My first reading...

caninnc

Ok...

Here's my first documented attempt at a horary reading.

The question is what is the future for us?

aug1200511am.jpg

So the Ascendant is in Libra which means that I, as querant, am Venus. The other person (I learned that male/female doesn't matter) is the 7th house ruler which happens to be Aries so they are Mars.

Ok so I got this far... Venus is in the 11th house of friendship and Mars is in the 7th house of relationships. Does this mean I am only wanting to be friends and the other person is seeking a relationship?

And I am 7 houses away so does that mean in 7 months we may be a couple in 7 months or am I taking it too literally...

I feel like I am catching the concepts but not the connections... :?

Thank you in advance for your guidance, Goca, Radu and anyone else who has been so kind!

Michele

I think it depends on what kind of future you are looking for: if you're really asking about marriage or a permanent relationship, I would use the 7th house.

If you're just asking about a friendship, then look at the aspects between your significator and the 11th house significator.

if you are asking about a possible romance, then use the fifth house for the other person.

Look at all applying aspects between the two significators. If there are non, look to see if the Moon translates the light between the two significators. For example, if the Moon first makes an aspect to one planet and then the other. If the aspects are positive, then the results will be positive. Squares and oppositions generally give a negative answer.

If the Moon makes no applying aspect any planet, it is Void of Course, which the late horary astrologer Barbara Watters said leads to a "dead end" result.

caninnc

Ok... after reading even more on horary...

That reading tells me that the Mars person is actually my enemy. Maybe... ok I am lost. Maybe my question was too vague.

I feel like there is so much personal interpretation that I don't think you can do your own reading...

And I looked up my last question and I got the EST and EDT mixed up so it was wrong too... and looking back at that question is all confusing now...

Maybe Horary isn't my forte...

I don't know.
Michele

Don't give up!

It's true: Horary astrology can be very difficult and confusing.

That's why it's so clear to understand the question as someone else pointed out.

If you really are asking about a marriage or life-long commitment, or moving in with someone, use the 7th house for them. If you just are asking will we start dating or become lovers, use the 5th.

Then, look at the aspects between those two planets. Then refer to the Moon and any aspects it makes to those planets. That should give you enough information to at least start with.