Please Help! Having a hard time figuring out my chart.

amidnightdreary

Hello everyone, I thank everyone in advance for your time and effort in helping me figure out my chart. I am trying to figure out the career aspects of my chart. what I would be good at? what would make me money, and so forth. I have looked at the thread explaining how to do so, as well as read a few articles in links provided, but I still cant piece it all together as a whole. I know as gemini in MC it makes it difficult for me to decide on a career, but Im guessing since gemini is communication that anything involving communication is a step in the right direction. I know Im supposed to follow the ruler of gemini to find its nature(mercury in mars 7th house) but I couldnt piece that part together. I know the 7th house is relationships..and mercury in mars makes me quick minded, but I dont know how that can relate to a career. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Careers I was considering: Artist, Art Teacher, Science Teacher, Writer, Interior Designer, or working in the medical field or science field

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_christina_cox_hp.86215.43225.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_christina_cox_hp.86215.43225.gif
    51.8 KB · Views: 23

sandstone

Banned
hi christina

it is always a good question to ask and always a tricky one to get a good answer on.. it helps that you have ideas that you have also shared on the bottom.. this is the kind of conversation that needs to happen!

astrologers will look to the midheaven and its ruler as you correctly point out, but sometimes it still doesn't give a clear read as this only takes in a part of the chart and you need to factor in everything else too.. taking it a step further along those lines, mercury as ruler of the midheaven and ascendant is located in the 7th and in turn ruled by mars which in turn is ruled by saturn! saturn is ruled by jupiter who is the final planet in this chain unless you go with modern rulers which brings you back to neptune, lol... see how crazy it can get trying to figure out stuff this way... it is amazing how well this approach works in retrospect, but when someone is asking up front before figuring out the direction they need to go in, it is much more of a challenge..

i think you could go in a number of directions too... i have seen mercury/jupiter midpoint = midheaven in the charts of a number of writers and you do have this signature... the mercury/jupiter = your descendant actually and is exactly 90 to the midheaven degree.. romance writer maybe? or perhaps travel writer? here is another interesting midpoint that pulls from jupiter and your sun... jupiter/midheaven = sun... your sun is in a close opposition to pluto and 135 to uranus as well..

i think your chart has some artistic suggestions - mercury/venus = sun with pluto a part of this too... teaching art, or teaching in general could work as well.. it is interesting how you mention medical field as jupiter which seems to be the final depositor to your chart is in a nice trine to pluto while being in the 6th house.. virgo rising is well suited to a medical profession as i see it.. i think the ascendant has an important role to play in a persons vocation which is usually just associated with the midheaven, but which i think doesn't really take the whole chart into account...

i think all of your vocation ideas are good ones, but you will have to ultimately decide what area you think you'd find the most rewarding.. if you like connecting a lot with others, being a writer might not be it as you will spend a lot of time on your own writing.. teaching on the other hand will put you in constant contact with others... the other areas are a mix of both i suppose... good luck trying to sort it out... i think you are on the right track and your suggestions do have back up with your chart..

Last edited: