Childhood trauma and 4th house?

Moulin

Hi :)

Would the 4th house indicate a severely traumatic childhood experience where the mother left the home and her kids, with the father?

If so, does it matter which sign is ruler of the 4th and what planets would influence this outcome?

Thanks

Moulin

EJ53

Banned
Hi Moulin,

4th yes - and maybe connections with 1st, 8th and 12th.

But, after that, a lot depends upon the nature of the trauma. 4th cusp Scorpio/psychological; Aries/physical; Capricorn/controlling; etc. Moon in 4th (or linked to it) for mother; Sun squaring Moon/4th for father; one or more of Saturn/Pluto/Mars/Uranus appearing somehere; etc.

EJ:)

Moulin

Hi EJ,

Thanks for replying. Well it was several trauma's from a difficult birth to parents separating at age 5. Mother left the family home and the father brought up the kids. His relationships were very unstable and he was extremely controlling mentally and emotionally with all his children.

The whole home environment was very unstable, though financially secure. The father never hugged or praised his kids and they are all pretty emotionally scarred from this. Lack of mother didn't help them either.

All of the children have very bad relationship skills in their adulthood and 2 of them have failed marriages.

These are my cousins i'm talking about and i'm trying to help her find out her ascendant. She is the same age as me and similar charts, and weirdly enough we are very similar in how our lives have gone so far. I'm wondering if she has pluto/uranus in 4th, or neptune or her saturn in Aries. Her father is aries (like mine). We are almost like twins except she is more secretive and you have to prise everything out of her :)

EJ53

Banned
The nature of his abuse does sound like Pluto/Scorpio or Saturn/Capricorn - but I'd opt for the Pluto/Uranus to be more influential, especially if his behaviour was "unpredictable" as well.

The birth trauma might be particularly helpful here though. I've often found this shown by the moon or ascendant. So, in effect, you have an immediate event around the time of birth relating to a moon transit. The nature of that event may give you the planets/houses involved - thus placing them in their respective houses at the time of birth.

Moulin

ok so you mean l need to put moon on AC and see where pluto/uranus are?

When you say transits, am l being dumb today or are the transits not the birth chart?

Am l misunderstanding you EJ? :)

If l may her AC scorpio (pluto) then funnily enough Uranus/Aqua rules the 4th and capricorn/saturn rules the 3rd (communication). She was always not herself at home and always became more bubbly when at our house so maybe the saturn was squashing her voice? No planets in 3rd/4th though. Saturn in 5th.

With a late scorpio AC pluto and uranus trines it. hmmm.. interesting, thanks.

Moulin

OMG

her father (my uncle by marriage) has his mercury opposing her pluto/uranus and his saturn/mars trines them..
wow, pluto/uranus must be in the 4th EJ.

Thank you, you are a STAR!

EJ53

Banned
The birthchart and the transits are indeed the same. But, think of that as a transit chart that resulted in an event (the trauma). Then, which houses do the planets need to be in to fit the event - eg. surgery might involve 8th house.

Scorpio as 1st seems to fit. But so does Scorpio on 4th, Uranus/Aquarius on 7th (unpredictable "other"), Capricorn on 6th (everyday control) and Saturn in 8th.

Moulin

EJ53 said:
The birthchart and the transits are indeed the same. But, think of that as a transit chart that resulted in an event (the trauma). Then, which houses do the planets need to be in to fit the event - eg. surgery might involve 8th house.

Scorpio as 1st seems to fit. But so does Scorpio on 4th, Uranus/Aquarius on 7th (unpredictable "other"), Capricorn on 6th (everyday control) and Saturn in 8th.

You just totally described my chart lol

I have Leo AC with uranus ruling 7th, capricorn on 6th and saturn in 8th!!!!
How bizarre?!

So family patterns do run through the children then, maybe?

When you have Saturn in Scorpio in the 4th house along with Pluto in Scorpio in the 4th house and South Node in Scorpio in the 4th house like myself welcome to the hard knock difficult hitting Trauma Effect!

Ukpoohbear

If Mars/Aries is physical, Saturn is too strict, Uranus is unpredictable what is Neptune? It seems the nature of the abuse would be confusing? Alcohol/drug related but there is more to Neptune than substances, would it be absence?

Venusine

I think Neptunian pain is related to fantasy world. Like one parent has some mental disorder that is affecting to the whole family. Or one parent is a liar..promising stuff, creating high hopes and misleading and that way disappointing family members time after time. Maybe its also inability to relate and to see real nature of some family member. Like abusive behaviour is not recognised as such or there is belief it will change in time.

Lin

Never underestimate the power of Pluto.

Anyway, Neptune, Pluto, Uranus on the 4th house cusp or ruling it will be a "red signal" about some sort of dysfunctional family.

Abandonment is often shown by oppositions of Moon, Venus, Merc opposed by a heavy planet.

The closer to the IC the heavy planets are, the more likely the chaos or dysfunction in the original home.
LIN

Lin

You can remember it, try to forget it OR totally "forget" it. BUT.......that does NOT reduce or eliminate the effects of that dysfunctional childhood. YOu live with it your entire life.
Actually remembering it, talking about it, understanding what happened and how, and eventually letting it go is the most any of us can hope for.

YOu can never undo it. BUT....if you are conscious of it there is a chance you WON'T repeat it in your own life later, with your own family and children. The best thing that can happen is that you don't become a conduit for the dysfunction of the past to go into the future VIA YOUR ACTIONS. And when we avoid or deny our terrible experiences as children we are more prone to repeating the mistakes of our own dysfunctional families.

That is how this vicious cycle is perpetuated.

LIN

clip11

Would the 4th house indicate a severely traumatic childhood experience where the mother left the home and her kids, with the father?

If so, does it matter which sign is ruler of the 4th and what planets would influence this outcome?

Thanks

Moulin
I have a stellium in the 4th with Saturn and sun and Moon included and I suffered birth trauma which led to attachment trauma which led to attention deficit disorder.

greybeard

Thanks

Moulin

Absolutely yes.
Ditto.

4th is "home & family", and also "the root" of the horoscope or of the entity under consideration. It is Jung's "collective unconscious", our deepest drives (which are formed of the stuff of childhood experiences). The 4th is the house of "final endings"; notice how beginnings and endings are so often found together: the experiences of early childhood foretell the final outcome because they form our deepest psychic drives, which channel us toward that end.