Astro apps that allow you to input your own interpretations

sashafasha44

I know there is astro charts but I don't trust it. There's no login or anything to secure your information. Anyone else know of any??

Osamenor

Staff member
I don't know of any apps that let you put your own interpretation into the app, but you can always take a chart cast on any app and interpret it yourself. If the app provides interpretations, you don't have to use them.

What do you want to input your own interpretation for? Why on the app?

sashafasha44

I would like to be able to put my own interpretations for certain aspects, I guess almost like a diary sort of way. I can put my own experience with this or a person that i know that has a certain aspect to make it resonate more. I find so many interpretations all over the web & in books it would be nice to be able to organize what I find relevant digitally. Astro Charts allows you to do it but the owner of the app is very mean & condescending so I really don't want to support him & I don't trust that I won't lose my information.

Osamenor

Staff member
Could you download a chart, write your own interpretation, and save it somewhere?

How important to you is it that this be a digital diary? Personally, I find pen and paper to work, and I've used it in my own learning: search out what a few online sources say, copy them down, then follow with my own observations/interpretation/experience.

If it's just for you, then it can be any format, can't it? If you don't want to use pen and paper, you can do it in Google Docs or any word processing program.

If you want to share your interpretations with others, that might require digital tools, but even then, you can take a chart created on an app and put it somewhere else. I do that on my blog, for the Ask the Astrologer feature (see my signature): create the chart, download it, write my interpretation, and upload both to the blog.

sashafasha44

Could you download a chart, write your own interpretation, and save it somewhere?

How important to you is it that this be a digital diary? Personally, I find pen and paper to work, and I've used it in my own learning: search out what a few online sources say, copy them down, then follow with my own observations/interpretation/experience.

If it's just for you, then it can be any format, can't it? If you don't want to use pen and paper, you can do it in Google Docs or any word processing program.

If you want to share your interpretations with others, that might require digital tools, but even then, you can take a chart created on an app and put it somewhere else. I do that on my blog, for the Ask the Astrologer feature (see my signature): create the chart, download it, write my interpretation, and upload both to the blog.

Yea it is looking like that more & more, there is actually an app called astrological chart lite, & there is a pro & full version, not sure what the difference is but it allows you to put your own interpretation, however, there is no way to make sure it is saved, no cloud & I resent the idea of adding my own info just for it to be taken away when I upgrade my device. Also, I reached out to the developer to ask, & he was very rude & told me not to & I quote "ask stupid questions" so I don't really want to support him anyhow.

It's looking more & more like I will have to use google doc. I do write it down & i have a diary but honestly it just ends up all over the place because I'll leave space for new discoveries but when I run out I will end up having information throughout my journal, & yes I have a table of contents but it is just not that efficient for me. Also, currently, I'm only really tracking my personal aspects, I would like to take note of other interesting finds. Such as - most Leo Risings always end up in at least one divorce. haha

Thank you for you reply & sorry for late I only get on here occasionally.