What is your mars like and how assertive are you?

Opal

Premium Member
Lol all these people with water mars saying how hard it is for them to assert themselves wtf is wrong with y’all? I have mic and I assert myself very easily I’ve scared ppl with my temper

My Mars is in Detriment. In Water Cancer. I have no problem asserting myself. I like it being in a cardinal sign. I like it being in opposition to my Moon. I like it being a part of my T square with the Sun at the apex.

I find that it is a strong placement for Mars. Detriment? I don't feel that it is a detriment to me.

Flapjacks

Retrograde Mars in 8th house Capricorn ("exalted"), trine Venus in Virgo, quintile Scorpio Pluto, ruler of the 12th house.

I generally get what I'm after by being determined, charming, and diplomatic, where the underlying forcefulness of the 'assertion' goes unnoticed as such, and is therefore less likely to be questioned. :whistling:

The rub is that I'm rarely motivated enough to go after anything. :pinched:

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
Retrograde Mars in 8th house Capricorn ("exalted"), trine Venus in Virgo, quintile Scorpio Pluto, ruler of the 12th house.

I generally get what I'm after by being determined, charming, and diplomatic, where the underlying forcefulness of the 'assertion' goes unnoticed as such, and is therefore less likely to be questioned. :whistling:

The rub is that I'm rarely motivated enough to go after anything. :pinched:
Mine is in the 8th too.....what are your observations of Eighth House Mars? Yours is Cardinal too.......People would say I am motivated.......for most things I am, if I am interested.......and I do have a lot of interests......

you have "easy" aspects......I have "hard" aspects........

Flapjacks

Mine is in the 8th too.....what are your observations of Eighth House Mars? Yours is Cardinal too.......People would say I am motivated.......for most things I am, if I am interested.......and I do have a lot of interests......

you have "easy" aspects......I have "hard" aspects........

This is colored by the condition of Mars, but:

-I am often motivated by 8th house subjects, like psychology and genetics, cycles of death and birth, astrology :)surprised:), 'hidden things', and how power is used/abused. This could also be Pluto squares to Sun, Moon, and Mercury.
-Saturn is in the 6th, and my work tends to revolve around 8th house subjects, such as handling public resources and investigating/controlling processes of decay.
-I have a genetic abnormality that causes muscle weakness and prevented me from participating in athletics. It was a source of shame until Mars went direct by progression.
-I generally don't like to reveal my interests, hobbies, and motivations to most people.
-As a female, I tend to be attracted to enigmatic men, usually ones that are in some way inaccessible. :innocent:
-Intense sexual energy that is repurposed into creative energy.

What about you? Cancer Mars can be a very reactive/instinctual, ruled by Moon, but with Cappy Moon, it seems like that energy would be a bit more controlled/directed, even with the Moon opposition and square to Sun.

Last edited:

Spideynyc

My Mars is in Detriment. In Water Cancer. I have no problem asserting myself. I like it being in a cardinal sign. I like it being in opposition to my Moon. I like it being a part of my T square with the Sun at the apex.

I find that it is a strong placement for Mars. Detriment? I don't feel that it is a detriment to me.

I also have my mars in T Square with Aries being the main does this effect my temper and assertiveness? cause I do not relate to MIC at all or could it be the mutual reception with my moon in scorpio could it be sun square mars? I’ve always been a very forceful and aggressive person, and am not one to back down, I don’t start trouble but I will finish it quickly. I’m definitely not a pushover like others claim MIC to be.

OuterPlanets89

Mars in Libra in the 12th

Conjunct Sun and Mercury
Square Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune

It's the apex point of a T-Square (along with Sun/Merc -- though Merc is in my 11th), with Jupiter in Cancer (9th) and Saturn/Uranus/Neptune in Capricorn (3rd).

Yikes. Basically, I'm still trying to figure out best how to harness it. I've always had a lot of energy, but it also comes and goes. I've never been aggressive or harsh, which hurt me playing sports growing up (which I was good at but I never had that raw competitiveness). I've also never had a temper, which could be good or bad, because everyone needs some kind of outlet.

I'm assertive when:
- I tap into the Sun/Mercury energy and work on something that involves the mind.
- I harness the Jupiter/Uranus aspects, though that leads to risky decisions.
- I'm positively using Saturn and buckling down on something I need to do.

But I'm usually not, because:
- The 12th H and Neptune are pretty awful for drive, and leads to dreaming.
- Saturn can dull the "fiery nature" of Mars, like an inner voice that tells you not do go after something/someone.

Estella

First of all, I would like to say that I really love this discussion here and am thankul for everything that you have shared. It has been very helpful and meaningful for understanding the planets in my own chart and in the charts of my loved ones.

My mars is in capricorn (retrograted) and in trine with venus in virgo.
I consider myself highly assertive, ambitious, and successful when it comes to achieving goals. I find a way, strategies, methods and steps, how to get where I want to...and I get there eventually, with lots of focus and hard work. I am energetic, active and get extremely frustrated when I have to discus with people how to do certain things, I'd just rather stop talking, and start doing it:) I used to think that people are just lazy, but eventually I have realized that I am paying a high price for all that energy and drive.

I also have mars opposition sun (in cancer) and square moon (in libra), which, on the one hand, makes me a go getter, but makes my life really hard most of the time, too. This is probably what makes me competitive (but not openly, more like secretly), temperamental, very stubborn sometimes, dominant and probably also egoistic. But above all, impatient. I also hate it when someone tells me what to do, but am rather bossy myself.

I don't like agressive people, but if I am honest, I do get quite agressive sometimes. Outside the circle of my closest ones I do not get confrontational often, but in my private life, I do have outbursts of anger, I could say even agression sometimes. Publicly, what makes me enter a "fight", is when I see someone being bullied, when someone underpriviliged is being treated unfairly. That's when I somehow get fire under my feet in order to step in (I do have problems, when it comes to stepping in for myself though). Or if people are telling one thing and doing another (I just hate bulls**t). So in public life I tend to avoid confrontations and use my intellect and diplomatic skills and use the right choice of words for the people I am dealing with ("winning" the battle in the end:)) But in private I am more passive agressive. I think the retrograted mercury in leo, trine with jupiter and ASC, both in sagittarius play a vital role in "winning the verbal battles". And probably also in achieving goals as well.

My mars is in 2nd house (I guess, since ASC is in sagittarius). I have studied planets a lot, but still struggle with houses. I am also not sure what the retrograted mars in capricorn brings (I have read that it takes away willpower).

In the last couple of years I have realized that I am repeating the patterns of my father and act the way I used to hate soooooo much when I was younger. I have been trying to learn how to channel all that energy into sports, meditation, gardening, old furniture, learning to play the guitar, singing, etc. But it is a life long process, I guess. What helped me the most, is the NVC model of communication (to get in touch with my true emotions, seeing why they are there, which need is not being met, and empathically express that).
I am highy creative and rather succesfull in it, the only "thing" I fail to create is a child:sad: But I guess a child isn't just another goal or project, so obviously I have got many lessons to learn. So this is where I fail. And it hurts. Maybe mars has something to do with this as well...

You are welcome to share anyhing. I have been drawn to astrology since I can remember but I keep it for myself most of the time, so I am eager to hear anything about how I interpreted my own chart, even if there is something I got wrong or if there are any other areas I should focus on.

P.S.: I am really excited, because this is the first time I am interpreting my chart out loud:)

Lots of love,

Estella

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
My apologies Flapjacks and SpiderNYC, this is the first I have seen your responses. I will respond but, I have a bug of some kind.....goodnight......

Opal

Premium Member
This is colored by the condition of Mars, but:

-I am often motivated by 8th house subjects, like psychology and genetics, cycles of death and birth, astrology :)surprised:), 'hidden things', and how power is used/abused. This could also be Pluto squares to Sun, Moon, and Mercury.
-Saturn is in the 6th, and my work tends to revolve around 8th house subjects, such as handling public resources and investigating/controlling processes of decay.
-I have a genetic abnormality that causes muscle weakness and prevented me from participating in athletics. It was a source of shame until Mars went direct by progression.

What happened/changed when Mars went direct?

-I generally don't like to reveal my interests, hobbies, and motivations to most people.
-As a female, I tend to be attracted to enigmatic men, usually ones that are in some way inaccessible. :innocent:
-Intense sexual energy that is repurposed into creative energy.

What about you? Cancer Mars can be a very reactive/instinctual, ruled by Moon, but with Cappy Moon, it seems like that energy would be a bit more controlled/directed, even with the Moon opposition and square to Sun.

I am learning to control my base protective instincts :biggrin: I am getting better at it. I am learning to laugh off the many idiots that with their supposed superior intellect make rude remarks. Everyone, cannot agree. Such is. I don't have to like or agree with everyone. It is okay.

Opal

Premium Member
I also have my mars in T Square with Aries being the main does this effect my temper and assertiveness? cause I do not relate to MIC at all or could it be the mutual reception with my moon in scorpio could it be sun square mars? I’ve always been a very forceful and aggressive person, and am not one to back down, I don’t start trouble but I will finish it quickly. I’m definitely not a pushover like others claim MIC to be.

I love my T square now. I don't start trouble either. But I have been known to finish it quickly.:whistling: Cancer is a cardinal sign, stronger than most people give it credit for.......I am very protective of those I see as my friends, or family........I have been told, I should back down sometimes.....I do, sometimes.......:biggrin:

I recommend Bil Tierney to you.....The Dynamics of Aspect Analysis

Clair Y

Hey I’m curious about how mars plays out in all its facets...for instance I have a mars in cancer conjunct Jupiter which also is elevated in my chart and trines Uranus and sextlies Merc and ascendant. So I am definitely a leader and can’t help but bring my ideas to fruition in this world but the downside is that I can be clingy and ridiculously emotional...and yes I am a good cook :). Anyone have thoughts on how their mars plays out??

Similar situation with Mars here. Conjunct Mercury and square both Jupiter and Saturn. I really don't like to hold anger or negative emotions in, so I talk about them as soon as I have them cooled off with a helpful approach in mind. Resentment and hidden anger can become toxic and needs to be let go, so I like to deal with it and move on. I also have Moon in Aquarius and three planets in Libra in the 3rd house so this helps.

Also love my food, cooking and looking after my cosy home.

Mars conjunct Sun & Mercury, all in Aries/12th house.

I am quite assertive, often inadvertently. On the few occasions that I manage to keep my mouth shut, I will simmer and stew until I am able to rant about whatever it is in a more appropriate venue.

If I don't regularly engage in physical activity (gym, cardio, anything to wear myself out), I fall apart psychologically and end up with self-destructive habits (depression, anxiety, brooding, drinking, not sleeping enough, etc.). I recharge by physically wearing myself out and sleeping hard as a result.

I get psychologically exhausted when I don't get enough alone time. All of my hobbies are solitary pursuits. I can't imagine trying to pursue a goal with a group of other people as a recreational activity.

Violette

My Mars is in Scorpio and conjunct with Pluto in the 3rd house. I'm very strong-willed but I'm not really assertive, I usually stay in the background and avoid conflicts. I used to be more "assertive", but many times I ended up hurting people so I try to think more before I open my mouth (it can be really difficult). I usually just wait for the right time to say something.

Hkk

Account Closed
My Mars is in Scorpio and conjunct with Pluto in the 3rd house. I'm very strong-willed but I'm not really assertive, I usually stay in the background and avoid conflicts. I used to be more "assertive", but many times I ended up hurting people so I try to think more before I open my mouth (it can be really difficult). I usually just wait for the right time to say something.

This is the thing with Pluto mars. You are aware of your power to really eff someone that you either use it like a nut job or you stay clear. That’s my view personally. There needs to be a happy medium

Spideynyc

I love my T square now. I don't start trouble either. But I have been known to finish it quickly.:whistling: Cancer is a cardinal sign, stronger than most people give it credit for.......I am very protective of those I see as my friends, or family........I have been told, I should back down sometimes.....I do, sometimes.......:biggrin:

I recommend Bil Tierney to you.....The Dynamics of Aspect Analysis

Ahhh nice to meet another warrior lol I thought I was the only one who was like this I hope you don’t mind me asking but what’s your sun sign?

Opal

Premium Member
Ahhh nice to meet another warrior lol I thought I was the only one who was like this I hope you don’t mind me asking but what’s your sun sign?

4 degree Sun Libra apex 3 degree Mars Cancer Dissociate opposition to 29 degree Sag Moon

My usual scenario is finding myself protecting people I feel close to, Aries is my empty house.

Greetings! Mars act different at different places. For instance, the results of the placement of the fiery planet seems to differ or tend to be stronger at Aries, Leo, Sagittarius and Scorpio. The conjunction of Mars with different planets also adds up to the variations in the results.

In your case, first the debilitation effect gets activated and later on the effect of Jupiter against the debilitation of Mars tends to offer an aggressive intent.
Here not only the aggressive intent, but also the power or energy to do things differently and to take up challenges at will would be the significant thought that would be running in your mind.

For a complete analysis of your Birth Chart with respect to Mars and its functional aspects, you are most welcome to take up our Services in the form of Reports. Especially the Identifying Good and Bad Planets. Here in addition to Identifying or judging the planet, we also offer additional inputs about the planet, its characteristics and the functional aspects with respect to the placement/ conjunction.

Hope you got an idea or an outlook. You are most welcome to contact us for more information or clarification on the same. Cheers.

PlutoLibScoAsc

I'm not going to discuss my chart with strangers, especially astrologers at a forum online, but I am here to discuss astrology, and here we are discussing Mars and assertiveness.

Mars is most assertive with significant Mars/Uranus contacts followed by Mars/Pluto. Mars/Pluto is more intense, but more reserved. Mars/Uranus is not reserved.

Mars conjunct Asc., MC, Desc., IC or aspecting the midpoint of any of these is assertive. They will respond in kind to aggression, or they may be aggressors. Of course, they can be other things like sportsmen or activists or engineers or leaders. Mars trine these points doesn't generally pick a fight, but look out, they don't back down, and they aren't inclined to lose a fight. If you are a jerk or a bully, you'd better find another victim.

Cary2, nice insight. How about Mars conjunct Saturn? I would really like to know what you have to say/share about this aspect.