What do those signs, symbols refer to?

I did a relocation chart on the Astro Dienst website. Each line has a planet and IC, AS, DS, etc. attached to it. At first I thought it referred to my own planets, ascendant, midheaven in my natal chart but then realized, for example, that Cancer rising doesn't have Mars on the ascendant. How are these lines and locations determined then?

Also, how would doing a relocation chart for someone else who doesn't know their birth time affect the map lines? Would some be correctly placed and some not?

IleneK

Premium Member
I did a relocation chart on the Astro Dienst website. Each line has a planet and IC, AS, DS, etc. attached to it. At first I thought it referred to my own planets, ascendant, midheaven in my natal chart but then realized, for example, that Cancer rising doesn't have Mars on the ascendant. How are these lines and locations determined then?

Also, how would doing a relocation chart for someone else who doesn't know their birth time affect the map lines? Would some be correctly placed and some not?

Relocation astrology is an application of astrocartography. A search on the net will direct you to some basic materials that you can research if you have an actual interest in the practice, like:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrology-articles/relocation-astrology.php

If you are not interested in learning about what it really is, you can have the chart interpretted professionally.

In order to do a relocation chart for another, you must have a birth time.

I have relocation charts for myself but I just noticed for the first time that the lines in the AstroDienst maps were labeled in ways that didn't match up with my natal planets so was wondering why the lines were labeled that way. The link you gave only had another link for Sabian symbols.

I just created a fake natal chart for myself using a different birth time and the lines changed on the map so clearly a birth time is imperative for creating a relocation chart. One mystery solved. Still wondering why planets are attached to lines that don't match the natal chart though.

Last edited: