Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Horary Questions on Medicine and health

Horary Questions on Medicine and health For questions about health, illnesses and recovery, pregnancy and baby gender.

Unread 04-26-2010, 10:03 AM

Re: Horary Test: Am I pregnant?

thankyou starlink

I will think of this excersise as you have written, im a lot like you i feel in the way i learn and follow
Quote:
Deborah Houlding in the internet (skyscript)
I think she is the best example on how to read a horay chart

I also like william lillys works

I dont see myslef as a beginner ive been doing horay for a while, but i do see myself as a beginner of being good at it and i have a few messy emotional things going on right now that have interfeared in my self confidence and its reflecting in my readings of charts...

I still feel a horay is not to be read like a natal chart... but thats only me and everyone has a right to learn the way they do best! thats somethig im learning here also.

Unread 04-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Senior Member, Educational board Editor

Hi there-Just throwing my hat into the ring too!
I dont think she is pregnant.
Firstly I see her body is ruled by Mercury and Mercury is strongly positioned in h10.
Her fifth house is ruled by Saturn.
Saturn is in Mercury's sign but in h12 and making no aspect to Mercury.
Even though Jupiter is inside h5 it is in capricorn, its Fall-so less helpful.
The moon is also in cap-sign of its fall. Jupiter rules h4 here-and the moon is in that house, not applying any aspects to the relevant rulers.
So I think her pregnancy test may be negative.
Lilly

**As above, so below**
Unread 04-26-2010, 06:22 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Modcleopatra

Hi All!

Excuse me, if you don't mind, I would like to briefly post something unrelated to the motivation of this thread.

As promised I have *new* Horary Board rules/guidelines.

If you haven't submitted to me, in some way, shape, or form, what you would like to see changed (Kaiousei you never got back to me-- please do!), then your desired changes will not be reflected in this process.

If you don't participate in your government by voting, you can't complain!

Because this is a community for many different kinds of people-- not all specific changes could be granted.

But I am sure, if everyone takes the time to look this and tell me what they like or don't like, more changes will be made.

You will certainly be able to approach me, directly, as in PM, to address any issues you to still have.

If you have yet to approach me directly, just know I did not spend my time interpreting your posts (except in the "Elephant" thread). I took only what was given to me.

Again, this is just a representation of what can be in place, but just know you will be met with pressure regarding certain issues and those will remain unchanged. We simply cannot please everyone.

But, if you haven't told me what you wanted, then please don't be frustrated if your desires aren't reflected in this latest draft.

I'll be submitting it for moderator approval tonight.

Continue on with this thread and sorry for the potential derailment.

Mod.
Unread 04-26-2010, 07:33 PM

Send a message via MSN to Kaiousei no Senshi Send a message via Skype™ to Kaiousei no Senshi

Quote:
Now I see what's at the root of my concern, Kai......Bible thumpers always strike me as being indoctrinated rather than mindful in their thinking.
Thanks EJ, I appreciate that.

You have to understand that at his prime Lilly was answering 2000 charts a year and is perhaps the most prolific horary astrologer in history. He's not stingy with his knowledge and even offers up the suggestions of techniques he disagrees with for the student to try at their leisure. It's hardly a matter of faith.

Kerrie, here's the information for the chart. Sorry it took so long, I had to go back and discover it. x.x

May 22nd, 2008. 2:17pm at Hot Springs, AR, USA
Unread 04-26-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote.
'...Hotsprings,AR'

Wish it was 'Bald Knob, AR'

Does anyone note 'The Lord of The Hour'?

Thank you for posting this thread K n S,learning lots.

Jerry
Unread 04-26-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryRR View Post
Does anyone note 'The Lord of The Hour'?
Yes, when I'm looking over considerations.

“Famous are those persons in whose Nativities the Moon receives the light of many Planets.”
—Cardanus.
Unread 04-26-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
I still feel a horay is not to be read like a natal ch
It isn't! In horary you dont have exact aspects for instance, only ingoing and outgoing. Some houses are different. The 8th in natal has to do with sex, but in horary it is the 5th. The 8th has to do with death. The 6th in natal has to do with work and health, in horary it is the house of illness, not health. There are strict rules in horary which dont apply in natal astrology, like a VOC Moon and it's great influence on a horary outcome. I have done modern for almost 30 years now and I find horary very different and I also interprete it completely different. Also with missing persons or objects, you cannot do that sort of thing in natal. You can also not see what people think of one another in synastry, but you can in horary by looking if there is mutual reception etc. Of course certain things are similar, like the 5th which has to do with children and romance is similarly interpreted in natal, except for the fact that in natal it also represents your self expression, less talked about in horary.
Unread 04-26-2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:
don't be frustrated if your desires aren't reflected in this latest draft.
Cleopatra, I have not seen any draft as I have not been regularly in the forum. Where can I find it?
Unread 04-26-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Lee is another very clear writer, and her Martial Art of Horary Astrology is excellent.
Oh, good to know, a "must have" book. Thanks for mentioning it Olivia.

Quote:
Everyone in the thread has made excellent suggestions.
I am looking forward to yours as well!! I read all of your interpretations with interest.

Last edited by starlink; 04-26-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Unread 04-26-2010, 10:12 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Modcleopatra

Hi Star,

I have not "gone public" with any changes made yet.

Stay tuned! I'll let you know when they've arrived.

Mod.
Unread 04-27-2010, 02:52 AM

Send a message via MSN to Kaiousei no Senshi Send a message via Skype™ to Kaiousei no Senshi

Quote:
The 8th in natal has to do with sex, but in horary it is the 5th. The 8th has to do with death. The 6th in natal has to do with work and health, in horary it is the house of illness, not health
I have to give a disclaimer here. These differences only occur in the modern astrological system (as in one coming from modern natal analysis going into horary or some other branch where traditional techniques and philosophy is necessary). The houses retain their meanings throughout the entire art of traditional astrology.
Unread 04-28-2010, 07:07 AM

Oop, almost forgot about this tonight. I guess that means it's time for the big reveal.

Drum roll please...*dramatic music*

It turned out that the querent was not pregnant. The querent had no wish to be pregnant at this time and was a bit upset. You'll note the Moon is in her detriment. I actually posted this chart as a kind of trick question, I figured there would be some confusion about the chart with some people not knowing which way to go with it due to the way the chart looks.

Points to those astrologers who took into account the strength of the significators (their ability to manifest what they promise) and those pregnancy specific considerations which most can be found in Lilly's Christian Astrology pg. 226 "Whether She is With Child or Not".

The lesson behind this chart being to always consider the strength of the planets involved and any special considerations for the subject of the chart.

Thanks for playing everybody. Who's next? I learned that playing is more fun than being the host of the game. :P
Unread 04-28-2010, 09:22 AM

I'll be posting a self-criticism of the mistakes I made (within the context of my own approach) tomorrow!
Unread 04-28-2010, 11:58 AM

kai love ya work but...

To all those that thought she was pregnant... before slapping yourself...
Id like you to remember that a pregnancy horay cant be that easy to judge... I have read others that have had week rulers also and not even in the houses they should to represent being pregnant....
This was only one chart... it takes many many for even the experianced to get right!

Im not going to take back what i said, it was confusuing.. the signifyers were all in non fertile rulers and i havent seen one positive pregnancy with virgo or capricorn involved. there were no past aspects that matter..

This is where i thought i was being tricked, I knew something had to be up sneaky kai
Unread 04-28-2010, 12:30 PM

Oh my, what can I say? I was maybe also influenced by the fact that I have also seen several charts with barren signs, natally as well, where the women got pregnant without any problem. It is indeed very tricky to tell. Good one Kai!
Unread 05-01-2010, 08:50 AM

Confession of Dr. Bonehead

Yep, that's me: Dr. Bonehead! Because in my delineation of this exercise question I made several really dumb mistakes-no, NOT that I didn't apply standard horary procedures, rather that I did not apply key elements of my own methodology, to analysis of the question. Excuses? Yeah, well, I could say that I didn't pay the right kind of attention to the matter because it was only an exercise and no one was "out there" hoping for a guiding answer-and that would be true; and I could admit that finding the Part of Conception in Scorpio gave me a (false) sense of bravado-leading me to pay too much attention to one chart element and not enough to other, impacting elements.
Yes that affected my judgement as well.

In all charts (horary, event, decumbiture, progressed/profected, mundane) it has long been my practice to always look first for the Dragon's Tail (South Node) So important is this unfailing indicator of trouble and negativity to me in looking at charts that a legitimate nickname for me could be "Dragon's Tail Farr"! Yet I delineated this horary without knowing the nodal positions-that's really dumb (within the context of my methodology) When I later found out the nodal degrees, I had already made my post, and I just glanced to see that DT was not in the 1st house (which it wasn't)-the reality is that I should have reconsidered the chart which would have led me to give a quite different answer.

So-within the context of my methodology-here's what I did wrong:

+the Part of Mothers and the Part of Female Intercourse were both in Aries-a barren sign (Note: the quesited sign of Capricorn, while not fruitful, is also not barren, according to traditional teachings) But Aries is a hard barren sign: this should have given me 2 points vs pregnancy;

+the significator of the Part of Mothers and of Female Intercourse and-OF THE PART OF CONCEPTION!-is Mars-that's ok, except for one big deal: Mars is posited in another hard barren sign-Leo! As I have posted elsewhere on AW, with the Parts/Lots, the significator of the Part (which is the planetary dispositor of the sign in which the Part falls) MUST be given equal attention along with the place of the Part itself! Mars signifies all 3 Parts relating to possible pregnancy: and Mars is in a very barren sign!
(Its placement in the less-than-fruitful 12th house {whole sign} doesn't exactly give confidence, either) This fact of significator Mars channeling the barren energy of Leo into the Parts strongly compromises the positive testimony of the Part of Conception in Scorpio, downgrades its value significantly, and pretty much knocks out any remaining potentially positive testimony from the Part of Mothers and Part of Female Intercourse;

+while I would like to blame the coloring of the Venus glyph on the chart and the lack of an aspect table (like I'm used to from Astrodienst charts) for my next error, its really something even a rank novice should be ashamed of overlooking: in the chart, a strongly placed, in its own rulership Venus-planet of fertility, planet of pregnancy (many believe-including me-more important than the Moon in the pregnant state) VENUS, I say-IS WITHIN 3 DEGREES OF PERFECT OPPOSITION TO THE PART OF CONCEPTION! And-I didn't see it! Such an opposition-in a question about pregnancy!-severely compromises any promise from the Part of Conception-in fact, unless the trend of chart elements is STRONGLY in favor, such a finding would almost by itself demand a NO answer to the question!!

+however, I have saved my greatest boneheaded omission for the last. The Dragon's Tail. In this chart the DT is posited:'
-in Leo (same house and sign as Mars: significator for all 3 Parts)
-in 21 Leo: now, the DT is never, ever under any circumstances even close to having benefic influences. Any aspect to it-any type of aspect-brings problems to the planet (or Part or cusp) in such aspect (orb for DT is 3 degrees)
-DT aspects the Part of Mothers (and almost aspects the Part of Female Intercourse); this relationship = further elimination of any positive testimony from that Part-in fact it turns it into NEGATIVE testimony
-DT aspects (semi-sextile) the degree of the Ascendant; in so doing it casts a negative pall over the whole chart (and thereby strengthens all testimonies supporting a NO answer)
-Most importantly, DT squares the Part of Conception: to me, there is no question about it: this aspect REVERSES the positive testimony of the Part of Conception in Scorpio, and says-right here-NO there is no fertility, no pregnancy: to overcome such an indication (in my book) the remaining elements of chart testimony would have to be entirely positive, and, even under such circumstances, I would not feel very confident in offering a yes answer.

I apologize to AW members for the poor application of my methodology which I displayed in this horary exercise, "Am I pregnant?"
Unread 05-01-2010, 09:34 AM
Senior Member, Educational board Editor

Re: Confession of Dr. Bonehead

And thankyou very much for working us through your reasoning here.It all makes sense to me.
Cheers
Lilly

**As above, so below**
Unread 05-01-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
And thankyou very much for working us through your reasoning here.It all makes sense to me.
Yes Dr.Farr, really impressive! I second Lilly's "thank you".
Unread 01-12-2011, 06:16 AM

(Following is a test of the experimental Walis Magic 8 Ball form of astro-divination and is not standard horary practice)

Since this is a known-result horary, let's see what the Magic 8 Ball would have shown:
-the Part of Conception is at 24Scorpio; Scorpio = Mars = a "no" answer according to 8 Ball rules.
The outcome of this question was that querent was not pregnant, so this is a correct answer/prediction by the 8 Ball method.

(for an amusing discussion of how, misusing primary Ankara horary, I got this question wrong, see my posting entitled "Confessions of Dr. Bonehead", above)
Unread 04-02-2011, 12:14 PM

Hi,
It is a very nice tread...a lot to learn ...I can't open the chart so can't follow the interpretations...can you please attach the chart again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiousei no Senshi View Post
Keeping the ball rolling on the horary tests I thought I would post one since both wintersprite and RayAustin have revealed theirs already. Hopefully we can keep this rolling for quite some time, though I do have to admit that my own stores of reliable known outcome charts is rather low. Hopefully some other nice people can step up and fill out the ranks before it comes back to being my turn.

Backstory: Okay, so obviously the question is "Am I pregnant?" This question was asked by a 22 year old woman about a week and a half to two weeks after the initial copulation (if memory serves). I don't remember how old the man was. Pretty simple right?

One thing I thought I'd touch on as far as how these tests are supposed to work. Everyone who has responded to them so far seems to have a pretty good grasp of explaining themselves and what they see and how they arrive at their own conclusion. That's fantastic. The only other thing I could mention is that if you intend to play the test game, you should not read other people's interpretations. It spoils the fun and I will come after you . Obviously I can't "come after you" or stop you, but it ruins the point as you won't learn anything or stretch a muscle. If you're curious as to what others have to say (as everyone always is) then be sure to go back and read after you've posted your interpretation. Everyone got that? Awesome.

Have at it!

Oh yeah, I'll reveal in three days (if I remember).
Unread 04-02-2011, 08:43 PM

Sorry, Chart is available when I tried another computer's software...it looks like I had a problem with the software of the previous PC.
Unread 05-28-2011, 05:42 AM

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

Thought I'd like to see what the al-Sadwali pregnancy delineation method would have indicated in this test horary:

-querent = 1st house = Virgo = Mercury: Mercury posited in Gemini = fertile
-quesited = 5th house = Capricorn = Saturn; Saturn posited in Virgo = not fertile
-Moon posited in Capricorn = not fertile
-Part of Conception in Scorpio = fertile
-1st trigonal day lord of sign on the 5th house (Capricorn) = Venus; Venus posited in Taurus = fertile
-ascendant = Virgo = not fertile
-5th house = Capricorn = not fertile
-8th house = Aries = not fertile
-11th house = Cancer = fertile
Results:
Fertile = 4 hits
Not Fertile = 5 hits
Net: +1 for Not Fertile

...so the al-Sadwali would have indicated a (correct) not fertile (ie, not pregnant) answer to this test question.
Unread 03-03-2017, 04:54 AM

Thought I would refresh this thread, since it both discusses an INCORRECT answer of mine using the Ankara horary method, and also gives an example of the Magic 8 Ball astro-divination technique...and the oldtime al-Sadwali "pregnancy delineation" method...
Unread 03-25-2017, 03:57 AM

Dear Dr. Farr, would it be possible for you to outline the Al Sadwali pregnancy method here for us? I like many others here have learned enormously from your knowledge, thank you for being so generous with us.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ninneveh For This Useful Post:
dr. farr (03-25-2017)
Unread 03-25-2017, 04:09 AM

I'll post a thread about this method in the near future.

Tags
horary, pregnant, test