Random Thoughts, strictly Text

petosiris

Banned
David, any thoughts on these elements? I found that they exactly match the one version of traditional triplicity rulers.

Aries + Leo + Sagittarius = 1 Moisture + 1/2 Heat + 1 Heat + 1/2 Dryness + 1 Dryness + 1/2 Cold = 1 Heat + 1/2 Dryness (South or Fire)
Taurus + Virgo + Capricorn = 1 Moisture + 1/2 Heat + 1 Heat + 1/2 Dryness + 1 Cold + 1/2 Moisture = 1 Moisture + 1/2 Heat (West or Air)
Gemini + Libra + Aquarius = 1 Moisture + 1/2 Heat + 1 Dryness + 1/2 Cold + 1 Cold + 1/2 Moisture = 1 Cold + 1/2 Moisture (North or Water)
Cancer + Scorpio + Pisces = 1 Heat + 1/2 Dryness + 1 Dryness + 1/2 Cold + 1 Cold + 1/2 Moisture = 1 Dryness + 1/2 Cold (East or Earth)

david starling

David, any thoughts on these elements? I found that they exactly match the one version of traditional triplicity rulers.

Aries + Leo + Sagittarius = 1 Moisture + 1/2 Heat + 1 Heat + 1/2 Dryness + 1 Dryness + 1/2 Cold = 1 Heat + 1/2 Dryness (South or Fire)
Taurus + Virgo + Capricorn = 1 Moisture + 1/2 Heat + 1 Heat + 1/2 Dryness + 1 Cold + 1/2 Moisture = 1 Moisture + 1/2 Heat (West or Air)
Gemini + Libra + Aquarius = 1 Moisture + 1/2 Heat + 1 Dryness + 1/2 Cold + 1 Cold + 1/2 Moisture = 1 Cold + 1/2 Moisture (North or Water)
Cancer + Scorpio + Pisces = 1 Heat + 1/2 Dryness + 1 Dryness + 1/2 Cold + 1 Cold + 1/2 Moisture = 1 Dryness + 1/2 Cold (East or Earth)

Looks about right.

Lykanized

I've been honing my skills lately related to discipline, power of the human mind to overcome physical obstacles, deciding exactly who and what I want to be-- honestly, it's very hard to put it into words exactly what it is I'm doing, but I'm finding everything is basically just about mindset. If we can alter our mindset, we can do just about anything, even overcoming those physical obstacles

This has been missing from my life heavily. I only started really being able to work on it after giving up my addictions that were draining me so completely I was essentially not even myself, let alone not being able to use that mental power

I'm on a path now to actually accomplishing everything I've always dreamed of and I can feel the next year will be an incredibly fruitful one for me on all fronts. The faith I've conjured up through past experiences leaves me absolutely sure of the brightness of the future regardless of how hard it will be as I know I can put in that work

This isn't bragging even if it sounds like it. I've faced so many challenges in my life and it's taken me many years to understand how to get myself out of the deep and seemingly endless hole I was in. I finally figured out I was doing it to my own self and on some level choosing it. But that just means I can choose to be and do whatever I want to just as anyone can. That freedom is an intoxicatingly beautiful feeling, but it didn't come without years of ******* up

I have to say, I really do feel grateful for that as I feel those challenges are exactly what have enabled me to start gaining true self mastery in a way I know I couldn't have otherwise

I don't have general anxiety anymore nor do i have other mental disorders I've suffered from my entire life, and of course addiction. That's why I'm so passionate about these disorders not being chronic as conventional rhetoric would lead us to believe. I know they're not , although I know saying that carries taboo

So I'm transforming on a very very real and tangible level. I'd say just about all that's staying the same is what's at the very core of me, my soul and the souls I love, as well as what I choose to keep.Those are all that we're truly bound to. Everything else is mutable. Anything that isn't conducive to bringing the visions I have to materialozation I've realized I can shift. It takes a lot of willpower, but willpower is endowed in our spirits and it's endless

I used to be very attached to the chaos of myself and the constant shifts back and forth and in every single direction at once, but I've learned the glories of taming myself and using my willpower to choose the direction I desire, how long I want to stay there, and just what I want to do with it

yet at the same time, I have much more faith in where in going so I don't overly fixate on strict organization and the such. It's a health balance of chaos and order

ynnest

What if bread could be made from dried apples that have been sundried in the sun and then watered with sunbathed water from the waterfalls of Himalaya to get that soaked puffy feeling like those pom pom dogs have naturally from their puffy fur!

Y

david starling

What if bread could be made from dried apples that have been sundried in the sun and then watered with sunbathed water from the waterfalls of Himalaya to get that soaked puffy feeling like those pom pom dogs have naturally from their puffy fur!

Y

You might find it on Amazon.

petosiris

Banned
I hate when others do injury to me, because I often go into fits of anger and curse them along with the life that my parents gave me. However, in moments of philosophical contemplation I realise that it is better for God to send me suffering in this life, but forgive my own wrongdoings to others in the next life, which are many, because it is better and even worth praying for to be taxed in this passing life than in the next eternal one.

petosiris

Banned
Oh, how about that moment you realize the impossibility of being Christ-like in an age of externalities and as a member of a fallen species with a psyche full of blind spots.

With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.

david starling

With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.

This is a better thread to ask you this question than Opal's: I remember you saying that the Moon ingresses into a tropical Sign happen sooner where you are than the times listed for other locations. Is this just a result of a difference in Latitude? And, does it apply to all the ingresses?

petosiris

Banned
Peto, as long as you're here, didn't you once say that the ingress into a tropical Sign happens sooner in some locations on the planet than others? If so, where would those sooner places be? Does it have something to do with Latitude?

Modern measurement of day, night and equinoxes has to do with latitude.
https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/equinox-not-equal.html

Are you thinking what I am thinking? Age of Aquarius coming in Canada, Russia and Norway first? :surprised:

But this was actually a misunderstanding, and only true for those astrologers who define day and night in a different way from Ptolemy at least, probably following the modern convention factoring refraction into account. Day and night are defined in the Almagest by the exact moment the center of the Sun's disk is on the Ascendant or the Descendant. In astrology, we also work with the centers of the planets, the Sun and the Moon in reality cover more than half a degree of the ecliptic.

There was actually a discussion on sect's definition here - http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewt...start=15&sid=1837709737b955d80251fe9d4b171b7e, see second page.

It has nothing to do with the tropical zodiac, as long as it is not defined by modern conventions of day and night that factor refraction or the edges of the Sun.

Last edited: