Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 09-22-2019, 12:47 AM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,291
What do you do when a person likes you but you aren't compatible?

Iíve been trying to explain this to a guy but he only gets upset when I tell him I donít think we are compatible. He doesnít like that I use astrology as a way to see if we are into each other. He just keeps saying he likes me and wants me. But our synastry doesnít really show anything long term. I think it offends him when I tell him about himself based on astrology. I do like him because I can be open with him about my emotions and how I feel. But I donít want to get involved because of Synastry and Composite.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 09-22-2019, 01:33 AM
passiflora's Avatar
passiflora passiflora is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildOfVenus View Post
Iíve been trying to explain this to a guy but he only gets upset when I tell him I donít think we are compatible. He doesnít like that I use astrology as a way to see if we are into each other. He just keeps saying he likes me and wants me. But our synastry doesnít really show anything long term. I think it offends him when I tell him about himself based on astrology. I do like him because I can be open with him about my emotions and how I feel. But I donít want to get involved because of Synastry and Composite.
Are you right?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 09-22-2019, 01:39 AM
greybeard greybeard is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rural Idaho
Posts: 3,457
Re: What do you do when a person likes you but you aren't compatible?

What will happen...the worst possible outcome you can imagine...if you use the 2-letter word "No!"?

"I do not choose to enter into a relationship with you, based on my deep belief in that superstitious hokum called astrology. If you cannot respect my beliefs......."

He has given you a valid reason for not pursuing the matter. He holds your beliefs, and therefore you, in contempt. What relationship can stand when its basis is contempt?

NO is a useful concept.

On the other hand, you two might have a lot of fun together while you are waiting for Mr. Perfect.

Last edited by greybeard; 09-22-2019 at 01:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 09-22-2019, 06:11 AM
ashriia ashriia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,057
Re: What do you do when a person likes you but you aren't compatible?

I agree.

A simple "no", it doesnt need to be drawn out.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 09-22-2019, 01:59 PM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,291
Re: What do you do when a person likes you but you aren't compatible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
What will happen...the worst possible outcome you can imagine...if you use the 2-letter word "No!"?

"I do not choose to enter into a relationship with you, based on my deep belief in that superstitious hokum called astrology. If you cannot respect my beliefs......."

He has given you a valid reason for not pursuing the matter. He holds your beliefs, and therefore you, in contempt. What relationship can stand when its basis is contempt?

NO is a useful concept.

On the other hand, you two might have a lot of fun together while you are waiting for Mr. Perfect.
Some people don't like to use astrology as a way to define whether or not they like someone. They would rather go with how they feel but I like the guy regardless. He says he feels a connection with me.

Last edited by ChildOfVenus; 09-22-2019 at 02:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 09-22-2019, 05:18 PM
MoonSun's Avatar
MoonSun MoonSun is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 52
Re: What do you do when a person likes you but you aren't compatible?

Even liking someone is hard to find these days. You could have the best compatible charts ever with someone and don't connect, simply because you don't like that person.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 09-22-2019, 05:46 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildOfVenus View Post
Some people don't like to use astrology as a way to define whether or not they like someone. They would rather go with how they feel but I like the guy regardless. He says he feels a connection with me.
If you like him go for it. If it goes wrong then it goes wrong. Not the end of the world and you can learn from it. He needs to respect your beliefs first then go for it. If you really donít want to then just say no and block him. Why are you still in contact with him if you donít mind me asking?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 09-23-2019, 01:55 AM
StillOne's Avatar
StillOne StillOne is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Coastal Mountains
Posts: 2,588
Re: What do you do when a person likes you but you aren't compatible?

Hey, the synastry and composite are just two viewpoints on a relationship. It's difficult to understand those forces fully. It's pretty complicated stuff.

If you're not attracted to him, just simply say you're not attracted. It'll save a lot of time for both of you, which is respectful.

However, if you are attracted, then give it a shot!

Above all, have fun!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StillOne For This Useful Post:
ashriia (09-24-2019)
Reply

Tags
compatible, likes, person

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.