Everyone who's had transiting Saturn conjunct Natal Ascendant

Caro

The first sentence in my reply related to your transits in may (gemini - 9th house) SN in gemini.

the rest of the reply was for another poster.

I cee

The effects of the SN transit in gemini too.

ICEE - you say that your chart is Cap ruled? or saturn ruled. i dont get it.:pouty:
my friend has cap in mercury 1st house and has arthritus develop in her foot and back.saturn in 6th house. this was at a time when pluto was in her first house in sagi. She just wont transform!

did you have the pluto transit conj your natal sun when saturn transit in virgo?

Hi Caro, my asc is virgo which is ruled by mercury, my mercury is in capricorn.
Yes, pluto making its final trip over, I also broke links finally to my family 'last straw'
That sounds bad, arthritis! So is saturn sq her asc too? When saturn was in gemini, squaring my Asc, (gemini at MC natal chart), I'm not entirely sure, but pretty sure, I'll check dates, but I was having to leave a job because of a tendon problem plus the work was making my back worse, BUT again I also saw this as an opportunity to leave a bad job which was risking my health, and buckle down and take my creativity seriously, I needed my hands for my sculpting, so pulling a tendon was serious to me. I had been working there just for money and of course to keep the morgage paid and we were doing up the house.
My fella got lucky financially so that enabled us both for the first time to be free to take his music and my craft seriously and at the time the house got finished.
So again health problem which then kind of leads to leaving something I think that needed to be left, ie, work that was crippling me!
Saturn does seem to reward me eventually when I think back, although at the time It doesn't feel like it, like the bladder problem. I remember just sitting down and crying and saying 'somebody hates me up there' which is of course is pointless and so you have to just deal with it, but if I hadn't of gone thru that I wouldn't of got to the bottom of the other connected health problems.
So saturn brings obstacles for a reason!

Last edited:

Caro

It could have been when saturn was in virgo. so yes sq her asc. she had to move house. was forced into it. however instead of a fresh start she moved just down the road. then arthritus came on and bad back.

saturn natally trine merc in capricorn for her. a stellium of sagi planets in 11th.

yes saturn - father time. calls us to task to think about how we spend it. I guess.
your story is very interesting. not easy to cut off links from your family. i guess there is more to that than just sun sq pluto.

I have my own saturn issues at the moment so hope they turn out as favourably as yours.

you should write about it in a magazine ie spirit and destiny might help others. just from an energetic aspect it is very interesting.

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

First off, I would like to say, Thank You So Much for responding to this thread... what you have written in just this post has been a wonderfully enlightening response that I can relate to, for once. You seem to have a very keen eye on the current happenings (that are) transforming for you and us alike. I think you could probably even write a Self-Help guide on your experiences with Saturn crossing the Ascendant... just from what you've state here, is all very insightful.

Do you feel like you've missed a lot of opportunities in the recent past or just throughout your whole life, and fear is rearing its ugly head now? In comparison, I feel the same way but I am only 21 at this point (Saturn crossed my asc once already, and again with the recent retrograde :pinched:) and I feel like I have been closer to a failure than I'd like to admit for pretty much my whole second half of my life... like I am at the turning point right now, to change for better or worse ultimately... living somewhat of a recluse to determine the best course of action that I need to take... even from my family. Just trying to figure out what career direction I'm willing to work for is hard enough, but now I'm being forced to learn (Saturn) what my identity (12th/1st House) wants to become...

All too true... I grew up minus my Real father-figure (died when I was a toddler)... my grandfather took his place be this, and it included a strange cold, distant and sometimes berating relationship he had towards me... Saturn has also been squaring my Sun, natal Saturn and N. Node while crossing my Asc during this transit.

An incredible and empowering transformation you seem to have come through so soon already. I hope in a small time frame I will be able to say I am as strong as you come off to be, after this transit has completely gone by (for the second time now)... I guess only Time will Tell

Thanks for your input!! I think overall in my life just lookin back at it right now, I shake y head and say **** lol and the start of the process is difficult cause you wanna blame someone just not you. I've missed alot of opportunities just by being me, that alone lets me kno I'm in need of an extreme change

I've really come to appreciate this transit. I've looked at transits and astrology so wrong. I thought mars-Saturn(transit conjunction)would be my more powerful aspect, but I was so wrong. This has honestly been the deepest, and more opening transit. My whole view on life has changed.

I'm not putting all of the opportunity of this transit to use yet. I feel like I'm shaking off tha rust, and it's alot of rust lol. But I'm slowly putting together the pieces.

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

This has definitely been my experience!

By the time Saturn hit my early ascendant, I had only vague notions about what I'd like to do with my life and that was very frustrating at 31!

Still, as of now, I have a very definite plan for my life and it looks nothing like I ever day dreamed about.

The biggest thing that struck me about your statement though is about not giving up and that is the best gift that I have received from this transit.

A couple of days ago I received a letter from the financial aid office at school and found out that I had been denied. I was devastated for about an hour and a half, but then I realized that just meant that I had to find a new way. Usually, I would have quit and resigned myself to never doing what I wanted or getting what I wanted out of life. I would have cried that the Universe was not on my side and that the law of attraction was B.S. but instead I realized that the Universe was providing me with another golden opportunity to build fortitude and to build a stronger sense of self by persevering.

The other thing that helps here is that in the past, I approached things like school in a very shot-gun manner with zero planning and would have no other contingencies in place. This time I applied to financial aid about two months early so that I would know as soon as possible and while I was waiting to hear back I got involved in different student programs, already had request in for assistance through different organizations and scholarships.

While nothing has come through yet, I know it will because I have provided myself with as many avenues to success that I can find.

Thanks Saturn!

*transit side note: The letter that I received in denial for my financial aid was written and mailed out on the day that transiting Saturn/Mars were conjunct my natal Pluto. The aspect was exact.

I'm glad you liked my statement and I hope everything works for you. I'm currently trying to go back to school but I have a debt to pay first.

fullmoonlibra

I couldn't feel how it was. But when Saturn was opposite my Sun (and still is, accompanied with my natal Pluto and SN), believe me: THAT, you feel..

tautomer

Ugh, this was one of the nastiest transits I had in recent memory. My ascendent is at 17deg Libra, so last year I had saturn cross it. It caused one of the largest scares in my entire life (financially related), which ended up turning out to be nothing. I was an emotional mess for 6 months though. So much so that it ruined my moving across the country and made the past year feel very lonely. I mean, I came out fine, but it just wrecked my internal world longer then it should have.

Matahari

Hello all...

I have saturn transiting at the end of my 12 th conjuncting my libra sun. Its about to conjunct my mercury and then on to the 1 st where it will conjunct my mars neptune conjunction in scorpio on the ascendant.

these last 2 years have been so hard , lots of loss and loneliness. yet Ive also done some of my best work to date. I am a film and tv composer. The last time this transit happened I was 21 and had a total wipe out as saturn crossed the asc and conjuncted all my planets in scorpio! But i must add , that I was also having pluto conjuncting my sun in the 12th as well as the uranus square uranus, and Chiron square its self.

BUT... from that wipe out I ended up finding my passion and career during that time. I then spent the next 29 years working on trying to become successful. Struggling and paying my dues so to speak. A long and tough road.

As saturn conjuncted my sun in the 12th it has started to pay off, with projects that are rewarding and achieved with a sense of excellence. though I did experience sadness and heartbreak at the same time.

I'm wondering how Saturn will be as it conjuncts my asc/mars/neptune. 29 years ago it was terrible.. but I was young and doing stupid things. I was corrected and put on my path... I wonder if I will just rise to a new level or get another smack down??!!

I would rather just work hard.... I love working hard as I have a Saturn/ Jupiter conjunction in Cap, squ my sun.

Ill include my chart..

perfect thread for whats happening with me now!

thank you!

Attachments

• natal.jpg
    natal.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 26

serafin5

TSaturn has been in my 12th house and this has been the worst year!!! :crying:So TSaturn in my first house has GOT to make things better, right? My Asc is 14deg Scorpio so back in what 1984? I had TSaturn in my first house and I had started working for the job that would become the best job of my life! My natal Saturn is in Aquarius and dignified so maybe things will turn around pretty soon; I hope.:biggrin:

So sock it to me already~~
S5:tongue:

Munch

It's different for everyone.

Saturn hitting my Libra ascendant was not nearly as bad as I was bracing myself for, though not fun either as it was also my Saturn Return. However, when Saturn hit my natal Pluto also in Libra and in the 1st house, life went so completely sideways......again.

To be fair though, while Saturn is conjunct Pluto, transiting Pluto is square my natal Saturn/Jupiter conjunction. All signs point towards 'No freakin way lady!' I can't get anything going. That said, I have been kept completely out of the frey by my amazing boyfriend whose been supporting the two of us for the past couple of months. He's great and a huge help, it's just me and my life that are stuck.

I've shelved all of my long term plans for the time being and am just focusing on getting my footing again. In order to keep myself from going crazy and feeling like a complete loser, I've begun teaching myself Japanese to fill the long, empty hours.

I am fixing my proverbial cart while waiting for movement to resume.

tsmall

Premium Member
Hello all...

I have saturn transiting at the end of my 12 th conjuncting my libra sun. Its about to conjunct my mercury and then on to the 1 st where it will conjunct my mars neptune conjunction in scorpio on the ascendant.

these last 2 years have been so hard , lots of loss and loneliness. yet Ive also done some of my best work to date. I am a film and tv composer. The last time this transit happened I was 21 and had a total wipe out as saturn crossed the asc and conjuncted all my planets in scorpio! But i must add , that I was also having pluto conjuncting my sun in the 12th as well as the uranus square uranus, and Chiron square its self.

BUT... from that wipe out I ended up finding my passion and career during that time. I then spent the next 29 years working on trying to become successful. Struggling and paying my dues so to speak. A long and tough road.

As saturn conjuncted my sun in the 12th it has started to pay off, with projects that are rewarding and achieved with a sense of excellence. though I did experience sadness and heartbreak at the same time.

I'm wondering how Saturn will be as it conjuncts my asc/mars/neptune. 29 years ago it was terrible.. but I was young and doing stupid things. I was corrected and put on my path... I wonder if I will just rise to a new level or get another smack down??!!

I would rather just work hard.... I love working hard as I have a Saturn/ Jupiter conjunction in Cap, squ my sun.

Ill include my chart..

perfect thread for whats happening with me now!

thank you!

Loss and lonliness are the hallmarks of Saturn in the 12th, and did you do anything that could lead to that lonliness? Separate yourself from others somehow, even if that's not really what you were trying to do?

So, the last time you had Saturn in the 1st you had a wipe out, but from it you "rose from the ashes" so to speak and discovered something lasting and solid that you could build your life on? Say hello to Saturn transiting the 1st. :) Saturn rips the facade off of everything, but what he builds is lasting and strong. Transiting the 1st? Well the closest analogy I can come up with is having a tooth filed down for a crown, with no novacaine. It's excruciating to get rid of what doesn't function anymore. But once the crown is put on, it lasts for a lifetime. Mostly it hurts because we don't want to let go of what we need to, even though in the long run it is better for us.

Saturn is exalted in Libra, and joys in the 12th. This could explain why when it conjuncted your natal Sun you found projects that were rewarding. Heartache and loss? Well, Saturn is a malefic after all. I would look at the houses Saturn rules natally, as well as Venus, and the Sun to see if there are any clues about the nature of both the good and the bad. And, don't forget the houses those planets rule by exaltation.

Caro

well you may get a new hair do when it hits your asc. I ve seen it happen.

north node is moving into scorpio too soon(if not already there) also juno and eros(I believe) this week mars moves into scorpio for 2 months. with this Im feeling a little more energised.

saturn is in the 12th for me. asc 8 degrees scorpio.

saturn rules 3rd/4th and is natally in 5th. I ve started to write again(creative). I really enjoy it. that is the positive out of this transit. (12th)

Matahari

Thank you Tsmall and Munch for your reply! in looking at my chart the sun rules my 10th house so yes the career stuff was activated. It is square my natal saturn /jupiter conjunction In Capricorn in the 3rd. So having success in writing makes sense.

I did perhaps push people away as i was feeling not to good about myself due to having financial limitations.. Being a composer can be a feast or famine life. But venus is in Libra and well aspected and ruler of the seventh.

so perhaps its just a low self esteem thing?

I'm concerned about Saturn as it goes into the 1st will conjunct my mars /neptune conjunction on the asc and square the moon... hmmm trying to see what I can do to prepare. I do have little light bulbs going off about creating some new projects..... that involve writing not just music.

and Caro.. I too have an 8 degree Scorpio asc! It will be interesting to see if we have any similar experiences.. though I do know it IS different for everyone!

thank You!

Last edited:

serafin5

It's different for everyone.

Saturn hitting my Libra ascendant was not nearly as bad as I was bracing myself for, though not fun either as it was also my Saturn Return. However, when Saturn hit my natal Pluto also in Libra and in the 1st house, life went so completely sideways......again.

To be fair though, while Saturn is conjunct Pluto, transiting Pluto is square my natal Saturn/Jupiter conjunction. All signs point towards 'No freakin way lady!' I can't get anything going. That said, I have been kept completely out of the frey by my amazing boyfriend whose been supporting the two of us for the past couple of months. He's great and a huge help, it's just me and my life that are stuck.

I've shelved all of my long term plans for the time being and am just focusing on getting my footing again. In order to keep myself from going crazy and feeling like a complete loser, I've begun teaching myself Japanese to fill the long, empty hours.

I am fixing my proverbial cart while waiting for movement to resume.

Hey Munch!

See, you had a double whammy going thru having TSat going thru your first AND a Saturn return; man oh man that had to be interesting! But you sound like me, except sans amazing boyfriend, where Im "hurrying up and waiting" and trying to lay low as possible too.

This has been a really tough year without a doubt, but I can proudly say that I have been reading a lot and have been able to learn and absorb through my reading with an abnormal 'zen-like' concentration, but my hat's off to you that you are trying to learn Japanese; wow!!! :unsure:

That's pretty impressive!

S5:biggrin:

Emilia

Did any of you have transiting saturn conjunct your natal ascendant and pluto?

I have pluto conjunct my ascendant in 0-2 degrees scorpio, and then saturn in 11 degrees scorpio. So saturn will first transit pluto and the ascendant and then it's time for the saturn return... I don't know what to expect.. I have felt uneasy about my identity since the beginning of the summer, but don't know what to do about it.

Saturn was really hard on me in virgo (virgo sun and squaring almost every other planet in saggitarius or gemini) So I doubt that it can get any worse than that. If you have learned your lessons from saturn the hard way, will it be any easier to handle in the future, or is this only after your first saturn return?

gen6k

i got hit by a car back when i was 14 lol...
there was no dmg except bruises.

it did block my expression though i remember going to the pool and girls were looking at me with my bruises.

d00dle

yes can someone answer this question?

Is saturn in the 1st going to be better then in the 12th?

it can't be worse, right? I thought during saturn return to its natal position was supposed to be the worst...and i am still alive :) During transit Saturn (in Libra) passing through my 12th, I had it conjunct natal Venus, natal Saturn, then natal Jupiter (and lastly natal Pluto). Transit Saturn is about to conjunct my Ascendant next month and already foresee some significant changes in my life...I recently just quit my 2nd job, received promotion. I'm dropping out of school, etc.

Last edited:

Pendulum

5-degrees Scorpio ASC, 0-degrees Aries Sun, 0-degrees Cancer Moon. (LOVE that Sun Square Moon!)

Sun quincunx ASC
Saturn in ASC
Saturn conj. Pluto in Libra, opposite Venus
Saturn trine Moon
Venus square Neptune
Venus square North Node
Moon conj. NN
Moon trine ASC
Moon opposite Neptune
Mars opposite Pluto

(to name a few?)

I haven't left my house in months, and for the past 20 days or so I've spent almost every waking hour in my room alone.

I feel like I can't express my self very clearly.
I feel like a burden to my family.
I feel like there is little to no support for my emotions or ideas.
It's been like everything that was negative about my childhood has come back to say "hey, look at me!"
I've fallen out of favour with all of my friends and some of my family.
I feel like I'm either avoiding people or they're avoiding me.
I haven't been eating when I should just because I don't want to have another interaction with the only person I'm living with (my uncle).
I wait until everybody (my brother sleeps over during the workweek) is asleep before I leave my room to go and get food.
I'm eating alone because I'm either avoiding my family or wishing they would invite me to eat with them (but they never do).
My environment is old, unorganised and very dusty.
I've lost all of my identification and have an extremely limited wardrobe.
I feel like I'm being denied the right to "own" anything.
I have almost zero confidence in my decision making. It's almost like I'm punished in some way for all of my decisions. It's like if I do ANYTHING, somebody will tell me I shouldn't have, and if I DON'T do anything I'll be accused of being incompetent or lazy.
I get the impression that people feel 'ok' or at liberty to attack my spirit and I'm supposed to take it like a little whipping boy or they'll take something away from me.

I would say that the catalyst for all of these things is my sensitivity. I'm avoiding my uncle because he likes to use guilt when he doesn't get the response that he's looking for.

For the past 2 years or so, I've felt like my world is getting smaller and smaller until it ultimately led me to living pretty much exclusively in my bedroom.

I'm tired and in the worst shape of my life right now. No job, no income, almost no resources of any kind. Almost no energy to put up much of a fight for even necessities. I feel like a little mouse coming out at night to search for scraps.

I can't say that I'm depressed though. I'm not happy or satisfied, but I don't feel depressed. I think maybe I have something of an acceptance that all of this is part of my plan. Like, somebody could look at my Natal chart when I was a baby and say that all of these things were going to happen. So I just feel like I have to wait through it?

It's definitely felt like a very unfriendly life recently for sure though.

Last edited: