixation........Levi's key is my favorite depictions......and the one with the 10's......

anyways....I will keep reading......and sleeping......
Unread 10-02-2019, 04:56 AM

I am not a big fan of Edison, I am a Tesla fan......

But, the symbols used in the succession that they were in the time frames that they were is amazing....

With a Bible and a Concordance it is fun to look up the keywords of the zodiac and see where they pop up......

bull, lion, eagle, man

ram goat sheep fish virgin.........you get the point......
Unread 10-02-2019, 04:59 AM

Quote:
I thought it was "Ourano" originally, which I wondered if it had a link to "Ouroboros"........
You may be right. The Greek god was definitely Ouranos, and the goddess and Muse is spelled Ourania in the Greek. But I remember reading that "Urano" was translated as "of the Heavens", which may be Latin.
The Romans named Ouranos "Caelus", but just dropped the "O" for the Muse, and called her "Urania".
Looked up Ouroboros which means "tail-eater", so apparently no connection.
Opal (10-02-2019)
Unread 10-02-2019, 05:06 AM

talk to you all later...good night
Unread 10-02-2019, 05:18 AM

Quote:
I do think I have one of his....I googled him......I am looking
As a Traditionalistic astrologer, Zoller can't accept the possibility that the Domicle-ruler of Aquarius could be anything other than Saturn, and maintains that Saturn won't ever change from being the Greater Malefic. For that reason, he takes a very dim view of the Aquarian Age, which he now believes won't begin for many centuries.
I, for one, discount anything Traditionalistic astrologers might have to say about the Age of Aquarius. Their opinions on the matter are too severely flawed, because of their insistence that Uranian Sign-rulership is non-existent. Also, as it now stands, the astrological Ages are a Modernistic phenomenon, and aren't even included in the Traditionalistic lexicon.

Last edited by david starling; 10-02-2019 at 07:12 AM.
BlackLioness87 (11-11-2019)
Unread 10-02-2019, 01:54 PM

Since I consider Zoller a genius, it might sound strange for me to say that his opinion of what the Aquarian Age will be like is the antithesis of its true nature. An analogy as to why that's the case is, he's attempting to describe the results of an alchemical formula without including its key ingredient. His core philosophy regarding astrology limits what he's able to include.

Last edited by david starling; 10-02-2019 at 03:46 PM.
Unread 10-02-2019, 08:22 PM

Quote:
I am not a big fan of Edison, I am a Tesla fan......
Nor am I any fan of Edison the person at all (he was actually quite an egotistical, self-promoting jerk [Brit. "wanker"?] with limited brilliance). I have far more admiration for Tesla's incredible genius (and he was much weirder and socially dysfunctional as any true genius should be! )

However, when talking about the symbology of an Age - and assuming that the Age of Aquarius did indeed begin in the 19th Century as per Burgoyne - Edison - from the 19th Century until the recent "rediscovery" of Tesla - has uncontrovertibly been the world's icon of the Age of Electricity (Aquarius) - not because he originated the practical use of electricity or even came close to perfecting the way to make widespread use of it (that was entirely Tesla's doing - DC to AC - with Westinghouse's financial backing), but simply because Thomas Alva Edison was the MAN who got the ball rolling to popularize the use of electricity with his great aptitude for dramatic publicity and his egregious overshadowing of those who actually made major contributions to the use of electricity. (Reminds me of some very important politicians of our present time.) And the great significance here is that this undeniable iconic symbol of the Age of Electricity (flawed though he was in reality) was Aquarius.

Both Darwin and Lincoln - both Aquarius - were also deeply flawed as individuals, and their "great works" were ultimately devastating - what Tennyson aptly summarized from Darwin's work as "nature, red in tooth and claw" spread like a dark cloud over civilization and may even have led to the unprecedented savagery of the great world wars - "survival of the fittest" was a perfect slogan, a powerful motivation for Nazism. But Darwin became the very symbol of a NEW SCIENCE - devoid of any spiritual influence that even Newton had upheld.

And many historians have ascertained that Lincoln freed the slaves, not so much for racial equality, but rather to incapacitate the economy of the Southern States, thus assuring the triumph of the TECHNOLOGICAL culture of the Northern States. His racial stance was always "free but separate" - Lincoln never espoused integration, despite the great public misconception of the Emancipation Proclamation.

But these three humans (cf. the Tetramorph - bull, ram, fish, and human) became POWERFUL symbols (i.e., icons detached from their human realities) in the world consciousness in the 19th Century. A real bull was not any different or more "sacred" in the Age of Taurus from what it is now - but the Bull as a symbol was. Likewise a real ram vs the symbol of the Ram during the Age of Aries, and the fish during the Age of Pisces.

As for the argument that the Age of Pisces could not have involved such monstrous cruelty and warfare as the Inquisition, the Albigensian "Crusade" or the entire Crusades themselves, the Spanish and later American massacres of the indigenous civilizations, the constant series of dreadful wars in Europe, etc., etc. - such horrific violence has always been the nature of the human species, regardless of the Age. I highly recommend that one read at least the third and last section of Arthur Koestler's Ghost in the Machine (the first two sections are heavy reading and mostly unnecessary "preparation" for Part Three, where the point of the book is finally "driven home"). At that point, Koestler jolts us with the fact that homo sapiens, rats, and ants are the ONLY species known to have no instinctive inhibition of all-out murderous warfare against their own species - all it takes is belonging to a different group (not a different species) and all that inhibits the urge to annihilate one's own kind is fear. He also points out that hunting and killing for food is a very different phenomenon, and that all predatory species (except man, rats, and ants) kill without any anger or hatred - simply with hunger. Even the "dueling" involved in the male territoriality of other species is usually rather "ceremonious" and is settled with the retreat of the weaker individual without death, rarely with serious injury, and no persistent rage or pursuant violence. Quite "unhumanlike".

What is important is the salient features of each Age that made it different from the others. The Age of Taurus was an age of massive, monumental construction and incredible material treasures, with long enduring empires that changed very little over the centuries. The Age of Aries was an age of rapid changes and upsets, unprecedented new ways of social organization (e.g. the Greek city-states), of exploration of innovative new concepts that were not brought to their ultimate development (so Aries), and finally of the most successful aggressive warfare and domination the world had ever known (the Roman Empire).

And the Age of Pisces was the first time in history that love, gentleness, selflessness, and anti-materialism had ever been embraced and exalted to such a remarkable degree - but this new and original benevolence was ultimately too weak to withstand the ever-present evil of human corruption that distorted it beyond recognition. How Pisces can you get?

Last edited by Ancar; 10-03-2019 at 12:16 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ancar For This Useful Post:
passiflora (10-02-2019)
Unread 10-02-2019, 09:34 PM

I can remember how much I struggled with The Ghost in the Machine at 20 despite feeling like it had all my answers, but there was no one to read it with, only references in other texts had pointed there. Just picked it up again to read as you directed, thanks.

Do you see any way to limit the negative potentiality of human-machine cognition and power in the coming years besides degrowth (which I don't see happening intentionally)?

Last edited by passiflora; 10-02-2019 at 09:46 PM.
Unread 10-02-2019, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
I can remember how much I struggled with The Ghost in the Machine at 20 despite feeling like it had all my answers, but there was no one to read it with, only references in other texts had pointed there. Just picked it up again to read as you directed, thanks.

Do you see any way to limit the negative potentiality of human-machine cognition and power in the coming years besides degrowth (which I don't see happening intentionally)?
What about the AI scare, taken to the extreme in the movie Matrix?
Unread 10-03-2019, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post

I do not know of Ghost in the Machine........I will look it up.....
Unread 10-03-2019, 02:07 AM

https://www.youtube.com/user/BostonDynamics

Something scary.....AI
Unread 10-03-2019, 02:15 AM

However, when talking about the symbology of an Age - and assuming that the Age of Aquarius did indeed begin in the 19th Century as per Burgoyne - Edison - from the 19th Century until the recent "rediscovery" of Tesla - has uncontrovertibly been the world's icon of the Age of Electricity (Aquarius) - not because he originated the practical use of electricity or even came close to perfecting the way to make widespread use of it (that was entirely Tesla's doing - DC to AC - with Westinghouse's financial backing), but simply because Thomas Alva Edison was the MAN who got the ball rolling to popularize the use of electricity with his great aptitude for dramatic publicity and his egregious overshadowing of those who actually made major contributions to the use of electricity. (Reminds me of some very important politicians of our present time.) And the great significance here is that this undeniable iconic symbol of the Age of Electricity (flawed though he was in reality) was Aquarius.

If, at this time I had to pick a representative for the age of aquarius......it would be Tesla.......

Yes, Edison got the heads up first and the money......he hired people, Tesla was one of them, and stole their ideas. Many of Edison's inventions are not his. Tesla left his employ and never reached the heights that he should have because he was not a greed monger like Edison, Westinghouse and J P Morgan.
Unread 10-03-2019, 02:22 AM

Both Darwin and Lincoln - both Aquarius - were also deeply flawed as individuals, and their "great works" were ultimately devastating - what Tennyson aptly summarized from Darwin's work as "nature, red in tooth and claw" spread like a dark cloud over civilization and may even have led to the unprecedented savagery of the great world wars - "survival of the fittest" was a perfect slogan, a powerful motivation for Nazism. But Darwin became the very symbol of a NEW SCIENCE - devoid of any spiritual influence that even Newton had upheld.

And many historians have ascertained that Lincoln freed the slaves, not so much for racial equality, but rather to incapacitate the economy of the Southern States, thus assuring the triumph of the TECHNOLOGICAL culture of the Northern States. His racial stance was always "free but separate" - Lincoln never espoused integration, despite the great public misconception of the Emancipation Proclamation.

I do not agree with Darwin. If we evolved, I feel we had as we do now human intervention, manipulation of genetics. That, I cannot call evolution....not natural evolution.......

Lincoln, I have read.....freed the slaves so that they could be returned from whence the came......

It is too bad that history is so marred from reality.......tomorrow's myth's to be deciphered by future historians.....
Unread 10-03-2019, 02:25 AM

All ages will have and have had their atrocities and ecstasies .......positive and negative.......yin and yang......masculine and feminine......

Tags
aquarius, side, ugly