I made an Astrology Video!

Phoenix Venus

I made an Astrology video on the sabians symbols in astrology.

Please watch and give me feedback!

Was it useful? Would you watch more videos if I made them?

Like, subscribe and comment if it please you!

https://youtu.be/CGiO4miDd6A

Rawiri

Congrats on making the video Phoenix. :)

You have a really pleasant, clear speaking voice and there was some good information there (such as the sometimes possible "contradictions" between the general nature of a sign and the exact degree of a sign).

I gave it a like.

If I may though, the reading verbatim from a script detracted a bit from the value you were sharing. (At least, I have to presume you were reading from a script)

Admittedly it's hard sometimes to strike a balance between being prepared to give good value and just "ranting"...but ultimately for a medium like video it has to be achieved.

Perhaps try using brief notes that are logical and remind you of points you want to cover (as well as possible exact details such as Einstein's degrees) and speak off the cuff based on those.

Or else make effort to write the script in a more conversational/spoken manner (since we tend to speak and write differently).

It is probably something you will get better at with practice in any case.

I look forward to further video(s) on the using the Parts with the Sabian Symbols since I know that is a major focus and interest of yours.

Phoenix Venus

Thanks for watching and the well-thought feedback, Rawiri!

I will consider making the next video more fluid conversationally.

It was fun to make so I'll definitely be making more.

Blaze

Account Closed
Jupiter's making someone expansive, eh? Great video, very informative. I ditto what Rawr said. Also, I'd try to not bring up what the video is about during the video. Let the title tell that, it's advice I heard from this comedian on YouTube. He's pretty big so I figured I'd share.

P.s. Please read bed time stories to me. Thank you berry much.

Phoenix Venus

Jupiter's making someone expansive, eh? Great video, very informative. I ditto what Rawr said. Also, I'd try to not bring up what the video is about during the video. Let the title tell that, it's advice I heard from this comedian on YouTube. He's pretty big so I figured I'd share.

P.s. Please read bed time stories to me. Thank you berry much.

Plus, uranus is currently crossing over my jupiter. I have the trine between them natally. Great time for expansion of consciousness and opportunity.

Hope you're enjoying your christmas.

piercethevale

Excellent effort and a very well made (first effort?) video in that you chose a fine example to use for the presentation (Einstein).
I, myself, might have chosen a different personage to use as an example but that is due to my limited knowledge about physics and the man himself.

I did notice that you presented my own discovery that the M.C. and I.C. should be read as to the opposite of what Dane presented and didn't make mention of the fact although you did give explanation, that in the manner as which, that it is a "spiritual interpretation" You likely will get some flak from astrologers familiar with the Sabians, as interpreted by Dane, about that until, and unless, you explain why you gave them in the opposite interpretation. As you pointed out in a few threads/posts that they should be read in both manners to get a complete understanding...to which I had to agree to after contemplation on the matter... you should also mention that in any future videos that bring up the chart axis interpretation and that we both suspect, or that there is suspicion, Dane possibly knew of this fact but likely never had amassed enough evidence to support it and publish as such.

I do wonder what Dane may have said publicly or privately on that matter and hope that anyone that knew him personally or heard him say so in a lecture would come forward and so inform so as to give credit where it is truly due. But given Danes intelligence, depth of study of both Jungian psychology and astrology, along with the many years He spent in study of the Sabian Symbols before he finally published his book, some forty years after being first introduced to the subject matter, it is most suspect that He did know but just didn't amass enough evidence before his demise.

Narrative quality will come with experience and possibly with better recording equipment but what you did is pretty good and better than many I've listened to before.
I took a course in public speaking in school and that has served me pretty well. I've done three radio interviews on the subject and can attest that when dealing with a host it can get pretty difficult to maintain both composure and clarity of mind. Only one of those three was to my satisfaction and luckily it got the largest audience of the three. I owe an inestimable amount of gratitude to the late Rick Barber of a.m. station KOA out of Denver for that opportunity and being such an experienced host that allowed me to give such a clearly understood and composed presentation.
I didn't read from a script but I had written about the information often enough and only needed an outline of the material to cover to pull it off. But for a video I think you made the best decision to read from a script...that is if you did so...but it sure sounded like it. I wouldn't do it any other way myself, if I were to make a video, as the audience doesn't want to hear any "hems or haws" or "oh, by the way's", or "I forgot to mention's"... or I should say YOU don't want them to hear that... as, imho, it causes a loss of interest with some of the audience.

Kudos, Phoenix Venus, on a job well done and one that was sorely and long needed to be done.:biggrin:
I eagerly await the promised second video on the Sabians and Astrological Parts.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

I just saw your vid (I get to hear your nice voice)...good work. :smile: And are you really a Scorpio (Phoenix decan) Venus? I'm a jug Aquarius - the last decan ruled by Libra, the planet Venus), 26' Sun conjunct 20' moon Aquarius (new moon day).

Last edited:

Phoenix Venus

Thanks everyone.

Capaquapis, yes I have venus in the first degree of Scorpio and my sun is at 18 Libra conjunct your moon! Seems like nice synastry :D

piercethevale

I've got a used but slightly "new" computer recently. A gift from my sister to replace the Dell that fell apart. Unbelievable shoddy case construction, the bottom literally shattered just from picking it up by a pinch grip between the closed lid and underneath the pc.
It's hardly the I7's capabilities but it's a H.P. with an Intel Celeron and best of all it's also got a Windows Movie Maker... can't get those anymore. It seems to be better than the Power Director 14 software I paid a hundred dollars for too.

I'm planning on making an introduction to the "Birth Chart of Jesus?" material... get the "word out there" so to speak.
Considering that my publisher having closed shop (...and I can't find out if that is temporary or permanently... although it's been awhile and likely the later by now... as for being sued allegedly selling some authors works "under the table"... it's gotta be a tough time to be in the publishing biz?) it's about the best way to get this information spread the furthest and fastest... in fact might be the only way... not to slam astrology weeklys' forum but 36,000 views of a thread, now almost ten years old, isn't exactly what anyone might consider to be "viral" ... and, in fact, that might not even be considered to be anything other than "obscure"

...anyways... I just tested the "movie maker" app out and did a ad lib screen test. using a few photos from my files ...the default microphone that came with the computer
tag it ...uh...tag it anything you'd like to...
public domain... give it a rate, if you care.. let me hear the critics speak and I'll work on it keeping all criticism and advice in mind.

I would rate this video PG for some profanity.

It should beef up the views in number... maybe I should have added some photos of tanned pelts... ifyaknowaddimean? That would really get viewer numbers up there, wouldn't it?

...anyways, just a screen test of audio and visual skills to date...
Next, I'll work on adding titles and captions.
I'll let you all know when a actual astrology video is complete.
Thanks;
...a "Roll 'Em & Smoke 'Em" production...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HawHZVLqiQ8&feature=youtu.be