Would I be a good doctor?

Ninneveh

In the course of deciding what to do with my life, I've often thought about whether or not I should pursue Medicine as a career.

My query is this: Would I be a good doctor?

My preliminary analysis is yes, due to the Lord of the Ascendant (Self) and Lord of the 10th (Career) being Conjunct in the 2nd House (Money) with the Lot of Fortune. North Node is in the 10th, indicating luck. William Lilly says, "If the principall Significator be in Scorpio, he may prove a good Chyrurgion, Apothecary or Physitian, a Brasier or Founder, a Brewer, Vintener, Water-man or Maltster."

I would appreciate other opinions :)

[Merged duplicate threads, deleted duplicate post. - Moderator]

Last edited:

Ninneveh

Saturn has a strong influence, you have it in the fourth which would not appear to have any medical influence whatsoever. Good doctors arise from many years of study etc, very few are born 'good'.

http://astrodranjna.blogspot.com/2013/10/medical-profession-doctor-in-astrology.html

Thank you for your thoughts! The link you posted looked at things from a natal perspective, does that equally apply in a horary question such as this? Saturn is in its own sign Capricorn in the 4th house in the horary, so would this not make it strong? Equally, we could interpret Saturn in the 4th as a doctor who makes house calls. In addition, the link says that Sun is significator of medicine, and Saturn is in Cazimi with the Sun in the 4th house. In my natal chart, Saturn is in the 3rd house in Scorpio in the western zodiac, while Saturn is in the 3rd house in Libra in the sidereal zodiac. And I agree many years of study help, but I also believe that there will be those born with the talent versus those who rise up to it through their own hard work and effort. I feel I would be of the latter group, myself.

Last edited:

SunConjunctUranus

I'm sorry, you don't like what I see. You [Virgo Mercury at I] and your recognition [Gemini Mercury at X] in enmity or square with the other people [malefic Mars at VII]. You might ending up hurt other people IF you become doctor.

Wishing well

R

Ninneveh

I'm sorry, you don't like what I see. You [Virgo Mercury at I] and your recognition [Gemini Mercury at X] in enmity or square with the other people [malefic Mars at VII]. You might ending up hurt other people IF you become doctor.

Wishing well

R

No problem, I appreciate all information :) But is my Mercury not in the 3rd house? How would Mercury represent me in this case?

Last edited:

SunConjunctUranus

In the course of deciding what to do with my life, I've often thought about whether or not I should pursue Medicine as a career.

My query is this: Would I be a good doctor?

My preliminary analysis is yes, due to the Lord of the Ascendant (Self) and Lord of the 10th (Career) being Conjunct in the 2nd House (Money) with the Lot of Fortune. North Node is in the 10th, indicating luck. I would appreciate other opinions :)

That bold loud thought/writing already not a good indication why you should pursuing career in Doctor. Those who work in this field ending up not serving for others who really need help. It also extreme contradict with the "Docter Pledge".

Ninneveh

That bold loud thought/writing already not a good indication why you should pursuing career in Doctor. Those who work in this field ending up not serving for others who really need help. It also extreme contradict with the "Docter Pledge".

I wrote that because it's a fact that the 2nd house indicates finances, and that the significator of myself and career conjunct in that house makes sense, not because I am a person ravenous for money at the expense of others. The Lot of Fortune, with Venus and Moon being dignified in their triplicity testify to that fact. Also, Lord of Lot of Fortune is Mars who is angular in the 7th and dignified in his own sign of Aries, making him strong and benefic. This is by whole sign western zodiac. Also, you were the one who bolded the word money, I did not.

Last edited:

SunConjunctUranus

I wrote that because it's a fact that the 2nd house indicates finances, and that the significator of myself and career conjunct in that house makes sense, not because I am a person ravenous for money at the expense of others. The Lot of Fortune, with Venus and Moon being dignified in their triplicity testify to that fact.

Omg, It's in cadent house [at III] and pegerine. Btw ddn't you see moon is fall at Scorpio?

You [Mercury at IV] are detriment too. :biggrin:

SunConjunctUranus

No problem, I appreciate all information :) But is my Mercury not in the 3rd house? How would Mercury represent me in this case?

As I said before:

I'm sorry, you don't like what I see. You [Virgo Mercury at I] and your recognition [Gemini Mercury at X] in enmity or square with the other people [malefic Mars at VII]. You might ending up hurt other people IF you become

The bold loud mean I'm highlighting the word

Ninneveh

Omg, It's in cadent house [at III] and pegerine. Btw ddn't you see moon is fall at Scorpio?

You [Mercury at IV] are detriment too. :biggrin:

By western zodiac it is in succedent 2nd house, yes Moon is in Fall, but she is also in Triplicity which mitigates it, and in close proximity to Lot of Fortune and Venus the lesser benefic, with zero negative aspects to other planets. Moon is also aspecting with Trine to the North Node which is in her own sign of Cancer from the 10th. From a western zodiac perspective, I do not take Mercury to be a significator of self or career in this case. Don't take my disagreement with you to mean that I do not appreciate your input. I wholly admit to possibly being biased as this is a question concerning myself.

Last edited:

SunConjunctUranus

yes, but the sidereal placements versus tropical does make a difference.

Aye I have interesting quote from other member, it's in the evening there in Houston, so I advice you to studying this.

Nothing wrong with tropical astrology.

But.....

Read above thread for lunch....

....then go study Hitler's chart for dinner...:wink::whistling:

(Hitlers sidereal chart to the left. His tropical chart to the right.)

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18650

You could see right there, and analyze what is more evil nature. Okay good bye. :biggrin:

Ps: I'm sorry if I used "impolite" languages, that's not my intentions to bother you. I just want to answer your horarry question and if you don't like it, it doesn't matter the choice is on your hand. Wish the best luck!

R

Last edited:
Moon (evolution processes-fruition-growth-function of the charts quest) is in her Fall (future 2nd-apologizing for lack of enough solid interest in your question?) Are you really going anywhere with this question, have you thought it through? Are you tinkering about at its possibilities, really unprepared to get involved in the actual pursuit of becoming a doctor, or are you just putting out feelers to the universe -hypothesizing a lot of 'what ifs' without foundation of interest)?

Moon will quincunx (adjustments) Uranus (sudden altering of mind) changes could all of a sudden occur that involve sporadic incident-a reconsideration of choices are in order perhaps) in the 7th (public view) is not such a good augur. These adjustments are directly involved wtih personal choices, Moon has recently seperated from Venus in her fall, she is visiting lord of Libra on your Ascendant within her detriment sign Scorpio in your future 2nd & rules earning power.

About an apptitude delineation: Venus rules a major element in physician work along the lines of touch Venus in her detriment could indicate an inability related to this, represent a reticent attitude to apply necessary technique -correct diagnosis in healing. The will to heal is Libra (balance) but the culpability to be able to do so must include good aspects to Venus. A fine doctor of surgery has good aspects going to lord of the sign Scorpio-Mars for cutting, Venus to Mercury (presently in detriment-includes learning capacity) & Mars for insight and delicate applications. Uranus being one of these planets that makes good doctors as said is receiving a mildly discordant aspect from the Moon (fear of causing death instead of being able to heal its effect?), the aspect shows an interest in the doctorate field, (quincunx is sickness: is an aspect that takes into consideration the distance of six houses (field of work - health) apart from the planet that gives the aspect meaningfulness, but the aspect alone for consideration of becoming a doctor is not enough-is a slight energy. Quite frankly without it appearing in this hoary chart the map would not be radical to read, the Moon being VOC..Void of Course. I'm sorry Venus, lord of your Ascendant is letting you know those hidden understandings you subconsciously (Venus in Scorpio) are occultly aware of already? She ruling the touch factor in her detriment could mean a heavy hand in healing. Are you ready for 8-12 years of dedication in the field?:unsure:

StarSeek

Ninneveh

Ps: I'm sorry if I used "impolite" languages, that's not my intentions to bother you. I just want to answer your horarry question and if you don't like it, it doesn't matter the choice is on your hand. Wish the best luck!

R

No apology necessary, no harm done :) I would rather get answers, agreement or disagreement, from other astrologers on this forum than getting no answer at all.

[Edited]

Last edited:

SunConjunctUranus

Okay thank you! English isn't our common languages too that's why [maybe] I spoke little bit harsh.

But you missed his ascendant though, it's vocal point of the [you called "western astrology] fundamental in his life. Not to mention if you callculated the lot it would be huge mistakes. The degree itself is extremely sensitive for predictive technique, let alone to define the triplicity, head, etc.

And if you learn correctly from VV's life timeline, he is very far away from the development of tropical zodiac. That's why I think it's miske calculation for using acient technique in tropical. But tropical not necessarily wrong, but those "professionals astrologers" in modern time won't tell you their own technique because it would take away their client. You know what I mean?

Unfortunately, vedic isn't accessible in the internet to learn properly. But I wish to learning it in the future.

Wish good luck

R

Ninneveh

Okay thank you! English isn't our common languages too that's why [maybe] I spoke little bit harsh.

But you missed his ascendant though, it's vocal point of the [you called "western astrology] fundamental in his life.

R

I personally place more importance on the Lord of the Ascendant rather than the Ascendant sign itself, but that is my own way, not necessarily the right way.

SunConjunctUranus

I personally place more importance on the Lord of the Ascendant rather than the Ascendant sign itself, but that is my own way, not necessarily the right way.

I'm telling you, it still missed.

Ie: if you had early Virgo [below 24°] in tropical, you had mercury as the lord right? But if you switch to the sidereal, it give you Leo and Sun as the Lord. Is that what is more important to you? Let alone you calculating the lot because it is ancient technique too and you talk about it from previous post.

Ninneveh

I'm telling you, it still missed.

Ie: if you had early Virgo [below 24°] in tropical, you had mercury as the lord right? But if you switch to the sidereal, it give you Leo and Sun as the Lord. Is that what is more important to you? Let alone you calculating the lot because it is ancient technique too and you talk about it from previous post.

I respectfully disagree. I think you misunderstand me. I value the Ascendant as it will give us the Ascendant Lord. But I personally place more importance on the Ascendant Lord when delineating the chart than I do the Ascendant sign, not to say that it is unimportant in of itself. I use what I have found to work and be accurate for me. All astrologers have their own preferences and style, and no astrologer will be exactly alike in the way they delineate.

Last edited: