Badly Aspected Planets

FleetingDasein

I'd like to hear from people with badly aspected planets. I'm talking about planets with mostly challenging aspects. How have these difficult influences manifested in your life? Can you tell us some qualities that you associate with these negative aspects?

My Venus is dignified by placement (in Libra in the 7th), but very badly aspected:
Square Uranus (wide orb)
Square Neptune
Square Midheaven
Opposite North Node
Opposite Ascendant
Quincunx Saturn

The only non-challenging aspects are a Sun conjunction (in a Venus-Sun-Mars stellum) and a trine to Chiron.

My badly aspected Venus has made me prone to laziness, self-indulgence, extravagance, and a certain whishy washiness in love. It has also made me very dependent on relationships to the point where I'm almost never single; the whole "I'm in love with love" syndrome. While in a relationship, I sometimes think that grass is greener on the other side which has led to some infidelity in the past. I definitely have a lot of trouble coping with loneliness. I tend to deceive myself into thinking someone is right for me when they clearly are not. Lastly, I'm terrible at saving money. :lol:

I've definitely gotten better at dealing with these challenging aspects, but it has taken a lot of time and effort. It's been a trial and error thing for me.

Having an over-active Venus does have some positive sides: I am great at art appreciation, and I like to think that I have great taste in all things art-related (music, movies, literature, etc). From my serial dating, it seems I have no trouble attracting the opposite sex. :kissing:

Now let's hear your stories!

Last edited:

lazarusx

Sun Opposite Saturn
Sun Opposite Neptune
Sun Opposite Uranus

The combination of these 3 aspects has had a very challenging effect on my life, i have had issues with drug use, involvement in risky activity, escapism, laziness, difficulty accepting reality and major self-esteem issues resulting in depression.

Mars Sqaure Pluto
Venus Sqaure Pluto

This has ceated alot of tension in relationships between friends and family and has made it difficult for me to connect with people, in the past it has lead me towards self-dustructive people.

Despite these hard aspects, they've allowed me to experience the dark and gritty in differing extremes early in life, allowing me to now work on myself, physically, mentally and spiritualy. But the road is long.. and it is still very very hard not to fall back into old habits.

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
Hmm. very interesting, and such a refreshing approach FD; instead of - look at my wonderful chart, you're taking a difficult situation and discussing how people turn it around; a very nice way of learning.

Well I do have something to contribute here, and some of the negative aspects you mentioned unfortunately also ring true with me. Firstly, the planet and aspects;

Venus in Pisces (exaltation)
Venus opposition Moon (Moon is ASC ruler, 2 degrees, S)
Venus square Saturn (Saturn is 7th RULER :surprised: 5d, A)
Venus trine Pluto (Pluto is 5th Ruler, 7d S is wide, but even orb reduction of 20% includes this one)
Venus square Chiron (1d, A, if you use Chiron)

I think I've many of the same problems as you FD, but a good deal of them -in general nature, e.g. self-indulgence- is heavily kept in line by an exact Sun/Saturn trine. However, I can be hard-hearted, I'm particularly driven by fear and confusion in love and dating and a common response is hide all emotion, no matter the pain or pleasure, and remove myself from company for periods of time.

Saturn and Uranus are conjunct in my 5th, as pointed out Saturn also rules my 7th and is the apex of the Moon/Venus opposition. This part of my life has consistently caused me trouble and pain and confusion, and even when all else is going well and I achieve what I want in other areas, this one is always wounded. I achieve success from time to time in other areas; achieving other goals, but not a day goes by I don't have an urge to let the heart die and let my career take over. I'm young and have the opportunity to learn and grow and change, but I've little patience left.

Last edited:

fushiafairy

dum dum de dum....saturn in his darth vader costume approaches....

saturn in cancer....good family, but issues. Digestive disorder
saturn in 11th....few close friends, anti social
saturn conjunct sun....melancholy, serious, prone to depression
saturn square jupiter...wet blanket
saturn square chiron.....skeletol issues that have resulted in pain my entire adult life
saturn square uranus....extreme eccentric risktaker fighting against concervative stick in the mud....split personality????

only positive is saturn sextiles my midheaven...I can work hard towards a goal(just have no idea what my career is suppose to be)
and trines my north node

saturn is currently trying to ruin my life I have decided. Or at least burn off some serious karma and make me grow up once and for all. I am, despite the pessimism associated with saturn, a huge optimist. I think almost everything has a good side, but lately I have been eyeing saturn suspiciously.:devil:

Upside of saturn....I have amazing checkbones and collarbones.:wink:

dperez3894

Check out my poor, little Mercury. ;-)

Attachments

• dp-equal.jpg
    dp-equal.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 60

FleetingDasein

Thank you all for your replies. This has been a very insightful thread!

Byjove,

[...] can be hard-hearted, I'm particularly driven by fear and confusion in love and dating and a common response is hide all emotion, no matter the pain or pleasure, and remove myself from company for periods of time.

[...] achieve success from time to time in other areas; achieving other goals, but not a day goes by I don't have an urge to let the heart die and let my career take over. I'm young and have the opportunity to learn and grow and change, but I've little patience left.
I can empathize. I'm not "hard hearted", but with challenging Venus aspects it is very easy to just "give up", and stop caring. I admire that you've decided to focus on your career (or other areas of your life). I've given up many career opportunities to pursue some relationships, and I ended up regretting it in the long run. You're still young, so don't give up hope. With Venus in Pisces, I don't think you're gonna be able to let your heart die!

Fushiafairy,
Upside of saturn....I have amazing checkbones and collarbones.:wink:
You made me burst out laughing. That's a great upside.

Munch

My chart is in my profile, but here goes.

Saturn exalted in Libra conjunct ascendant squaring sun/Mercury in Capricorn conjunct IC. -Major family issues. Mother abandoned me as an infant. Lots of rejection from the rest of the family. Poor self esteem. Fear of pretty much everything. Inability to make decisions as I vacilate from one perspective to the next. Inability to speak up for or stand up for myself.

Jupiter conjunct ascendant/Saturn in Libra squaring sun/mercury in Capricorn.- Tendency to overpromise (both signs are especially prone to trying to do things 'just so.' Desire to run away from family responsibilities (though that might have more to do with past dramas, lol). Tendency towards pretending to know more than I really know and saying way too much.

Mars in the fifth Square Pluto in the first- Seriously explosive temper in personal relationships when I haven't felt like I was getting treated fairly. Not so much of an issue now. Also a tendency to isolate myself.

Moon/Venu/Neptune close conjunction stellium. -Double sided sword. Very loving and forgiving, but super prone to viewing the world through rose colored lenses (especially in Sagittarius). I've been taken for a ride or two....

Flowergirl

I must say that initially when I started investigating astrology I focused on the negative aspects, the squares & oppositions and it made me a bit depressed. Add on top of that my critical Saturn in Virgo :whistling: It's amazing how you can beat yourself over you self. Lately I've swapped over to investigating the trines and sextiles and I feel better... I'm not so bad after all. :joyful:

I'm not happy with my Mercury and it's obviously in dire straits:

Mercury in Pisces 12th house
Mercury oppose Mars
Mercury oppose Jupiter
Mercury sesqui-square Pluto

I've heard numerous people saying how nice Mercury in Pisces are but I'm in doubt. To me it means an acute disorderly mind and a lot of mental confusion with my watery chart. Communication and relating with others have always been very difficult for me. It's so frustrating when you can't express yourself properly, people misunderstand and no matter how you try, you don't get your point across. People get angry and no matter how I try to be subtle, I end up rubbing someone up the wrong way. Just by trying to express myself and relate to others on friendly terms, I get hostility because I offend without realising it.

My thinking is also fuzzy and dreamy too much and it takes great effort to concentrate on something and not appear like a complete idiot when my attention wanders onto other 'bigger picture' matters. This affects my self-esteem as well. Having learning difficulties is also not the most fun way to try to live ones' life and being in dreamland most of the time is not easy when you're forced to through 12 years of public school. Feeling like a mental-case describes my Mercury's aspects. If it wasn't for my Mercury sextile Chiron I would have thought I'm simply unable to mentally function properly. Logical thinking is not my speciality and I trip over myself mentally all the time.

This is a great thread FD. It's good to read about other's difficulties and to be able to count your blessings. :smile: Now I can make peace with mine and continue living with them.

I'm sure there are other planets I can complain about but I'll stick to this one for now.

Last edited:

Munch

Ahh, Saturn the Great Malefic. lol.....I really do appreciate you, but sometimes.......in the words of the wise Charlie Brown, 'AARRRRRGGGGG!'

Miss Kitten

All of my planets receive hard aspects, since most of them are locked into a T-square. The only planets pleasantly aspected are Jupiter and Pluto, which aspect each other and the sun and moon. However, Jupiter is in the sign of detriment and Pluto is in a weak house so they can't help much anyway.

The astrological literature and a lot of astrologers would tell you I'm hopeless. I have the luminaries and two planets in Virgo, afflicted, so allegedly I'm good for nothing except organizing sock drawers, bleaching every surface in my house, and criticizing and nitpicking people to death.

I have Scorpio rising with an afflicted Mars-Uranus in tow, so supposedly I am extremely evil and am on my way to becoming the next Charles Manson or Jeffry Dahmer, because that kind of configuration, plus some others on my chart like a Moon-Pluto contact, makes me "sociopathic" as astrological literature would have you believe.

But I don't spend my time supercleaning or leading cults. I love things like the fine arts, making crafts/painting, gardening, organic cooking, etc. even though I've been told I shouldn't because I don't have the "chart for it" (like lots of water, a nicely placed Venus, planets in Libra or the fifth house, etc.) I like to work in my community on social justice issues such gay rights but I don't have "the chart for that" either.

The chart may point out some negative tendencies I have (like impatience) but it doesn't control me or ultimately tell me what I can or can not do. I decide that.

byjove

Account Closed
That's interesting Miss Kitten, and certainly adds to the 'your fate is not determined, you do get to decide too' arguement. But, do you mean to say your chart doesn't reflect you? Or that you don't see the tendencies indicated by these challenging aspects? I definitely see for example the Saturn aspects in my chart (positive and negative). It's very difficult for me to alter my Venus square Saturn, it's ALmost a self-fulfilling prophecy. But awareness must come BEfore change.

Miss Kitten

That's interesting Miss Kitten, and certainly adds to the 'your fate is not determined, you do get to decide too' arguement. But, do you mean to say your chart doesn't reflect you? Or that you don't see the tendencies indicated by these challenging aspects? I definitely see for example the Saturn aspects in my chart (positive and negative). It's very difficult for me to alter my Venus square Saturn, it's ALmost a self-fulfilling prophecy. But awareness must come BEfore change.

I don't feel that most of it reflects me, especially all those Virgo planets. The chart does point out some negative tendencies to watch for like impatience (Mars conjunct ASC square a new moon). Some of them are true and some are not. I can choose to ameliorate them instead of just thinking I am a victim of a bad chart.

But some of the negative parts are not so easy---I have Uranus in the first square the moon and Scorpio rising; as an autistic person my feelings and moods are deep and can quickly change. I know being "moody" irritates everyone and I try to get it under control but it seems almost impossible to be "normal" in that respect.

kennedyrosewhith

Moon
in Capricorn
in the 8th
semi-square Saturn in Aquarius
semi-square Pluto in Scorpio
sesquiquadrate Mars

I used to have a really bad relationship with my emotions, but Pluto recently wrapped up a transit to my Moon, and while i'm not perfect with them, i am much better than i was. But still, i have a bad habit of almost constantly invalidating my emotions/feelings, and i still have to be in complete control of them at least most of the time. I'm really uncomfortable with displays of emotion, except with people i've known for a bit and am comfortable around, but even then i rarely show that i'm upset about anything. And i think this in combination with my Mars makes me like a sponge- if someone around me is a bad mood or upset, i end up in a bad mood or upset. I actually really hate to be around people who aren't in a good mood, but i think that also has to do with my Venus in the 3rd (pleasant immediate environment).

Mercury

in Leo
in the 4th
square Mars in Taurus
square Pluto in Scorpio
opposite Saturn in Aquarius
inconjunct Uranus & Neptune in Capricorn

I have trouble communicating and processing thought. When people talk to me sometimes it's like putting together a puzzle, all the words come through on their own, and i have to arrange them into a sentence that makes sense. Either i hesitate when speaking, half the time so much i don't even talk, or i talk so fast even i can't understand myself. My mind goes in 5 different directions at times, and other times i can barely get it to go in one. I space out all the time and i'm very forgetful.

Mars

in Taurus
in the 12th
square Saturn in Aquarius
square Mercury in Leo
opposite Pluto in Scorpio
trine Uranus & Neptune in Capricorn
sesquiquadrate Moon

I'm not so good with this planet. I always always always second-guess myself, i have to check things i do multiple times, half the time i don't feel good enough, and i'm really bad with anger. I don't feel like i can even be angry. I suppress it and sit on it until it just builds and builds and explodes. Everyone is afraid of me when that happens. An example of not feeling good enough: i very rarely feel good about the job i do at work, but i get compliments a lot and i know they really need me there and like the work that i do. But i still don't always think i do a good job. =\

Last edited: